Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
enggrrl
Otaku-Nipples
trixi
7 posters

[Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season

trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

[Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season Empty [Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season

Post by trixi Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm sure there are a people out there who watch other dramas than just Ouran ^^

And as it happened, this summer season has 3 cross-dressing/male harem dramas.

So are you watching Ikemen desu ne or Hana Kimi 2011?
    What are you opinions on these dramas? Who is the best cross-dressing girl of this season? ;D
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

[Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season Empty Re: [Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I've seen Hana Kimi 2007 ... might check out the 2011 but I do love the 2007 so much Onion Blush

I've also watched Coffee Prince but that's Korean

I haven't seen the other ones for this season yet though~!
    I do love Ouran though, and Haruna is just adorable as Haruhi Onion Thumbs Up
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

[Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season Empty Re: [Discussion] The other cross-dressing dramas of this season

Post by trixi Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Otaku-Nipples wrote:I've seen Hana Kimi 2007 ... might check out the 2011 but I do love the 2007 so much Onion Blush

Yea, Hana Kimi 2007 was the second drama I ever watched so it really holds a special place in my heart xD

I've watched all the episodes of the new one but it's really difficult not to compare the two of them.
    But I really like the new Oscar xD I read on 2ch that it likely he'll be most new "Nakatsu", basically the most popular one.

And I can't hate on Miura Shohei, I think he's doing really fine ^^ but I can't stand Acchan's acting at all!! It's so weird since I really liked her in Q10 -.-''

And Ikemen desu ne, WOAH! I love that one! It makes my heart race almost as much as when I'm watching Ouran Onion Daydreaming
    enggrrl
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm also watching all three.

Ikemen Desu Ne - I've never seen the Korean version so I'm not comparing them. I think the girl is doing a decent job, but she seems a little weepy(always crying) which annoys me, but since that's the role rather than the actor I try to overlook it. But I do prefer Shu to Ren for her, even if she's only got eyes for Ren.

For Hana Kimi 2011, I try to watch it like I watch books made into shows, without comparing it to what came before. I like the new cast, they all seem to bring something different to the roles. I'm also loving the cameos of former Hana Kimi actors for those of us who watched the original. (@trixi: Thank you for the comment about her from Q10, I knew she seemed familiar!)

There's actually another cross-dressing drama, but it's not a comedy/harem type one, it's called Tempest, starring Nakama Yukie (Yankumi from Gokusen). It's a historical drama about a girl who becomes an "eunuch" to be able to study and enter the palace as a government offical in the kingdom of Okinawa. This is probably the best acted one, but since she's the most experienced actor of the group, it makes sense. I recommend this one for anyone looking for something with a little more weight than the other three. There is some romance, more of a love triangle. There's a man from Satsuma (Japan) who meets her as a young woman (before she hides her gender) who likes her, and her 'friend' who thinks she's actually a man (so the standard triangle of a cross dressing drama). Gackt also stars as a eunuch from China.
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:46 pm

enggrrl wrote:

There's actually another cross-dressing drama, but it's not a comedy/harem type one, it's called Tempest, starring Nakama Yukie (Yankumi from Gokusen). It's a historical drama about a girl who becomes an "eunuch" to be able to study and enter the palace as a government offical in the kingdom of Okinawa. This is probably the best acted one, but since she's the most experienced actor of the group, it makes sense. I recommend this one for anyone looking for something with a little more weight than the other three. There is some romance, more of a love triangle. There's a man from Satsuma (Japan) who meets her as a young woman (before she hides her gender) who likes her, and her 'friend' who thinks she's actually a man (so the standard triangle of a cross dressing drama). Gackt also stars as a eunuch from China.

I remember reading about this earlier but totally forgot to check it out. Thank you for pointing it out Very Happy
    And Nakama Yukie is a good actress so I believe this could be a good watch Very Happy And a little Gackt have never hurt anyone *droools*
    Careline
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:57 pm

I am watching hana Kimi and Ikemen too.

First to ikemen: I watched the korean version as well and I LOVE it. Both versions Very Happy

To Hana Kimi: I wasn't happy at fiurst but I think it's okay, and acchan does a great job in speaking manly.

I still wonder why Haruhi just won't say 'Boku' or 'ore' but always says 'Jibun' instead.

Btw there is another cross-dressing drama with Saki fukuda: IS.

I think she does the best job in posing as a boy!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I watched alot of J-dramas this season, but I dropped it one by one and only Ouran wins my heart. I wonder if I'm the weird one?

HanaKimi 2011: I kept recalling the old version and the old cast, watching the new one. It made me want to rewatch the old version instead and have no interest whatsoever in the new cast. Afterall, I was not a big fan of the old version anyway, in the first place, though I quite like it. (I kept watching coz I was a big fan of Toma's Nakatsu!^v^) So anyway, I dropped it after the first epi... I didn't like it.

Ikemen desu ne: The first episode was pretty good and I like the female lead alot. But I guess it takes more than just 'pretty good' for me to keep me wanting to watch for more. "Ikemen" doesn't have that oomph factor. Plus, I don't like the male lead much. So I dropped it.

"Hanawake Sisters" was pretty good too, but I kinda lost interest after Ep3.

Detective Conan seems good, and I'll definitely continue watch it later. TEMPEST too!

But still... it has been a very long time, since I'm addicted to a drama like Ouran, where I'd even wait for it impatiently enough that I'd actually watch it thru Keyhole. That really says something, coz normally I hate watching thru Keyhole XD
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:20 am

@ yanie: No...you're not weird. The only drama I love this summer is Ouran too. Everytime I watch Ikemen and Hana Kimi 2011 I can't help but compare them to the originals. Yeah they're funny...but I just can't get into them. I already dropped them both. As for Ouran, I do find myself comparing it to the manga/anime also, but it's the only one that I think surpasses my expectations and I love it for what it is- comparison or no comparison. Ouran's just amazing and I can think of no other better drama this year.

My other favorite crossdressing dramas are Hana Kimi 2007 Japan, Hana Kimi Taiwan, and Coffee Prince.
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:27 pm

yanie wrote:
    Ikemen desu ne: The first episode was pretty good and I like the female lead alot. But I guess it takes more than just 'pretty good' for me to keep me wanting to watch for more. "Ikemen" doesn't have that oomph factor. Plus, I don't like the male lead much. So I dropped it.

But still... it has been a very long time, since I'm addicted to a drama like Ouran, where I'd even wait for it impatiently enough that I'd actually watch it thru Keyhole. That really says something, coz normally I hate watching thru Keyhole XD

As for Ikemen desu ne, I also had a problem with the male lead, but if you're willing to give it another shot he gets really likable and the drama gets better in my opinion ^^

And I know what you mean about Ouran, the last drama I was so exited to watch I even watched it on Keyhole was the Quiz Show II x)
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:50 am

Hmm, that's kinda difficult.

I like Hana Kimi 2007 very, very much, because I love Ikuta Toma - and in my opinion he was the perfect Nakatsu! But you can't compare this to the manga, unfortunately. It was really, really good! I screamed with laughter. This still will be my favorite cross dressing dorama (except for Ouran, of course (; ), but Hana Kimi 2011 is more like the manga and I definitely loooooooove Yanagishita Tomo as Kayashima *-* I mean, Yusuke was good anyways, but somehow... in Hana Kimi 2011, it seems that they all have a bigger role. Before that, I didn't even know that Kayashima was Nakatsu's best friend!

So I'm satisfied with the remake, because of Tomo and his bigger role *-*

Uhm, for Ikemen desu ne... I'm not quite sure how to think about that dorama. I watched it with my boyfriend... and he seemed to like it more than me... should I worry about that? Onion Wipes Sweat, h

It was... somehow boring. I didn't like the cast and... irgs, it was too romantic. That's excatly why I like Ouran! It's not only about that girl-likes-boy-thing.

Jub, and in the end, I end up liking Hana Kimi the most... which? Uhm, both? xD' Both have their advantages and disadvantaged ^^'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am