Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
alicefox
hitachiin-fangirl
Tama
ghoul-girl
NickyTakagi
Cinnamonipples
Babyface21
vegacerezo
Minzgruen
setolove
ReineChui
Ryu Rena
Thepinkbookworm
Mrs.Takagi
18 posters

Twins appreciation

Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena
    Chairman of Picture Edits

Twins appreciation - Page 8 Empty Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 am

Minzgruen wrote:Maybe it's also different, because Japanese men ARE very shy

You hit the jackpot there. I read a fact somewhere that Japanese guys don't really say they love someone even if they do. They're just THAT shy. When I watch Junjou Romantica, the cute lil' uke kept saying how he can't just confess an 'I love you' because he's a Japanese.
    From that point I know, these guys are helpless when it comes to love.. Onion Icy Breeze Let's say if any of us managed to get a Japanese guy to like us, it'll take them AGES to say they love you, unless of course..they're the truly, manly seme type instead of seke (seme + uke). If it was me..I'd get so frustrated that I'LL be the one telling the guy to just hurry up and say you like me!! It's that obvious dude!!
    Onion Stress Load Japanese..sometimes you don't get them.

Minzgruen wrote:It's muuuuuch easier for me to draw with the graphic tablet. It's impossible for me to draw on paper, I totally suck at it. I'd make so many mistakes and I woulnd't be able to undo all of them

Really?! I'm much comfortable drawing on a piece of paper. Pencil and paper are my best friends Gleaming Onion Eyes I even drew an entire page of pokemon picture and gave it to my pokemaniac friend. But if you give me a tablet..well..it might look like a monster that even I'll have nightmares just looking at it.

Minzgruen wrote:
    Twins appreciation - Page 8 0atumb10

I'm sorry...I can't help but stare at whatever's on Shin-chan's crotch/crotch... Onion OTL

*COUGHCOUGHHACKCOUGH*

HE LOOKS SO CUTE THERE!!! Shin-chan..!! You make me want to hug you all the more!!!
    Onion Starry Eyes
    And that gif!! Oh goodness that is so cute, no wonder Manpei loves him like crazy (even if he's in denial) THOSE CHEEEEEEKS!!!
    Onion Blush
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 am

Minzgruen wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:I'm starting to believe that all the reports and rumors are true. . .younger Japanese men really aren't interested in women all that much. . . .

Hmm, wonder if that's true, too. You don't see Japanese Ikemen with women very often. But that's also because of their managements, I think. They are not allowed to date women - and that's, by the way, quite ... unfair. But that's Japan, that's another world. And I also think that they don't care very much. Look how busy they are, always traveling around Japan, stageplays here, dorama shooting there ... they just don't have time for any girlfriend.

Perhaps that's the same with "normal" Japanese guys?

Maybe it's also different, because Japanese men ARE very shy. It's quite a surprise when there's someone here my age, who doesn't have a girlfriend/boyfriend.

...or maybe they are gay after all, who cares, anyway? xD'

I seriously don't know what's up with Japanese men. . .they can be so hot and manly and cool that I just wanna marry one as fast as humanly possible.
    Then other times they seem to have these personality traits that make want to grab 'em by the collar and shake 'em!! Onion To Kill

They are seriously SOOOO passive compared to Western ( and particuarly) American men. For example, at the right time in the right place in a crowded place, and in the right outfit guys here will usually come and try to chat me up. . .it'll get them nowhere because I'm not interested in them of course. . . Cunning Onion but they'll at least make the effort you know, they're more aggressive in their approach to women.

Japanesse men seem to prefer to drag their feet and take their sweet time Onion Yawn I mean, don't get me wrong, shy guys can be totally cute (especially shy guys like Manpei) but I find it frustrating if/when men can't come out and truly say whats on their minds or in their hearts. Whether what they have to say is good or bad, I still want to hear it, you know?

I was JUST reading this article online not 48 hours ago (and I can't believe I didn't save it) about the martial status with Japanese people over the last decade or so. I can't remember all the details because it was kind of long, but the article basically said that one of the reasons Japanese men (roughly under the age of 40) aren't interested in dating/marriage is because the roles of women in Japan have changed: they are going to school, having careers and have high paying jobs, etc. Then one man in the interview claimed that "Japanese women are too picky nowadays".

Another crazy stat from the article, divorce rates in Japan are relatively low but married couples having affairs are quite common Suspect

So maybe it's fair to say that Japanese women aren't interested in the men anyway, so it's like tit-for-tat really. . .but I seriously still don't get it. . . Razz

As for them possibly being gay? It wouldn't surprise me either way lol I mean, I seriously wonder about all these plays and TV shows that have an all male cast. . .the guys just spending weeks together from morning til night. . .going out drinking and to the bath-houses. . .sometimes I wonder what really goes on. . . Cunnin Onion Idea

There are a couple of other ikemen actors I follow (hard to believe, I know) and in their blogs they'll mention stuff like "Well I live alone and I often get lonely, so I'll invite one or two of my friends over, and we'll go out to the onsen, then come back home to drink and play games, then we fall asleep together on the futon. . ."

Shocked

It's just amusing to me because you'll hardly ever hear a story like that from American actors LOL I know a lot of companies have rules about their talents not being allowed to date but. . .seriously, is it really possible that Stardust has forbidden 26-year-old twins from dating? They mentioned in an interview once that they went on a double-date even, but perhaps it was just a one time thing?

(I've noticed that the Japanese have a slightly different take on what it means to "date" someone.)

Maybe the twins do date and just aren't allowed to mention it to fans?

Or maybe. . .and I'm hoping this is the case. . . all they care about is acting and each other and they couldn't care less about dating women right now. . .which is a perfect arrangement if you ask me Onion Thumbs Up

Minzgruen wrote:

Twins appreciation - Page 8 255rfnm

And this ... Kyaaaaaaaaaah, that's just so cute. Excuse me while I go die happy now ...

OOOOOOHHHHHH. . . .DAT FACE!!!! Onion Love Eyes Onion Starry Eyes Why is Shinpei so good at making faces??
    I seriously just want to cup his face and my hand and just squeeze it until all the sugar and candy and prizes fall out!! Onion XD
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 am

Not just Japanese women who are getting picky..a lot of Eastern women are starting to get picky nowadays, myself included. It's just that..here in the east, women had been discriminated in the past, doing nothing but stay home and not be able to leave the house unless the husband says so. I guess when modernisation come along, the women rise up and want SOMEONE with a high status as they do, y'know..to not tarnish their image and whatnot? I still don't get it, but that's what I see nowadays.

Plus, even if they get married, I don't think they'll even have time for each other. So 'highschool' love is practically getting old news in most eastern countries. Some eastern women have such aggressive nature, a shy and quiet husband just DOESN'T interest them at all.

I just hope the rate of Japanese men going gay isn't that high because the last thing we need is Japan's population plummetting dangerously low in the future. I notice that females tend to be with females and males be with males in Japan, they don't interract a lot with each other.

And Takagi-senpai..what exactly do you wonder I wonder..? Cunnin Onion Idea

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Or maybe. . .and I'm hoping this is the case. . . all they care about is acting and each other and they couldn't care less about dating women right now. . .which is a perfect arrangement if you ask me

Let's hope it stays like this!! cheers What do they need girls for? They know each other like the back of their hands and have been living together for years! Girls would just ruin this beautiful bond between brothers Onion Blush Besides, like what that man in the interview said, Japanese girls are getting picky.

That double date turned disaster is a great example. When it comes to twins, never compare them with one another Evil or Very Mad I'm glad they're single now though and married with each other Razz
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:42 am

Ryu Rena wrote:Not just Japanese women who are getting picky..a lot of Eastern women are starting to get picky nowadays, myself included. It's just that..here in the east, women had been discriminated in the past, doing nothing but stay home and not be able to leave the house unless the husband says so. I guess when modernisation come along, the women rise up and want SOMEONE with a high status as they do, y'know..to not tarnish their image and whatnot? I still don't get it, but that's what I see nowadays.

Plus, even if they get married, I don't think they'll even have time for each other. So 'highschool' love is practically getting old news in most eastern countries. Some eastern women have such aggressive nature, a shy and quiet husband just DOESN'T interest them at all.

That sounds really interesting, Rena-chan. I had no idea things were going that way for Eastern women as well. I am now appointing you as my consultant on Southeast Asian women!! Cool

It sounds like in a lot of places, womens roles are changing and (apparently) the men are getting a bit put off by that, it's no wonder that they're losing interest in each other. Lately I've been wondering if I truly want to even get married or not. . .if I could just live with my sister or a friend and be single, I think that would suit me just fine.

It's like, where Asian men are too passive, American men in turn are too aggressive Onion Stress Load Like as far as relationships go, they want everything handed to them upfront, and when they don't get it, they turn into complete and total jerks. . .and I'm sorry but if it's one thing I cannot do it's babysit the oh-so-fragile male ego. . . Mad

*calms down*

And then what kills me is that in America, people put all this emphasis on getting married and finding "the one" only for them to end up getting a divorce a couple of years later. Like you said Rena-chan, they get married then once they've settled in (for whatever reason) things change. . .any romantic feelings or interest a couple has with each other just suddenly disappears. I don't understand the human mind at all. . . No

I guess the more you think about it, guys like Manpei and Shinpei are making the right decision after all Razz I still fear for the future of Japan though. . .

Ryu Rena wrote:
    And Takagi-senpai..what exactly do you wonder I wonder..? Cunnin Onion Idea

Oh Rena-chan my dear. . .you've seen Junjou Romantica haven't you. . .? Twisted Evil

I'm rather amused by the idea of ikemen having little "hush-hush" flings with each other. . .nothing sets my girly bits on fire like some spicy yaoi/boys love goodness!! Gleaming Onion Eyes

Although Man and Shin better not be cheating on each other, because that is just unforgivable. . . Onion Red Card
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:35 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:That sounds really interesting, Rena-chan. I had no idea things were going that way for Eastern women as well. I am now appointing you as my consultant on Southeast Asian women!!

Oh yes..it is. Back then, my mum said how women's been dismissed socially. Once they're married, that's it, their future's just at home, doing chores and entertaining their husbands. Some women were given the opportunity to have small businesses like selling cookies and local foods but other than that.. Evil or Very Mad
    Lol, and thank you for appointing me as your consultant Cool I think there aren't a lot of people here from asia, huh?

Am I the only one who's asian here? Neutral

Mrs.Takagi wrote:And then what kills me is that in America, people put all this emphasis on getting married and finding "the one" only for them to end up getting a divorce a couple of years later. Like you said Rena-chan, they get married then once they've settled in (for whatever reason) things change. . .any romantic feelings or interest a couple has with each other just suddenly disappears. I don't understand the human mind at all. . .

Yeah, everything seems to be so romantic, so perfect when you're dating and once you live under the same roof, things change. It's like, everything isn't right! He snores, she nags, he gambles too much, she shops too much, he does this, she does that, etc etc.. It drives me NUTS!! Mad Can't they find a solution for their troubles instead of driving each other up the wall?

The world has a lot to offer in order to reduce your problems, find it. Geez..the stupidity of some people these days..

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Oh Rena-chan my dear. . .you've seen Junjou Romantica haven't you. . .?

I'm rather amused by the idea of ikemen having little "hush-hush" flings with each other. . .nothing sets my girly bits on fire like some spicy yaoi/boys love goodness!!

Takagi-senpai you are my new love, you know that right?? Gleaming Onion Eyes
    Nothing screams yaoi/boys love like a trip to the onsen where you can be as naked as you possibly want. And seeing how these ikemen go to the onsen regularly...ufufufufufu Twisted Evil What else would they do during their spare time?

They may be ikemen, but they're still guys and having lack of girls... Cunning Onion one would wonder what they'll up to trying to relieve of their... *cough* needs...

Cunnin Onion Idea Cunning Onion Gleaming Onion Eyes
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi again! Wow, this discussion has gone interesting Razz

First, I want to address those pictures that Mai posted from Ichigo: I LOVED THAT GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have squealed a bit and then wanted to reach across the ocean and pinch his cheeks. Thank you for sharing, Mai!

Rena, oh great Scot's girl, I LOVED that picture edit you did of "We're Fabulous". I laughed Laughing It fit to perfectly! And it is so true about them...well, at least for the Twins Wink Also, I do believe that you are currently the only actual Asian on the forum. Well, MangaMistress(Mango as we call her) is going to school in the Philippines but she's actually from Hawaii. Everyone else is from North America and Europe, as far as I know.

Oh, and Rena, now that you pointed out that Shinpei has something on top of him, I can't stop staring at that place either. Bad Rena Evil or Very Mad LOL

The other half of that photo collection features Manpei with...prepare yourselves!...blonde hair still:
    Twins appreciation - Page 8 Tumblr_m7ieyfFqGc1r0hl8do1_1280

Manpeiiiiiiiiiiiii Headesk Sweatdrop
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Thepinkbookworm wrote:

Oh, and Rena, now that you pointed out that Shinpei has something on top of him, I can't stop staring at that place either. Bad Rena Evil or Very Mad LOL

I know right??

I decided to go back and read everyones recent posts to make sure I didn't miss anything. . .and sure enough as soon as I read Rena's comment I went back to look at that picture and started staring at "that place" as well. . .

BAH!! I feel so dirty now!! Onion Anger (Happy, but dirty. . .)

Thepinkbookworm wrote:
    The other half of that photo collection features Manpei with...prepare yourselves!...blonde hair still:
    Twins appreciation - Page 8 Tumblr_m7ieyfFqGc1r0hl8do1_1280

Manpeiiiiiiiiiiiii Headesk Sweatdrop

Apparently Manpei claims that the brown hair dye washed out of his hair already. . .dude, you just dyed your hair brown again like 2 weeks ago. . .what the heck did you do?? Onion Stress Load

Ugh, the curse of being in love with metrosexual Asian men!!! Evil or Very Mad
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:19 pm

So his hair is naturally black, he dyed it brown, then dyed it blonde, dyed it back brown and the blonde still shows through? I am so confused Onion Hypnotised LOL

At least Shinpei sticks with just regular brown and doesn't get too intense with fashion issues (thank goodness). This whole hair drama certainly takes a lot out of a girl Onion Wipes Sweat, h
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Thepinkbookworm wrote:So his hair is naturally black, he dyed it brown, then dyed it blonde, dyed it back brown and the blonde still shows through? I am so confused Onion Hypnotised LOL

At least Shinpei sticks with just regular brown and doesn't get too intense with fashion issues (thank goodness). This whole hair drama certainly takes a lot out of a girl Onion Wipes Sweat, h

You know what's really sad?

I can't even picture the twins with black hair anymore. . .as much as I want to. . . Sad

I think the only other time I liked their hair when it wasn't black was the rusty-brown color they had during "Indigo no Yoru".

They should totally grow their hair long(er) again! cheers

Jeez, I have twice as much hair on my head as they do and I don't go through THIS much drama with it on a monthly basis. . . Rolling Eyes

And on a slightly unrelated note. . .I wonder what the twins are going to do after "Little Alice"!!

Pleeeeeeeease let it be another TV show appearance, maybe even on a variety show. . .but for the love of sweet milk. . .give the musicals a rest for a while!!! Onion Hypnotised
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Pleeeeeeeease let it be another TV show appearance, maybe even on a variety show. . .but for the love of sweet milk. . .give the musicals a rest for a while!!! Onion Hypnotised

Completely agree! I really hope that they will be able to co-star or guest star on some sort of show. But, anything that's in the works would probably be very carefully hidden until the time comes to talk about it. Mad
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Thepinkbookworm wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:Pleeeeeeeease let it be another TV show appearance, maybe even on a variety show. . .but for the love of sweet milk. . .give the musicals a rest for a while!!! Onion Hypnotised

Completely agree! I really hope that they will be able to co-star or guest star on some sort of show. But, anything that's in the works would probably be very carefully hidden until the time comes to talk about it. Mad

That's what kills me with these two. . .here in the States I can find out when a favorite celebrity of mine is appearing like 2-3 weeks in advance, whereas the twins don't (or can't) announce when they're appearing on TV until like 72 hours beforehand. . . . Rolling Eyes

But I really am craving seeing them in some new material. . .I've watched them in about as many re-runs as I can take Shocked It can only hold me for so long!!

Oh that reminds me. . .does Japan have any sitcoms? Like shows they film in front of a live audience? Man and Shin have great comedic timing, I think I'd like to see them be funny on live TV lol

I still say they should give a tour of their apartment!! I wanna see where they sleep!!
    Onion Sleepy Time
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm

I have never seen any Japanese sitcoms. Of course, I tend to stay in the romanctic/manga-based shows anyway. Perhaps they do? Would be interesting to see. I think those two do work off each other well enough that they would be hilarious before a live audience.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Oooooh, lookit!!

Ichigo just posted a translations for Shinpei's blog!

Twins appreciation - Page 8 Beer10

[2012.07.22] Takagi Shinpei

Last Day of Rehearsals!!

Morning!

I’m getting ready to go to the last “Little Alice” rehearsal!!

I’m going to put all my effort in it.

Believe in your self. Believe in your friends.

I’m going to try my best!!

Well well,

I have an announcement this morning!

I’m going to have a talk show with Manpei at the “KITTYROBOT EXHIBITION”.

Date:2012/08/19(Sun)16:00~16:30

Place::Omodesando Hills Main Tower B3F Space O

(4-12-10 Jingumae, Shibuya Ku Tokyo)

Guest:Takagi Manpei / Takagi Shinpei

Admission:Adults 500yen/JHS 300yen ※Free for elementary and under

Official HP:http://kittyrobot.jp/

They let us design a doll so please come and see it

On top of that the day before (the KITTYROBOT event) is the “Shinpei・Manpei Summer Evening Festival”. Even if you can only come to one event please come!

Please come and meet the twins.

Also the deadline for the Sanrio Character Awards is coming to an end soon!

Please support Hello Kitty, her boyfriend Daniel and Kitty’s persian cat Charmy

We need your help!

Please go here to vote!

Onegaishimasu!

Well, I’m going to use all my power in today’s last rehearsal!!!!!!

I’m off!!!

This is a picture of the beer I drank after rehearsals.

It was great.

But beer in the morning. . . (laughs)

No lie, when I first saw that big mug of beer I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, it's barely 12:30 in the afternoon right now in Tokyo. . .is Shinpei seriously drinking a beer this early in the day? Before rehearsals??

. . . .I can't stand the taste of beer. . .yuck. . .. . tongue

I don't quite understand his post though. . .if he just said he's on his way to rehearsals, I don't get how the photo is of a "post-rehearsal" beer. . . Suspect

I wonder if Manpei is with him?

Manpei, please keep an eye on your brother. . .he worries me sometimes. . . Headesk Sweatdrop

Anyway, it sounds like the Twinpei's are doing another event the day after their "Home-baked Cookie Giving" event. My life would be a lot easier if these events were filmed so they could be uploaded online. . .they wouldn't even have to be translated. . . Corner of Woe

Oh well, I think Ichigo-kurimu mentioned that she would be attending either one or both of these events, so I will force myself to wait patiently for her report. Onion Whistle
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Thepinkbookworm wrote:Oh, and Rena, now that you pointed out that Shinpei has something on top of him, I can't stop staring at that place either. Bad Rena Evil or Very Mad LOL
    I know right??

I decided to go back and read everyones recent posts to make sure I didn't miss anything. . .and sure enough as soon as I read Rena's comment I went back to look at that picture and started staring at "that place" as well. . .

BAH!! I feel so dirty now!! Onion Anger (Happy, but dirty. . .)

Oopsie, my mistake for mentioning that Onion Laugh But really, what kind of a person would put something so bright over his crotch?! It just doesn't make any sense, so of course I'd stare at it and wonder what lucky thing that is, able to sit so near there..
    Hormones..guh.. Headesk Sweatdrop

Anyways, lol, that picture edit WAS something I couldn't pass up. They just look like drag queen gone wrong there, it was a golden opportunity for me. Razz If only I could post the picture to Stardust, I'd like to see their reaction Laughing

Mrs.Takagi wrote:I can't even picture the twins with black hair anymore. . .as much as I want to. . .

I just noticed, there isn't a lot of pictures with the twins retaining their black hair in my files, most of them being brown, and in Manpei's case, blonde. My Shinpei file has only one or two pictures of him with his natural hair colour, similar like my Manpei file.

But I think they coloured their hair brown to look young. When their hair's black, they look mature and 'their age', but with brown....not so much.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:No lie, when I first saw that big mug of beer I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, it's barely 12:30 in the afternoon right now in Tokyo. . .is Shinpei seriously drinking a beer this early in the day? Before rehearsals??

. . . .I can't stand the taste of beer. . .yuck. . .. .

It's late afternoon there. For Japan, 5 o'clock is already late evening and that's the time most people would return home from work. So I think being 12 o'clock there's like 1 o'clock for us. scratch
    I can't stand beer either..and cigar smoke. Makes me want to just close my nose and not breathe until there's clean air, and I don't care if I die there.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:37 am

Great, now it's going to take me all night to get the image of "Shinpei crotch" out of my head. . .and just as I'm getting ready for bed too!! Onion Icy Breeze

Rena-chan, if you're lacking photos of black-haired Twinpei's, let me know because I have a decent collection myself. It sucks that it's mostly pre-2009 photos. . .and you're right, I think they also dyed their hair brown to look younger. They look young to begin with but dyeing their hair lighter definitely adds onto that lol

I can deal with dark brown and even dirty brown hair on the twins but blonde. . .it's just a bit unnatural. . .not to mention the chemicals in that bleach can damage their hair, right?

The only thing worse that bleach-blonde haired Twinpei's is balding Twinpei's!! Onion Sweat

As for the whole drinking beer thing. . .I have a couple of friends who have studied in Japan in the past, and they say Japanese people LOVE to drink. . .lol Man and Shin appear to be just social drinkers though, which is good.

Beer is absolutely horrible, I don't know which is worse. . .the smell or the taste. I was with a buddy a few months ago and she was drinking beer and asked if I wanted a sip. Stupid me tried less than a mouthful of the stuff and I had to eat a bag full of chocolate candy just to get the taste out of my mouth Onion T_T I seriously don't know how people can get hooked on that stuff.

Personally, alcohol in general tastes bad to me. Whenever I go to parties or little get togethers at my school, I always just stick with (soda) pop or juice. Cigar and cigarette smoke is bad too, I'm lucky that no one in my family smokes. . .with my allergies I'd have to live in a bubble O_o

I heard that smoking is popular with Japanese people as well. . .

If I ever find out that the twins have taken up smoking (either now or in the future) I will personally fly to Tokyo just to beat them up Onion To Kill

Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:57 am

Twins appreciation - Page 8 Beer110

(I could be totally wrong here, but that doesn't look like the inside of the bathroom at their apartment. . . Suspect )

[2012.07.22] Takagi Manpei

Rehearsal & Annoucement

Hello ☆

Thank you very much for all your comments!!

I really appreciate them.

Thank you!!!

It has finally come to the last day of rehearsals.

How quick!!

But there is so much contents and we practice attentively.

Of course there is a sense of tension,

but we are always laughing.

I learn so much from the rehearsals. It’s so stimulating.

If you can gain something from Alice I would be very happy

I’m off to rehearsals and I will concentrate hard.

Please enjoy Sunday to the fullest

I have an announcement!

●「KITTYROBOT EXHIBITION」Talk Show

Place::Omodesando Hills Main Tower B3F Space O

(4-12-10 Jingumae, Shibuya Ku Tokyo)

Guest:Takagi Manpei / Takagi Shinpei

Admission:Adults 500yen/JHS 300yen ※Free for elementary and under

Official HP:http://kittyrobot.jp/

They let us design again and this time it is a robot

It’s the day after the Sanrio Puroland “Shinpei・Manpei Summer Evening Festival” so if you can come to only this one or go to both please come!!

And, one more!!

The deadline for the Sanrio Character Awards voting that I mentioned before on my blog is coming to an end

I would like you to support Hello Kitty, her boyfriend Daniel, her pet cat Charmy

Please vote!!

Please go here to vote!

Cherish everything!!

Cherish every minute every second!!

Let’s enjoy now together

LOL Okay so. . .they pretty much told the exact same information in their blogs, but just said it in their own words. . .lol I wonder if they do that on purpose. . .
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:40 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Rena-chan, if you're lacking photos of black-haired Twinpei's, let me know because I have a decent collection myself. It sucks that it's mostly pre-2009 photos. . .and you're right, I think they also dyed their hair brown to look younger. They look young to begin with but dyeing their hair lighter definitely adds onto that lol

I can deal with dark brown and even dirty brown hair on the twins but blonde. . .it's just a bit unnatural. . .not to mention the chemicals in that bleach can damage their hair, right?

It's alright, I don't mind not having their pictures when they're still black-haired boys. Truth be told, their brown, youthful hair isn't that bad either. At least they still can play around and goof off and lift everyone's spirit instead of being their age and slow down until being so..plain. Seeing how they're nearly hitting 30, being young is a must! At least...that's what I think/feel. tongue

And I agree with the chemicals making the hair bleached. See what happened to Man-chan's hair? The blonde's still there, but I doubt it's the blonde, I think it's bleached.

Scientifically speaking, black hair has a lot of melanin which made the hair dark, in order to reduce the darkness to color it blonde, they'd have to use chemicals to bleach it down and put the color on. So when Manpei wants to color his hair back to brown, they'd have to -once again- bleach his hair out of the blonde and dye it brown. But since there isn't enough melanin, the bleach color kind of shows the 'blonde' color, but it isn't the blonde coloring, it's his hair, it just turned pale from all those bleaching. study

I hope you senpais can understand this.. silent

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Beer is absolutely horrible, I don't know which is worse. . .the smell or the taste. I was with a buddy a few months ago and she was drinking beer and asked if I wanted a sip. Stupid me tried less than a mouthful of the stuff and I had to eat a bag full of chocolate candy just to get the taste out of my mouth

I've smelt beer and GOODNESS it was horrible. I never ever will taste beer in my life, given the fact I'm Muslim and all(and this is the month of fasting so I'm gonna make sure I loose a few pounds Twisted Evil ).. *shrugs* but I agree, wonder why people love that thing anyway? Even in my country, a lot of people drink beer like iced tea. Doesn't beer ruin your liver and spleen or something??

But yeah, I'm glad the twins drink occasionally and DOES NOT SMOKE. I'd whack them if they ever decide to smoke too Evil or Very Mad

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

(I could be totally wrong here, but that doesn't look like the inside of the bathroom at their apartment. . . Suspect )

Yeah... Suspect what kind of bathroom has an air conditioning system in it?? It looks like a hallway to go to another room. I think the door next to it is the bathroom door, but we may never know.. Rolling Eyes

But really Manpei...why...? Why must you post THIS picture and not a picture of you and Shinpei?! I'm depriving of your incestuous love here!!!
    Onion T_T
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Ryu Rena wrote:

It's alright, I don't mind not having their pictures when they're still black-haired boys. Truth be told, their brown, youthful hair isn't that bad either. At least they still can play around and goof off and lift everyone's spirit instead of being their age and slow down until being so..plain. Seeing how they're nearly hitting 30, being young is a must! At least...that's what I think/feel. tongue

Man. . . .everytime I think about how the twins will be 30 in about 3 years, I cringe. . . Onion Icy Breeze

Wow, can you imagine what they'll be like at 30? I mean I have a hard time just getting used to them being 26. . .I wonder how they'll look when they're 30 too. Still handsome as ever, most likely Very Happy But I wonder if they'll look more manly and not as boyish as they do now. . .

I can't wait to see what type of roles they'll be doing in 3 years as well. .. .oh the anticipation is killing me!!! affraid

Ryu Rena wrote:
    Scientifically speaking, black hair has a lot of melanin which made the hair dark, in order to reduce the darkness to color it blonde, they'd have to use chemicals to bleach it down and put the color on. So when Manpei wants to color his hair back to brown, they'd have to -once again- bleach his hair out of the blonde and dye it brown. But since there isn't enough melanin, the bleach color kind of shows the 'blonde' color, but it isn't the blonde coloring, it's his hair, it just turned pale from all those bleaching. study

I hope you senpais can understand this.. silent

Of course I understood it, Rena-chan! (After I re-read the entire paragraph like 4 more times. . . Onion Study )
    I've never dyed my hair before, so I have no idea of all the science behind it, although I guess that's not really an excuse. . .VERY few people of my ethnicity can pull off colored hair. . .and even then it usually looks bad. . . Mad

Oh Rena-chan, are you fasting for Ramadan?? Surprised My BFF is also Muslim and she was soooo exicted that her birthday fell on the first day of Ramadan lol Last year I even fasted for a week with her and some of my other buddies for "Muslim Appreciation Week" at my university and wore a headscarf for the whole week too. . .good times Cool

Ryu Rena wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:

Yeah... Suspect what kind of bathroom has an air conditioning system in it?? It looks like a hallway to go to another room. I think the door next to it is the bathroom door, but we may never know.. Rolling Eyes

But really Manpei...why...? Why must you post THIS picture and not a picture of you and Shinpei?! I'm depriving of your incestuous love here!!!
    Onion T_T

Maybe it's the bathroom inside of wherever they have their rehearsals? I see there are some papers taped to the door. . .but yeah, I have a general idea of what the twins' bathroom at their home looks like (how said is that??), and this ain't it LOL

Manpei's mentioned a few times that he's obsessed with brushing his teeth. . .something I think we all can appreciate LOL

I don't get why they haven't posted any cute pictures of themselves together either. . . Evil or Very Mad Everytime they post a picture from rehearsals there's like 8 other people in the shot. . .what gives??

I can't wait to hear about the "Little Alice" play from Ichigo-kurimu though! Man-chan as "Alice" and Shin-chan as the "Mad Hatter", sounds like fun to me!! cheers

I've been asking myself this ever since I watched the first Little Alice play but. . .I always wondered why "Little Alice" is portrayed by an adult male in the play. . . Onion Laugh
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:36 pm

I like Manpei's random picture while brushing his teeth. Laughing Just sort of like, yeah, hi.

I also can't stand to drink beer. My parents drink sometimes, but I have never been able to handle more than a sip. And smoking...thankfully my parents hate it and mom in particular(whose parents smoked) can't even handle it, kind of like allergies. I just can't stand the smell that the smoke does to everything in a home pale But the Twins take care of themselves, so that's good.

When you mentioned, Mrs. Takagi, what the Twins will be doing when their 30, that makes me wonder what their goals are in acting? Some people aim to win big awards in either film or theater, or just become big time stars in general. I wonder what the Twins are aiming for? Because of all the plays they do, I wonder if they want to pursue more theater-related stuff instead of films. Because if they wanted to focus more on becoming film/tv stars, I would think they would be pursuing them like crazy.

Makes me wonder... scratch

Of course, if theater is going to be their main pursuit, then we foreign fans are so screwed T_T
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Thepinkbookworm wrote:I like Manpei's random picture while brushing his teeth. Laughing Just sort of like, yeah, hi.

LOL I know. . .isn't it cute?

I like their pictures where you can tell they just whipped out their camera phone at the last minute like "Hey, this is a good time for a spontaneous photo op!!" Manpei's photos of himself first thing in the morning ar still my favorites though Very Happy

Thepinkbookworm wrote:When you mentioned, Mrs. Takagi, what the Twins will be doing when their 30, that makes me wonder what their goals are in acting? Some people aim to win big awards in either film or theater, or just become big time stars in general. I wonder what the Twins are aiming for? Because of all the plays they do, I wonder if they want to pursue more theater-related stuff instead of films. Because if they wanted to focus more on becoming film/tv stars, I would think they would be pursuing them like crazy.

Makes me wonder... scratch

That's a good point Bookworm. . .I wonder what long-term goals they have as far as acting goes. They're always talking about how they really love it and work so hard to get better and better and they're so optimistic about learning new things but. . .I also wonder if they just plan on playing it safe where they are, or if they want to make it big doing things that appeal to a larger audience and not just "ikemen fangirls".

I think it may also depend on who else is watching them. . .like when they accept a job for a play, tv show, etc. . .do they audition for the role, or does the director, producer or whoever already have it made up that they want one or both the twins for a specific role?

I'm sure one break-through role is all it would take for the Twinpei's to make it big!! cheers

Thepinkbookworm wrote:Of course, if theater is going to be their main pursuit, then we foreign fans are so screwed T_T

We would be screwed in EVERY sense of the word. . .in fact, I think that's the worse thing that could possibly happen. . . if the Twinpei's settle on doing mostly musicals and plays from now on, I may as well crawl into my closet and start cryin' now. . . Rain on My Parade

But honestly, I really think they have what it takes to be bigger and better. They aren't just so-so actors with pretty faces (like I see a lot of in Asian media). They've proven that they don't have to play to same types of roles over and over again, and they've proven that they can work just as well apart as they do together.

I think with time and continuing the hard-work that they're already doing. . .I definitely think Manpei and Shinpei Takagi have the potential to make it big as mainstream actors Gleaming Onion Eyes

Just as long as they don't forget about their fans along the way. . . . Corner of Woe
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Hello everyone! XD

I'm FINALLY watching that play that Mrs. Takagi gave the link to.

I can't stop laughing!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD I've only watched the first 20 mins so far and I have a meeting in 40 mins so I have to leave soon but I'm definitely going to keep watching this! XDDDDDDDDDD

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD for those of you who have watched it, the guy who is with Shinpei, the main character, was the one who played Mad Hatter in the previous Little Alice musical~ ;D And he was also in tenimyu with Shinpei. Smile

Anyways, I'll be back later tonight to tell you what I thought of this play. Smile Bye bye~

*EDIT*
    Forgot to say that Shinpei and Genki use their real names here. XDDDDDDDD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:13 am

setolove wrote:Hello everyone! XD

I'm FINALLY watching that play that Mrs. Takagi gave the link to.

I can't stop laughing!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDD I've only watched the first 20 mins so far and I have a meeting in 40 mins so I have to leave soon but I'm definitely going to keep watching this! XDDDDDDDDDD

ANDDDDDDDDDDDD for those of you who have watched it, the guy who is with Shinpei, the main character, was the one who played Mad Hatter in the previous Little Alice musical~ ;D And he was also in tenimyu with Shinpei. Smile

Anyways, I'll be back later tonight to tell you what I thought of this play. Smile Bye bye~

Glad to hear that you like it so far, Seto-chan! Yeah, the beginning was pretty funny to me as well. . .it's once you get past the 45 minute mark that it started to get a little iffy to me. . .

I didn't realize that the other male lead was the Mad Hatter in the first "Little Alice" play.

And now Shinpei is playing the Mad Hatter. . .irony much? Razz

setolove wrote:
    *EDIT*
    Forgot to say that Shinpei and Genki use their real names here. XDDDDDDDD

Ha! So I was right!!

I caught that one scene where the woman (at least I think it was a woman. . .)asked Shinpei who he was and he replied, "Takagi Shinpei!"

So they played themselves. . .? Interesting. . .

I can't wait to hear the rest of your review Seto-chan, and if you can pick up anything about the plot or the characters please let us know because I've watched this thing like 3 times already and I'm still lost No

All I've been able to figure out is that Shinpei is cute Onion Love Eyes
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Just as long as they don't forget about their fans along the way. . . . Corner of Woe

Very true. I hope they keep up the fan service for us Princesses. I think I heard that Yusuke(the guy who played Tamaki) used to be pretty good about updating his blog, posting random pictures, etc. But now he does not do that anymore. Fame makes people too busy sometimes to just do funny little things like the Twins do. But I also want to see them in more stuff!

Dang, sometimes being a fangirl is so stressful Onion Stress Load
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 pm

Ryu Rena wrote:But really, what kind of a person would put something so bright over his crotch?! It just doesn't make any sense, so of course I'd stare at it and wonder what lucky thing that is, able to sit so near there..

Isn't it like ... cords from his pants or something like that? Looks kinda funny, though. And yeah, I admit that I stared at it, too ... We are so full of sin xD'

And as for the beer-thing ... It may be a cliche, but it's pretty normal to drink beer here in Germany. Even I do sometimes. It doesn't taste too bad! But I don't drink that normal "white-beer", I prefer the dark one called "Alt" ... that means "old" and I have no clue why. It's a little more bitter, but also tastes more like malt. It's tastier I think ^-^

But I don't smoke. EW! That's really gross. It stinks and it's unhealthy. I used to hide my mother's cigarettes back then. But she stopped! I'll go with you, Takagi-Senpai, if one of the twins ever decide to THINK about smoking! I won't let them do that òO

And don't say such spooky things like that. I'll be happy, if they are. But it's also bad for us, if they decide to focus on stageplays. And I'll be happy for them, if they get more attention and more popular. But if that means that they won't longer update their blogs almost every day ... Corner of Woe

Yeah, to be a fangirl is very hard, sometimes ...

I knew that Yusuke used to update his blog very often. He got very popular these days, right? I think, they aim for that, too, and I couldn't blame them, if that's their goals. But it would be kinda sad, too.

Gnaaaaah. Nevermind, look what I found on Ichigo's! Very Happy It's so cute!

Twins appreciation - Page 8 35l7m82

I don't know, which show this is or what they did that the twins would look like that. But it's funny and cute, though. I thought at first that the left twin was Manpei! But it's Shinpei. Don't know why. They look quite alike in there, I guess!
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Minzgruen wrote:

Twins appreciation - Page 8 35l7m82

I don't know, which show this is or what they did that the twins would look like that. But it's funny and cute, though. I thought at first that the left twin was Manpei! But it's Shinpei. Don't know why. They look quite alike in there, I guess!

Oh, this is from that stint they did back in March (I cannot remember the name of the show but it was the words "Nee-san" in the title). It's from when they helped that female hoarder clean up her extremely disgusting messy apartment. . .did you not watch it yet, Mai-chan?

I liked the beginning when they first walked into the womans apartment. . .DAMN I wish someone would translate the dialouge!!
    But as they were going through her kitchen they found dishes that had been in the sink for months, and something that was so moldy they couldn't even tell what it was anymore pale

I think the gif that Ichigo posted was from when they were taking a peek at the womans bathroom. . .their expressions were quite appropriate actually. . .for neat-cleaning freaks like the Twinpei's, I'm sure that HAD to be an unpleasant experience. . . Shocked

They did dress similar at that time. I remember watching that for the first time and just thinking about how handsome they looked Onion Love Eyes Their hair was still dark brown and they were wearing these cool jackets and their fashionable earrings and stuff. . .and they smiled a lot too!!! Onion XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:45 pm