Twins appreciation

jade
    Takagicest

Twins appreciation

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:00 pm

I thought since 35 out of 46 voters in the "Twincest: yay or nay?" poll said "Are you kidding???!! I LOVE IT!! *fangirl screaming and fainting*", that we could use a TWINS appreciations thread (^-^) So please use this place to fangirl over our lovely boys~! (both Hikaru & Kaoru and Shinpei & Manpei)

To start off... Manpei's newest blog entry below!!

Hello☆

There were a lot of comments, so thank you!

I carefully read them.
    Thanks p(^^)q

Ouran High School Host Club

Episode 3.

It seems everyone was looking forward to it, so I'm happy☆

The summer party was really extravagant, wasn't it!?

The set sparkled exactly like the Ouran world should.
    Just entering the set made it feel like another world.

The Hikaru & Kaoru combo was ok, right?
    I played Hikaru with confidence:

Kaoru's gentleness, his feelings, his love for the host club...
    So that everyone watching can feel those same feelings, I'll do my best!!

And also,

now I'm rethinking the things that I can do, and I'll take a "step up" from here.

I'll give it my all!!!!

Today I'm off work☆

I went to the gym, stretched, lifted weights, and now my mind and body are refreshed (●^ー^●)

I have to polish myself up more and more!

Since I have to get up early, I'll sleep well.

Good night.

I'll take on tomorrow with a *Smile* as well☆彡
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:52 pm

I Love Them Too Much~! They really are a perfect pair, especially playing Hikaru and Kaoru, they have that teasing mischievous personality that fits into their characters amazingly...Plus their Forbidden Love act is spot on~!

Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm

yanie I could KISS you for making up this thread!!! I love you

Thank you SOOO much for translating Manpei's blog too. I have an app that translates Japanese text on my laptop, but for some reason the sentences never end up being grammatically correct once translated, and it ends up not making any sense whatsoever. . confused

Nothing would make me happier than to help spread the love and support of the Hitachiin's/Takagi's.

And now as my own little contribution, I'd like to post up a music video that I have been watching at least 5 times a day for the past two weeks.
    (I originally put this post in the 'Off Topic' section, but since it involves the twins, I guess I can put it here too).

The song is called "Kokoro~Dear My Friends", which is the ending theme from the drama 'Indigo no Yoru' or Indigo Nights (which is the drama the twins were in before they signed on to do OHSHC).
    It's sung by the quartet Indigo4, which includes 2 other actors from the drama, and of course Manpei and Shinpei Surprised

The song/video is really amazing (and in my opinion, it sounds almost too good to be something that was released in 2010).
    And the twins are SOOOOO cute in this video!! :3 Nodding They're actually pretty good singers/dancers. And their clothes are OH-SO cool. Cool

Check it out, I think you all may like it too
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:yanie I could KISS you for making up this thread!!! I love you
    No, no! It was jade who started this thread and translated Manpei's blog entry XD

jade, I also wanted to translate that entry, coz I think it's adorable. "Hikaru & Kaoru combination, daijoubu kana?" he said. It's adorable that he's worried of what the fans thinks of their version of Hitachiin. Uwaaa.... we really shld spam his blog and tell him that we all LOVE their portrayal as the Hitachiin Twin, ne!!^o^
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:04 pm

yanie wrote:jade, I also wanted to translate that entry, coz I think it's adorable. "Hikaru & Kaoru combination, daijoubu kana?" he said. It's adorable that he's worried of what the fans thinks of their version of Hitachiin. Uwaaa.... we really shld spam his blog and tell him that we all LOVE their portrayal as the Hitachiin Twin, ne!!^o^

I know!! =^-^= He's really cute... and they both say that they always read all of the comments their fans write very carefully. They're so down-to-earth and polite and caring <3

Asking about their Hitachiin combo was adorable, but when he said 今自分に出来る事を考えなおして、もっとステップアップしていきます。頑張るぞー!!!! (Now I'm rethinking the things that I can do, and I'll take a "step up" from here. I'll give it my all!!!!)... it makes me think, what is he referring to?

Recently, Manpei and Shinpei keep saying that now they're really used to flirting with each other XDD They know that the girls (and they said in an interview that even the other actors!) are really interested in the Hitachiin relationship. So do you think he's going to give the Hitachiin love a "step up"??

Twisted Evil I really hope so! XD Twisted Evil
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 pm

"now I'm rethinking the things that I can do, and I'll take a "step up" from here." -- Even though probably he didn't mean it that way, my fangirl mind went all like "Oh please Manpei step up in any way you want!"

Also, he really gets Kaoru and respects his character, which makes me love him even more <3

jade, thank you so much yet again! <3<3<3 and sorry it's taking me so long to answer your MP - I've been writing it all day xD

Plus I'm posting on this thread so all of us can fangirl over my avatar Big Laugh

EDIT: we posted at the same time and YES I thought about stepping the hitachiincest up and I was like HSKRJOSNFGHELLAOADÇ~F~PLEASE
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Same here. If he's up for a little Hitachiin relationship overhaul, I AM TOO. Step it up, boys. MAKE IT BETTER THAN THAT SEXY AVATAR UP THERE. Twisted Evil
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 pm

ManpeiFanservice wrote:"now I'm rethinking the things that I can do, and I'll take a "step up" from here." -- Even though probably he didn't mean it that way, my fangirl mind went all like "Oh please Manpei step up in any way you want!"

Also, he really gets Kaoru and respects his character, which makes me love him even more <3

jade, thank you so much yet again! <3<3<3 and sorry it's taking me so long to answer your MP - I've been writing it all day xD

Plus I'm posting on this thread so all of us can fangirl over my avatar Big Laugh

EDIT: we posted at the same time and YES I thought about stepping the hitachiincest up and I was like HSKRJOSNFGHELLAOADÇ~F~PLEASE

We think the same thoughts... I already love you so much :<3: LOL XDD

Yeah, I totally fangirl over your avatar every time you post!

BTW, don't worry about the message! You don't have to stress over perfect English if you don't want to (^-^)

Anyway, I bring another treat for you guys!! This is the interview with the Takagi twins from the September 2011 issue of De-View magazine:

~*~*~*~

Like the original work, it seems like the tension is growing in the scenes!

SHINPEI Yeah, it is. When we’re only doing scenes where we screw around, we get confused and stuff, like “how do we do this again?” when it’s finally time for a serious scene (laugh)

MANPEI Yeah, after we only do “Tamaki is an idiot, and then we blow him off” scenes (laugh)

In relation to the twins, tons of wild ideas have also exploded (laugh) What’s the reality?

MANPEI We’re not Hikaru and Kaoru, but we also had that time where we wouldn’t involve ourselves with others and only hung out with each other. That was especially true when we were kids, but since we entered the entertainment industry through the perk of being twins, we were able to involve ourselves with others. That’s probably also a lot like Hikaru and Kaoru. Now, I can think “I’m glad we’re twins”.

SHINPEI There was a time when Manpei was doing the “Prince of Tennis” musical and I came to hang out with him backstage spontaneously. Everyone was saying “I want to meet Manpei” and when I showed up, I saw that even though it was his first meeting with them, he fit into the role like he’d always been doing it (laugh).

Well, the other thing that’s on everyone’s mind is the BL (boy’s love) scenes. I couldn’t believe they would really do it in the drama! (laugh)

SHINPEI Us, too! We were like, “We’re gonna do it!?”

MANPEI And when the rehearsal schedule came out, we were like “Ah, this!?” (laugh)

SHINPEI It was only the rehearsal, but we felt a sense of accomplishment like we’d finished recording it

MANPEI To have to get your face and bodies that close to each other, as brothers and in front of about 20 women who are intensely watching, is a bit... well...

SHINPEI I always think this during the scenes: the number one reason everyone’s so anxious is us! (laugh) You just can’t even compare it to things like Mori-senpai giving Honey-senpai piggy back rides or when Tamaki makes the girls swoon. So we have a lot of different responsibilities on our shoulders! (laugh)

MANPEI Yeah. And even though I don’t want to do it over and over, and I think we can do it in one shot, (he points at Shinpei) this guy always messes up his lines! And when we’re arguing between ourselves about “Don’t mess up your lines!” the staff starts laughing and says “Ah, you guys really don’t want to do this, huh?” and they laugh.

SHINPEI But you know, we’ve pretty much gotten used to it. (Shinpei pushes his face close to Manpei’s) Even though we’re acting from this distance, we’ve gotten used to it. Ah, but it’s just really thorough acting! Please don’t get the wrong idea! (laugh)

MANPEI Well also, the director really never cuts away, either. We stick ourselves so close to each other like this, and then the cameras just keep on rolling. It’s like “What are you waiting for!? Do you want us to kiss!?” (laugh) And then there’s Daito and the others who absolutely love Hikaru & Kaoru’s relationship. But we're the ones who are really shy.

SHINPEI For example, I absolutely hate having to bully people (laugh)

Well then, lastly, please give a message to the readers of “De-View”!

SHINPEI We also debuted because of “De-View”, and we would buy the same issue 3 times and stuff.

MANPEI Making mistakes on your resume is really horrible they say. It’s the first and only appeal to them you have, so we very carefully went letter by letter as we wrote down our thoughts. And then after we sent it, we called the office quite a few times and said “It’s the twins that applied. Have the results come out yet?” It was probably extremely irritating for them, huh? Like, “It’s those twins again!” (laugh)

SHINPEI Without ever actually saying it, our parents also gave us the impression that “hey, you should wait awhile”. But we felt like we were in a corner and said, “There’s no other way!”

MANPEI Yep. So everyone, aim to debut and please do your best!

~*~*~*~

...they are adorable. And when I read the "What are you waiting for!? Do you want us to kiss!?" part, I just cracked up laughing and thought "YES, OF COURSE WE ARE!!" lol And I couldn't help but fangirl when he said that the other actors are basically Hitachiin fanboys AHAHAHA <3 Twisted Evil

I hope you enjoyed the interview~! I have another one I'll start translating now XD
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:09 pm

jade wrote:And then there’s Daito and the others who absolutely love Hikaru & Kaoru’s relationship.

DAITO.

I DIED.
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Waaa... thank you so much, jade! More, more!! Twisted Evil

jade wrote:MANPEI Well also, the director really never cuts away, either. We stick ourselves so close to each other like this, and then the cameras just keep on rolling. It’s like “What are you waiting for!? Do you want us to kiss!?” (laugh)
    MWAHAHAHA!!! I almost cracked reading this one too! And I'm sitting right in front of my boss now, yabai! lol. Seem like the directors and cameramans are fanboys of them too, lol.

The JCOM interview host is a middle-aged man, y'know! And yet he said he likes the twin's forbidden love the most, too! That was really unexpected, haha.
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:29 pm

[To jade, I apologize for my earlier mistake of not rightfully giving you the credit for starting this thread and posting the Japanese to English translations: Gomen-nasai :3 Nodding

As for the interview. . .these two never cease to make my heart beat like a tom-tom drum. . . :<3: I love hearing about their thoughts/reactions to having to film their 'brotherly love' scenes together. It sounds like there's some awkwardness here and there, but they've gotten used to it; and what's better is they sound like they're really dedicated to their roles.

I couldn't help but notice that when it comes to real life PDA between the twins. . .Shinpei is always the one to "make the first move". LOL They really seem to fanboy each other as well (So sweet!!) Hug

I had to laugh to at the part when Manpei said “What are you waiting for!? Do you want us to kiss!?” I can just imagine: the twins get about as close to each other as they possibly can, waiting for the director to yell "Cut!" but the cameras just keep on rolling. . . Laughing (Haha, maybe the director is doing that on purpose to see just how far the twins will go. . .?)

Only time will tell Twisted Evil

jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 pm

yanie wrote:The JCOM interview host is a middle-aged man, y'know! And yet he said he likes the twin's forbidden love the most, too! That was really unexpected, haha.

It is! Haha... I wonder why twincest is everyone's favorite taboo? You'd expect everyone to think "eww, gross, no" but instead... both men and women from all ages are intrigued by their twin love XD

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:[To jade, I apologize for my earlier mistake of not rightfully giving you the credit for starting this thread and posting the Japanese to English translations: Gomen-nasai :3 Nodding

I couldn't help but notice that when it comes to real life PDA between the twins. . .Shinpei is always the one to "make the first move". LOL They really seem to fanboy each other as well (So sweet!!) Hug

I had to laugh to at the part when Manpei said “What are you waiting for!? Do you want us to kiss!?” I can just imagine: the twins get about as close to each other as they possibly can, waiting for the director to yell "Cut!" but the cameras just keep on rolling. . . Laughing (Haha, maybe the director is doing that on purpose to see just how far the twins will go. . .?)

(It's ok about the credit~ haha =^.^= )

But...oooh, we can only hope that the director and staff are pushing them to see how far they'll go! If Manpei really does mean to "step up" his Hitachiin love, this could get REALLY interesting Twisted Evil

And I noticed that about Shinpei, too!! In all the interviews and videos, he always touches Manpei first. Then Manpei looks at his brother and obviously thinks "Oh, yeah, that's cool" and wraps his arms around Shinpei~ lol. But they do fanboy each other... they only have compliments for each other, and I think that's why they're SO CUTE. It's obvious how much they really love and care for each other.

The more I pay attention to them, the more I realize that they spend VERY LITTLE time apart. Not only do they work together, but they live together... even though they probably have enough money to live apart. They seem (from the pictures) to even sleep in the same room! They cook for each other, take care of each other when they're sick... it's never-ending togetherness. I think they're really like Hikaru & Kaoru. They're much more social now, like Hikaru & Kaoru when they joined the host club... but they still seem to have that "our world, their world" mindset when they aren't socializing with other people... they just want to spend all their time with each other.

This morning Manpei posted something else~ They were taking the train together at about 7am and he was taking pictures of Shinpei without Shinpei realizing it, and posting them on Facebook LMAO XD Basically, these two are the epitome of ADORABLE Big Laugh
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    jade wrote:And then there’s Daito and the others who absolutely love Hikaru & Kaoru’s relationship.

DAITO.

I DIED.

THAT WAS THE FIRST THING THAT STUCK OUT TO ME TOO LOL.

Kyouya is a twincest fan.

#1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm

jade wrote:

The more I pay attention to them, the more I realize that they spend VERY LITTLE time apart. Not only do they work together, but they live together... even though they probably have enough money to live apart. They seem (from the pictures) to even sleep in the same room! They cook for each other, take care of each other when they're sick... it's never-ending togetherness. I think they're really like Hikaru & Kaoru. They're much more social now, like Hikaru & Kaoru when they joined the host club... but they still seem to have that "our world, their world" mindset when they aren't socializing with other people... they just want to spend all their time with each other.

I was just thinking about that myself a few days ago: Why did Man-chan and Shin-chan choose to live together instead of apart (like with friends maybe)?

I'm sure when they first moved to Tokyo, it was probably the most conveinent thing to do at the time (living in the same apartment). But now that it's been a few years and they've both gotten their careers off the ground and seem to be doing very well, it still seems like they would rather live together than to be apart. . .

It's true that they don't seem to spend a lot of time apart; even a couple of years ago when they were doing seperate projects for a while, they still seemed content on getting together whenever they could. Very Happy

Just last night I had this crazy dream/wish: that Manpei and Shinpei never got married and never moved away from each other. . .they just spent the rest of their lives living together and being each others "life-mate" Razz (That's probably not gonna happen but hey, it's still an interesting concept,right?)

Now what I DIDN'T know is that they share the same room. . .(do they really?) I know that they sometimes post little shots of the interior of their apartment, and they've taken pictures of themselves laying in bed, I don't recall them ever mentioning sharing a bedroom (although that wouldn't surprise me in the least lol)

I'm actually kind of jealous of these two. . .I kind of have my own "twin" and even though our relationship is similar to the Takagi's (the random PDA's especially) lately it's been getting. . .complicated. [It kind of sucks when your 1st/oldest partner in crime decides that she doesn't want to be your partner in crime anymore. . . Sad )

A heterosexual bromance like theirs is something really rare and special (at least it is to me). I can't imagine what that must be like, to have someone who's always been by your side before you even took your first breath of life. . .

And Manpei, Shinpei, if you guys feel the urge to flirt with each other (whether in front of a camera crew or in private), dammit you just keep right on doing it and don't pay any attention to anything else! cheers

*Shinpei, you tease. . ..* Big Laugh

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am

jade wrote:
    yanie wrote:The JCOM interview host is a middle-aged man, y'know! And yet he said he likes the twin's forbidden love the most, too! That was really unexpected, haha.

It is! Haha... I wonder why twincest is everyone's favorite taboo? You'd expect everyone to think "eww, gross, no" but instead... both men and women from all ages are intrigued by their twin love XD

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:[To jade, I apologize for my earlier mistake of not rightfully giving you the credit for starting this thread and posting the Japanese to English translations: Gomen-nasai :3 Nodding

(It's ok about the credit~ haha =^.^= )

But...oooh, we can only hope that the director and staff are pushing them to see how far they'll go! If Manpei really does mean to "step up" his Hitachiin love, this could get REALLY interesting Twisted Evil

And I noticed that about Shinpei, too!! In all the interviews and videos, he always touches Manpei first. Then Manpei looks at his brother and obviously thinks "Oh, yeah, that's cool" and wraps his arms around Shinpei~ lol. But they do fanboy each other... they only have compliments for each other, and I think that's why they're SO CUTE. It's obvious how much they really love and care for each other.

This morning Manpei posted something else~ They were taking the train together at about 7am and he was taking pictures of Shinpei without Shinpei realizing it, and posting them on Facebook LMAO XD Basically, these two are the epitome of ADORABLE Big Laugh

I can't even START to explain HOW MUCH I'm fangirling over them right now. They're just... so.... perfectly.... adorable.... i just can't....

seriously, I'm speechless. They kind of make me want to squeal and cry at the same time. Is that normal?

obviously I took a look at their facebook, looking for the train picture <3

Honestly, they're dreamy.

I can only imagine what it feels like to be that close to a sibling (my sister and I don't get along very well) and, exactly like Mrs.ManpeiTakagi said, the thought of these two being so close and loving each other that much added to the fact that they've been together even before they've been born... I can't quite explain why, but it is very emotional for me <3 I feel deeply touched.

They are wonderful beings and I wish them the best always <3 gods bless Shinpei and Manpei <3<3<3

jade, you're a life savior and I love you! Please always shine blessed Takagi light onto our days! <3 Every time I look at Manpei's blog I wish I knew japanese.

EDIT: PLUS DAITO LIKES TWINCEST! omg.
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 am

[quote="ManpeiFanserviceI can't even START to explain HOW MUCH I'm fangirling over them right now. They're just... so.... perfectly.... adorable.... i just can't....

seriously, I'm speechless. They kind of make me want to squeal and cry at the same time. Is that normal?

I can only imagine what it feels like to be that close to a sibling (my sister and I don't get along very well) and, exactly like Mrs.ManpeiTakagi said, the thought of these two being so close and loving each other that much added to the fact that they've been together even before they've been born... I can't quite explain why, but it is very emotional for me <3 I feel deeply touched.

They are wonderful beings and I wish them the best always <3 gods bless Shinpei and Manpei <3<3<3

quote]

I totally agree, their relationship with each other kinda brings me to tears T_T

They've got each other for life, no matter what, and I think they both realized that a long time ago.

Come to think of it, I don't think either one of them has ever mentioned fighting/arguing with one another (maybe they do but they just don't talk about it, or perhaps it doesn't happen that often. . .?)

And they both seem to have this innocent-carefree personality. They have very boyish personalities considering they're in their mid-20's. . .
    I've read blogs they posted where they describe objects as being "cute". . .(how many grown men do YOU know who do that??)

Which brings me to another thought. . .did anyone else think they were teenagers when they first saw them. . .? Neutral LOL I remember thinking "Oh, those kids are pretty cute. . ." and then once I looked up their birthyear I was like. . .

WHAT???!! THEY'RE 25??!! Shocked

And then when you add the fact that their characters in Ouran are supposed to be like 15/16 that makes it even more amazing. . .

I think dyeing their hair such a light color makes them look younger (darker hair makes them look closer to their real age)

What do you guys think. . .? Smile

jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:08 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:Come to think of it, I don't think either one of them has ever mentioned fighting/arguing with one another (maybe they do but they just don't talk about it, or perhaps it doesn't happen that often. . .?)

Oh, they fight! In fact, you can read more about it below in the interview XDD

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:Now what I DIDN'T know is that they share the same room. . .(do they really?) I know that they sometimes post little shots of the interior of their apartment, and they've taken pictures of themselves laying in bed, I don't recall them ever mentioning sharing a bedroom (although that wouldn't surprise me in the least lol)

Well, I don't know for sure, in these pictures one of them took in bed, you can see another bed in the room... it just made me suspect it Wink

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:I'm actually kind of jealous of these two. . .I kind of have my own "twin" and even though our relationship is similar to the Takagi's (the random PDA's especially) lately it's been getting. . .complicated. [It kind of sucks when your 1st/oldest partner in crime decides that she doesn't want to be your partner in crime anymore. . . Sad )

A heterosexual bromance like theirs is something really rare and special (at least it is to me). I can't imagine what that must be like, to have someone who's always been by your side before you even took your first breath of life. . .

Manpeifanservice wrote:I can only imagine what it feels like to be that close to a sibling (my sister and I don't get along very well) and, exactly like Mrs.ManpeiTakagi said, the thought of these two being so close and loving each other that much added to the fact that they've been together even before they've been born... I can't quite explain why, but it is very emotional for me <3 I feel deeply touched.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear it, both of you Sad I hope it works out for you, Mrs.Manpei~ and the only advice I can give you, ManpeiFanservice, is to try to smooth things over between yourself and your sibling if possible. It's horrible to have such a problem with your family... it's important to have someone close to you that you can depend on. And you're right, the twins are very wonderful and special... and I'm touched, too, by how obvious their love is. And it makes me feel so hopeful. I think they show clearly that it's possible for others to be there for you unconditionally and that you can depend on them.

I don't have a twin, but I have an older brother. He's 3 years older than me, but even so, we were always asked "are you twins?" when we were kids. We really look like male and female carbon copies of each other... it's a bit weird, maybe~ lol Now, we're not copies, but it's SUPER obvious that we're siblings. Anyway, we moved a LOT when we were kids, so we ended up being each other's closest friends. We both have another older brother, but he was an unholy terror when we were young, and we wanted to murder him (^^') Maybe because he terrorized us, we grew closer?? Even now, my brother and I are really close... we like many of the same things, we share similar views and can talk to each other and depend on each other when we have problems. We tend to spend a lot of time together when I'm back in America, even though we've had some really brutal fights in the past. It's the closest I can get to understanding that special relationship between real twins... sometimes I'm horribly jealous of twins, too. I think that if my brother and I had been true twins, we would have been inseparable, just like Manpei & Shinpei. Oh well *shrug* If we can't be like them, at least we can admire them!

ManpeiFanservice wrote:

jade, you're a life savior and I love you! Please always shine blessed Takagi light onto our days! <3 Every time I look at Manpei's blog I wish I knew japanese.

I don't know if squealing and crying at the same time is normal, per se, but I do it with them all the time LOL

BTW, thanks for posting the train picture for everyone to see! o(^-^)o

Anyway, even if you don't know Japanese, it's ok! I'll save you! LOL I can't help but read their blogs and stuff... and I think translating is SO FUN, so I'll do my best to continue shining a bit of sparkly, twincest spotlight on the forum (^o^)b

To start keeping that promise, here's the last interview I have with them (until I go out and see if I can find and buy more magazines with them!) It's from JUNON, September 2011 issue, and it's probably going to make you guys fangirl even worse Twisted Evil

~*~*~*~*~

Laughing or Posing, 120% Synchronized

The beautiful forbidden twin love has a hold on girls’ hearts. Now we’ll get it from the twins who are focused 120%, Manpei & Shinpei. In Ouran High School Host Club, whether laughing or posing, they’re 120% synchronized and give us the best fan service. Their flirting causes the girls swee~eet, continuous sighs <3

Your beautiful flirting soothes all the girls.

SHINPEI Until now, out of all the twin roles we’ve played, Hikaru & Kaoru are definitely the closest.

MANPEI He’s talking about the parts where it seems as if our faces are attached. That’s not really normal, even during family time.

SHINPEI Then, there’s the times when we’re sexy together for the girls and they swoon. It’s a paper-thin line between beautiful flirting and making people pull-away, so that distinction is really difficult.

MANPEI But for me, in this role, I think I can do it because my partner is Shinpei.

SHINPEI Yeah, it’s especially because we’re twins that we have this atmosphere. If I were to do this with another actor that resembled Manpei, I think it would become a different thing entirely.

MANPEI Then there’s the script. If there’s a line only for Hikaru, I take it upon myself to try it in unison, or if even there are no lines, I try to give the two a deeper intimacy. In our own way, we take on various types of challenges like this.++

SHINPEI For twins, whether with words or movements, there are times when complete spontaneous synchronization just happens. So we actively bring out those times because we want Shinpei & Manpei to be the only ones that can play Hikaru & Kaoru.

MANPEI But this time, the most perplexing thing for me is the character creation. Hikaru is S, and Kaoru is M*1. I’m actually very S, even among really S people, so at first I thought, “How can I play this M character?” and I read very deeply into the original work.

SHINPEI For me, since both my real life and my role are very S, I can just do it for real (laugh).

MANPEI During rehearsal, I get this treatment from Shinpei like I’m his toy, and he just pats and touches my face, so there are times without thinking that I’ll blurt out, “Cut it out! We only have to do it for the real performance!” (laugh)

In elementary*2 school, there was a time when you liked the same girl…

SHINPEI Because we’re both really S, there are times during filming when we have serious fights.

MANPEI At those times, when I get sharp at something Shinpei says, the staff will say “now, now” and break it up. But even if we fight, we won’t pay any attention to it once it’s over. If we’re going home, we’ll go home together like nothing happened.

SHINPEI Also, to advance the drama from here, both of us will become attracted to Haruhi, but with those feelings, too, Kaoru is M and he’ll hold back for Hikaru’s sake, so I try to get her to return my feelings.

MANPEI Well, in my own life it’s been different. In high school, we both liked the same girl, and actually, the one that confessed was me.

SHINPEI You know, you always tell that story so triumphantly; don’t drag it back up (laugh)*3

MANPEI It’s not that I’m dragging it back up or anything, it’s just the truth. Well, at that time, I didn’t know that Shinpei liked the same girl.

SHINPEI It’s me that didn’t know.

MANPEI But for me, I got friendship more than a relationship, and I was rejected. She was the Madonna of our school, so mostly you would hold back because of the other guys…

SHINPEI (interrupting) Anyway, the current highlight is the health exam scene, probably. The thing to see is while we’re flirting, we strip off each other’s clothes (laugh)

MANPEI It’s just, the thing I’m worried about is having our mom watch that scene and what she’ll think. To have your own sons flirting with each other, for a parent, must be complicated, you know.

SHINPEI When mom watches that scene, I definitely want her to laugh at it!!

~*~*~*~*~

++ In other words, all those little movements and touches we keep seeing ARE spontaneously done by Manpei & Shinpei! What a Face *swoon*

*1 - In Japan, they use Sadism and Masochism, or S&M , as a mild personality trait. It's actually a VERY common question. It means something like "are you more dominating, or are you more submissive? Are you selfish or do you put others before yourself?" Basically, "do you act like a stereotypical man or a stereotypical woman?" So even though Shinpei is a social extrovert, and tends to be so happy and cuddly with Manpei, he's still considered S... because when it comes down to it, they're both MEN, and they act like it.

*2 - I don't know if they meant to type "high" and messed up, or if they thought it was elementary school and were just wrong. But it was during high school.

*3 - From his style of speech, I think he’s laughing here to keep from actually being angry about it! How he later interrupts Manpei and changes the topic completely kind of confirms that for me. I think they were really close to starting one of those fights they talked about before! lol

Last edited by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:26 am

Oh wow, I'm so excited that they mentioned that both of their characters will like Haruhi in the drama! That means the live action will cover far enough into those chapters!! <3

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 am

Thank you so much again, jade!!

jade wrote:SHINPEI Also, to advance the drama from here, both of us will become attracted to Haruhi, but with those feelings, too, Kaoru is M and he’ll hold back for Hikaru’s sake, so I try to get her to return my feelings.
    Waaa... thank goodness, so the famous love triangle IS planned to be in the drama!*v* I hope this will come true. (with Jdramas, anything can happen which can change all the plans) *prays*
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 am

Yes, Cindy, I thought about that, too! They seem to mention things that happened later on in the manga... Hope they'll do it!!!

They're just so cute around each other and seem to take their job so seriously <3 I'm very very proud of them!

I like reading these interviews because I can see them so clearly <3 more and more like different people, and I loved to hear about their fights! All siblings fight. Actually, it's pretty normal to fight with people you care about/are near a lot.

jade wrote:ManpeiFanservice, is to try to smooth things over between yourself and your sibling if possible. It's horrible to have such a problem with your family... it's important to have someone close to you that you can depend on.

Aw, I think it came out wrong. I don't hate my sister or anything, we actually are very polite and nice around each other, I help her taking care of her children and do my best to be there for her in moments of need - and she also does the same for me. But we are very different people and we don't have much to talk about. Actually she is kinda my opposite in almost every way, I can hardly believe we were born to the same parents and grew up at the same house. But she is 8 years older than I am, which obviously has its impact in our relationship. We were very close when I was a kid and she was a teen, but somehow life changed us both too much. What I mean is -- whatever she needs me for I'll be there, and vice-versa. But we're not talkative around each other or share the same interests or likes at all. That's why I say we don't get along so well. I don't feel comfortable around her that much. ^^"
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:51 am

ManpeiFanservice wrote:They're just so cute around each other and seem to take their job so seriously <3 I'm very very proud of them!

I like reading these interviews because I can see them so clearly <3 more and more like different people, and I loved to hear about their fights! All siblings fight. Actually, it's pretty normal to fight with people you care about/are near a lot.

That's why I say we don't get along so well. I don't feel comfortable around her that much. ^^"

I was laughing and grinning the whole time I was reading it~~ like you said, it's really easy to see how different they are, and hearing about their fights is just endearing <3 But the best thing is how seriously they take their jobs! They work very hard to make sure they get the characters right, and I think that's awesome Very Happy I respect them so much more after these interviews.

(I'm glad you're not fighting with your sister or anything! My oldest brother and I are 6 years apart, so I can understand what you mean. We fought when we were kids, but we don't fight now... however, we aren't actually "close" either.)
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 am

Thanks so much~! I really love reading about these two, they seriously make me swoon...

SHINPEI (interrupting) Anyway, the current highlight is the health exam scene, probably. The thing to see is while we’re flirting, we strip off each other’s clothes (laugh)

^ Shinpei, it's everyones highlight~! Haha!

I find it cute how they are on about who's more S and M but even though their both S, it really reminded me of when in the episode with Renge-Chan that Hikaru and Kaoru are discussing why in the film (when they are basketball players) why Kaoru seems more like the seme and Hikaru is like, I'm the seme!

Haha!
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:21 am

Where, oh where should I start with this one. . .? LOL

Well first of all to jade, a million and one thank you's for translating and posting this article for us!! cheers
    I love LOVE getting to know these two as individuals and not just as two people sharing one brain, you know?

Alright, here's my two cents about this article/post. . .

1)So they DO fight, hm? Actually I'm not completely shocked, siblings in general are going to quarrel even if they are super close *me speaking from experience* I wasn't expecting them to say they argue while fillming though (I was thinking more along the lines of when they were at home), and then for the staff to have to calm them down. . .I'm starting to think that maybe it's because they're both S-types:the way they think is too similar and they end up butting heads, you know?
    But then I just had to shake my head when Manpei said "But even if we fight, we won’t pay any attention to it once it’s over. If we’re going home, we’ll go home together like nothing happened."

Typical men. . . Rolling Eyes hahaha

2)OMG, literally 10 minutes before I read this post I was starting at ManpeiFanService's avatar (for the millionth time), and I just out of the blue started wondering. . ."Do their parents know that their doing this sort of "touchy-feely, flirting" thing as part of their characters. . .?" I mean, it's one thing as a fangirl, but can you imagine being a mother of twins, and then watching them touch and caress each other on screen like that? Shocked
    Well I guess their mother probably knows them better than anyone else, so like Shinpei said, hopefully their mom will see it and think it's funny Very Happy

3)The idea of ANY girl rejecting either one of these twins is simply unacceptable Mad

MANPEI: "During rehearsal, I get this treatment from Shinpei like I’m his toy, and he just pats and touches my face. . ."

A-Isn't Shinpei ALWAYS like that with him though. . .? Laughing

B-That part made me smile because my sibling does that to me too. . .when we're sitting together (whether in public or private) she'll randomly pinch/squeeze my face, stroke my hair, hold onto me for no reason, or try to tickle me *yeah, we've got our own 'twincest' thing going on too* Most of the time it doesn't bother me because I'm so used to it and I know she's just playing, then other times I'm like "Will you knock that off already? People are starting to stare at us!" Suspect

So yeah, I see a lot of me and my own sister in how Manpei and Shinpei deal with each other.

4)SHINPEI: "For twins, whether with words or movements, there are times when complete spontaneous synchronization just happens."

Me: YES!! GOOD!! KEEP DOING THAT!! Keep practicing at home too!

I'm telling you, one of these days during an episode, Hikaru and Kaoru are going to "step up" their little tender moment. . .and I'm gonna be fully prepared!

I'm going to have an oxygen tank handy (in case I start breathing so fast, I feel like I'm going to pass out) and a cup of ice cold water to dump over my head in case I need to "cool off" X-D

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:38 am

Again, you're welcome!! I had as much fun translating it as you guys do reading it <3

My brother and I tend to get stared at when we're in public, too, but not because we're being flirty... usually we're play fighting, and kicking and punching at each other before cracking up laughing clown

You made a ton of the same points I was thinking... especially that anyone rejecting one of these two is just unacceptable! Evil or Very Mad They're both adorable and sweet and down to earth~

Yeah, Shinpei definitely touches Manpei a lot normally. Maybe Manpei means that he was doing it in a really flirty, Hikaru & Kaoru forbidden love kind of way?

And I love that Manpei was worried about how their mom would see her twin sons flirting, stripping off each other's clothes, and caressing each other... while Shinpei was like "Oh, I don't care... she'll have to laugh at it" and doesn't seem worried at all I love you So I wonder if Manpei ever thought about their mom watching them flirt WHILE they were filming it, and then felt like digging a hole and burying himself XDD AHAhahaha

Usually when they do some tender or sexy moment together, I just pause the video to squeal and hyperventilate for a few minutes Big Laugh When I feel mildly sane again, I rewind it and play it a few more times XDD
    seaweed
    Scholarship Student

Post by seaweed on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    The song/video is really amazing (and in my opinion, it sounds almost too good to be something that was released in 2010).
    And the twins are SOOOOO cute in this video!! :3 Nodding They're actually pretty good singers/dancers. And their clothes are OH-SO cool. Cool

OMG I love you! Thanks so much for sharing Very Happy I was listening to this at work and I can't help but smile like an idiot while this song was playing. It also made me more productive at work so yay!

jade wrote:

Usually when they do some tender or sexy moment together, I just pause the video to squeal and hyperventilate for a few minutes Big Laugh When I feel mildly sane again, I rewind it and play it a few more times XDD

This is exactly what I do everytime I watch them. It's just too much I can't take it! Laughing Oh and thanks for creating this thread, and also for the translations! I was giggling and squealing in my room like the fangirl I am when I read them. Too much preciousness! :<3: good thing I didn't open this forum at work, or else everyone would be weirded out by me spazzing and trying to stifle my giggles as I read this thread Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am