Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bisco Hatori Blog: 2011-11-05

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Bisco Hatori Blog: 2011-11-05 Empty Bisco Hatori Blog: 2011-11-05

Post by yanie

Finally! Bisco-sensei updated her blog!

The Drama Cast - Part 2

translated by yanie

Good day!
    The ads is coming out before I realized it... just how much expired has the time passed!?

I'm so sorry for the delay...!
    I've mentioned this too, before, I guess if we don't post an entry with spirit, we'll get more and more timid. It shouldn't happen!

First of all, concerning twitter. I've graduated twitter few days ago.
    Thanks to everyone who followed it!!
    I'm so happy I got to directly talk and response to your comments on my manga!
    Twitter is amazing!
    I'll do my best to return the energy you posted, with new manga^^
    Thank you very much!

The crank up day of the movie filming is getting near, but I'd like to write a long entry about Kyoya and Hikaru-Kaoru! There would be some spoilers, so I'll hide it.

When TBS recommended me Daito Shunsuke-kun to play Kyoya's role, I've heard his name before, but I've never seen his act.

Since he was strongly recommended, people around me said that he's a good actor too, and he's as tall as Kyoya, I thought I'll just trust and leave it to TBS choice. And then, coincidentally I was planning to go and see Shinkansen theater's play "Minatomachi Junjou Osero", and I found out he was one of the cast. That was the first time I saw his acting performance.
    It was totally a different character than Kyoya, but I thought he was an amazing actor...! I feel so bad I didn't know anything about him before. He played his role so dramatically and with all his spirit. I was wondering whether it's okay for him to be offered a simple role like Kyoya. I was worried the role is too simple for his talents.
    But then my expectation got high, for the luck of being able to trust Kyoya's role to such a capable actor.

Daito-kun is an actor who always eager to study, and I heard he had been reading the manga and watching the anime. During the meeting and script-reading before the filming of the first episode, I was touched with his confident greetings. During the script-reading, when I heard Daito-kun's very first voice as Kyoya, I went, "Uwaaa! It's Kyoya!". I remember I was very surprised that time.
    When I saw the filmed drama, I was touched with his acting, because I've seen him in a totally different role. And I was suprised when I heard he lost his weight in short time to fit Kyoya's role.

Daito-kun's acting skill is too good, that I lightly regret the fact I approved the original part of Kyoya's scene in Episode 5. (^^Wink When I read the script, I simply thought, "I see! So it's the drama's original scene, na...". He was too great and it looked like it has deeper meaning than it was suppose to be, it got risky. (laughs)
    But I guess many people was happy about it^^ Right after the broadcast of the episode, my 2 assistants texted me, "Kyoya~~~~!!!" (laughs)

Daito-kun's voice is really nice. I have so many favorite Kyoya scenes, but aside from his acting, I especially love his face seen from the side, ... like the last scene of Ootori's family in Episode 10. His line "Mission accomplished" in the final episode was wonderful too!

Daito Kyoya has it's own flavour brought by Daito-kun himself, but he's also more emotional than the original manga's Kyoya, which makes him realistic. I like that part of him. He went into the pool together in Episode 1, I guess he's kind since the very beginning, ne. (laughs)
    Kyoya is a cool character, but he's still just a high school student, so if he really exist, I guess he'd turn out like that, afterall.

In the manga, there were these scenes where you can't see Kyoya's expressions behind his glasses, a very manga-ish style. (mostly small scenes where he'd be gazing at the host members from afar)
    In the live action, Kyoya would be casting his eyes down in these kind of scenes, or staring at another direction, basically not showing his expressions. I heard he thought of this himself.
    I feel moved that he built up his "Kyoya"-ness through those details and could convey them through the screen.

I've mentioned this for Haruhi too, but the whole cast has really done a perfect job in taking considerations of the very manga-ish characters and turn them into live action version of the characters. Including the director's directions, everything's perfect.

By the way, the movie's script was too long in the beginning, and so Ikeda-san and the others had to cut down and shortened many scenes. On one of the shortened scene, Daito-kun gave comment, "I think it's better if we expand this scene,", and so the crews wrote back the scene as how it was suppose to be.
    So he found that out... Amazing. I'll be looking forward to his activities from now on! I hope he'll star another Shinkansen play... I'd like to see him in Inoue Kabuki too!!

................................................................................

Just like Yamamoto-kun, for me, Takagi Shinpei-kun and Manpei-kun were ones of the factor which moved this live action project forward.
    Few years ago, together with Yamamoto-kun, someone suggested their names as candidates for Hikaru-Kaoru. I watched their stageplay DVD as a reference.

One of the reasons why I thought "Host Club" live action is impossible, equally as the manga feel of it, it's the "Tamaki, the twins, Honey would be impossible to realize in live action" barrier. But I guess you know that already.

But when I watched the DVD, I thought "Uwaa! So Hikaru and Kaoru exist...!". They have nice styles and absolutely nice voices! The live action designer told me the twins looks so good on casual clothes. And I totally feel the same. Their standing posture looks beautiful. Since the DVD I saw was a stageplay, I guess my opinion was affected by the fact I got to see alot of their standing poses in it.

When I received the plan's offer this time, I said, "I'm wishing for tall twins who can properly act to play the parts". But deep inside, I guess I might reject it afterall, if it's not the Takagi brothers.

After that, when I started to like the plot, the cast has finally lined up, and I started to feel moved by the crews' spirit, I heard that Hikaru-Kaoru will be played the Takagis. So, I felt that everything's come together and worth to risk. And so the project finally started. I feel really grateful to them for accepting the offer.

The twins are eager to study, and just like Daito-kun, they read the manga and watched the anime as well. To match Manpei-kun's weight, I heard Shinpei-kun lost his weight.

They rehearsed alot at home and they even asked me directly, "How's this?" while touching each other closely right in front of my eyes. I felt so bad, embarrassed and grateful, all at the same time, and felt like kneeling down before them, apologized, "I'm so sorry I made the twins as that kind of characters!". I feel impressed that they're playing the roles with all their might.

During the script-reading, I kept my eyes down reading the script, and just listened to the voices. But when I glanced at them, on Hikaru and Kaoru's scenes, they didn't look at the script at all, and while sitting on the chairs, they looked at each other's face, holding each other's hands, they did all the moves and gestures with proper act. I was surprised.
    If only I realized that and watched them since the beginning. (^^Wink What a waste! (laughs)

Also, for me, the Takagis look similar, but I can tell them apart clearly. So I talked and exchanged opinions with the director many times. Modifying the manga's background a bit, I remember I suggested to emphasize the "They're trying to make people feel difficult to tell them apart" point more. But, in the end, following the director's opinion, I thought it was better to follow the manga as it is, especially when I saw their snychronized act.

In the drama, Hikaru-Kaoru's difference started to stand out, and they showed their each and own wonderful act. I feel moved. When I saw the DVD few years ago, I thought Manpei-kun should be Hikaru and Shinpei-kun should be Kaoru. (perhaps, my opinion was affected by their characters in that stageplay)
    But now, from the bottom of my heart, I feel really glad Shinpei-kun plays Hikaru, and there's no mistaking that Manpei-kun should play Kaoru.
    I was surprised that the live action's twins showed their emotions few more times realistic than the manga's twins. I was absolutely touched by their full impact acting in Episode 6 and 9.

FYI, I don't know the drama's filming schedule, so I kept checking their blogs to confirm about the schedule. (laughs) "Ah, today they're filming on set, perhaps that scene...", or "So, it's outdoor today..."... I looked for that kind of info casually. (^^)
    The twins really care about their fans, ne. I personally cried a few times. I feel so grateful. (;Wink

I think I've written a longer one today, but that's definitely just my feeling.
    Next would be about Honey and Mori.
    I might be getting noisy now, so I'm sorry, but please wait for another while...!

Lately, I found out the art crews has been checking this blog. I'm getting nervous;
    I guess I have to write about the arts too, asap!

source: http://biscoroom.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-132.html

Share this post on: reddit

Silvia

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 am by Silvia

Daito-kun's acting skill is too good, that I lightly regret the fact I approved the original part of Kyoya's scene in Episode 5. (^^Wink When I read the script, I simply thought, "I see! So it's the drama's original scene, na...". He was too great and it looked like it has deeper meaning than it was suppose to be, it got risky. (laughs)
    But I guess many people was happy about it^^ Right after the broadcast of the episode, my 2 assistants texted me, "Kyoya~~~~!!!" (laughs)

So that scene was not supposed to have 'deeper meaning'! LOL
    I had the same reaction as Bisco-sensei's assistants not only in episode 5, but practically in every episode. I'm really glad that Daito played the role!

They rehearsed alot at home and they even asked me directly, "How's this?" while touching each other closely right in front of my eyes. I felt so bad, embarrassed and grateful, all at the same time, and felt like kneeling down before them, apologized, "I'm so sorry I made the twins as that kind of characters!". I feel impressed that they're playing the roles with all their might.

I would feel like Bisco-sensei did, too. XD

It's really touching that all actors put so much effort in playing their respective roles.

Thanks a lot, yanie, for the translation. Very Happy
    Mrs.Takagi

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:28 pm by Mrs.Takagi

yanie wrote:The twins really care about their fans, ne. I personally cried a few times. I feel so grateful.

I've only seen maybe about a handful of celebrities (outside of Japan) who care about their fans the way the Takagi twins do Hug They've made it clear on several occassions that their fans mean a lot to them, I hope they know that we the fangirls appreciate them as well! Very Happy

yanie wrote:To match Manpei-kun's weight, I heard Shinpei-kun lost his weight.

Shocked

Seriously?? How is that even possible?

Actually, I noticed in episode 5 that Shinpei has a SLIGHTLY thicker body mass than Manpei, but they're both still pretty skinny. . .(and it's such a shame to, because Shinpei had some pretty toned abs a few years ago, now he doesn't have 'em anymore. . . . T_T

Anyway, thanks for posting this! It's nice to hear feedback from the lady who started it all! cheers

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:22 pm