Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouran High School, The Number One Match! ~ First Part

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Ouran High School, The Number One Match! ~ First Part Empty Ouran High School, The Number One Match! ~ First Part

Post by yanie

Ouran High School, The Number One Match! ~ Part 1
    Who's the Real King? ~ The Ultimate 16 Questions!

translated by yanie

Q1. Who makes the situations lively?

Haruna: Yamamoto-san. Parts of him resembles Tamaki afterall. When he's asked to make a joke and do 'monomane'(impersonation), he'd do it right away and he'd make everyone laugh most of the time.

Yusuke: Other than me, it would be Masaya. He's older than me, speaks in Kansai dialect, and gets carried away easily. As for me, since I'm playing Tamaki, my tension is often high. I don't know if I make the situations lively or not, but I'm always cheerful.

Ryusei: Masaya-san. He seem to be talking to many people. And, he's like a kind big brother.

Masaya: Everyone. But if I have to choose one, it's probably Haru-chan. When everyone feels tired, I took a glance and I found Haru-chan opening her mouth so wide, then I'd say "Haru-chan, your mouth is opened!", everyone would laugh out loud. She can make us forget our tiredness.

Chiba: Haru-chan. She was quiet in the beginning but that barrier finally disappeared and although she's the youngest she likes to bully the others. (laughs) She makes funny faces too. Seem like she likes funny stuff.

Shinpei: I think it's Masaya. Every morning, I go to the filming set together with Manpei and Masaya. It's really interesting that our conversation is like a manzai comedy act. Not as Mori-sempai, but when it's Nakamura Masaya, he'd talk alot. Also, when Honey-sempai is not around he'd become a stand-in for Honey in a scene, but he's really nothing more than just an old man. (laughs)

Manpei: Masaya. Each of his jokes in Kansai dialect is funny!

Daito: It's either Yusuke or Haru-chan. Mm... I guess it's Yusuke? He always do something funny, anyway.

Q2. Who eats alot?

Haruna: Mori-senpai. I have an image of Nakamura-san as someone who eats alot.

Yusuke: Me. (laughs) I'm thinking of losing more weight so I don't eat dinner, but I could eat double portions for breakfast and lunch.

Ryusei: Everyone eats alot, but Yusuke-san eats double portion each time and he seem to always enjoy eating the foods, so among the cast, I guess it's Yusuke-san.

Masaya: Yusuke. He's amazing, he would eat double portion of the catering foods. He frequently says "I'm hungry," (laughs)

Chiba: Nakamura-san. It seem he keeps eating on daytime. Since he's big, perhaps he gets hungry all the time...

Shinpei: Yusuke. That guy eats alot! He'd eat meat rather than fish. For beef bowls he'd get the large-portion one, and he'd put in eggs and kimchi, mixed them up and finish them all. (laughs)

Manpei: Yusuke eats alot.

Daito: Who is it... everyone seem to eat normally. But I always see Nakamura-kun eat.

Q3. Who has a mysterious side?

Haruna: Chiba-kun has many sides. (laughs) I get his character, but it's really something... I can't reveal much here. (laughs)

Yusuke: Daito-kun. He never talk about himself. He's a coward, y'know. (laughs)

Ryusei: Chiba-san. I think he definitely has a very manly side of him.

Masaya: Chiba-chan. When I went drinking together with him, I was planning to find out his secrets, but... I think Honey-sempai has secrets too. He's the strongest and the cutest, yet he seem to has many secrets.

Chiba: Daito-san. I can't imagine what he does in his daily life. He says he likes it when he's busy with work. So, I'd really like to know his private life.

Shinpei: I still don't know much about Ryusei-kun. Since he's not a host club member, I don't get to hang out with him much. But I'd like to talk about many things with him from now on.

Manpei: Haruhi. She's puzzling in a good way. She's the type of girl I've never met before. She's always smiling and I can see that she likes acting alot.

Daito: Chiba-kun. He's 22 and yet he's still that cute. I want him to have some secret!

Q4. Who is the manly one?

Haruna: Uwaa... this difficult. Everyone's manly.

Yusuke: I think it's Haru-chan. Perhaps this is because she's wearing male clothes, but her behaviour starting to look like a boy too. Acting together with her, there are times when I think she's an 'ikemen'(handsome guy).

Ryusei: Daito-san. He properly has his own purpose, he never let himself gets carried away by his surroundings, and he talks enthusiastically about manga, drama, and any other topic. Seeing that, I always think he's manly.

Masaya: Daito-kun. He's manly on everything. (laughs) For example, he'd go shopping for snacks and then he'd buy it more than he needed, and would say, "Let's eat this with everyone", or when everyone jokes around too much, he'd remind us, "Okay, let's go!".

Chiba: Yamamoto-san. I think he's THE OTOKO(man). Sometimes he would fail in making jokes, and when that happens he would look at me. (laughs) He has a cute side, but when it comes to work, he's really manly.

Shinpei: Daito-kun. When he's around, everyone would properly do their job. He'd say things that others would normally hard to say, he's really manly.

Manpei: Daito-kun. He always says things firmly on the set. He's like a leader for us.

Daito: Too bad, it must be me. (laughs) I like Yusuke's unexpected manly side, although he does something funny that much. But... I think, it's me. (laughs)

Q5. Who is the 'tennen' one?

note: The original meaning of "tennen" (天然 in kanji) is "natural", and the original form of "tennen" in question is: "天然ボケ ten'nen boke". To fully understand this term, you have to know what 漫才 manzai, Japanese-style stand-up comedy, is like. See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai
    As the Wikipedia says, this style of comedy is typically performed by two people: "boke" (the funny man) and "tsukkomi" (the straight man). The 'boke' keeps behaving funny and prone to make funny/silly mistakes, when the tsukkomi comes in to straighten the story, both working together to make the audience laugh. Airhead people act funny without meaning to, just like they're "natural-born boke", which is where 'tennen-boke' comes from. It's often shortened as 'tennen'. (If you know the American TV show "Friends", Joey and Phoebe are pretty much the model of good 'tennen'.)

Haruna: Perhaps it's Yamamoto-san. I think he's totally 'tennen'. He's tennen, right...? Isn't he...? (unsure tone) He tend to space out and says weird stuff.

Yusuke: Haru-chan. If she's not a tennen, there's no way she could mingle with old men like us. (laughs)

Ryusei: Haruna-chan. I think she's quite a 'tennen'.

Masaya: Yusuke. There are times when his choice of words are weird. For example, he once said, "Yesterday, I went home, took off my jacket, then I watched TV... wait, no, no... I took off my jacket then I watched DVD.", he'd correct his own words like that. The corrections had anything to do with what he really wanted to tell us, and yet he'd bother to correct 'TV to DVD'. Whichever is the same! (laughs)

Chiba: Shinpei-kun and Manpei-kun. They seem to be absent-minded and they'd greet me like, "Chiba-chaaaaan... ohayouuu(morning)...." in a relax mode. They seem to emit negative ions. (laughs)

Shinpei: Haruhi. Sometimes she'd be grinning all by herself. (laughs)

Manpei: Haruhi. She's tennen and carefree. She's really cool.

Daito: I think, it's Haruna-chan. She's more of a funny 'tennen' than just a 'tennen'. Her words and deeds are 'tennen', but she perfectly understands the basic of humor. Nakamura-kun and me are Kansai people, but I admire the fact that a 16 years old would know this much high-grade level of comedy. (laughs)

Q6. Who has the wealthy man aura?

Haruna: Daito-san. He seem to like interior decorations. And he seem to pay attention to what he eats.

Yusuke: Ryusei-kun. I don't know whether or not he's rich for real, but don't you think he looks like the son of a wealthy family? He looks rich, too.

Ryusei: I think Yusuke-san has an air of a wealthy man.

Masaya: Who is it... Perhaps, me. (laughs) I think I have some high-class quality... But, everyone's commoners, so this is a difficult question.

Chiba: Yamamoto-san. I think he has a rich man aura.

Shinpei: We don't have any rich man here. (laughs) I know about everyone already, so... Manpei might have some high-class attitude, I guess. So, he might be the rich type.

Manpei: Nekozawa-sempai. His private clothes is Armani, afterall, in that young age. There's no mistaking that he's quite rich. (laughs)

Daito: We're all dirty people. (laughs) But if I have to pick, it's Yusuke. He came to the set with a leopard print clothes from head to toe. (laughs)

Q7. Who is the kind/nice one?

Haruna: Everyone! Everyone's really kind.

Yusuke: Manpei. He listens to what people say and he'd respond in his own kind way. But, basically Shinpei and Manpei are kind.

Ryusei: Everyone's kind, but it's Chiba-san. He's friendly since the beginning and he properly respond to our talks. I don't think I can do that.

Masaya: Shinpei, Manpei. They have habits of saying "Are you okay?", "It's okay,", "There's no such thing,". They'd say it together so it sound profound(deep). Just like "Nidan Juku Curry". (laughs)

Chiba: Nakamura-san. His field of vision is wide, he'd properly pay attention to people and he's good at approaching them. And, he'd casually pay attention to another's needs.

Shinpei: Chiba-chan and Manpei. They're kind and cute. When we had filming on the beach, I was lying around on the shore, together with Chiba-chan and Manpei, while looking up at the sky. Then, we talked about our dreams, that time.

Manpei: Chiba-chan. He's always smiling and cute. Since he seem so fragile, I'd get worry when I see him getting bullied.

Daito: Haruna-chan. She communicate well with the crews and cast. I think that's her kindness. Though, it might be just her 'tennen' side. (laughs)

= to be continued =

Last edited by yanie on Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 pm by yetimati

100 refreshing point for you, janie. Onion Thumbs Up This interview is beautiful beyond work, the cast get along really well. ^^ Onion Daydreaming
    Oh, and Shinpei seem to praise Manpei alot here Wooby Onion Eyes
    *Pantiently waiting for the next part*
    Nipples Admin

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:42 pm by Nipples Admin

yanie wrote:Manpei: Haruhi. She's puzzling in a good way. She's the type of girl I've never met before.

I really shouldn't ship this

BUT I DO
    yanie

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:31 pm by yanie

Nipples Admin wrote:
    yanie wrote:Manpei: Haruhi. She's puzzling in a good way. She's the type of girl I've never met before.

BUT I DO
    In the MOVIE GALLERY's solo interview (well, double for the twin), Manpei said he's Haruna's fan Onion XD

But they're 10 years apart!! One is an adult and the other is an underage This Isn\'t Right

Still, though... I want a Yusuke-Haruna-Manpei love triangle! heehee...
    Nipples Admin

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:33 pm by Nipples Admin

yanie wrote:Still, though... I want a Yusuke-Haruna-Manpei love triangle! heehee...

Hehehe so do I! And Haruna always seems closer to Manpei than she is with Shinpei.
    RandomTanuki

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:27 am by RandomTanuki

Nipples Admin wrote:

BUT I DO

SAME. And he called her cool! I was like "woah...so many compliments from Manpei...I'm not imagining this, am I? O___O" It'd be one thing if it was just some comments from Manpei, but she picked him for that little stunt in Golden Cast, etc. etc.! Onion Love Eyes But, on a somewhat more serious note, it is so great and heartwarming how much they all get along! It's so interesting to read what they have to say about each other!

Also...I laughed out loud at that part about Yusuke coming to the set in all leopard print. Onion XD
    Beelzenef

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 pm by Beelzenef

I love how Shinpei always says Manpei, but the favour is rarely returned. Onion XD
    I so ship Manpei and Haruna. B)
    yanie

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:59 pm by yanie

Beelzenef wrote:I so ship Manpei and Haruna. B)
    I so want that KaoHaru amusement park date to be included in the movie!*v*

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:43 pm