Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
writtenasneu
Laila007
Tama
chrism
Careline
Isidarnipples
Cinnamonipples
Jenavieve
awesome_nipples
strife89
Raitei
demonslayermiu
Otaku-Nipples
TamakiLuver88
setolove
Fujioka Haruhi
MangaMistrezz
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
jade
annanipples
yanie
26 posters

Ouran Live-Action Support Project

demonslayermiu
    demonslayermiu
    Ouran Student

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by demonslayermiu Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Just signed up for the fan club, thanks for the links and instructions!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:39 pm

I PRE-ORDERED THE PHOTO BOOK~!

From cdjapan Wink
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm

C'mon guys! Let's keep on supporting Ouran High School Host Club Live Action!!!! cheers
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:05 pm

TamakiLuver88 wrote:How can those who cant read/ understand japanese send a message? is there a translation for us to understand and be able to send message?
    Have you read the first post of this thread on the first page? It's a very long post of instructions and guidance how to post a message ^_^
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Oh yanie, how did you find out what each episode was about? Is it from an accurate source?

*is still sad that the drama will only be 11 episodes*
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Nipples Admin wrote:Oh yanie, how did you find out what each episode was about? Is it from an accurate source?

*is still sad that the drama will only be 11 episodes*
    Nope, it's not accurate^^

Spoiler:
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:04 pm

MangaMistrezz wrote:The messages I sent are under Nikki and Cryz
    Your Cryz message has been approved!! I love ur msg so much!^o^ Hmm... but I don't see your Nikki one.... so I guess they aren't approving all messages, huh? Seem like I only saw 3 English msgs so far (incl. the Cryz one), but I think everyone here who has sent msgs is more than that?

MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:30 am

yanie wrote:
    Your Cryz message has been approved!! I love ur msg so much!^o^ Hmm... but I don't see your Nikki one.... so I guess they aren't approving all messages, huh? Seem like I only saw 3 English msgs so far (incl. the Cryz one), but I think everyone here who has sent msgs is more than that?

Yaaaayyyy! My message was approved. I think I know why my Nikki message wasn't approved.

*You may be able to send english messages, but I think you have to at least add SOME japanese in it. I saw only 3 english messages-including my own- and each one had some japanese in it. My Nikki message was enitrely in english so maybe that's why they didn't approve it. So I guess you should add some japanese words (even if it's only 1 or 2 words).
    If you wanna read my message, it's here (but I got it translated in japanese)OH! And otaku-nipples msg is there too Wink: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/msg/msg02/log_002.html

For the english version, this is what I wrote:

Hello
    I'm english-speaking, so I got a friend of mine to translate my message:
    Hello, I'm from Hawaii but I'm currently studying abroad. From both places, I know alot of people who LOVE the Ouran High School Host Club live action.
    I wanted to let you know that you have many fans, not only from Japan but also from America and Asia. I even have relatives who live in Europe that love the drama as well. PLEASE make alot of Ouran episodes or make more than 1 season? I'm asking you this cause this series is so good and it would break alot of fans hearts if it ended so soon. Please don't mind the ratings- if the show aired at an earlier time, this show would be the most popular of them all! There are lots of people who record this show or watch it online cause their not in Japan. The show not only has a decent story, but it has decent- no, WONDERFUL actors as well.
    So please don't leave us fans (japanese or foreign) unsatisfied- we're all doing our best to make sure Ouran is a huge success!!! Thank you so much for your time and hopefully you understood this message
    Arigato p^_^q

*Now, hopefully more than 3 english messages will be approved. Let's show our support!

Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:45 am

That's strange, I remember when I sent them a message it was completely in English and it still appeared on the website. Maybe they don't take double messages from the same IP address? Has anyone successfully sent in two messages yet?
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:38 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:
    yanie wrote:

Yaaaayyyy! My message was approved. I think I know why my Nikki message wasn't approved.

*You may be able to send english messages, but I think you have to at least add SOME japanese in it. I saw only 3 english messages-including my own- and each one had some japanese in it. My Nikki message was enitrely in english so maybe that's why they didn't approve it. So I guess you should add some japanese words (even if it's only 1 or 2 words).
    If you wanna read my message, it's here (but I got it translated in japanese)OH! And otaku-nipples msg is there too Wink: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/msg/msg02/log_002.html

For the english version, this is what I wrote:

Hello
    I'm english-speaking, so I got a friend of mine to translate my message:
    Hello, I'm from Hawaii but I'm currently studying abroad. From both places, I know alot of people who LOVE the Ouran High School Host Club live action.
    I wanted to let you know that you have many fans, not only from Japan but also from America and Asia. I even have relatives who live in Europe that love the drama as well. PLEASE make alot of Ouran episodes or make more than 1 season? I'm asking you this cause this series is so good and it would break alot of fans hearts if it ended so soon. Please don't mind the ratings- if the show aired at an earlier time, this show would be the most popular of them all! There are lots of people who record this show or watch it online cause their not in Japan. The show not only has a decent story, but it has decent- no, WONDERFUL actors as well.
    So please don't leave us fans (japanese or foreign) unsatisfied- we're all doing our best to make sure Ouran is a huge success!!! Thank you so much for your time and hopefully you understood this message
    Arigato p^_^q

*Now, hopefully more than 3 english messages will be approved. Let's show our support!

WOO-WOO I saw your message~! It's so exciting right! haha!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 am

Another English message on the first page!
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/msg/msg02/log_001.html

Lindsay, whoever you are, congratulations!^v^
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:12 am

Nipples Admin wrote:That's strange, I remember when I sent them a message it was completely in English and it still appeared on the website. Maybe they don't take double messages from the same IP address? Has anyone successfully sent in two messages yet?

That doesn't make sense neither- I sent the Nikki message before I sent the Cryz one. If double messaging is disallowed, they would have taken the Nikki message, not the Cryz message. Weird... Question

I still think my theory is right, because even the new english message (BTW congrats and arigato Lindsay-san) has one line of japanese in it. Where is the message you sent?

I'm trying again right now and I'll inform you guys if double posting (under different names but same IP addresses) is possible... Wink *crosses fingers*
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 am

Ok....I just sent a message under the name Marysol (I used my cousin's name, with her permission of course;)) So if anyone sees it on the website, we'll have all our answers about the double messaging and having to use some japanese in the message.
    Raitei
    Raitei
    Ouran Student

Post by Raitei Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:39 am

I just sent a fan message! Yay! It's hard to try making some Japanese sentences, though. I think I spent about 1/2 hour just coming up with the following lines, which I sent along with my English message ('cause even though I know the words, my laptop can't be used for typing kanji):

桜蘭大好き! (I love Ouran)
    私は桜蘭が好きです! (I love Ouran)
    頑張って下さい!(゜▽゜)/ (Please keep up the good work)

Lol. But oh well, all for the love of Ouran! Very Happy
    strife89
    strife89
    Commoner

Post by strife89 Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:54 pm

yanie wrote:
    Nipples Admin wrote:I've found only one link to order the photobook. It will be made available on August 31 but you can pre-order: http://www.shufu.co.jp/books/detail/978-4-391-63225-5
    Apparently we can pre-order thru YesAsia too!^^
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/%E6%A1%9C%E8%98%AD%E9%AB%98%E6%A0%A1%E3%83%9B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E9%83%A8-official-photo-album/1024751280-0-0-0-en/info.html

Oh, and HMV too! Yay!
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/4162922

Thanks for the links!! Will definitely buy the photobook and support them all the way!! ^_^
    strife89
    strife89
    Commoner

Post by strife89 Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Hello!! Wink

Just to let everyone know, according to the drama's Twitter page, they're gonna start selling Usa-chan and Kuma-chan's merchandises (if my Japanese didn't fail me)!!

This is what they posted: http://twitpic.com/64c7ro

KUMA-CHAN!!! <3
    awesome_nipples
    awesome_nipples
    Regular Client

Post by awesome_nipples Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 pm

no idea what those forms say BUT HELL YEAH THAT I'M FILLING THAT IN WITH ALL MY FIGHTING SPIRIT I SHALL SUPPORT THEM !!!
    ( dramatic tamaki moment sorry xD)
    awesome_nipples
    awesome_nipples
    Regular Client

Post by awesome_nipples Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:40 pm

no idea what those forms say BUT HELL YEAH THAT I'M FILLING THAT IN WITH ALL MY FIGHTING SPIRIT I SHALL SUPPORT THEM !!!
    ( dramatic tamaki moment sorry xD)
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:48 pm

I can safely confirm that double messaging is not allowed. Very Happy Oh well...I tried. At least one of my messages got through...and I have 2 email addresses (I have a female and male email address-main one being the female one). I'll post one more message when I have time.

HEY! I read something interesting. I was looking for the raw of Episode 4 and I found a forum. They say that they heard of this 'support' discussion and thought that saying you live abroad in the messages is idiotic. They say it's because you're basically telling the producers that your watching Ouran illegally online. Also that even if you tell them that there are foreign fans, they won't care unless your in Japan and increasing the rating for this show.

I'm pissed off cause I'm frustrated that foreign fans have no say in what goes on in the Ouran series. I'm also wondering if we should just say we live in Japan instead of abroad- because we are technically watching Ouran illegally online. And usually a new episode of Ouran would show up when I wake up in the mornings...but this time, no video can be found yet. Maybe they wanted to make sure no videos would show up online?

What do you guys think? Question
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:59 pm

MangaMistrezz wrote:HEY! I read something interesting. I was looking for the raw of Episode 4 and I found a forum. They say that they heard of this 'support' discussion and thought that saying you live abroad in the messages is idiotic. They say it's because you're basically telling the producers that your watching Ouran illegally online. Also that even if you tell them that there are foreign fans, they won't care unless your in Japan and increasing the rating for this show.

I'm pissed off cause I'm frustrated that foreign fans have no say in what goes on in the Ouran series. I'm also wondering if we should just say we live in Japan instead of abroad- because we are technically watching Ouran illegally online. And usually a new episode of Ouran would show up when I wake up in the mornings...but this time, no video can be found yet. Maybe they wanted to make sure no videos would show up online?

I was thinking about that too. Is it okay or not for us to reveal that we're watching Ouran illegally.

But as I read other Japanese messages in the official site, since in other regions of Japan, Ouran is either 10-25 days behind in airing on their local TV, or not airing at all, many Japanese said they watch from Youtube / on their PC. So that's why I still encourage everyone to write messages.

There were also Korean and Taiwanese fans who mentioned that they're watching. They must be watching them illegally too. And yet the official site's staff still approve our messages.

Even if we don't have a say, I think it doesn't hurt to try^^ Like it or not, we'd be able to increase the sales of their photobook and later-released DVD-box, thru online shops. I'm sure they're aware of that^^

And I'm almost sure they're happy that Ouran live-action have fans in America and Europe, or else they won't be approving your messages^^
    I think it's even more pointless if we lie about where we come from^^

Btw, the producer is insisting for the fans to write their comments everytime an episode airs, so we're suppose to be able to do double-messaging. But maybe not so often, and probably with different contents. Maybe they don't approve similar contents messages.
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Ahh....Ok, that makes sense Smile As soon as I watch episode 4, I'll leave a comment.
    Now then...where IS episode 4??? Question
    TamakiLuver88
    Commoner

Post by TamakiLuver88 Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:30 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:I can safely confirm that double messaging is not allowed. Very Happy Oh well...I tried. At least one of my messages got through...and I have 2 email addresses (I have a female and male email address-main one being the female one). I'll post one more message when I have time.

HEY! I read something interesting. I was looking for the raw of Episode 4 and I found a forum. They say that they heard of this 'support' discussion and thought that saying you live abroad in the messages is idiotic. They say it's because you're basically telling the producers that your watching Ouran illegally online. Also that even if you tell them that there are foreign fans, they won't care unless your in Japan and increasing the rating for this show.

what forum was this?
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 am

TamakiLuver88 wrote:what forum was this?

It was the For Richer or Poorer forum... I don't think they like us much.

I don't know much about legality, I always thought it was illegal to download/watch Japanese TV shows if that show had been licensed in your country (the same way that some fansub groups upload English subbed episodes of anime and only take it down after the series gets licensed in North America). But again, I don't know much about legality and I may be wrong so I won't comment further about this.

I think that regardless, we all know that it is impossible for foreign fans to watch Ouran in Japan on TV. The producers know that already. But from the English messages that I've read, nobody is saying "OH HI I LIKE TO WATCH YOUR SHOW ILLEGALLY ON THE COMPUTER!" No, people are showing SUPPORT and ENTHUSIASM for this show - that even though it's impossible for us to be able to watch it on TV, we will still support it, love it, and will always continue to do so whether they make more episodes or not.

I don't think the producers will "not care" - the Ouran drama has had it difficult enough with the terrible time slot and the "criticism" it may get from diehard anime/manga fans, it may seem to them that people aren't acknowledging this show. That's why I think it's nice to let them know that Ouran is a loved show not just in Japan, but all over the world. From reading their Twitter and Bisco Hatori's blog entries, the live action crew seem very sweet and enthusiastic about their work, regardless of ratings (I'm sure TBS predicted it would be quite low anyway). So I would love it if they knew that this show IS being acknowledged and supported in several other countries, and they know that it's not our fault we can't watch it on TV (I would definitely stay up late just to watch it).

SO I SAY, DON'T BE AFRAID TO KEEP WRITING MESSAGES. Producers already know that it's impossible for foreign fans to help with the ratings, so the least we could do is show our support and let them know this live action IS loved. And with such an enthusiastic crew working on the show, I doubt they would be cold enough to brush us off, I think they would appreciate any type of support.

The other forum thinks that foreign fans shouldn't be allowed to speak or support them because we "don't make the ratings", but if we do nothing and hold such negative thoughts, then our chances of extending the live action would be even slimmer. They can continue to watch Ouran illegally while complaining that our efforts are "idiotic", but at least we are doing something and trying our best to CONTRIBUTE to the show. I'd rather DO something than remain pessimistic. Even if we don't get to see the live action extended, at least we can let the producers and crew know that there is much support for the live action.

/my two cents.
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:53 am

Yup! It was the 'For Richer or Poorer' forum. I checked it out cause I thought a link to episode 4 might be there.

Don't worry, I like this forum better- everyone here's nice and I haven't seen anyone bitching about the drama or the fans. :3 Nodding Also, there's more info about Ouran here-I like reading about the latest news. I'll keep sending more supportive messages until they get approved (but in a respectful and not annoying way. Maybe one message per week or something Razz )
    Jenavieve
    Jenavieve
    Scholarship Student

Post by Jenavieve Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 am

Very well said, Cindy, couldn't have done it better myself. I mean, seriously, we all love Ouran so much, and this has on the whole been a wonderful adaptation so far, is it so bad that we want to do what we can to show those that worked on the live action how much their efforts are appreciated? Hug

As for legality issues, I've read into them as concerns Japanese media in the U.S. (really hope I've got all my facts straight...). scratch Without making a huge post on it, yes, the downloading/distributing of copyrighted Japanese media in the U.S. is illegal, regardless of whether or not it has been licensed (this is covered in U.S. copyright laws and the Berne Convention). However, under those same laws, a translation independent of the media itself (such as softsubs) can be considered an "original work" and, thus, legal to create and distribute.

But, not to sound full of myself or anything, Japan isn't able to do a whole lot to stop viewers in other countries from illegally consuming their media, and they know this. They're, of course, not very happy about it when it takes away from their sales. Even so, it's naive for Japan to completely disregard the opinions of overseas viewers, even if we're not contributing to the show's television ratings. As yanie said, foreign watchers like us will import if we love the media enough, and in the end, that's more money in their pockets. Plus, I'd like to think that the producers would be thrilled to know that there are people outside of Japan that are so passionate about this show, and Ouran as a whole. So, no, I don't think that Japan doesn't "care" about us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 am