Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takagi Manpei X Takagi Shinpei X Kawaguchi Haruna Cross Talk

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Takagi Manpei X Takagi Shinpei X Kawaguchi Haruna Cross Talk Empty Takagi Manpei X Takagi Shinpei X Kawaguchi Haruna Cross Talk

Post by jade

Takagi Manpei X Takagi Shinpei X Kawaguchi Haruna
    A girl’s desire! What if twins fell in love with her?

Translated by jade

These are the affectionate twins Hitachiin Hikaru and Kaoru who are played by Takagi Shinpei and Manpei. They’re in love with Haruhi, played by Haruna. Bu~t, what would she do if twins really fell in love with her~? Oooh~ <3

She can tell which one is which just from their voices. Perfect!

Manpei: Haruna can already tell us apart perfectly, can’t you?
    Haruna: Of course I can!
    Shinpei: Can you tell with just our voices?
    Haruna: Yeah, I can. I’ll close my eyes, so try to say something.
    Manpei: Haruhi!
    Haruna: U~um… once more!
    Shinpei: One time, coming up (laugh)
    Manpei: Ha~ruhi!
    Haruna: I got it! It’s Manpei!
    Twins: Ooooh, correct~!
    (And no matter how many times they did it, she got it right!)
    Haruna: Hey, it was perfect, right? Isn’t it cool?
    Manpei: But everyone has generally become able to get it by now, haven’t they? Even Daito and Yusuke.
    Shinpei: How is my voice different from Manpei’s?
    Haruna: U~uh, well, Shinpei’s voice is calmer.
    (She said as she looked at Manpei)
    Shinpei: Eh? Me? Me?
    Haruna: Oh, I’m backwards (laugh) Manpei’s tone of voice is calmer (laugh)
    Shinpei: Now I’m sad. She says my name but she doesn’t even look in my direction.
    Manpei: I’m surprised, too. I was thinking, “Why is she looking in my eyes and saying ‘Shinpei’”? (laugh)
    Haruna: Sor~ry (laugh) When all 3 of us are together, we’re always doing weird things.
    Manpei: We often act like *manzai comedians and laugh at stupid things (laugh)
    Haruna: You just now realized that, didn’t you? (laugh)
    Shinpei: Are you talking about **K? (laugh)
    Haruna: **AD, and he’s funny (laugh)
    Shinpei: He’s always fighting off drowsiness. And sometimes he dramatically passes out (laugh)
    Manpei: And when he does that, Haru cracks up laughing. But without holding back, all 3 of us act will like K.
    Haruna: But Daito is the best at it (laugh).
    Manpei: But around here, it’s best if everyone can be spontaneous.
    Haruna: Yeah, yeah. When everyone comes together spontaneously, I think the atmosphere gets really warm.
    Shinpei: We all end up eating together and stuff, too.
    Manpei: Since Haru has this natural and free air about her, we can be like that, too, huh?
    Shinpei: Yeah. Haru seems different from any other school girl. That’s what everyone says.
    Manpei: Maybe you can call it being ‘boyish’, but it’s good.
    Haruna: I’m often called blunt. But I’d like to become girlish.
    Manpei: You want to become girlish?
    Haruna: To be really girlish is to be cute, right? But even when I try to be that way, I can’t manage it, so I think ‘well, I’ll just be myself’

When it’s just the two of us without everyone else, it’s lonely

Shinpei: Recently Manpei and I were flirting during the health check… ah, this was for filming.
    Manpei: Of course! (laugh) If we were actually flirting, it’d be disgusting.
    Shinpei: The two of us we were taking off each other’s clothes like this, and there was no one else around; since it was a scene with only us, it was lonely.
    Manpei: It felt like a really long time.
    Shinpei: In that moment, it was like isolation.
    Manpei: It was sad. When the scene ended, and everyone came strolling in…
    Shinpei: It was a relief. They told us, “We were watching it on the monitor, and it was interesting.” When I saw everyone’s faces, I felt at ease.
    Haruna: Lately we’ve all been playing alphabet word games. For example, if you pick two letters like K and B, you make words or sentences that start with K and B. You use your head, but it’s fun.
    Shinpei: The best one they say I’ve made was when the topic was “happiness and KN”. I raised my hand and said “konishiki (swollen belly) and ninshin (pregnancy)”.
    Haruna: And then everyone agreed and said, “that’s happy, that’s happy!” (laugh)
    Shinpei: Then someone said, “Let’s do sadness,” so I raised my hand again and said, “konishiki and ninshin” again.
    Haruna: Everyone was like, “That’s sad, that’s sad! Ah, it’s both!” (laugh) When we went to the beach, Nakamura and Daito played shiritori.
    Manpei: And then there was this game where we had a pole stuck in the sand, and you had to pull away the sand without making the pole fall over. Daito lost so he had to do an impression (laugh)
    Haruna: Because he said, “I can do an impression of anyone,” and we said “anyone?”
    Shinpei: So we were like, “Well, then EXILE’s dancer USA,” and requested someone really hard to do (laugh)
    Manpei: But Daito’s specialty is Inoue Yousui, right? (laugh)
    Haruna: Yeah, it is Yousui! (laugh)
    Shinpei: Every now and then he’ll come on set as Yousui (laugh)
    Manpei: He did it too much once, so even during the real performance in filming, instead of Kyoya, he slipped into Yousui (laugh)
    Haruna: Every day is fun and I don’t like when we’re done filming for the day. It’s like, “We have to go home already?” The next day, I can’t wait to see everyone.

We like the same type, and our first love was with the same person

Manpei: I can feel it on the set this time as well, that there can be friendship between men and women. I think there can also be love that’s born from friendship, too, though. Is that just me?
    Shinpei: Well, you and I don’t have a love, you know.
    Haruna: Even on set, the twins have serious fights. Like, “Ugh, Shinpei, we really don’t.” (laugh)
    Manpei: That’s ‘cause Shinpei will stand in front of me and cover me up so I’m like, “Jerk, don’t stand in front of me!”
    Shinpei: But then the way he says it pisses me off, too.
    Haruna: It’s scary! (laugh) So have you ever both liked the same person like the twins in the drama?
    Manpei: Yeah, we have. Our first love was like that.
    Haruna: Ehh~ you both liked the same girl?
    Manpei: Yep. And I’m the one that confessed. But I was turned down.
    Haruna: You were cool (laugh)
    Manpei: Right?
    Shinpei: Don’t say, “Right?”! (laugh)
    Manpei: All the guys liked her. She was like everyone’s idol.
    Shinpei: Out of the entire grade, she was the only one that braided her hair like this (in two high pigtails). She was in the same class as Manpei.
    Manpei: I was the only one to say, “Let’s play together,” and I think that when we were playing, I said, “I like you.” Everyone discussed it with me, and they’d told me I couldn’t say that I liked her. But at the time I confessed, it was already a rumor so I got strongly rejected.
    Shinpei: It was devastating. Like, “Why, Manpei? Why did you do that?” Our first love was in 4th grade…
    Manpei: But I confessed in 7th grade. From 4th grade to 7th grade, I’d liked her all that time.
    Shinpei: So ya ain’t cool (laugh)
    Manpei: We like the same type. Once, I watched the girl I was dating cling to Shinpei in the foyer (laugh).
    Haruna: Eh, that’s messed up. It’s like a soap opera!
    Shinpei: It seemed to me that her eyes were bad.
    Manpei: That’s a lie! (laugh)
    Shinpei: When I put on my sneakers, she came up from behind me and I was like, “What?” That’s what Manpei saw from the shadows (laugh)
    Haruna: Manpei, were you pissed off?
    Manpei: I said, “What the hell are you doing?” (laugh)
    Haruna: Scary! (laugh)
    Manpei: What would you do if you got a confession from twins?
    Haruna: Well, I think I could properly choose one of them. Their personalities would be completely different, so I’d know.
    Manpei: But wouldn’t it be hot? From twins?
    Shinpei: Well? Or would it be annoying?
    Haruna: No, I guess I’d be happy. ‘Cause even though they’re twins, they’re still different people, right?
    Shinpei: If we both really tried to show you our good points, I think it’d be hard for you (laugh)
    Manpei: I think I’d want you do be able to see the similarities and the differences in our faces. In the case of Hikaru and Kaoru, Hikaru actively goes after romance, but Kaoru…
    Haruna: is reserved.
    Manpei: That’s probably the way I am, too. I’d probably yield.
    Shinpei: I wouldn’t yield, and even being able to yield is a bit distasteful to me.
    Manpei: For romance with twins, be careful that you don’t get them mixed up. That’s important. Because I was shocked (laugh) After that, I think you should see them as two very different people and never compare them. In the past, I went out on a double date with Shinpei, and the girl said, “Huh? Shinpei’s treating, but Manpei’s not treating?” Then we broke up (laugh)
    Shinpei: What? That little incident? You know, you’re really talking about us today.
    Manpei: I brought up a pretty sad memory (laugh)
    Haruna: You two are seriously different (laugh)
    Manpei: And in the drama, I want to act out the tangled involvement with Haru.
    Haruna: Yeah, I’m looking forward to that.
    Shinpei: It seems like we’ll be even closer friends soon!

------
    *manzai - It's a type of stand-up comedy that involves two people trading jokes back and forth really quickly and usually in the Kansai dialect. One person is a serious man (called 'tsukkomi') and the other is a funny or stupid man (called 'boke'). Most of the jokes are misunderstandings, double-talk, puns and other word humor. The closest thing Western culture has to this is the 1940s-1950s comedy duo Abbott & Costello, and their signature "Who's on First?" routine.

** K & AD - I'm not sure, but I think they're famous manzai comedians.
    Share this post on: reddit

Mrs.Takagi

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:47 am by Mrs.Takagi

You rock, Jade-sama!!

Thanks so much for working hard on these translations, I love 'em!!

Although while reading it, part of me wishes that it was a live video clip because I would just like to see the twins faces/reactions to the comments and questions being said.

I found a couple of points of interest in this cross-talk, but I'm still curious to know exactly what Manpei said that shocked you so much. . .? Razz

I personally found the little backstories on the girls the twins have dated in the past fairly interesting :3 Nodding

It really is hard to predict the things that these guys are going to say/do. . .sometimes I even think that they like switching personalities from time to time LOL

Thanks again! cheers

jade

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:00 pm by jade

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    I found a couple of points of interest in this cross-talk, but I'm still curious to know exactly what Manpei said that shocked you so much. . .? Razz

Haruna: Well, I think I could properly choose one of them. Their personalities would be completely different, so I’d know.

Maybe it was so shocking to me because I know the other word choices I turned down for the bold word. Or maybe it's because Manpei just proposed the idea to a 16 year old (who is 10 years younger than he is!) that romantic interest from twins, like he and his brother, would be 'hot'... aka 'sexy' or 'erotic' Onion Nosebleed It's like he was saying "Yeah, you know their personalities are different, but that's not important. What's important here is that twins are sexy" LOL~ The smug bastard knows he's right, too! (^o^)

Then, of course, all I could do is picture having both Manpei and Shinpei trying to win my heart at the same time (like Shinpei said, if they were both trying really hard to show me only their good sides). Then I thought, "Oh yeah, Manpei said 'erotic'" and then I thought about them both being X-rated at the same time... ... ...and I think my heart just exploded in my chest. AGAIN.

Onion Love Eyes Dead Onion
    Otaku-Nipples

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 pm by Otaku-Nipples

Haruna: Everyone was like, “That’s sad, that’s sad! Ah, it’s both!” (laugh) When we went to the beach, Nakamura and Daito played shiritori.

AH! We play Shiritori~! Onion XD

IT'S LIKE HE KNOWS...He knows what fangirls think of Twins + Romance Onion Nosebleed

It was so interesting hearing about the Twins together when they like girls!

Thanks again~!
    Mrs.Takagi

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 pm by Mrs.Takagi

jade wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

Maybe it was so shocking to me because I know the other word choices I turned down for the bold word. Or maybe it's because Manpei just proposed the idea to a 16 year old (who is 10 years younger than he is!) that romantic interest from twins, like he and his brother, would be 'hot'... aka 'sexy' or 'erotic' Onion Nosebleed It's like he was saying "Yeah, you know their personalities are different, but that's not important. What's important here is that twins are sexy" LOL~ The smug bastard knows he's right, too! (^o^)

Then, of course, all I could do is picture having both Manpei and Shinpei trying to win my heart at the same time (like Shinpei said, if they were both trying really hard to show me only their good sides). Then I thought, "Oh yeah, Manpei said 'erotic'" and then I thought about them both being X-rated at the same time... ... ...and I think my heart just exploded in my chest. AGAIN.

Onion Love Eyes Dead Onion

OOOOOOHHHHHH. . . .I get it now Razz

Honestly, this is the 3rd or 4th time I've read something Manpei has said that made me go. . . Shocked "What the heck does this guy THINK about in his free time. . .?"
    LOL
    People have said before that Manpei is blunt and honest with his feelings/thoughts and (clearly) doesn't hold back. Not that I'm complaining. Very Happy

I guess it is a little off-putting that he would suggest an idea like that to a girl who's a decade younger than him. . . Laughing
    (But he's right though, twins ARE sexy!! Twisted Evil )

Having an intimate relationship with a pair of sexy twins is EVERYONES fantasy isn't it? (Both men and women I mean).

Maybe I should change my screen name to just "Mrs. Takagi" then. . .because I really do have a crush on both Man and Shin, I just chose Manpei because he's the oldest between him and his twin and I'm the oldest between me and my "twin" so it only seemed fair. . . Big Laugh

Oh wow. . . Neutral

Just now I had an vision. . .I just caught a glimpse of what it might look like to see the twins doing something 'erotic'. . . Cunnin Onion Idea

As boyish and fun-loving as they both may seem. . .something in my head is telling me that they aren't as innocent or 'squeaky clean' as their image would have us to believe. . .
    They may be choosy with their words when doing interviews and things, but I know that deep down, they still have the same thoughts and urges as any regular guy about their age.

Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed
    *dammit, where'd I put that box of tissues. . .??*
    blackbalsam

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:06 pm by blackbalsam

Thank you, jade, for translations! Smile

Manpei's straight forwardness is for sure one of his selling points and Shinpei, well, he is the lil' brother (actually, doesn't anyone know how big is the gap between Takagi brothers?).

But, I enjoyed their cross talk and as Mrs.Takagi said, I wish their was a video of this talk.
    Mrs.Takagi

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 pm by Mrs.Takagi

blackbalsam wrote:

Manpei's straight forwardness is for sure one of his selling points and Shinpei, well, he is the lil' brother (actually, doesn't anyone know how big is the gap between Takagi brothers?).

I'm not 100% sure about the gap between Manpei and Shinpei Neutral Maybe they mentioned it in the past in an interview or something. . .? (Jade might know though, she's a more advanced Takagi Expert than I am lol)

I'm assuming thought that Shinpei was probably born maybe 5 mintues or so after Manpei (I think Shin was a lot smaller than his brother when he was born though. . .)
    jade

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:18 pm by jade

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    blackbalsam wrote:

I'm not 100% sure about the gap between Manpei and Shinpei Neutral Maybe they mentioned it in the past in an interview or something. . .? (Jade might know though, she's a more advanced Takagi Expert than I am lol)

I'm assuming thought that Shinpei was probably born maybe 5 mintues or so after Manpei (I think Shin was a lot smaller than his brother when he was born though. . .)

LOL, no... even I don't know. I don't think they've EVER said how far apart they were born. If so, I haven't seen it yet (T_T)

In Hero Vision Autumn 2007, they did talk about Shin being much smaller: "Shinpei was born prematurewith low birth weight at 1900g.(4lbs 19oz). “Right after I was born, I got pneumonia.” (Shinpei) It seems his parents were really worried (T T)

Originally I translated it as "premature" because of the word they used, but he wasn't. He just had low birth weight because of fetal growth restriction. It happens often with twins... that one twin takes more nutrients which slows or halts their growth in the uterus.
    Mrs.Takagi

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:17 am by Mrs.Takagi

jade wrote:

LOL, no... even I don't know. I don't think they've EVER said how far apart they were born. If so, I haven't seen it yet (T_T)

In Hero Vision Autumn 2007, they did talk about Shin being much smaller: "Shinpei was born prematurewith low birth weight at 1900g.(4lbs 19oz). “Right after I was born, I got pneumonia.” (Shinpei) It seems his parents were really worried (T T)

Originally I translated it as "premature" because of the word they used, but he wasn't. He just had low birth weight because of fetal growth restriction. It happens often with twins... that one twin takes more nutrients which slows or halts their growth in the uterus.

Hmmm, I see.

That pretty interesting though. I always figured when it comes to twins, the first things people want to know is the gap between who was born first and born second. And since seniority between siblings seems to be more prevelant in Japan than here in the states (even with twins). . .I guess I just figured one of the twins would've pointed it out at some point. Neutral

I remember seeing that picture of Man and Shin as newborns and Shin was definitely smaller. Manpei stole all his nutrients in the womb and didn't give his brother any room to grow!! affraid

(Okay, that part kinda makes me laugh though, because even now. . .it seems like Manpei has no problem swiping Shinpei's food from him. . . Razz )

The whole fetal grown restriction might even explain why Manpei is still slightly taller than Shinpei :3 Nodding
    jade

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:31 am by jade

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Hmmm, I see.

That pretty interesting though. I always figured when it comes to twins, the first things people want to know is the gap between who was born first and born second. And since seniority between siblings seems to be more prevelant in Japan than here in the states (even with twins). . .I guess I just figured one of the twins would've pointed it out at some point. Neutral

I remember seeing that picture of Man and Shin as newborns and Shin was definitely smaller. Manpei stole all his nutrients in the womb and didn't give his brother any room to grow!! affraid

(Okay, that part kinda makes me laugh though, because even now. . .it seems like Manpei has no problem swiping Shinpei's food from him. . . Razz )

The whole fetal grown restriction might even explain why Manpei is still slightly taller than Shinpei :3 Nodding

AHAhahaha!! Onion XD You're right! Even now Man is a food thief! But I guess that's why Shin always forgives him... he's used to it, even from the womb Razz And I've always thought the same... that's likely why Manpei is a little taller now.

I guess they haven't said how far apart they were because once 'big brother' and 'little brother' is pointed out, exactly how much older or younger is irrelevant *shrug*

BTW, I love your new name, Mrs.Takagi XDD
    blackbalsam

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:11 pm by blackbalsam

Well, it's just I was sure a loooong time ago I watched a variety or read an article with twins where they were asked how much apart they are and they answered 17 min or smth...I just thought maybe someone else has seen it...or I just might have mixed up with some other twin pair. ^^;

Actually, at the age of adult ,it doesn't matter who was smaller or taller at the birth (whether it's a single lil' baby, premature or twins), because often those who are smaller catch up with "normal" kids and are as strong and "big" as any other.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 am