Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Mrs.Takagi
Tamakisnipples
usa-chan
7 posters

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best.

usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best. Empty cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best.

Post by usa-chan Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 am

seriously, you have ouran, ikemen desu ne and many other amazing cross-dressing shows, like hana kimi 2007.
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best. Empty Re: cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best.

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:47 am

lol the humor involved with cross-dressing shows I just love! The guy from Hana-Kimi who thinks he's gay most of the show, LOL!!!
    I died laughing every time he got turned on by Mizuki in any way.
    usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best. Empty Re: cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best.

Post by usa-chan Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 am

Tamakisnipples wrote:lol the humor involved with cross-dressing shows I just love! The guy from Hana-Kimi who thinks he's gay most of the show, LOL!!!
    I died laughing every time he got turned on by Mizuki in any way.
    oh my god, nakatsu. ^^
    tsk tsk, he's just.. undescribable. I loved his reaction to finding out Mizuki was a girl. *-*
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:27 am

PFFTTT that was the best. I need to re-read and watch the live action!
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 am

Hana Kimi was my first introduction into the world of 'Asian cross-dressing dramas'.

I found it online about 2 years ago and I STILL go back and re-watch it! Very Happy

(And actually, Maki Horikita pulls off cross-dressing so well, I was kinda hoping that they would've cast her as Haruhi for the live-action version).

Nakatsu reminds me of Tamaki SOOO much!

And what a coincedence, Yusuke Yamamoto was in that drama too! cheers (His character made me laugh/smile)

But anyway, yes, cross-dressing dramas are the best. ANYTHING with cross-dressing automatically makes things 10x more interesting in my opinion. Men dressing up as women, women dressing up as men. . .

It kind of shows that people don't always have to follow the stereotypes and "normal behavior" associated with their gender: That a guy can wear a wig, make up and a dress and not be any less masculine, and a woman can wear masculine clothes and not be any less feminine.

And I would personally just like to take this moment to thank all the American TV producers here in the States. Because if it weren't for their terrible reality shows, boring, cliche dramas, annoying attempts at trying to re-create American Idol (for everything from cooking, to singing, to designing clothes), and pointless music videos, I never would've gotten so fed up to the point that I decided I would rather watch Korean and Japanese dramas online and wait for subtitles, than to turn on my TV and painfully spend half an hour trying to find a decent TV show that had at least an ounce of originality and creativity still in it. . . Mad

So yeah, thank you American TV programming Very Happy
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

(And actually, Maki Horikita pulls off cross-dressing so well, I was kinda hoping that they would've cast her as Haruhi for the live-action version).

Me too, but I think they did a good job of casting anyway. >w<

and yeah I love crossdressing series and also dislike most American television.
    EXCEPT FOOD NETWORK. I COULD WATCH THAT FOR AGES (although there are some chefs I dislike).
    りんちゃん
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Post by りんちゃん Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 am

If I could be, I would totally label myself a cross-dressing fangirl. LOL. It's just an interesting play on gender and affection that you don't usually see on American television and the whole concept of it being so commonplace in Asian fiction is really cool to me.

Coffee Prince, Hana Kimi, and Ouran High School Host Club are all tied for being my favorites, though, I can't really put any of them above the other.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:19 am

Speaking of cross-dressing. . .a lot of you have probably seen this picture already, but just in case you havent. . .

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best. The_ta10

Even dressed up as girls. . .they're still pretty cute Laughing
    instantcoffee
    instantcoffee
    Commoner

Post by instantcoffee Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:57 pm

I COULD REWATCH HANA KIMI 2007 A MILLION TIMES AND STILL NEVER GET TIRED OF IT. :3 Toma's Nakatsu was so adorable and Maki was really cute.
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:Speaking of cross-dressing. . .a lot of you have probably seen this picture already, but just in case you havent. . .

cross-dressing dramas and anime are just the best. The_ta10

Even dressed up as girls. . .they're still pretty cute Laughing
    *jaw drops*
    OMG SERIOUSLY HOW ARE THEY PRETTIER THAN I AM WTF

And... Princess Princess anyone?!?! Another of my favorite cross dressing shows freaking hilarious!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm

I've started watching Coffee Prince ~! It's too cute! I really like it

I always find that the cross-dressing manga I read, like the romance is just a bit more subtle and I really like that~!
    usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

Post by usa-chan Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:18 pm

i just finished you're beautiful. i need a hug. ;'c
    such a cute ending, if ouran can make me screen kyakyakya so loudly and make me stay up extremely late on a sunday night before school, i'll be a happy girl.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:04 am