Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
writtenasneu
Laila007
Tama
chrism
Careline
Isidarnipples
Cinnamonipples
Jenavieve
awesome_nipples
strife89
Raitei
demonslayermiu
Otaku-Nipples
TamakiLuver88
setolove
Fujioka Haruhi
MangaMistrezz
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
jade
annanipples
yanie
26 posters

Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 4 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by Isidarnipples Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:05 pm

I feel this thread is worthy of a gold star sticky.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 4 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by Otaku-Nipples Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:21 pm

The fanclub has gone up to 5000 odd!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks for sticking the thread!^o^

Congratulations to Crystal, Misty and Reid! Your English messages are displayed!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 am

Ok guys...Don't freak out but... THOSE MESSAGES ARE ALL FROM ME!!!!!!!! Triumphant Tamaki

This is NO LIE. I can prove it!

Crystal- That's my REAL name! And the title of the message is ALOHA! I'm from Hawaii that's why.(But I'm currently studying in Philippines for a while so you might find a filipino message being sent soon).
    Misty- I was watching Pokemon at the time. And the title of the message has #1 in it!
    Reid- This message was from my little brother, actually. I read him the manga from manga.animea and he loves it! It runs in the family... Wink
    *And...all the messages are in order and in FULL english (I was too lazy yesterday to find the japanese translations to them)

OMG! I feel like I'm flying right now!!! Onion Skipping AHHH!!! I'm so happy!!! Onion Daydreaming
    After all the past messages I sent and weren't approved, I never would have expected 3 of them would be approved at the same time!!!! So now I have 4 approved messages in total. I really am Ouran's #1 supporter!!!!

So keep sending your messages!!! Because miracles DO happen!!!! Onion Thumbs Up
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:36 am

I've sent another message, fingers crossed for approval! The fan club is nearly 6000 now~!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 am

Interesting! Ouran website is #3 in the TBS Site Access Ranking today!! YAY! (it was #10 yesterday)
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/

I wonder if it has got something to do with Episode5? lol, maybe everyone were immediately accessing the site, to send messages on Ep5, haha... coz I did just that too XD

MangaMistrezz wrote:Ok guys...Don't freak out but... THOSE MESSAGES ARE ALL FROM ME!!!!!!!! Triumphant Tamaki
    Haha, I kinda figured it was from you, but didn't expect ALL THREE were from you cheers
    Careline
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:58 am

I ordered the Fotobook too Very Happy
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am

yanie wrote:Interesting! Ouran website is #3 in the TBS Site Access Ranking today!! YAY! (it was #10 yesterday)
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/

I wonder if it has got something to do with Episode5? lol, maybe everyone were immediately accessing the site, to send messages on Ep5, haha... coz I did just that too XD

MangaMistrezz wrote:Ok guys...Don't freak out but... THOSE MESSAGES ARE ALL FROM ME!!!!!!!! Triumphant Tamaki
    Haha, I kinda figured it was from you, but didn't expect ALL THREE were from you cheers

It was REALLY a huge surprise for me also. Maybe whoever deals with the website felt sorry for me and approved my messages to shut me up? Laughing

OMG!!! Ouran really is ranked 3 today. This is GREAT!!! I totally understand why- episode 5 was the best episode so far and it was filled with EPICNESS!!! Hopefully things will get better and better from here... Onion Starry Eyes
    chrism
    Commoner

Post by chrism Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Just left a comment and became a club member. Hope it helps!!!

I too think that they should extend the drama. I thought were going to get at least 15 eps.
    I would love it though if they could do 25 Very Happy
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Careline wrote:I ordered the Fotobook too Very Happy

yaaa, jealous much D8
    I would order it if I had any moneys... but I has none >___<
    WHY MUST I ALWAYS BE POOR WHEN I NEED TO BUY THINGSSS?
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Hey everyone! I'm so glad I found this support group because this show is such an awesome show! And I'm making sure to go the site many times and write to the fan messages! And I would like to say thanks to you guys because reading this really pushes me even harder to become a lawyer and some how finding away to work with legal issues so that we the foreign fans can find a way to enjoy and support shows from different countries like Japan!!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey peoplez!!! I just wanted to say congratulations to Kelmiya, Chris, A↓★ and Meow!!! All your messages were approved and are now displayed on the website!!! cheers

And since none of these are from me, it makes me happy knowing that I'm not the only foreign fan here doing their best to keep the show going. Good job guys!!! Let's keep fighting!!! Triumphant Tamaki
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 am

Waaa~ hontou?? 4 English messages?

Had been working all day, I haven't check the site today. But, this really made my day! Ureshii~~~

C'mon minna~ Let's keep sending more and more messages!! \^o^/
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 pm

WHAT!! I wrote under the name meow! YAY!! I tried to look for my message, but I couldn't find it! oh well.. YAY!!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 am

Laila007 wrote:WHAT!! I wrote under the name meow! YAY!! I tried to look for my message, but I couldn't find it! oh well.. YAY!!

Your message is on page 5 (but it may change as new messages are put on.

Speaking of new messages, Congratulations to Laila007 (I'm guessing this is also from you) and NEU! Your messages were approved and displayed on the website! cheers

If you haven't checked out the newest discussion, Ouran is being made into a widescreen movie! And I'd like to think that we foreigners also helped with this progress. Onion Liar Anyway, let's continue doing our best to show our support for Ouran. Since they're making a movie, why not a second season?? Hmm...*gets ready to write another message* This proves that if you fight for what you believe in, you may just win.

And nipplechatters....WE WON!!! Onion Love Eyes
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am

ALRIGHT!! THIS IS SOOO EXICTING!! Come on guys, let's go for a second season!!! Onion Thumbs Up
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 am

FYI, NEU is not me! I'm so happy there's another Indonesian sending a message!
    YES! One movie is still not enough! They have to go with another 2 seasons, a special, and a 2nd movie, desho???

To those, who still haven't join the fan club, pls share our your troubles in applying, maybe we can help!

Don't forget to pre-order Ouran photobook to show your support!
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/4162922

Apparently, we can order the latest Lala mag October Issue, which has a bonus of Ouran live-action MEMORIAL PHOTOBOOK, at HMV too!
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/4188125

And let's keep sending in the messages, minna!

We'll make sure that "Ouran High School Host Club" is a success and make them come filming scenes at places near where you live! (anyone from Boston / Barcelona / Paris? Onion XD) If Ouran become a big success, I don't think it's a dream that the cast will go to those cities for filmings^^
    chrism
    Commoner

Post by chrism Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I was soooo happy when I heard the news!

Hopefully, if the movie get a really good response we can get a sequel, or a second season ^_^
    writtenasneu
    writtenasneu
    Commoner

Post by writtenasneu Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:37 am

SOOO here's the thing.............
    I promised myself I will register to this forum IF my message on the website got approved... AND IT HAPPENS OMG and I heard there will be a movie!??! ICANDIEHAPPILY :"""DDDDDD

sorry everyone i just got to this forum without a proper introduction xD;
    my name is Noi or NEU (lol they basically sound the same) :"D
    I just rushed to this particular thread to thank YANIE properly because i can leave message because of our explanation ARIGATOOOOUUUU :DDDDDDDD
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Hiya! I just wanted to remind people that it's important to show your support for this show! There has been no new english messages on their website for a while now. Just because we succeeded in having an Ouran movie, it doesn't mean we're finish just yet! It's now time to work on having them make a second season. Come on! We can do it! cheers

Oh! And here are the new rankings!:
    * #4- Most accessed site (DAILY) on TBS...out of 20!
    * #35- Top Dramas (EVER!) on Dramacrazy...out of 1681! (very impressive!)
    * #7- Most viewed dramas (WEEKLY) on mysoju...out of 25!

Good job guys- the rankings are good! Let's keep this up! Triumphant Tamaki
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:45 pm

writtenasneu wrote:SOOO here's the thing.............
    I promised myself I will register to this forum IF my message on the website got approved... AND IT HAPPENS OMG and I heard there will be a movie!??! ICANDIEHAPPILY :"""DDDDDD

sorry everyone i just got to this forum without a proper introduction xD;
    my name is Noi or NEU (lol they basically sound the same) :"D
    I just rushed to this particular thread to thank YANIE properly because i can leave message because of our explanation ARIGATOOOOUUUU :DDDDDDDD
    You're welcome, Neu! So glad to see another Indonesian here, coz as far as I know we have many Ouran manga fans here. Haha... so you'll join this forum only if your msg got through? that's quite unusual, but you got through anyway, so congrats!!
    May I know where you live? Do you live in Indonesia or in another country (like Japan)?

MangaMistrezz wrote:Hiya! I just wanted to remind people that it's important to show your support for this show! There has been no new english messages on their website for a while now.
    Actually they haven't update the Fan Message corner at all since Thursday. (so not only English msg, but Japanese msgs are also pending now) Also, the link to join the fanclub is not on the main page anymore, replaced by the movie announcement, and the fanclub members number is usually updated every Friday, but its not updated last Friday. I wonder, if they stop accepting fanclub members? Sad

We can still access the fanclub application page directly here, though: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/info/fanclub.html

MangaMistrezz wrote:Oh! And here are the new rankings!:
    Ooh, the rank went up in Dramacrazy, ne~
    Aw, the mysoju rank went down a bit^^
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 am

I have 4 things to convey to Ouran L-A fans here.

1. In the Fans Message section of the official site, you can actually write your request and/or comments about the video clips in the MOVIE GALLERY of the official site. But please make sure you have it translated to Japanese first.
    I just realized this when they mentioned in the Chiba's Drawing 3rd video, that this corner is popular among the fans and they received many requests from the fans for extending this corner. I've always been reading the Fans Message so far, but I think I've only seen 1 message that says she likes this corner and want to see more of it XD (I dunno if there were requests via Twitter though)
    So, I'm thinking, maybe the staff will always consider stuff, even only 1 person request it^^ However, the MOVIE GALLERY is not suppose to be able to be viewed by people outside Japan. So, I think it's best if we send in the requests in Japanese. You can ask me to translate your request, or I'll post the request for you. Just let me know your request^^
    I'm already thinking to send a message that says I love Chiba's drawing corner esp. the last one where he drew the twin, and I'd like to see more of this corner. Plus, I want to see a corner where Yusuke/Daito/Haruna can join too^^
    If you'd like to see more interviews of the cast together, or anything else to be added in the MOVIE GALLERY. Just let me know! I'll help you request it in Japanese!

2. You can definitely request what kind of extra footage you want to see on the DVD that will be released a few months later once the drama broadcast is over. I think, request in English would be fine, but if the request is detailed, then it's best to have it translated to Japanese, so the staff can understand the request better.
    I see some Japanese fans requested so that the DVD would include the making, NG scenes, etc. A fan even requested she want to see the manga's extra chapter where Tamaki and Kyoya switch souls to be made into a spinoff and included as the DVD's extra features! And then, suddenly Daito Shunsuke talked about wanting to have a spin-off episode where Tamaki-Kyoya switch souls in the fans meeting!! I hope this is not a coincidence!!! Onion XD

3. If you like the musics you heard so far, in the live-action, please help me request for the Original Soundtrack CD to be released, in the Fans Message section! English request would totally be fine! I'm sure they'd understand just by the mention of "original soundtrack".
    Now, who wouldn't want that "Kyoya Theme" we heard in Ep5?? I mean, the producer even write in his diary that he loves that music too, that he randomly titled it "Kyoya no Teema Kyoku" (Kyoya's Theme Music)
    Including that, I also love a couple of new music tunes I heard in Ep6, esp. the Disney-like tune when Renge appeared! I've requested them to release the original soundtrack for sell, in Japanese, and they approved that msg, but I'm sure more requests from other fans wouldn't hurt, right? Yoroshiku! Onion Bows

4. Should we make an effort of trying to get Ouran's widescreen movie to be premiered outside Japan, countries where we live?
    This is a question, because I'm not sure. But it just occured to me when I saw Japanese fans talked about this in 2ch. They said,

"But, if the distributor is Sony Pictures Entertainment, I guess they're aiming international market as well, huh"
    "That's true! I thought of that too, since I saw so many English messages came from foreigners on the official site!"

FYI, Sony Pictures is a film distributor in Japan that usually distribute Hollywood movies, they rarely take up local movies for business. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Entertainment )

Of course, if this is really their intention, then we'd be rejoicing with joy! Onion XD

But is there anything we can do to make sure this would happen? Should we send letters to Japanese film distributors in our respective countries, or what? I'm not really familiar on how each country picks a Japanese film to be shown in the country. And each country might have different ways too. Anyone has any idea?
    writtenasneu
    writtenasneu
    Commoner

Post by writtenasneu Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:45 am

yanie wrote:
    You're welcome, Neu! So glad to see another Indonesian here, coz as far as I know we have many Ouran manga fans here. Haha... so you'll join this forum only if your msg got through? that's quite unusual, but you got through anyway, so congrats!!
    May I know where you live? Do you live in Indonesia or in another country (like Japan)?
    yes because i'm not really into forum so.... i intended to say thanks to you but this forum seems filled with lovely ppl so i wish i can make friends here <3
    oh and live in jakarta to be exact :DD

MangaMistrezz wrote:Hiya! I just wanted to remind people that it's important to show your support for this show! There has been no new english messages on their website for a while now. Just because we succeeded in having an Ouran movie, it doesn't mean we're finish just yet! It's now time to work on having them make a second season. Come on! We can do it! cheers

Oh! And here are the new rankings!:

Good job guys- the rankings are good! Let's keep this up! Triumphant Tamaki

Tamaki \

THIS NEWS MADE MY DAY ;A; SRSLY ♥️
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:10 am

1. In the Fans Message section of the official site, you can actually write your request and/or comments about the video clips in the MOVIE GALLERY of the official site. But please make sure you have it translated to Japanese first.
    Hmmm...I'm gonna do that. I wanna request they put up the video with the fan meeting and the Ouran movie announcement. I really wanna watch it badly- based on the interview, it's sounds fun! I'll get my japanese friend to translate it for me.

2. You can definitely request what kind of extra footage you want to see on the DVD that will be released a few months later once the drama broadcast is over. I think, request in English would be fine, but if the request is detailed, then it's best to have it translated to Japanese, so the staff can understand the request better.

I don't really want to request anything. I think I would like to see the behind-the-scenes footage, NG's and definitely the deleted scenes. If they put in the scene where Tamaki and Kyouya switch bodies...that'll be interesting. I couldn't read it much in the manga because I thought that chapter was so awkward and a Tamaki-like Kyouya is scary. But if it was live action version ...yeah, I think I could watch it.

3. If you like the musics you heard so far, in the live-action, please help me request for the Original Soundtrack CD to be released, in the Fans Message section! English request would totally be fine! I'm sure they'd understand just by the mention of "original soundtrack".

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!...and YESSSS!!!! My fave songs were 'Friday Ma-Magic', the song that was playing when the twins were remembering their past events in the host club (episode 6) and of course, Kyouya's theme song. I'm going to be crying when I listen to that song.

4. Should we make an effort of trying to get Ouran's widescreen movie to be premiered outside Japan, countries where we live?

The movie is being made by Sony Pictures Entertainment, right? That movie production is international and well-known. I'm pretty sure the movie will air outside of Japan. As for where outside Japan...I don't know. No offense, but if it shows in the US, I hope they don't make an adaption of it- I love Ouran, but that's where I cross the line. Onion Yellow Card

Hmm... I don't know how to ask them if they would air the movie abroad and which country. I'm currently studying in the Philippines and the people here are CRAZY over asian dramas. Whatever drama they show in japan, korea or taiwan, they would dubbed it in tagalog and air it here. The dramas they show here are You're Beautiful, Hana Kimi (2007 and taiwan), Boys Over Flowers...alot of dramas. Ouran is fairly new so it'll be a while before it airs here- but I'm 100% sure they will air it here. Also, if there is a really popular drama, they would actually send the actors from their country to come visit here (So far I've seen Wu Chun and the guy who plays Jeremy in 'You're Beautiful') SO if Ouran gets really popular here....*Please come host members! I'll be waiting! Crosses fingers!* I'm not sure about other countries, but that's what happens here in the Philippines.

In the US (I live in Hawaii- I consider Hawaii my home). I don't think asian dramas are too popular. The only drama I heard there is 'Full House' and 'Heaven's Tree'. That's it. And of course, asian horror movies are very popular there too. They even make adaptions of it- like 'The Grudge', 'The Eye' etc. But like I said, I love Ouran but please, NO US ADAPTION.

When I saw Japanese fans talked about this in 2ch. They said,

"But, if the distributor is Sony Pictures Entertainment, I guess they're aiming international market as well, huh"
    "That's true! I thought of that too, since I saw so many English messages came from foreigners on the official site!"

Reading this made me smile the most. This is solid proof that us foreigners can make a difference concerning Ouran. Hip Hip Hooray for us!!! Triumphant Tamaki
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:45 am

yanie wrote:
    This is a question, because I'm not sure. But it just occured to me when I saw Japanese fans talked about this in 2ch. They said,

I just wanted to quote you because I was glad to see even Japanese fans noticing our influx of English messages! Nice to see everyone's efforts being recognized.

I checked the Funimation site and found out that they do license some live action films. If you go to this page: http://www.funimation.com/shows and scroll down to "All Shows", there is a "live action" section under genre. One of them is a movie based off of a manga/anime that they have dubbed before (Mushi-Shi). Should we try contacting them to release Ouran in the US?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 am