Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamamoto Yusuke ~ solo interview

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Yamamoto Yusuke ~ solo interview Empty Yamamoto Yusuke ~ solo interview

Post by yanie

Yamamoto Yusuke as Suou Tamaki
    I'd Like to Serve the Ladies! The Number One Host Club's President

translated by yanie

I was the lead of a school drama a year ago, and after it was over, I thought "This must be the last time I'd be wearing a uniform,". But then I got the part for this drama "Ouran High School Host Club" and thought, "Waa... So it's still okay for me to wear a uniform!", so unexpected and I'm so happy. But I was shocked to hear that the manga was a best seller which sold over than 12 million copies. I felt pressure to play Tamaki who's also the face of that Host Club. So, before the filming started, I was struggling, facing the script everyday, thinking of how to say each line and the gestures, whether it's right or wrong. But as the filming started, I didn't hesitate anymore. Because I was starting to think that all I have to do now, is to perform the act with all I have, that would make the audience approve my own version of Tamaki. I felt strongly about that right after we finished filming the first episode.

In the last parts of the first episode, there was a scene where Tamaki was dripping wet protecting Haruhi from being poured by water. That time after he said "A good man in dripping water,", he declared, "You can't be a customer if you behave badly toward my fellow club member,". With these words, we can easily sum up Tamaki's feelings as "The Host Club is one team,". I felt like this line was my start switch for the drama.

Our teamwork on the set is perfect. While the Host Club's guys with Haruhi as the center, are playing our roles while having fun, the directors and filming crews are making the drama with sincerity and enthusiasm. Haruhi who looked very nervous during our first met, has perfectly blend in with us now. I've known Daito-kun since my debut period, so it feels like we're comrades, and I get along well with Masaya in private times, too. I've worked together with those two several times, so I know their traits, and how they deal with work, so it makes it easier for me. There are scenes where Tamaki would act cool and scenes where Tamaki's coolness would fail and become a laughing-stock. It's a role with a really wide range, so as I was trying to act the role, I was wondering, "Is this okay just now?", and when those two says "Yusuke, that was good!" in their Kansai dialects, it would really make me feel reassured. Also when I hesitate between two ways in reciting a line, they'd support me saying "It's absolutely that one!", it helps me alot.

Even though I went through 'trial and error' in acting the role, I do have some resemblance with Tamaki. Tamaki makes awkward jokes, and seem like me too. Though I perfectly failed in making the joke, I'd keep talking. (laughs) For that part, I don't think I have to make up the character in the drama, since I can do it naturally. Tamaki is also insensitive when it comes to romance. It reminds me of myself in junior high school. I'm acting Tamaki going roundabout when it comes to his wholehearted love for Haruhi, while recalling myself in those days, thinking, "When will Haruhi and Tamaki kiss? I wish they'd hurry realize their love for each other,".

The most memorable filming must be the beach scene in Episode 5, for me. It was a very good weather that day, so it was really hot, but we got to film good shots under the sunlight.
    The men and the ladies' skin are exposed, since it's a beach, afterall. I think the audience can look forward to that part too. There was a scene where I saved Haruhi from drowning in the sea. I personally like that scene alot. I totally understand Tamaki's feelings wanting to save an important fellow club member, and his feelings trying to save the person he loves, as a man. And those feelings were like fading in and out during the scene.
    Later at night, after the filming was over, the cast and the filming crews were having barbeque together. It was really fun. Since we started the filming, we had always been focusing on the shooting, that we never got to talk with the crews beside about work. But that night, we were able to talk about foolish things with the crews that I felt we have gotten closer with them. We had meals, drinking and played fireworks together. It was such a pleasant summer memories.

After the barbeque, we all went back to the hotel. But Masaya and me, decided to drink a little more. We bought alot of shochu cans from the vending machine. And then, we knocked on Daito-kun's room first. He came out and refused us, "I'm going to sleep now". Then, we knocked on Shinpei-Manpei and Chiba-chan, but they were sleeping too. In the end, we thought, "We don't have any other choice. We should wake Ryusei-kun up!". Then we knocked on his room and woke him up. (laughs) He said, "I'm 18! I can't drink!", we told him, "We know already! We won't force an underage to drink. Just come with us!". We said something unreasonable and dragged him out. Then, while drinking juice, he accompanied Masaya and me drinking, for 30 minutes. We've really troubled him. After he went back to his room, Masaya and me were drinking until it was almost dawn. (laughs)

Tamaki is the host club's king, the president, so in the drama he has a role of leading everyone. But on the filming set, while leading everyone, I'm also helped by everyone. We're reaching the last filmings in the middle of these hot days, but I don't want to lose focus until the end. I'll work hard for scenes where Tamaki is being pulled into midair, until the end.
    I'll work really hard, so when it's over, I hope the manga fans would also think, "I'm glad it was Yamamoto Yusuke playing Tamaki,"
    But since I'm enjoying this so much, and spent such fulfilling days, when it's all over, I guess it'll feel lonely. That's just how united we are and how much faith we have in each other.
    Share this post on: reddit

Otaku-Nipples

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:03 pm by Otaku-Nipples

Awww I really love Yusuke, I can't stress enough how perfect he is as "Tamaki"

Seems like he wants Tamaki and Haruhi to kiss too~! I wonder if he's got alterior motives Onion Laugh COME ON YUSUKE! WE KNOW YOU LIKE HARU-CHAN!

I'm acting Tamaki going roundabout when it comes to his wholehearted love for Haruhi, while recalling myself in those days, thinking, "When will Haruhi and Tamaki kiss? I wish they'd hurry realize their love for each other,".
    abtomat

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:37 pm by abtomat

they all really had fun at the beach! i love the chemistry between everyone, even with the crew it shows in each ep- thanks for translating!
    enggrrl

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 pm by enggrrl

yanie wrote:
    I'll work really hard, so when it's over, I hope the manga fans would also think, "I'm glad it was Yamamoto Yusuke playing Tamaki,"
    I don't think he has to worry about this...we've all said at one point or another that after watching him, it couldn't have been anyone else!
    Nipples Admin

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:33 pm by Nipples Admin

Yusuke gets drunk a lot doesn't he? He's always talking about inviting the guys out for a drink, haha.

Ooooo, anticipating a kiss scene are we? :3

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am