Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
writtenasneu
Laila007
Tama
chrism
Careline
Isidarnipples
Cinnamonipples
Jenavieve
awesome_nipples
strife89
Raitei
demonslayermiu
Otaku-Nipples
TamakiLuver88
setolove
Fujioka Haruhi
MangaMistrezz
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
jade
annanipples
yanie
26 posters

Ouran Live-Action Support Project

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 5 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by yanie Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:Hmmm...I'm gonna do that. I wanna request they put up the video with the fan meeting and the Ouran movie announcement. I really wanna watch it badly- based on the interview, it's sounds fun! I'll get my japanese friend to translate it for me.
    Actually the producer already mentioned in his latest diary entry that they'll upload pictures and videos of the fans meeting in the official site soon^^

MangaMistrezz wrote:The movie is being made by Sony Pictures Entertainment, right?
    As far as I know, TBS will be producing the movie, just as the drama. Sony Pictures will only be playing the role as a film distributor.

MangaMistrezz wrote:Also, if there is a really popular drama, they would actually send the actors from their country to come visit here

Oh yes, I remember Nodame Cantabile cast came to Hongkong to promote the movies. If I'm not mistaken, GANTZ leading actors also attended the Comic Con in the US? If Ouran become a success, I'm sure it'll happen the same. Our task is to spread the Ouran virus to everyone around us, to make sure Ouran can be internationally success XD

Nipples Admin wrote:I just wanted to quote you because I was glad to see even Japanese fans noticing our influx of English messages! Nice to see everyone's efforts being recognized.
    The Japanese fans talked about us from time to time, actually Wink Another mention I remember was,

"This manga has so many foreign fans, I actually think there's more foreign fans than Japanese fans of this manga. I saw the foreigners fans on the official homepage asking them to make sequels."

"Sou, sou. I saw fans from England, America, France, Indonesia, China, Korea, Taiwan! Seem like the drama has good reputation as well, among them."

However, there was once also Japanese fans who got upset, accidentally saw the bashings from foreigners... T_T I think they were saying something like,

"Since the anime is so popular among foreigners, seem like they're upset about this drama. I saw many comments saying that Asians shouldn't be playing anime characters. But somehow there's no complains about Haruhi..."

"Really? From what I've seen, seem like they give quite positive comments so far, just like the Japanese,"

"And yet they messed up Dragon Ball, look who's talking. Since the anime characters are suppose to be Asians, what's so wrong about Asians playing the characters??"

Some people with negative comments have really smeared our faces, eh??

Oh well... I don't like talking abt haters, so I'll stop here.

Nipples Admin wrote:I checked the Funimation site and found out that they do license some live action films. If you go to this page: http://www.funimation.com/shows and scroll down to "All Shows", there is a "live action" section under genre. One of them is a movie based off of a manga/anime that they have dubbed before (Mushi-Shi). Should we try contacting them to release Ouran in the US?
    I think you should!!^o^ But we better wait up... I mean, they haven't even start shooting the movie scenes yet XD

Perhaps, we can start the "Ouran Movie Goes International" project, 3 months before the movie premiere in Japan... like in December?

But I don't know... I really hope someone here knows the film distributor industry well, so we'd clearly know what to do here XD I'm quite clueless about this stuff.
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 5 Empty Re: Ouran Live-Action Support Project

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 pm

yanie wrote:
    The Japanese fans talked about us from time to time, actually Wink Another mention I remember was,

"This manga has so many foreign fans, I actually think there's more foreign fans than Japanese fans of this manga. I saw the foreigners fans on the official homepage asking them to make sequels."

"Sou, sou. I saw fans from England, America, France, Indonesia, China, Korea, Taiwan! Seem like the drama has good reputation as well, among them."

However, there was once also Japanese fans who got upset, accidentally saw the bashings from foreigners... T_T I think they were saying something like,

"Since the anime is so popular among foreigners, seem like they're upset about this drama. I saw many comments saying that Asians shouldn't be playing anime characters. But somehow there's no complains about Haruhi..."

"Really? From what I've seen, seem like they give quite positive comments so far, just like the Japanese,"

"And yet they messed up Dragon Ball, look who's talking. Since the anime characters are suppose to be Asians, what's so wrong about Asians playing the characters??"

Some people with negative comments have really smeared our faces, eh??

Oh well... I don't like talking abt haters, so I'll stop here.

Oh well...I knew that if foreigners got invovled with Ouran, it would get mixed reviews. You can't please everyone. But I'm proud to say that I'm not one of those people who wanted the drama to be acted out by foreingers...
    (Okay...maybe Tamaki, but not anymore! I love Yusuke!) And I'm pretty sure foreigners weren't bashing asian people playing anime characters. I think they were bashing the actors themselves- because of their looks, not ethnicity. But I do hope the US don't make an adaption of Ouran (I know I've said it many times, but I really DON'T want that to happen! I saw Dragonball- and it really did suck.)

Perhaps, we can start the "Ouran Movie Goes International" project, 3 months before the movie premiere in Japan... like in December?

Hmm....That sounds like a good idea. It can be our Christmas project! For now, we should just plan out HOW we're gonna do it. I have a friend who knows about the film industry- he makes movies and wons prizes from around Asia for his movies. Maybe I can ask him when he comes back from Malaysia.

I wish the Ouran cast knew about this forum. They would definitely be happy about all the supporters they have here- foreign or japanese. I think this is the only website where there's no Ouran Live Action haters around.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Another wonderful thing about this forum is that we're completely worldwide. We really need to make a map of where everyone on the forum lives, at least in terms of countries. >w<
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:Another wonderful thing about this forum is that we're completely worldwide. We really need to make a map of where everyone on the forum lives, at least in terms of countries. >w<
    '

It would be interesting to see how international this forum really is... Idea

The TBS website just updated again! So congratulations to Zoe and Super-happy Emily! Your ENGLISH messages were approved!!! And also congrats to Antoinette and Fern too! Your FRENCH (I think it's french) messages were also approved! I'm very happy to know that they will also approve messages in languages other than japanese and english. I'm gonna send a tagalog message soon. Ooh....I love how our support in this drama really does make a difference! I feel very contented right now... Onion :3 Sigh
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:16 pm

It would not be Ouran if it was played by foreigners!
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:50 am

It'd be more promising if the film was being distributed by Warner Bros or something. (chose Warner Bros because they're the ones who were behind the Death Note films, and that's fairly widespread). I think there's not really much to do except keep supporting in places they can see. Eventually they'll probably make a website for the movie and we go probably go there. But if we 'campaign' too hard, it might have a detrimental effect. Things like mapping out where everyone is would be good to show an international fanbase..or maybe like, a petition?
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:29 am

Isidarnipples wrote:Things like mapping out where everyone is would be good to show an international fanbase..
    Hmm... I've been thinking about this. I think we can do this with Google Map right? I remember a fandom I was in, did that with Google Map, but I don't know how. I only let the admin know where I live, and she was the one who added me and my location on the Google Map (something like an account created for the fandom).
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Do you mean like the thing shown about 16 seconds in to this video? With the different markers on different parts of the world and all that.

If so, it doesn't look too difficult. I might have a fiddle with it to see how it all works (oo-er).
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:02 pm

(^) That sounds like a great idea!!!^_^ We should do it! But someone else has to set it up- I tried to do it myself, but I'm having problems with the map. We should name it 'Ouran Live Action Nipplechatters!' And in the description box, you should add in 'please don't put your exact location, just put the country or state you live in'. Cause in the end, this is still the internet and there are alot of crackpots online.
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:49 pm

cheesyfleas wrote:Do you mean like the thing shown about 16 seconds in to this video? With the different markers on different parts of the world and all that.
    Yeah, I think that's it!^o^ Should we do this? Perhaps we shld wait for the others' opinions first, esp. from the admins of this forum?

MangaMistrezz wrote:We should name it 'Ouran Live Action Nipplechatters!'
    That sounds great!^^ But not all the forum members here are nipple chatters. And if someday we would like to show Ouran liveaction's producer this map, we should make up easier-to-understand name, like "Ouran Live Action Fans Around The World"? Just my 2 cents^^

MangaMistrezz wrote:And in the description box, you should add in 'please don't put your exact location, just put the country or state you live in'. Cause in the end, this is still the internet and there are alot of crackpots online.
    Agreed!^^
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:14 am

yanie wrote:
    cheesyfleas wrote:Do you mean like the thing shown about 16 seconds in to this video? With the different markers on different parts of the world and all that.
    Yeah, I think that's it!^o^ Should we do this? Perhaps we shld wait for the others' opinions first, esp. from the admins of this forum?

I'll go ask them now!

yanie wrote:
    MangaMistrezz wrote:We should name it 'Ouran Live Action Nipplechatters!'
    That sounds great!^^ But not all the forum members here are nipple chatters. And if someday we would like to show Ouran liveaction's producer this map, we should make up easier-to-understand name, like "Ouran Live Action Fans Around The World"? Just my 2 cents^^

Ahhh...that's a great idea! I was only thinking about the fans in THIS forum...but it's better if we include outside forums as well. I think we should call it 'Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide' And in a smaller font, use the japanese version. Like this (feel free to correct cause I used google translate):

Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide!
    世界桜蘭実写ファン!
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:02 am

Guyss, don't be silly. You don't need our permission to do this. (And Ele - Cinnamonipples - and I were suggesting it too.

I like the idea of calling it 'Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide' with the Japanese translation too. And that we'd tell people to do it by country or city/state. And I guess after we have enough on the map, we can link it in leaving comments/fan messages (or maybe tweet the link to their twitter, or even Bisco Hatori's twitter)? Or just spreading the word to all other fansites and facebook groups.

I'm really curious as to how many fans there are, and where.
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:37 am

Right, just very quickly set up the bones of it. Hopefully this works...

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050

I think it's set to anyone being able to edit it (so long as they have a Google account, perhaps?) so have a fiddle.

Edit: Firefox seems to be having trouble with that link, but it works in Internet Explorer and Chrome.
    Edit #2: Are we going to be just putting locations, or adding our names as well? And if names, is that screennames or nicknames or real names or what? I don't think we should use real names, though. At any rate, you can easily edit the things after you've placed them, so...
    Edit #3: Oh bloody hell, the link seems to change slightly every time I do something to this. Does anyone know if there's a perma-link somewhere or some such, so I don't have to keep editing this?
    Edit #4: The link doesn't change if you just add another placemark. So safe for now, until we start changing the title and description and things.
    Edit #5: It does different colours, too. Very Happy
    Ouran Live-Action Support Project - Page 5 Google10
    And yes, it was worth another edit just for the colours.

It seems that there are generally problems with these maps and getting them to show up properly, so if it doesn't work at first try re-loading the page a few times. And yeah, it seems it only lets you edit if you're signed in to Google. So if you do have an account with them, feel free to mess around with it a bit.
    This is getting to be an insanely long post. Fabulous Tamaki

Edit #6: Have finally got that link working. Until it breaks again. Gizza yell if it's not working for you.

Last edited by cheesyfleas on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 am

If you're the one who created it, you need to save it and then go into 'my maps' and it'll give you a permanent link.

My Places > Whatever you saved the map as > Collaborate

Then you can allow anyone to edit the map (to add markers) and also it gives you a link.

Remember to make the map public and not 'unlisted'.
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:11 am

@Isidar
    Thank you! Methinks I've done all that, but though it shows up in Firefox normally it's not always working right when I sign out and try it in different browsers. It's fairly hit-and-miss, but it does work occasionally.

And I don't have another account to sign in on and make sure the everyone-edit thing is working. It doesn't let you edit when not signed in at all. So if someone could check that that's all working right, I'd be grateful.

But more importantly, how are we going to go around getting everyone's places? Should we start another thread that people can post to so it doesn't all clog up here?

(also there is no Nippleland on this map I am disappoint)
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 am

Hmm...well if you give me the link, I can try it on my account and see. And for the people who don't have google accounts, they can let someone who does know and that person can update it.. A new thread would probably be a good idea.
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 am

It's been a while since I was on this thread^^

I just want to say Congratulations to Janet, AnLa, Amy and Haibi! You're english messages were approved!!!

And now time for the rankings:
    #10- TBS website (it'll probably improve when episode 8 airs tonight!)
    #32- Dramacrazy.net (slowly, but steadily making its way to number 1!)
    #7- mysoju.com (stays the same)

The ranking of Ouran are really good- let's keep working hard! Also, should we send them a link to this forum to show the cast and crew that they are well-loved here? But I'm hesitant cause there's alot of *cough* *cough* topics in here- like the NSFW thread or some of the fanart we do- nipples and kfc. But I think they'll just be entertained. Onion XD
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:07 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:It's been a while since I was on this thread^^

I just want to say Congratulations to Janet, AnLa, Amy and Haibi! You're english messages were approved!!!

Very Happy English message approved, yay!

MangaMistrezz wrote:The ranking of Ouran are really good- let's keep working hard! Also, should we send them a link to this forum to show the cast and crew that they are well-loved here? But I'm hesitant cause there's alot of *cough* *cough* topics in here- like the NSFW thread or some of the fanart we do- nipples and kfc. But I think they'll just be entertained. Onion XD

Oh god. And the gay off.

...the nsfw thread is probably expected though. I reckon the wierdest thing here is probably the KFC thing. I don't know whether to be proud or..

I REGRET NOTHING

(This emoticon alone will be a source of bafflement)
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:54 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:It's been a while since I was on this thread^^

I'm Amy YAY~!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:53 pm

I just sent TONS of messages to TBS (the Ouran live action website) and gave them a link to this site. I was hesitant at first cause of all the....certain threads we have and pics we share (Hell, on the top it says "Ouran Live Action Forum...where girl's cry and panties fly!") but I decided to send in the link anyway. Maybe the cast will be entertained and would be in a good mood for shooting the movie! Also, maybe they might make a comment themselves here!!!!....A girl can dream... Onion Sleepy Time
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:48 pm

oh my god you guys
    they could be reading our posts
    RIGHT NOW.

I'm still Yusuke's Bum aren't I.

HI YUSUKE
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:14 am

WHAT IF THEY CAN'T READ IT? WE'RE JUST A BUNCH OF WEIRDO'S WITH PICTURES.
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:36 am

Beelzenef wrote:WHAT IF THEY CAN'T READ IT? WE'RE JUST A BUNCH OF WEIRDO'S WITH PICTURES.

PICTURES OF YUSUKE'S BUM.
    Jenavieve
    Jenavieve
    Scholarship Student

Post by Jenavieve Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:04 am

Seriously, there is a FRAKKIN' MAYAN TEMPLE TO THE BUM. Onion XD
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 am

MAYAN TEMPLE BUM, OH GOD.
    WHAT IF THEY THINK WE'RE SOME KIND OF PORNO RELIGION THAT DOES BLACK MAGIC?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm