Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
writtenasneu
Laila007
Tama
chrism
Careline
Isidarnipples
Cinnamonipples
Jenavieve
awesome_nipples
strife89
Raitei
demonslayermiu
Otaku-Nipples
TamakiLuver88
setolove
Fujioka Haruhi
MangaMistrezz
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
jade
annanipples
yanie
26 posters

Ouran Live-Action Support Project

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Empty Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Although I completely understand that one Jdrama series usually only consist of 11 episodes maximum, which means so many plots from the manga won't make it to the live-action. But as I'm getting more spoilers for further episodes, which is:
    Spoiler:

It finally occures to me, that TOO MANY GOOD PLOTS from the manga won't make it to the live-action! >_<

So, here's the ULTIMATE question!

Do you absolutely, absolutely love the live-action's cast and directing to the extent that you want ALL scenes in the manga to be revived in the live-action??? Do you want the drama production team to extend "Ouran" to 2-3 seasons??? Would you want to see the Boston or the Barcelona episodes to be made into a widescreen movie???

I kept thinking what can we do as foreigner fans to make that come true? Usually, a J-drama won't get any episodes extention or any special episode or any movie, if the ratings are low.

Current ratings of the live-action is 1.1%, 3.4% and 2.7% which is considered only so-so. The winning ratings for midnight show would be 6-8% I believe. I think many factors are the cause. Most fans said they'd record the show and watch it in the morning, which doesn't help the ratings at all. I think the production team perfectly understand the situation as well, that's why they established a fan club, and promised that if the fanclub members number reach 10,000, they will provide presents for the members. (so far, only 4371 fans joined) I think they're trying to measure the drama's popularity by establishing this fanclub. (and from the fan meeting they'll be holding on August 25)

But, it's obvious we cannot help to increase the ratings and we can't come to the fan meeting, as well. I kept thinking, does this mean only Japanese fans can make it happen? Foreign fans cannot do anything? No! I want foreigner fans to become their strength too. They must know already that Ouran manga fans is spread throughout the whole world. So I want them to know that Ouran live-action foreign fans EXIST as well!

Here are some of my ideas:
    1. Let's leave comments in the "Fan Message" corner in their official website!
    2. Let's join the fanclub!
    3. Let's buy Ouran live-action fanbook through online shop (if possible)!
    4. Let's buy Ouran live-action merchandise (if possible)!

Okay, first of all.

LEAVING COMMENTS in the "FAN MESSAGE" Corner of the official website.
    I think it's okay to leave a message in English. Some other Japanese sites allowed English entries for fans comments. Please don't be discouraged though they don't approve your English messages. The most important thing is, the staff SEE our support messages.
    Please use simple English so the Japanese staff can understand your message right away.
    Write ANY kind of supportive message! Tell them where you come from. Tell them that you love the cast (in details is better). Tell them the directing is awesome. Tell them you're grateful that the live-action production team respects the original manga. Tell them you'll buy the live-action DVD-box when it's out. Tell them you want to see 2-3 seasons of the live-action. Tell them you want to see a widescreen movie as sequel. Anything!^^ But of course, please consider to write the message in a polite manner^^

Here's how.
    1. Go to: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/
    2. Click the "fan message" button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project1a

3. On the "fan message" page, click that button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project1

4. "Agreement" page will comes on. It says that it will take awhile before your message is displayed, especially during midnights and weekends. Also you can't write any comment regarding serious matters, like copyrights, or personal comments about the TV station group, or certain staff, etc. Just click that button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project2

5. Fill in this form. Then click the "preview" button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project3

6. "Preview check" page will comes on. Click the "send" button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project4

7. Notice page will comes on. Just close it and you're DONE!!

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project5

Second effort.

JOINING THE FANCLUB
    We won't be able to know whether or not they accept us as a member. But at least, we're trying right?

1. Go to: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/info/fanclub.html
    2. Click that button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project6

3. This window will pop-up. Just Fill in the form. For the names, you don't have to fill the "katakana" part. The address selections is Japan's address only, so you can leave that out. You may give your real phone numbers if you want to, but if you don't feel like it, just fill in false numbers... that is required to be filled, you won't be able to submit your form if you don't fill the phone parts. Same goes to the email address parts. No need to fill the profession space, but you may do so, if you can read kanji-s^^ You can also fill in for your friend, in the same type of form spaces. For the fan meeting question, just click NO. But of course, if you can actually come, don't hesitate to click YES!^^ Click the preview button.

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project7

4. Confirm contents page will comes on, just click this button. And you're SET!

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Ouran-support-project8

Regarding how to buy the fanbook and the live-action merchandise. I'll try to search later.

Please show your support if you want to see MORE live-action of Ouran!!!^O^

Basically, this is a "Please Extend Ouran Live-action to 2-3 Seasons!" campaign, hehe.
    annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by annanipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:27 pm

AWWWWW THIS IS BRILLIANT, YANIE, THANK YOU! Big Laugh
    They'll hear from me tomorrow morning. I promise y'all. I'll tell them how much I love this show and how much I want 60 episodes and 5 specials a movie trilogy. WHOOHOO! cheers
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Wow, thanks for all the advice for everyone! That's a great list of stuff to do to show our support <3 Hug

(BTW, I've already joined the fanclub and pre-ordered 2 Ouran photobooks... LOL)
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:37 pm

I'm so disappointed that the live action will have only 11 episodes and will barely cover the manga... in the Takagi twins interview they mentioned that both of their characters fall in love with Haruhi and I thought they were really going to go that far into the manga. Since Bisco Hatori had told the crew to make it their own drama, maybe the ending will be different too?

Anyways, I posted on their message page a long time ago before the show even aired where I told them that many people from other countries outside Japan will be watching the show. I think it was the first English message posted on there! I also signed up for the fan club just now, thanks for the instructions.

I've found only one link to order the photobook. It will be made available on August 31 but you can pre-order: http://www.shufu.co.jp/books/detail/978-4-391-63225-5
    KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Post by KaoruHitachiin Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:05 pm

DONE! hopefully they'll know we love the live-action Very Happy
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Ahhh.....this is such a great idea!!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ouran can't be 11 episodes long! Auntie doesn't allow it!!!!! Wink I'll literally go to Japan myself and strangle their necks if they think of doing that!!!!!Grrrrr... Evil or Very Mad
    I already sent them a message and joined their fanclub. I'm thinking of sending 10 more messages later (as different people, that is) and I also got my friends and some of my relatives to send them messages as well (half of them doesn't even know what Ouran is, but will just do it for me). I can't buy anything online, so this is all I can do.

Let's pray that Ouran will have at least 80+ episodes or 8+ seasons!!!!!!!!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:27 pm

jade wrote:Wow, thanks for all the advice for everyone! That's a great list of stuff to do to show our support <3 Hug
    Glad everyone agree this is a good idea. I was worried this would sound stupid XD

If you have more ideas on how to show them our support, please share ne~

jade wrote:(BTW, I've already joined the fanclub and pre-ordered 2 Ouran photobooks... LOL)
    There are TWO types of photobooks??O_o I only know ONE! Please lead us the the way! XD (the links I mean, hehe)

Nipples Admin wrote:Since Bisco Hatori had told the crew to make it their own drama, maybe the ending will be different too?
    That might be right. But I haven't heard anything about the final episode, and they haven't officially announced about how many episodes this drama will be. So we STILL HAVE A CHANCE!!! Let's show them our love!^o^

Nipples Admin wrote:Anyways, I posted on their message page a long time ago before the show even aired where I told them that many people from other countries outside Japan will be watching the show. I think it was the first English message posted on there!
    Ahhh.... that's a very good news! This means they accept English messages! Yoshh, minnaaaaa.... let's do this!!

And yes, we can post messages over and over! So everyone, let's post message everytime an episode is done airing. (just don't spam them, ok? lol)

Nipples Admin wrote:I've found only one link to order the photobook. It will be made available on August 31 but you can pre-order: http://www.shufu.co.jp/books/detail/978-4-391-63225-5
    Thank you so much for this info!!^o^ I wonder why HMV isn't selling this book Sad
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Scholarship Student

Location : Hiding from Tamaki-sen--crap, he found me xjhfdg LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD

Post by Fujioka Haruhi Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Wonderful idea! I will be leaving a message and joining the fanclub now. ^_^
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Really too bad... the merchandise is selling on TBS iShop, but it won't send overseas, for Japan residence only Sad

http://ishop.tbs.co.jp/tbs/org/drama/ouran/?xadid=90032

Goods list:
    Necktie 1800yen
    Commoner's Coffee 473yen
    Honey Caramel 630yen
    Clear file 525yen
    Mirror 840yen
    Cellphone strap 525yen
    Ouran Fielden Chocolate 735yen

If you have an acquaintance in Japan or have some friends who is going for a trip to Japan, maybe you can ask their help to buy these goods ^_^ They're available TBS Shop in TBS building at Akasaka, also at TBS Shop in Tokyo Station.

I'll definitely buy the photobook online though!^o^
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh before I forget, please remember to thank the producer in your messages. Producers are the ones who has control of all decisions. So we better make them happy XD
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 pm

yanie wrote:
    jade wrote:(BTW, I've already joined the fanclub and pre-ordered 2 Ouran photobooks... LOL)
    There are TWO types of photobooks??O_o I only know ONE! Please lead us the the way! XD (the links I mean, hehe)

Haha, I WISH Very Happy No, I mean I ordered 2 of the same photobook~ One is for me, and the other is for Oddy when she gets to Japan next month XDD
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Ahh, I see... haha, OK Very Happy
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:26 am

Yattaaaa~~ My message is approved! And an English message! Was that you, MangaMistrezz??? Love your message!

Minna-!! Let's ganbatte and keep sending in the msgs, ne~ ^O^
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:35 am

Oh wow!!! *__________________*
    I'm definitely sending them a message and tell them just how great I think they are! <33333333333333
    Thank you so much for the instructions!

Ah my friend just came from Japan but I didn't know where they sold those Ouran goods so she couldn't buy them for me!!! *cries* I also wanted her to buy some Manpei and Shinpei goodies that they sell but I was too late again. OTL

I'll do my best to continue to support Ouran though! I'm definitely buying the box set and I'm going to pre-order the photobook soon! <33333333333333333

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

Nipples Admin wrote:I've found only one link to order the photobook. It will be made available on August 31 but you can pre-order: http://www.shufu.co.jp/books/detail/978-4-391-63225-5
    Apparently we can pre-order thru YesAsia too!^^
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/%E6%A1%9C%E8%98%AD%E9%AB%98%E6%A0%A1%E3%83%9B%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E9%83%A8-official-photo-album/1024751280-0-0-0-en/info.html

Oh, and HMV too! Yay!
    http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/4162922
    TamakiLuver88
    Commoner

Post by TamakiLuver88 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:47 am

I dont know foreign languages so how do i send message?
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am

Thanks so much~! I left a message, using my nipples-nickname Wink
    I also joined the fanclub! Fingers crossed they do more seasons! I really want more episodes! Yahhh!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am

Oh and I'd definitely buy a photobook is it can come overseas!!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 am

yanie wrote:Yattaaaa~~ My message is approved! And an English message! Was that you, MangaMistrezz??? Love your message!

Minna-!! Let's ganbatte and keep sending in the msgs, ne~ ^O^

OOH! You saw my message?! affraid CCOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!! Very Happy Yay! This is one step closer for us foreigners making a difference in Ouran!!!Smile I'm so happy! I just sent another message- this time I got one of my classmates to translate it into japanese (she's a japanese foreigner) so I made sure to make it nice, long and informative-but also appreciative.

The messages I sent are under Nikki and Cryz

Come on guys! Show your appreciation and support to Ouran! cheers
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:33 am

KYAAAA~! My message got approved~!

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Screen14
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 am

Okay...I feel stupid, but...uh, where can I read the messages? I can't understand japanese.... Embarassed
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 am

Apparently the photo book is available through cdjpan now~!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-988644#

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:05 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:Okay...I feel stupid, but...uh, where can I read the messages? I can't understand japanese.... Embarassed
    Just go here: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/msg/msg02/log_001.html

The other English msg (besides Otaku-Nipples) is right at the bottom of that page, just scroll down^^ The nickname is アシュリ. Is that yours?
    annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am

Just sent in my message as well! Big Laugh
    COME ON, YOU GUYS, LET'S DO THIS!
    TamakiLuver88
    Commoner

Ouran Live-Action Support Project Empty help!

Post by TamakiLuver88 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:21 pm

yanie wrote:
    MangaMistrezz wrote:Okay...I feel stupid, but...uh, where can I read the messages? I can't understand japanese.... Embarassed
    Just go here: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/msg/msg02/log_001.html

The other English msg (besides Otaku-Nipples) is right at the bottom of that page, just scroll down^^ The nickname is アシュリ. Is that yours?

How can those who cant read/ understand japanese send a message? is there a translation for us to understand and be able to send message?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:50 pm