Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
jade
enggrrl
awesome_nipples
Cinnamonipples
Raitei
seaweed
Isidarnipples
Beelzenef
MangaMistrezz
yanie
blackbalsam
Nipples Admin
Otaku-Nipples
KaoruHitachiin
cheesyfleas
19 posters

Ouran Map!

cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Ouran Map! Empty Ouran Map!

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:45 pm

So various people have been suggesting we get a map to show where all the fans of the drama are, which has lead to this:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050

View Larger Map

Copy this code to embed it wherever you want (and html is allowed)!
    Code:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050%26output%3Dkml&hl=en&sll=31.952162,-102.65625&sspn=176.317789,313.59375&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=15.961329,-0.703125&spn=152.331624,336.796875&output=embed"></iframe>
    <small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050%26output%3Dkml&hl=en&sll=31.952162,-102.65625&sspn=176.317789,313.59375&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=15.961329,-0.703125&spn=152.331624,336.796875&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Which at present has barely anything on it. We need more people. *Lord Kitchener-style point* Your fandom needs YOU!
    Edit: AHAHHAHAHAAA That looks funny now. Laughing

At the moment, this is the title and description:
    Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide - 世界中の「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化ファン!

[NOTE: The description box to leave your message is when you click on the placemark button on the map, not this box.]
    「注意:コメントする所は目印を追加したあとのボックスです。この「説明」ボックスではありません。」

Please don't put your exact location, just the country or state you live in.
    正確の位置を示さないでください。国や県で結構です。

To add a placemark, Click 'edit' and then choose a placemark (the icon will be in the top left corner of the map), place it where you want.
    目印を追加するため、「編集」をクリックし、地図の左上にある目印をクリックし、自分の位置にクリックしてください。

Don't forget to put your nickname (no full names please!) in the title of the placemark and leave a little comment about how much you love the Ouran Live Action! And remember, you can change the colours of your placemark too!
    目印のタイトルにハンドルネーム(本名は書かないでください)を入れてください。そうして、「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化に対する感想もお願いします。ボックスの右上にある目印をクリックすれば、目印の形や色を変えることもできます。

If you can't see your placemark, scroll down to the end of this sidebar and click the next pages!
    追加した目印が見つけられない場合、このパネルの下欄までスクロールして、「次へ」クリックしてください。

日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!

There's space for a title and description for each individual placemark too, so please put your username or a nickname and add a comment!

Also, you can have different-coloured placemarks. Which could potentially result in Kyouyan cat.
    Ouran Map! Google10

Aaaaaaand, since I'm sure most of you lot are American and I'll be asleep when you're all online, feel free to add yourself to the map. You can only do it if you have an account with Google (I think if you have a YouTube account, you have a Google one by default?): when you're signed in, on the map page there's an "Edit" button above the title. Click the placemark button in the top left of the map screen and bung it down where you want it. You can change the title and description, move it by dragging it, and change the colour by clicking the placemark logo in the top right of the pop-up window thingummijig. And you can delete it, too, if you really want to.

So if you don't have a Google account, leave a comment saying your location and if you want a particular colour. So yeah. Suggestions please!

(Please moan at me if that link (or anything else) stops working, I've been having trouble with it for a while. It seems to be fine now, but you never know.)

Last edited by cheesyfleas on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Ouran Map! Empty Re: Ouran Map!

Post by KaoruHitachiin Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 pm

yay I just added mine! this is great Very Happy
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I added mine too~!

I'm in the UK~!
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm such a dummy, I don't know how to add myself on this map. @_@ How do you do it?

After I figure this out, I'll totally post this on Tumblr and reel in more people! Triumphant Tamaki
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Nipples Admin wrote:I'm such a dummy, I don't know how to add myself on this map. @_@ How do you do it?
    Are you signed in to Google?
    There's an edit button right above the "Ouran... Worldwide" title, which lets you edit the map (/captain obvious)
    Then click this:
    Ouran Map! Google11
    Which should give you one of the placemark things which is stuck to your cursor. Then you just click on where you want to put it, and it ought to plop itself down. You can fiddle with the name of it afterwards.

Hope that helped~

Last edited by cheesyfleas on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blackbalsam
    blackbalsam
    Scholarship Student

Post by blackbalsam Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:54 pm

I myselfed too Very Happy
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

OHHHH I SEE! I was confused why there was no placemark, I didn't know you had to click edit first, haha. Yay, I added my location! Time to spread the Ouran virus on Tumblr.
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Nipples Admin wrote:Time to spread the Ouran virus on Tumblr.
    DO IT. Twisted Evil

The other week I had a look to see if I could find the main places the rest of the Ouran fans are on the internet (specifically, the French) but I could only find the French fansub group's page and a few other, mainly deserted places where it didn't seem quite right to butt in and force our stuff on them (I was going to encourage them to send messages to the TBS website). So if there are any foreign pages that we can invade, we could make them put theirselves on the map too~
    So what I'm saying in a roundabout sort of way is, FIND THESE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM JOIN US. OR AT LEAST PUT ANOTHER PRETTY MARKER ON THE MAP. AND PREFERABLY BRING COOKIES. PLEASE.
    Fabulous Tamaki
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank you for creating it, cheesyfleas!

Added myself!!^o^ And I've edited the Japanese title into 世界中の「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化ファン! (Sekai-juu no 'Ouran Koukou Host-bu' Jissha-ka Fan)

If anyone thinks there's a better Japanese title, please share!^o^

I'll spread this Google Map link the best I can! Twisted Evil

I'm thinking of TWEETing the link, but I think we better wait until the marks reaches at least, 50. Coz once we twit it, many Japanese (incl. Ouran producer) might find the link, and if there's only 10, I feel it's too little of a number to show-off XDDD
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Oh, and I'm suggesting for everyone to add a nice comment about the live-action like I did Razz In any language, would be fine I guess, don't have to be in English^^ People can google-translate it right away^^
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:20 pm

I just posted it on Tumblr and we have a whole bunch of new placemarks now! We might get even more than 50, so let's wait for a week or so. It's so awesome to see all the placemarks adding up!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:22 pm

I've added a comment as well~! Come on let's do this~! Onion Thumbs Up
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Cindy, can you pls encourage people in tumblr to add a short comment about the live-action too? What do you think? I just think that it's best to add short comments too there, rather than just marking our locations, so people know we are really Ouran Live-Action fans, and not just random people marking places^^
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 pm

yanie wrote:Cindy, can you pls encourage people in tumblr to add a short comment about the live-action too? What do you think? I just think that it's best to add short comments too there, rather than just marking our locations, so people know we are really Ouran Live-Action fans, and not just random people marking places^^

Okay, will do! I added my own comment as well. It's hard to think of a short comment that could fully express how much you love something though (:
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:34 pm

Haha, the number of people jumped up after you posted it to tumblr!
    Cheers yanie for the Japanese title! Nice to know it's not just a garbled mess of kanji Big Laugh
    And yes, comment-leaving would be wonderful. And and and stuff. Aaaah, this is cool.
    I REGRET NOTHING
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Hmm I think someone changed the title and deleted the description, so I had to add it back in again. It's pretty easy to change/move/delete a lot of things so we should keep an eye on that.

Haha and I noticed someone put a placemark around the Pacific Ocean and named it "Nemo", I wonder if that was accidentally moved or a Finding Nemo reference.

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Nipples Admin wrote:Hmm I think someone changed the title and deleted the description, so I had to add it back in again. It's pretty easy to change/move/delete a lot of things so we should keep an eye on that.
    Can't we arrange for the title and description at the top, so that only 1 person can edit that?
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:56 pm

yanie wrote:
    Nipples Admin wrote:Hmm I think someone changed the title and deleted the description, so I had to add it back in again. It's pretty easy to change/move/delete a lot of things so we should keep an eye on that.
    Can't we arrange for the title and description at the top, so that only 1 person can edit that?

I think it's either everyone or just a few select people who can edit things and there's no in-between. Like, we can't have one person to edit the title and everyone else can just add markers. At least, there's nothing obvious to the contrary.
    Ouran Map! Google12
    That's what it looks like on my screen, if it helps. Though it's probably the same on everyone's.

I could uncheck "Allow anyone to edit this map" but then... It could be awkward.

Anyway, I'll be going to sleep soon so I won't be able to change anything for however-many hours. So for now, I'll leave the everyone-edit option on, and if it's really bad then I'll turn it off in the morning.

(also, the other collaborator on the image appears to be just whoever's editing the map when I look at the screen.)
    Edit: also also, I put the latest title and description in the first post in the thread, so if it gets changed again it'll be easy to reset.
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Aw... then, I guess we don't have much choice Sad

Btw, may I edit the title's description with how to add the markers?
    I'm editing it now, pls feel free to edit it again if anyone don't think it's appropriate^^

I twitted them here:
    English: http://twitter.com/yanie_green/status/110481223469641728
    Japanese: http://twitter.com/yanie_green/status/110554505401217024

Please help re-tweet them Very Happy

Last edited by yanie on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:18 pm

YAAAAYYYY! I added myself on there! Took me a while cause I was confused on how to do it- even with directions. Hope it's ok that I added myself twice...in Hawaii (my home) and Philippines (where I'm currently studying abroad and where I first found out about everything Ouran).

I'm thinking of advertising this map on the mangafox forums, but there are lots of haters there so I think I'll just advertise it on facebook. And I'm getting my friends to add to the map as well- I'll force them if I have to! Since this map is public, we should check daily that there's no inappropriate comments or anything put on there. This map is for Ouran Live Action Fans ONLY.

Oh! And I was surprised on how many fans there were in America and Europe- never expected that many. Also, people in Japan are allowed to be on the map as well (when I last checked, Japan was empty). This map is open to not only foreigners but to ALL WORLDWIDE FANS!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

MangaMistrezz wrote:Since this map is public, we should check daily that there's no inappropriate comments or anything put on there. This map is for Ouran Live Action Fans ONLY.
    That's so true. Minna, let's cooperate and check the comments daily (hourly, if we can XD) to make sure there's no haters comments there!

MangaMistrezz wrote:Oh! And I was surprised on how many fans there were in America and Europe- never expected that many. Also, people in Japan are allowed to be on the map as well (when I last checked, Japan was empty). This map is open to not only foreigners but to ALL WORLDWIDE FANS!
    Agreed! That's why I also tweeted in Japanese, saying "To japanese fans, please add yourself too!".

I will add the title's description with this sentence:
    日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!(To Japanese fans, please add yourself too!)

Please don't delete it, ne~ ^_^
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:31 pm

This is a brilliant idea! I've added mine, and it's actually a nice reminder that so many people enjoy Ouran! Also, I'm the only person in my state, lol. Onion OTL
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:33 pm

yanie wrote:I will add the title's description with this sentence:
    日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!(To Japanese fans, please add yourself too!)

Please don't delete it, ne~ ^_^
    Aww... someone deleted it already Wall ... Onion
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm

We'll have to keep an eye out on the title and description. I just saw someone accidentally edit into that instead of on a placemark. So I recopied the title and description as we had it above...and then added instructions on making a placemark.

Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide - 世界中の「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化ファン!
    Please don't put your exact location, just the country or state you live in.
    Leave a message saying how much you love the drama! (put this in the description part of your placemark)

To add a placemark, Click 'edit' and then choose a placemark (the icon will be in the top left corner of the map), place it where you want.

Don't forget to put your nickname (no full names please!) in the title of the placemark and leave a little comment about how much you love the Ouran Live Action!

And remember, you can change the colours of your placemark too!

日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 pm

Oh thank you, for adding it back!^v^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 pm