Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
EllyGaara
enggrrl
Reina
eva_lee
sahelli
Thepinkbookworm
Gemini Rose
MangaMistrezz
Isidarnipples
devitto
ghoul-girl
seidooreiki
Cinnamonipples
setolove
arthoniel
Minzgruen
Ryu Rena
vegacerezo
Mrs.Takagi
jade
SariLee
NickyTakagi
26 posters

Twins appreciation

Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Empty Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:35 am

I guess you're right setolove. I wish they would not have their bangs go the same direction. I wish they would do like their Ouran characters do and have them going in opposite directions.
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:57 am

Already on page 36!!!! XDDDDD

Yeah they tend to have their bangs parted on the same side. OTL

I somehow find it really cute though. XD But it's probably just their personal preference to have their bangs parted on that side.

OTL I just realized..........I have a week of break now and.......my scanner is in my dorm room............*FAILS* I can't scan anything now! I wanted to try and scan Shinpei pages from my Nachural photobook.
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena
    Chairman of Picture Edits

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 am

And also don't forget to look at the shirt. If it's Manpei, you can be sure he wears that VERY V-plunge neckline white shirt. Shinpei also wears the same white shirt but the V-line is not so low down his chest.
    Makes me wonder, how come Manpei likes to wear that shirt so much? It's not like he doesn't have any other shirt, he just loves that white shirt so much Cunnin Onion Idea Don't you ladies ever wonder??

There's also the lips. Onion Love I just love Shin's cute, plump and full lips. Especially when he smiles, makes me want to cuddle him and use him as a teddy bear! And those eyes too! So round, so shiny, so ADORABLE! Shin-chan is a baby with the manliest voice, though still a little subtle compared to Man-chan.
    Cunning Onion
    Their voices, if listen carefully, Manpei's is rather low, Shinpei's a little high, just barely though, but it's there. Anyone else noticed? Very Happy Or am I wrong?

Thepinkbookworm wrote:I guess you're right setolove. I wish they would not have their bangs go the same direction. I wish they would do like their Ouran characters do and have them going in opposite directions.

They're just making things slightly harder for us. I bet they want to see how much of a fan we are by playing the Which one is Manpei-kun game? with us... Rolling Eyes
    That's right..we're on to you boys~.. Twisted Evil

And thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. I can now know what you ladies look like in real life instead of making up random anime images in my head tongue . I should try drawing us in anime-style next (when I'm bored in class that is). cheers

setolove wrote:OTL I just realized..........I have a week of break now and.......my scanner is in my dorm room............*FAILS* I can't scan anything now! I wanted to try and scan Shinpei pages from my Nachural photobook.

So do I! It's my first semester holiday! And such a shame.. Sad we could fangirl even more if that doesn't happen..
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 am

Ryu Rena wrote:
    They're just making things slightly harder for us. I bet they want to see how much of a fan we are by playing the Which one is Manpei-kun game? with us... Rolling Eyes
    That's right..we're on to you boys~.. Twisted Evil

OH MY WORD. You have just made me look at those two in a whole new, twisted way. Hmmmmmm, does make you wonder Cunnin Onion Idea
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 am

Yo! Cool

Rena-chan, the collage is perfection!!! I love it!! Hug Everyone looks great, and I love how the fact we're all surrounding the twins makes it look like we belong to their own private little harem :3 Nodding (Oh, that would be SO great wouldn't it? Onion Skipping I'd totally drop out of school for that. . .lol)

Anyway, you seriously do an awesome job with these pictures, girl. I love the ones from the Indigo no Yoru photobook too, but the collage of all of us is going STRAIGHT to my desktop wallpaper!

Thepinkbookworm wrote:Mrs.Takagi, I have a bone to pick with you Onion Yellow Card I enjoyed looking at that picture of the twins from their FB page, where they are just standing there. I thought that Shinpei's eyes sparkled( ) and did not think much of Manpei until you just had to mention that they seem hypnotic and almost bedroom eyes. I tried looking at him and it literally made me shiver! Now I can't look directly at him in that picture! It kind of creeps me out how he can look at a person like that( ). I am not actually upset (lol), but yeah, now that you pointed that out his eyes make me go Onion Blush

Hehehe. . .I TOLD YOU!!! Onion Laugh

It's amazing isn't it though. Looking into their eyes is a fun way I like to tell them apart: like you said, Shin's eyes always seem to sparkle, he makes me feel like laughing and smiling.

I don't know why but as lovely and beautiful as Shinpei is, his eyes don't work the same magic that Manpei's eyes can. . .

I think the first time I really noticed it, I was looking at some photos of him as Geki Blue and something about the way he was staring just totally made my heart stop.

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Gekilu14

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Mkiss11

So I was like. . .

"Oh, cool. It's Manpei as Geki Blue. He looks pretty coo-

Shocked

Oh my. . . .

Onion Sweat

OH MY. . .!!!

Why do I suddenly feel hot and cold at the same time??" Onion Anger

It's like he's looking straight through you, isn't it? And it's so hard because I try to look away, but I can't. . .

I wonder if he uses his hypnotic charm on Shinpei to get him to do stuff. . .unless of course Shinpei is immune to it by now. . .lol Razz

Now, in regards to that silly photo of the twins wearing the goofy glasses (which to me just proves that they're getting more and more ridiculous with age) that's definitely Shin on the left.

It actually took me a minute to figure it out as well. Like I just said, their eyes are the number one way for me to tell who is who. And of course they WOULD be wearing goofy glasses that cover up their eyes. . .sometimes I think they pull stunts like this just to confuse us even more. . . Wall ... Onion

I agree with everyones suggestions on how to tell them apart though: the fuller face, checking their collarbones for the (sexy) mole, and of course Manpei's tendency to wear that white t-shirt to reveal his "man boobs" Cunning Onion

(And to answer your question Rena-chan, I still can't figure out why Manpei is so attached to his V-neck shirt. . .seriously, I can't think of not a single good reason lol Do you have any theories about that?)

But the way I eventually figured it out was just by checking their ears: remember Shinpei has both ears pierced and Manpei only has his left ear pierced. The knucklehead guy on the left in the photo has an earring in each ear. (Although when I first saw the photo on Shin's blog, it was a lot bigger, so it was more noticable.)

It seriously baffles me how they can look so alike sometimes, and yet completely different other times (well not COMPLETELY different, but you know what I mean.)

Oh yeah, and in case anyone missed it, here's the picture Manpei posted on his blog.
    Twins appreciation - Page 22 Sleepy10

He's sooooo precious!! Onion Daydreaming

Although I'd seriously love to ask him why he enjoys taking pictures of himself "sleeping" lol I seriously have like 10 "self cams" of Manpei snoozing. . .and I noticed that Shin NEVER takes photos of himself like that. . .very interesting.

Ryu Rena wrote: I just love Shin's cute, plump and full lips. Especially when he smiles, makes me want to cuddle him and use him as a teddy bear! And those eyes too! So round, so shiny, so ADORABLE! Shin-chan is a baby with the manliest voice, though still a little subtle compared to Man-chan.

Absolutely!! Onion XD Whenever I see Shin flashing one of his happy-go-lucky smiles, all I can think of doing is treating him like a puppy. . . Onion Starry Eyes I just wanna hug him and kiss him and stroke his hair talk to him in a cutesy, baby voice. . .lol

"You are SO cute Shin-chan, yes you are. You are just the cutest thing ever. And I'm going to take you home with me and play with you and take care of you forever and ever. Yes I am. . ." :3 Nodding

And yet when you mix the baby face with the manly voice. . .it just makes my brain all confused Suspect . Even though I can totally tell them apart by their voices now, I'm still not sure who has the 'deeper' voice. It's just funny to me because I think their voice changes depending on the situation. Like during one on one interviews, they speak with their normal low pitched voices, but then during Ouran and even Indigo no Yoru, it kind of sounded like they adjusted their voices to sound more "cute and playful" I guess lol

LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL THE OURAN MOVIE PREMEIRE!!! cheers

Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:57 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Rena-chan, the collage is perfection!!! I love it!! Hug Everyone looks great, and I love how the fact we're all surrounding the twins makes it look like we belong to their own private little harem :3 Nodding (Oh, that would be SO great wouldn't it? Onion Skipping I'd totally drop out of school for that. . .lol)

Anyway, you seriously do an awesome job with these pictures, girl. I love the ones from the Indigo no Yoru photobook too, but the collage of all of us is going STRAIGHT to my desktop wallpaper!

Thank you~~ Onion Skipping And yes..it would be absolutely perfect if it was our own little harem Twisted Evil We could ask them to do all sorts of things for us while we just sat there, squealing and a complete mess.
    Those boys got us wrapped around their finger..AND I LIKE IT. I would quit school, go to Japan and move in with them if it's a possibility Onion Love
    Lol, that collage is my computer's screen saver. I might even upload it into my phone because of all our awesomeness (but the battery's dead and unable to be charged so I have to scour the malls for a new batter..).

Mrs.Takagi wrote:So I was like. . .

Shocked

Oh my. . . .

Onion Sweat

OH MY. . .!!!

Why do I suddenly feel hot and cold at the same time??"
    Onion Anger

It's like he's looking straight through you, isn't it? And it's so hard because I try to look away, but I can't. . .

I wonder if he uses his hypnotic charm on Shinpei to get him to do stuff. . .unless of course Shinpei is immune to it by now. . .lol Razz

I know what you mean..when I look at the pictures you posted, I was sweating, my eyes were twitching, I can't form a single word and my heart felt like exploding! His stare is so powerful!! Onion Anger
    And lol, I bet Shin-chan would just counter-attack with his own big, shiny, puppy eyes. We all know how much of a sucker Man-chan can be over his adorable little baby brother Razz

Mrs.Takagi wrote:(And to answer your question Rena-chan, I still can't figure out why Manpei is so attached to his V-neck shirt. . .seriously, I can't think of not a single good reason lol Do you have any theories about that?)

He's a tease, which is why he wants to show us his perfectly toned chest by wearing that shirt. Manpei's not a show-off and is a little shy, that's common knowledge, but he always does this subtle things to make people notice him. In short..

HE'S A TEASE. I repeat, TEASE.

Remember he said that he's a very S character, even among the S people? Well, this is proof. I bet he wants to see the reaction when we ladies are so focused on his nice chest and that collar bone. And his cute mole.
    Think about it, Manpei in a sexy shirt giving off that sexy smile and flashing those sexy eyes? It will melt ANY girl. Onion Nosebleed Oh yes..I'm on to you Mr.Manpei.. You and your seductive games will work no more! Except on Shin-chan of course Razz
    ghoul-girl
    ghoul-girl
    Commoner

Post by ghoul-girl Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:05 am

Ryu Rena wrote:
    Their voices, if listen carefully, Manpei's is rather low, Shinpei's a little high, just barely though, but it's there. Anyone else noticed? Very Happy Or am I wrong?
    I noticed that too, but I thought it was just me :3 Nodding

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    I think the first time I really noticed it, I was looking at some photos of him as Geki Blue and something about the way he was staring just totally made my heart stop.

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Gekilu14

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Mkiss11

So I was like. . .

Shocked

Oh my. . . .

Onion Sweat

OH MY. . .!!!

Why do I suddenly feel hot and cold at the same time??" Onion Anger

Shocked Oh wow, it's so obvious there! I mean, I kinda noticed before, but never really stopped to think about it. But there especially it just makes you get all fluttery Embarassed

SariLee
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Post by SariLee Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Ah! So much has gone on! Onion Hypnotised

First of all, welcome back Nikki Takagi! I've been wondering what happened to you!

About the picture with the silly glasses, I also agree that Shin's on the left.

Lately, I've been been able to tell the twinpei's apart just from their voices as well. I wonder how long it took Haruna to be able to do that? Because I remember in an interview she was very good at it.

Manpei's eyes...they are quite hypnotic! There's some (sexy) secret in them. Even though I prefer Shinpei, I can't deny that Manpei has very alluring eyes. They also give me chills...How did he manage to harness this power?! And in photographs, no less!

I was rewatching a couple of Ouran live action (of course) episodes yesterday, and suddenly I noticed my eyes were always being drawn to the twins, even if they were in the background. It's becoming a subconscious thing now...I wonder if this is a problem Wall ... Onion

And finally! I can't wait for the movie! I'm freaking pumped! Bring it out already! Onion T_T Don\'t Go I hope it doesn't take too long to get subbed...

And...I think I'm all caught up now...woo Onion Wipes Sweat, h
    eva_lee
    eva_lee
    Commoner

Post by eva_lee Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 am

Ryu Rena, your collage is amazing!!! You did such a good job! It would be so cool if Man and Shin really did see it, I think I would die lol. And I'm sure Shin would be impressed with your awesome photoshop skills, since he loves to play with his own photos. Thank you for including me even though I'm so new, it makes me so happy Onion Blush

Manpei's eyes were almost enough to make me declare a favourite right then and there. They are so hypnotic. Do any of you know where I can watch geki ranger online? I've only seen the first episode and I so very much want to see the one where Shinpei play's his evil reflection. Back to the Shinpei - bad boy conversation I have to say that I agree. At least he seems to have a wee bit more confidence than his older brother. In my imagination Manpei gives him those bedroom eyes from across a crowded room and Shinpei smirks, because he knows what he's planning to do to his brother the second he can get him alone....

Yikes that kind of thinking is dangerous.

It would be great to meet you guys in person! In september I'll be moving near Kyoto and I can't wait to be even in the same country as these beautiful Twinpeis! A friend of mine lives in Nagoya and it will take all my willpower not to force her into stalking casually looking around for signs of our boys.

This picture was from ichigo kurimu's tumblr.

Spoiler:
    Secret agent Twins!!! I'm so excited for the movie and so depressed that it will probably be forever till it hits the internet. Everyone what would you do if you got the chance to go to the Ouran Premier. What if Man and Shin were sitting near you when you were supposed to be paying attention to the movie?
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:25 am

Ladies, we ALL agree that Manpei reserves those bedroom eyes only for Shinpei. He only teases us with them, but when it comes to his brother.. Onion Laugh I would love to see them interracting with their eyes. Manpei's piercing gaze and Shinpei's gentle stare, it would be a complete drama with these two. I have seen the way they stare at each other when I go through the pictures I've saved when they're together. And let me tell you this, these twins are one of a kind! Never have I seen a pair of twins so close and so sweet with each other like these two. Onion Blush I wish they'd never get married and just stay by each other's side...

eva_lee wrote:Ryu Rena, your collage is amazing!!! You did such a good job! It would be so cool if Man and Shin really did see it, I think I would die lol. And I'm sure Shin would be impressed with your awesome photoshop skills, since he loves to play with his own photos. Thank you for including me even though I'm so new, it makes me so happy Onion Blush

Thank you! And yes..I was thinking on posting it on their FB wall but I'm unable to.. Onion OTL I don't know why I can't, because it'll show them how much they're loved.
    No matter, I shall ask my friend (she has Ameblo) to post it on both the twins' blog. Gleaming Onion Eyes That way, they shall know the awesomeness of us fangirls. And also how much we really really REALLY love them.
    And lol, no matter if you're new or not, a Takagi fangirl will always be a Takagi fangirl.

eva_lee wrote:What if Man and Shin were sitting near you when you were supposed to be paying attention to the movie?

I would freak. End of discussion. And when the movie ends, I would run up to them and ask them to take a million pictures with me and we went for some lunch and we became friends and I'll get first class treatment from them. Gleaming Onion Eyes
    SariLee
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Post by SariLee Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 am

eva_lee wrote:Do any of you know where I can watch geki ranger online? I've only seen the first episode and I so very much want to see the one where Shinpei play's his evil reflection.

This is the link I got from Mrs. Takagi: http://www.myvideo.de/Videos_A-Z?searchWord=Juken+Sentai+Gekiranger+Lesson
    It's a German site, and a little confusing to navigate at first, but it's easy to get the hang of.

eva_lee wrote:

It would be great to meet you guys in person! In september I'll be moving near Kyoto and I can't wait to be even in the same country as these beautiful Twinpeis! A friend of mine lives in Nagoya and it will take all my willpower not to force her into stalking casually looking around for signs of our boys.

Seriously?! I'm going to study abroad in Kyoto for 8 weeks in Summer of 2013! I'll be going to Ritsumeikan (Asian Pacific University). We could actually meet! Now to just devise a plan to get the rest of the lovely ladies there as well Cunnin Onion Idea

(Oh yes, and I too will be looking to "accidentally" run into the Twinpei's)

eva_lee wrote:Everyone what would you do if you got the chance to go to the Ouran Premier. What if Man and Shin were sitting near you when you were supposed to be paying attention to the movie?

Well I would try to watch the movie to the best of my ability. And when it ended, I would casually turn to the twin's and say "Hey, you guys did a great job. I'm a fan of yours, and I love your work." Of course I'd keep as calm as possible, and then they'd invite out me to eat with them and we'd talk and get to know each other better and Shinpei would fall in love with me we'd become the best of friends! Onion Daydreaming

Ah. If only.
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:58 am

Onion Cursed/Down Minna..Manpei updated but it's a really sad post. He wrote regarding for the tsunami and earthquake victims from last year. If you read it, you can actually feel it pierce through your heart, he wrote it that deeply.

I'll try and translate it as best as I can with google translate's help.

Bond, it is a great power

3/11

It's been one year since then

And as I recall

It was an unbelieveable reality

It happened on that day

It's still vivid

Images on tv

Really devastated

Great anxiety

Grief

It staggers the imagination

Even under such circumstances

Everyone's holding hands

According to the force

Get over appearance

It really struck me

The things you yourself can do

Through the man himself

The thing that many people smile

Their minds are always there

Mite is really there but I..

Who is the one being supportive from this?

And would become a force

Your wish for their sincere souls

-----

I cried when I read his post. If you recall back last year, Japan was struck with both earthquake and tsunami at the north. The most devastated area was Iwate and it was the home for 1/3 of the 3200 victims reported missing. Thousands lost their home because the destruction made a nuclear plant at Fukushima Daiichi causes high radiation level, 20km off the nuclear plant. It said that there can't be a single soul living there for decades until the radiation level receeds.

The Japanese made their prayers at 3.46PM today. Even public transport stops temporarily and central Tokyo will be silent to remember those 19000 who're killed or missing.

Stay strong Japan..stay strong..
    SariLee
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Empty Re: Twins Appreciation

Post by SariLee Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Because I'm bored and have nothing better to do with my life right now...enjoy the Takagi-related memes I just came up with! ...I need a life Wall ... Onion

I'm putting them under a spoiler tab cause there's a lot...

Spoiler:

I can't believe I just did all these... Headesk Sweatdrop

Hope you enjoyed anyway!

I also read Manpei's blog this morning. It's very bittersweet, but also quite hopeful. It sucks that Japan has so many earthquakes, but it's also good to know that everyone there is prepared. Even the buildings are structurally designed to hold up during an earthquake. It's great to see that the Twinpei's care so much about the people around them. It makes them all the more human.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:11 pm

SariLee, you are amazing! All those memes are hilarious. I especially like the one about the yogurt. Classic Onion Thumbs Up Boredom always breeds amazing things. Or scary things...either way, your art rocks Onion Drinks Tea
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Yo! Wink

Thanks so much for posting the translation of Manpei's blog, Rena-chan. Seriously, if this guy ever stops acting, he should definitely become a writer, because he just has this amazing gift with words.

Just from the way he writes, you can tell that he's really pouring his heart out. Sometimes I think he tends to write things he normally wouldn't say out loud. It makes my heart swell to know that he feels so deeply about things (although I'm positive Shin-chan feels deeply about serious things as well. )

They are just so. . .human. Just really beautiful people. I appreciate that so much about them.
    (Even so, I don't care how "human" they are, if I ever got to meet them in person, in would take the jaws of life to pry me off of their tiny bodies. . .)

It's official, NO woman is good enough for either one of them!

Manpei, just stay married to your brother for the rest of your life and live out your days in your loving, crazy, semi-incestuous relationship.
    I think you'll be much happier. Very Happy

Also. . . .

fyeahspecialsnowflakes on tumblr translated Shinpei's blog entry from March 9th.
    Check it out!

[2012.03.09] Takagi Shinpei

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu & Announcement

Good evening!

It was also raining today. I worked hard filming!

It was really cold

Filming for this variety (show) is in another sense “a battle”

I’m fighting with all of my power!

I’m looking forward to the announcement. (depending on how this is interpreted, it could either mean “he’s looking forward to making the following announcements” or “he’s looking forward to telling us about announcements he can’t make yet”)

Today I’m going to make some announcements!!

First!

Tomorrow, March 10 (Saturday) on TBS there will be an Ouran PR through VTR on “Ousama no Brunch” 9:30 ~ 14:00!

And!

I’m sure you already know but on March 16 (Friday) 24:20 – 24:50, the Host Club members will appear in the 8th episode of “Shirato Osamu no Jikenbo”! It’s going to be fun so please check it out

And And!

March 14th (Wednesday) 21:00 ~ 22:48

Manpei and I will be appear in “Warau Keizai Hakusho THE Pinkiri SHOW” on TBS!!

You have to check it out

And And And!
    [Me:Shin, have you reverted back to being 6-years-old again? What's with all the "and's"? tongue ]

★RADIO★

March 12th (Monday) 20:35 ~

Manpei and I will appear in

“Kyary Pamyu Pamyu’s Wei Wei Radio!”

TBS Radio(954kNz)

http://www.tbsradio.jp/pamyu/

This is also PR for Ouran.

Kyary also watched Ouran so I’m very happy ~

By all means please check it out.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu …

No matter how many times I say it I can’t get it right …

Kyary-san said that we have to emphasize the “Pa” strongly in the Pamyu Pamyu part!!

Everyone it’s time to practice

If you can properly say it please tell me

The picture is from when Manpei and I bought these glasses.

When the twins try to be silly.*"

*すぺる:to make a joke that falls flat

So after an hour on my part trying to figure out the time zone difference between Tokyo and Chicago. . .I've decided that tomorrow (monday) I'll be waking up at 5:30AM Chicago time to listen to the twins on TBS Radio, and then on Wedensday I'll be waking up at 6:00AM to see the twins on (what I guess is) the variety show. Onion Wipes Sweat, h

I'm not sure about the 16th though. That's the show that Chiba Yudai is currently starring in I think, and I guess there's supposed to be this funny bit where the Ouran Host Club members show up and. . . .case mayhem I guess lol (What else would they possibly be doing? Onion Laugh )

I've seen screencaps from that particular episode. . .only I can't remember where I saw them. . . Onion Breeze If I find them again, I'll re-post them on here.

I can't believe I'm actually gonna wake up at the crack of dawn just to hear/see the Takagi twins. . .especially for the radio show, since I won't be able to understand much of what they're saying (not to mention I obviously won't be able to see their faces)

But hey, fangirling is a full time job! It's tough, but somebody has to do it, right! Gleaming Onion Eyes

Not to mention I've got a full week of classes and work this week, I think a little Takagi-goodness in between will soothe any stress that may build up as well as encourge me to work hard like my pretty boys. Onion Thumbs Up

Anyone else think they're be able to participate in some Takagi-goodness this week?

I'm mostly just listening to the radio show so I can listen to their sweet voices first thing in the morning. . . Onion Love But like I said, I really won't be able to report back anything they said. . .lol

But as for the variety show (or whatever that show is) I'd be more than happy to report back on whatever it is that they do/did Onion Drinks Tea

Awesome, memes by the way, Sari-chan. They seriously made me laugh Razz I'd definitely love to hear more stories about "Manpei the Food Snatcher". X-P

Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Onion Laugh Oh goodness! Those memes are just too cute!! You did an awesome job with those, sarilee-senpai. I especially like the octopus rice, no way will I be able to forget that incident for the rest of my life. Manpei loves stealing Shinpei's food, and they're already almost 30! But I also can't forget the mickey mouse underwear thing...cracks me up everytime I think about it.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Thanks so much for posting the translation of Manpei's blog, Rena-chan. Seriously, if this guy ever stops acting, he should definitely become a writer, because he just has this amazing gift with words.

I completely agree. Manpei's very poetic and sweet with his words. Now I know why he mostly write his blog in a novel kind of way, because there are too many words to express everything around him. Take Shinpei for example, he can write a whole book about him in his blog!

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Manpei, just stay married to your brother for the rest of your life and live out your days in your loving, crazy, semi-incestuous relationship.
    I think you'll be much happier.

Onion XD I see what you did there. And yes, no woman is good enough for these two. They're just so perfect in every way that we can only fangirl them through this thread. I want to meet them too someday if given the chance. I just hope by then they're still single and living together happily with LOVE-kun. Speaking of LOVE-kun, why aren't the twins mention him anymore???

And lol, I can't believe you'd wake up at the crack of dawn to fangirl over them. But I've done something similar a few years back. Woke up at 3AM just to watch Transformers because I missed the previous airing.
    My mum called me nuts, and she can never forget that day. Onion XD

I don't think I can participate in fangirling, my country doesn't have live feed from Japan, so I can't listen to them in the radio nor will I be able to watch them on tv... Corner of Woe

AND SHINPEI UPDATED!! Also about the earthquake, and only now I know that they're one of the survivors! He mentioned that he was beyond surprised when the earthquake struck. Here, I'll post the translation (as best I can).

It's from that year

It's been one year since the East Japan earthquake

Do not forget it

One year ago today but to rehearse for the event

During the rehearsel, the buildings that's never been shook continues to shake, tries to out and about, cracked window glass, plenty of people...keep shelter

I also didn't think it was a great situation until it ends

I was really surprised

And getting up in front of the thing is unbelievable

Didn't want to believe it

Every day they live in situations when earthquakes will come, not eradicated

Really scary

But things look over it

It's...

Strong "ties of the people'

It struck the mind

Real breats become hot (*coughcough* I ah....couldn't tell what this really means..)

Strong, and friendly appearance.

That I can be.

The things it makes plenty of even that one person who would smile.

Simple, but only I have it

make people smile through that person's blog, events and work.

At its best be myself from this, important to every one, we will continue working hard.

To 'smile'.

I wish their sincerely pray.

-----

I think Shinpei puts a little mind jumble game in this. I think when he mentioned he's the only one to make 'that person' smile, 'that person' must be Manpei. Who else do we know that has a blog and stays by Shin's side during work and events?

Shin-chan posted an hour after Man-chan did, so he must've read Manpei's blog and sees his brother all depressed and such. And he's right, who else would make Manpei smile if not him? He's the only one who can.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 am

Ryu Rena wrote:I don't think I can participate in fangirling, my country doesn't have live feed from Japan, so I can't listen to them in the radio nor will I be able to watch them on tv...

Oh no worries, Rena-chan. I don't get live feed from Japan on my TV or radios either.

Trust me, if I did, I'd be watching confusing yet entertaining Japanese TV right now instead of fangirling online (no offense Wink )

For the past few months (since the Ouran drama debuted actually) I've been using Keyhole TV. It's this amazingly easy software that you download onto your computer that lets you watch media streaming live in Japan.

That's how I watched the Ouran episodes before the subtitles were available (because I just couldn't wait the one or two weeks for that to happen Neutral )

I just downloaded the software to my computer and then after everythings been setup, when you're ready to watch a program, you just open the portal and then type in what channel/TV station you want to watch (for the record almost EVERYTHING related to the twin or Ouran has been on TBS Japan).

You click on the correct channel and BOOM! you're watching whatever is airing on TBS (or whatever channel) at that moment in Japan.
    All you have to do is remember to watch your program at the time it's airing in Japan and not your own country (which is why I'm constantly racking my brain trying to remember that Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of Chicago. . . Onion Anger )

If you think you'd like to try Keyhole TV, here's the site to get started:

http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/index.html

Tell me if you decide to use it, 'kay? Surprised

And about Shinpei's blog entry, while I love and appreciate the fact that he also has a big heart and wishes to express his feelings about the earthquake last year. . . .well. . .let's just say I can tell that Shin writes like he talks. . .lol

It's so cute!!

I don't mean to make it sound like his post amused me or I found it funny, but I just can't help but notice that while Manpei goes deep into detail with his words, Shinpei just cuts straight to the point.

"I saw this. I felt this. I thought this."

He never beats around the bush (I'm not saying that Manpei does, but you know what I mean.)

Based on the translation, I couldn't tell if he really was refering to Manpei, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was. I think they send each other hidden "I love you" messages in their blogs (and if they think that they're fans won't catch that, they're crazy!)

I think Shin is one of the few people who can make Manpei smile, that's probably why they stare at each other all the time. Maybe Shin can pick up on when Man is feeling tense, nervous, etc, and thinks "Maybe if I look at him and he looks at me, he'll relax a little and won't be so tense."

Oh. . .those two are so romantic. . . Onion Love

Ah, I wish they were doing a live show instead of a radio show. . .I enjoy seeing them interact with people and each other when they aren't "in character".

Speaking of which. . .

Less and a week until the Ouran movie!!!

Can you stand the excitement???!!! Onion XD Onion XD Onion XD
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 am

I'll definitely be watching!!! Very Happy

OTL I missed the Brunch show two days ago because at that time, I was on my way home. (spending Spring Break at home) I THOUGHT I was going to make it on time since it only takes around 3 hours to get home but...........BUT THERE WAS SO MUCH RAIN AND SO MANY CAR ACCIDENTS THAT IT TOOK 6 HOURS TO GET HOME!!!! T_T

So I missed it. I even watched the rest just to make sure but the Ouran part must have been shown in the first hour. :/

But I'm definitely not missing the rest! Very Happy

OTL sorry I haven't been active as much as I would have liked. I'm not feeling well and this insomnia is beating me. Yesterday, I just collapsed out of nowhere and I blacked out for 14 hours. >________<
    I should feel better with some rest though. I'll try to regain my strength.

In the meantime, everyone, fangirl for my part too! XDDDDDD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:51 am

Yo (again)! LOL

I was juuuust about to go to bed when I suddenly got the urge to check my tumblr dashboard ONE last time.

And lookie lookie what I found Surprised

Why it's the Twinpei's!!! cheers

[Credit for the photos go to maido-ari from tumblr.]

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe10Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe11

And so apparently in these last two photos, Manpei was playing around with Chiba-chan, and Shinpei got jealous (again) because no one was playing with him. . . Rolling Eyes
    According to maido-ari, what Shin said was something to the effect of: "Why does everyone like Manpei the most? What's the difference between us anyway??"

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe12Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe13

Headesk Sweatdrop

Really Shinpei?

Are you starting that up again?

I really wish I could've just handed him lollipop and stroke his head like a puppy and say "Shin-chan, we love you and Manpei exactly the same. . .there's no need to get all huffy."

I have to wonder though. . .is Shin really upset because Manpei's getting attention from someone else?

Or because he's not getting attention from Manpei. . . Cunnin Onion Idea

Oh Shin-chan, you're just so cute when you're acting like a spoiled brat. . . Onion Kiss
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:27 am

Thank you for posting the link to the site, Takagi-senpai, I'll be sure to check it when I can. And lol, yeah, when I read the blog translation, I can see that it's the same as how he talks. Straight to the point and not wasting a single minute.
    Reminds me of myself. I'm a blunt person and I never beat around the bushes when I want to do or to say something.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Based on the translation, I couldn't tell if he really was refering to Manpei, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was. I think they send each other hidden "I love you" messages in their blogs (and if they think that they're fans won't catch that, they're crazy!)

I think Shin is one of the few people who can make Manpei smile, that's probably why they stare at each other all the time. Maybe Shin can pick up on when Man is feeling tense, nervous, etc, and thinks "Maybe if I look at him and he looks at me, he'll relax a little and won't be so tense."

Oh. . .those two are so romantic. . . Onion Love

There are a lot of hidden 'I love you' messages in their blogs to each other, especially from Shinpei to Manpei. They're more pronounced during the filming of Ouran High. When I read his blog posts, I can't stop grinning because of the very subtle and very sweet words he gave to Manpei and also from Manpei to Shinpei (though not as pronounced). Onion Starry Eyes And I agree on why they always stare at each other. We all know Manpei's a little insecure when he's in public or when he's at an interview and such. So Shinpei elected himself to be the one making Manpei relaxed.

They should just kiss and be done with it... Now this is the part where Shinpei's beating around the bush, anyone agree?

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Yo (again)! LOL

I was juuuust about to go to bed when I suddenly got the urge to check my tumblr dashboard ONE last time.

And lookie lookie what I found Surprised

Why it's the Twinpei's!!! cheers

[Credit for the photos go to maido-ari from tumblr.]

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe10Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe11

And so apparently in these last two photos, Manpei was playing around with Chiba-chan, and Shinpei got jealous (again) because no one was playing with him. . . Rolling Eyes
    According to maido-ari, what Shin said was something to the effect of: "Why does everyone like Manpei the most? What's the difference between us anyway??"

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe12Twins appreciation - Page 22 Twinpe13

Headesk Sweatdrop

Really Shinpei?

Are you starting that up again?

I really wish I could've just handed him lollipop and stroke his head like a puppy and say "Shin-chan, we love you and Manpei exactly the same. . .there's no need to get all huffy."

I have to wonder though. . .is Shin really upset because Manpei's getting attention from someone else?

Or because he's not getting attention from Manpei. . . Cunnin Onion Idea

Oh Shin-chan, you're just so cute when you're acting like a spoiled brat. . . Onion Kiss

That is so CUTE!! Shin-chan's jealous over Chiba-chan, that's something Onion Daydreaming . I wonder what was Shinpei doing at the above picture, it's like he's posing for a photo. Lol, you don't need to do that Shin-chan, you got us wrapped around your fingers, and you look DASHING in every photoshoot you do. And does Manpei look...skinnier to you? I noticed he looks like he's lost a few pounds. Shocked

And I bet Manpei would give him full attention once they're alone at home... Twisted Evil
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Hewwo! :3 Nodding

You'll never believe this, but about 5 minutes ago, I was at the end of the VERY long post that took me over 20 minutes to type out, when my computer suddenly froze which meant that I had to restart the whole thing, which means that I lost everything that I just spent nearly half an hour typing. . . Onion To Kill

I'm out of time (and patience) right now, so I'll be back in a couple of hours to try and remember everything that I typed. . . Onion Tantrum

In the meantime, here's a picture of the Twinpei's from the radio show they were guest stars on last night.

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Radios10

Be back laterz!
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Okay so, I've had time to calm down now. . .

I just can't believe I was SOOOO close to hitting the send button, when all of that long post I typed out got sent up to "cyber-heaven" T_T

Oh well. . .it's not like I have anything better to do right now. . .*shrugs*

Okay, so, about the radio show. . .

To tell the truth, I actually feel a bit guilty about waking up 2 hours earlier than I normally do, just to listen to the twins give a short interview. . .

And when I say short, I REALLY mean short. Their whole segment was about 5 minutes long. And even then, the host and co-host did most of the talking.

But for the record. . .MANNY AND SHINNY SOUND SOOOOOOOOO SEXY OVER THE RADIO!!!! Onion XD Onion Love Eyes Onion Nosebleed While I was listening to the program in bed (because I refused to get up) I actually felt little tingles going up and down my spine as they talked. . . Onion Starry Eyes

My innocent looking, baby faced Shin-chan. . .his voice is so. . .sultry Onion Blush
    And Manpei's too, of course! I actually had a little trouble telling their voices apart when they finally stopped speaking in unison. . .
    I was finally able to pinpoint that the faster talking twin was Shinpei Razz

So after the usual greeting and introductions, the hosts just jumped into talking about the Ouran movie, discussing the characters, and I guess just asked the twins their opinion on the movie, their characters, etc. And I think other than that, the only thing I really caught from the dialouge was the hosts asking the twins which one was the older twin in real life and then who played which twin in the drama.

Then after some laughing here and there, the Twinpei's thanked the hosts, thanked their fans, and said goodbye.

That's it. Neutral

All of 5 minutes, literally.

I actually waited until after the commerical break, just in case they were going to continue on with the interview, but that was the end of the segment and they went on to something completely different. . .

Before it got deleted, I actually went into a little rant about the female co-host. . .she just reminded me of a typical female Japanese host: cute, high-pitched voiced, giggled when no one had said anything funny or amusing. . .

In my rant I pointed out that here in the States, female radio and television hosts usually go for a "calm, cool and collective" attitude. Casual yet witty usually. Any excessive giggling or "cutesy" and naive mannerisms would be considered an embarrassment to all woman-kind. But in Japan (and Korea too) that seems to be the norm. . .and I just the feminist in me finds that a bit demeaning and sexist (and even irritating to a certain degree). Onion Stress Load

I mean, do Japanese people really find that sort of thing appealing? If female TV and radio hosts spoke in a normal tone, refrained from wearing clothes that most girls wouldn't wear after age 18, and just acted their age. . .would people honestly find that offensive and say that she was acting "too masculine"? confused

But I'm getting off topic. . .

Anyway, I'm hoping that win the twins appear on that television show on Wedensday that they'll get a decent amount of air time. I have no idea what the show is about, so I guess I'll find out then. . .

ALSO!

Ryu Rena wrote: And does Manpei look...skinnier to you? I noticed he looks like he's lost a few pounds.

To be honest. . .I really can't tell. . .

I have noticed a change in he and Shin's facial features over the past year or so; I've seen some photos of Shin looking more gaunt and less chubby. . . Onion Attacked by Te
    I don't want to say that all skinny guys look alike to me but. . .*snickersnicker*
    I remember when I first read that interview with Shinpei and he said that he lost 11 pounds to play the role of Hikaru. I was like:

"WHAT???! You mean it's possible for you to weight less than you already do?? Onion Outrage "

I was just telling my sister a few days ago that the day the twins say that they're going to gain like 10-15 pounds for a movie or TV role is the day I run into my front yard in broad daylight and do my "Dance of Joy". Which is pretty much every dance known to man combined (so imagine if you will, me doing the Running Man, the salsa, the shimmy and the Moonwalk all at once Onion Laugh )

As gorgeous as they are, I honestly think they would be at their peak of sexiness if they put on a few pounds. Especially if they decide to turn that extra weight into muscle. And if they were to dye their hair black again on top of that?? Gleaming Onion Eyes

No one will ever be able to say that they look like teenagers after that!!

That's all for me now. . .give me some feed back ladies! Cool
    SariLee
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Twins appreciation - Page 22 Empty Re: Twins Appreciation

Post by SariLee Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Before it got deleted, I actually went into a little rant about the female co-host. . .she just reminded me of a typical female Japanese host: cute, high-pitched voiced, giggled when no one had said anything funny or amusing. . .

In my rant I pointed out that here in the States, female radio and television hosts usually go for a "calm, cool and collective" attitude. Casual yet witty usually. Any excessive giggling or "cutesy" and naive mannerisms would be considered an embarrassment to all woman-kind. But in Japan (and Korea too) that seems to be the norm. . .and I just the feminist in me finds that a bit demeaning and sexist (and even irritating to a certain degree). Onion Stress Load

I mean, do Japanese people really find that sort of thing appealing? If female TV and radio hosts spoke in a normal tone, refrained from wearing clothes that most girls wouldn't wear after age 18, and just acted their age. . .would people honestly find that offensive and say that she was acting "too masculine"? confused

You know, I love Japan. I really, really do, and to be honest, I find most aspects of the country to be better than America (obviously, I'm quite proud to be American...), but this cutesy thing has me baffled.

Seriously. A thirty-five year old woman giggling and wearing mini-skirts and having funky hair...it's a bit much. I get that that's how a lot of women act in their society, but I think I speak for everyone when I say "WHY?!" What's the point? When do they eventually start acting their own age? Maybe the women there have an "act youthful to stay youthful" philosophy, but I think the way they go about it is a bit...extreme.

Women co-hosts in America are very calm, cool, and together, and it's pretty easy to figure out how old they are just by looking at them. It's more difficult to do that when someone's not acting their age. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about going to Japan next time. I'm pretty laid-back and carefree, and the girliest I get on an average day is make-up and maybe a nice shirt. I can't help but wonder if they're going to find me very intimidating or tomboyish when I get over there. I mean, to be surrounded by a bunch of high-pitched giggling girls will be an experience, I'm just afraid they're going to find me more abnormal than foreign haha....

Well that turned out longer than I intended it to be. And the twins haven't been mentioned once! Onion Sweat

So here's a question for you: do you think Man and/or Shin LIKE girls who act all cutesy and whatnot?

Personally, I feel like they'd want a bit more originality in their women, but I'm curious to know what you guys think.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

I don't really know. It could be the whole 'stay young, act young' thing or a culture who likes more cute women. Hmmmm, we may have to look into that more.

I also don't know if Man/Shin are into that sort of thing. Since they have not really been open about any(if any) dating relationships, who knows what kind of girls they go for? I respect their privacy for wanting to keep that kind of thing to themselves, BUT: TWINS Onion Yellow Card we must know all about your private lives!!! So, start talking about it!!!!!! Or not. Who knows, one of them may just spontaneously get married without any press (or us) knowing about their relationship. And then the universe will implode from all the temper tantrums of us fan girls Onion Tantrum Onion Laugh

SariLee, I kind of understand your point. I am also not a total girly-girl. I wear skirts, long skirts, all the time, love pink and what not, but I tend to be very outspoken and my outfits can be a bit random. Who knows what Japanese people would think of me. Also, I am very tall, so they might just stare at me for that reason Razz
    ghoul-girl
    ghoul-girl
    Commoner

Post by ghoul-girl Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

SariLee wrote:Because I'm bored and have nothing better to do with my life right now...enjoy the Takagi-related memes I just came up with! ...I need a life Wall ... Onion

I'm putting them under a spoiler tab cause there's a lot...

Spoiler:

I can't believe I just did all these... Headesk Sweatdrop

Laughing those are awesome. I especially like the yogurt one. Man and Shin are so cute Onion Daydreaming

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    For the past few months (since the Ouran drama debuted actually) I've been using Keyhole TV. It's this amazingly easy software that you download onto your computer that lets you watch media streaming live in Japan.

That's how I watched the Ouran episodes before the subtitles were available (because I just couldn't wait the one or two weeks for that to happen Neutral )

I just downloaded the software to my computer and then after everythings been setup, when you're ready to watch a program, you just open the portal and then type in what channel/TV station you want to watch (for the record almost EVERYTHING related to the twin or Ouran has been on TBS Japan).

You click on the correct channel and BOOM! you're watching whatever is airing on TBS (or whatever channel) at that moment in Japan.
    All you have to do is remember to watch your program at the time it's airing in Japan and not your own country (which is why I'm constantly racking my brain trying to remember that Tokyo is 13 hours ahead of Chicago. . . Onion Anger )

If you think you'd like to try Keyhole TV, here's the site to get started:

http://www.v2p.jp/video/english/index.html

Tell me if you decide to use it, 'kay? Surprised

Awesome! I'm going to use that too for sure to see if I can catch them on “Warau Keizai Hakusho THE Pinkiri SHOW”. I guess it'll be like 8 am here, but that's not too bad. I must fangirl! Onion Laugh

SariLee wrote:
    So here's a question for you: do you think Man and/or Shin LIKE girls who act all cutesy and whatnot?

Personally, I feel like they'd want a bit more originality in their women, but I'm curious to know what you guys think.

I agree that they'd probably like girls with a bit more originality.

By the way guys, I'm super grateful for this forum. It really helps me work on my antisocial-ness. You're all super nice Onion Bows
    Also, I didn't forget about the other painting I was going to do for you guys. I'm just having super art block of doom Onion Wipes Sweat, h

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm