Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tsuchiya Tao Blog: 2011-07-24 / 2011-08-13 / 2011-08-15

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Tsuchiya Tao Blog: 2011-07-24 / 2011-08-13 / 2011-08-15 Empty Tsuchiya Tao Blog: 2011-07-24 / 2011-08-13 / 2011-08-15

Post by yanie

I translated Renge's actress, Tsuchiya Tao's blog entries on "OURAN". I didn't translate the whole entries, just some parts which are Ouran-related^^

2011-07-24
    The Gate of Dimension

And, another good news is...
    I'll be playing the role of Hoshakuji Renge in "Ouran Highschool Host Club" Episode 4!!!
    I'm sure many of you know "Ouran". It's the live-action drama adaptation of that popular manga!
    The first time I found out about this live-action, was when I read a news that says "Kawaguchi Haruna-chan will become a boy!?".
    That time, I totally didn't expect that I get to star the drama too.
    When you hear that your favorite manga or book will be adapted to a live-action, I'm sure anyone would feel both happy and worried.
    You'd have your own world of imagination in your mind, when you like a manga, right?
    Like, you imagine the characters' voices like this, they move around like this, or there's this building...
    On the contrary when your favorite movie is adapted into a novel or manga, even if it's interesting, you'd feel that there's something different, right?
    2D and 3D are totally different. The dimension's gate, in a good and difficult way, definitely exist. But I think, the thicker and taller the gate is, the wider it'll open.
    Making a live-action of a popular work is very difficult, there must be pressure, but there are wonderful things about it too.
    My older sister and my friends reads and loves "Ouran", so I feel alot of pressure.
    My friends asked me, "You'll be appearing in Ouran!?" and I asked them, "How did you know that?", they said, "I love the manga so much! So I checked the drama's site! Seem like you'll be playing Renge-chan, will you be okay???", suddenly they sharply asked me like that. ( ^O^; )
    Furthermore, not only the manga, but the anime is very popular too. I haven't watched the anime, so as a reference I immediately rent and watched it.
    Then, suddenly I heard a very familiar voice...!!!
    Huh? This voice, I feel like I've heard this voice so close to me, and I've heard it so many times... apparently it's Miyano Mamoru-san's voice who voiced the lead, Ultraman Zero in "Ultraman Zero THE MOVIE Final Battle!", a movie I also starred in, last year! (>v<*)
    I felt so moved already just by hearing his voice. But then as I watched the anime, the pace, the animation, the lines and the voices were really excellent!! And Renge-chan is so cute, it just give me more pressure... ( ^O^; )
    I've been in many live-action adaptations, and this is my 4th time. I felt the dimension's wall everytime, but as I mentioned before, a character in a popular work, has great power, so even though it's difficult, I feel very grateful just to have the chance to play the character.
    So this time, although she's a very powerful female character that I've never acted before, I've played the role with much enthusiasm!
    Of course, I'm so worried about what people would think of my portrayal of the character. But I played the role, Renge-chan, in my own way, while respecting the manga and anime's Renge-chan as well.
    So I'll be very happy if many people watch it and tell me your comments and impressions!
    Please!! m(_ _)m

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10963323006.html

2011-08-13
    I don't want to lose

Finally, the day has come! Episode 4 of "Ouran Highschool Host Club"!!!
    Renge-chan, the character I played, is something I've never done before.
    It's a very good role in many ways. The tension was MAX, the interesting level was MAX, and the difficulty level was MAX, as well.
    But I guess, each role's acting difficulty is always MAX for me... ( ^O^; )
    In any case, I feel so worried about the broadcast.
    Renge-chan is such a popular character, and in "Ouran", both the manga and anime are very popular, so I feel like the dimension's wall is twice taller and thicker...
    I'm very nervous about it, but it has come this far, so I can only watch it enthusiastically. I'll watch it properly and reflect my own mistakes.
    And I'll talk about my experiences during the filming in my next entry!!

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10984276652.html

2011-08-15
    Renge-chan's Time*

Today, I'd like to write about "Ouran Highschool Host Club" filming!
    I was a bit anxious since "Ouran"'s manga and anime are both very popular, and that I started joining the filming, midway.
    But as I stepped onto the set... the staff, the cast, everyone were so kind to me!
    The lead, Kawaguchi Haruna-chan is the same age as me, but I've been watching her on TV, so she's like someone above the clouds, for me. But as we talked and I found out that we were both born in February, and we have the same bloodtype, O, I feel closer to her. I was very happy (*^-^*)
    Haruna-chan is really cool, and even in a glimpse, we'd know that she's a funny girl who always make the situation lively. She's really Haruhi-kun!
    I've also been watching Yamamoto Yusuke-san, who's playing Suou Tamaki, in "Tumbling" drama, "ROOKIES" movie, and long time ago, in "Kamen Rider Kabuto". My little brother even have Sasword(Yamamoto-san's role in Kamen Rider)'s henshin item toy.
    I've also seen Daito Shunsuke-san, who's playing Ootori Kyoya, in "Tumbling", NHK asadora "Welkame", "Cross ZERO" movie. So I feel so strange when I found out that I'd work together with them. Somehow I can't imagine that I'll meet those people I've seen as images, in reality.... such the opposite with Renge-chan, ne. (laughs)
    But when I meet them for real, apparently they were really considerate people, I felt so grateful.

Yamamoto-san have the same tension as Tamaki, and he's always smiling! So, whereever Yamamoto-san is, I can't seem to hold back my smile.
    In the middle of a very hot day, during filming, Yamamoto-san asked me, "Renge-chan, do you want some drink?". Since he's a senior, and I was nervous, I said, "I'm fine. Thank you,". Then he smiled and asked again, "Ookay... then, is there something you want right now?". Without thinking, I said, "I feel like I want Oronamin C...". But that's a drink! ( ^O^; )
    As I thought, "Ack!", he was smiling, "Oronamin C ne...", somehow I feel like he's the real Tamaki-sempai, I felt so moved (>v<*)
    Daito-san always give detailed suggestions, like about comedy acting, "Perhaps it's better if you move like this?", so I felt like I was able to spend my time as Renge-chan, in relief.
    And apparently Daito-san is watching the drama I'm starring, "Suzuki-sensei" ! He said, "It's such a good drama!". I feel so happy that he gave detailed comments about many scenes, the lightings and acting. It made me learn just by hearing what he said. I feel like conveying what my "classmates" in "Suzuki-sensei" thinks of Daito-san, too (*^-^*)
    I also heard that Takagi Shinpei-san, Manpei-san are friends with Yuki Jutta-san, another cast of "Suzuki-sensei". I heard lots about him from them!
    It was such a short time of filming, but Ryusei Ryo-san, Nakamura Masaya-san and Chiba Yudai-san have really taken care of me as well... thank you so much!
    I was very happy about the filming, but personally there were so many mistakes I have to reflect...
    For example, I have a husky voice since I was a child, it's sometimes a problem. For acting, I usually cover it up with the way I speak, but this time I failed. There were many other mistakes I've done, and I'd like to correct that, next time.
    Speaking of that, there's a scene where Renge-chan become a movie's director, and there was a line, "CUT!!" there. The way I shouted "CUT!!" there, I imitated "Suzuki-sensei"'s director's way of saying "CUT!" (^-^) I'll be happy if you remember that when you watch the scene.

The first picture this time, is Renge-chan's picture!
    That day's filming location was such a glamourous place, it didn't feel like Japan (@o@)
    The 2nd picture is another Ouran's filming location. A different place than the first one. Apparently the apartement that my mother once stayed was right across the filming location! Such a coincidence, I was surprised.

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10986526077.html

Share this post on: reddit

Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:49 am by yetimati

Thank you for the translation, Yanie. It's always nice to read what the other minor characters thinks about Ouran, to know that they put so much effort into the film, ne~. In my opinion, Tao played a perfect Renge-chan, I like her alot in the anime and I have to say, the live action Renge-chan just excess my expectation, I was really happy cheers

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 am