Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The K-Pop Thread

Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

The K-Pop Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The K-Pop Thread

Post by Laila007 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

aww thank you babes... that's what i really like about him, he's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard working and talented and he's the one who created MBLAQ yes m'am he created them...

and another fun fact, did you know that thunder (sanghyun) has a sister who happens to be dara from 2ne1.. cool right?

and i'll end my vid post with THIS! FUCKING EPIC!!

Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Ohhh, he did? That's cool!
    And yeah, I knew that already. xDDDDDDD

And ohhh, see, I know that I'm gonna really like MBLAQ once I really get into them because they're so talented and gfsjkhda yes I approve so much ahhh
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 pm

YAY!! gosh the list of favorite kpop groups keeps going up! Onion Thumbs Up
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:14 pm

They really do and it's getting ridiculous omfg xD
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Tell me about it.. hey this sounds like a fun question to ask... so what were you "doing" before you discovered kpop? like what were you really into before you got into kpop? you go first taco hehehe
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 pm

LMAO I DONT EVEN
    REMEMBER XDDDDDD
    I never really blogged a lot on tumblr before kpop thats for sure
    I would just
    derp around xD
    read fanfics and manga and just
    I dont remember xD

OHHH

I did A LOT of roleplay xD
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm

DID you really? fun!!

girl.. .HAVE YOU SEEN THIS??

translation in description box
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

LOOOOOL I just watched it. xD

It's fun to see their different styles of rap and stuff and

Zico <3333
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 pm

it was all good in their own way..

dude you know what i just realized? when seungri first started twitter, his tweets were in engrish style... like it was funny but now it's like he's speaking english like a boss! how on EARTH did he transform so fast? or maybe he's using a translator or someone is helping them.
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:41 pm

Hmmm, no I didn't really realize that at all. o3o Maybe he DOES use a translator? o3o
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm

hmm no telling i guess.... ok this vid is SOO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL in a artsy way.. i had trouble figuring out the concept of this vid without looking at the comments... perhaps may give us an artistic intrepretation.. but plz watch this... this guy junsu LOOKS SOO FREAKING GOOD!!

Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 am

Hi again. First, wow Lychee, that sure is an...interesting new signature Razz Although I do like his camo pants, and holy cow he's wearing a shirt! lol

I'll just answer your previous question: Before kpop, I was mostly into fan fiction, on fanfiction.net Various books, movies and tv shows. I really like Star Wars, so that was fun to find fan fiction for, plus Phantom of the Opera (which people write amazing fan fiction for). I was not really a music fan. I liked what I liked, but didn't really search around.

Once I discovered Ouran, then I got into Asian television and eventually kpop. It kind of came as a package.
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 am

hehehehe thank you.. i know he's wearing a shirt in the siggy but the avatar he's taking it out......

can i ask how you got into asian television?

oh did you get a chance to watch the junsu vid i posted? the new one? dude, it's soo interesting and all i could think of was that he's facing two sides of him and it's hard for him to face the true reality of himself therefore he has to be and act like someone else.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am

I have not watched the video.

As to how I got into it, it was actually just an accident. I was on Youtube one day and spotted this video with the song Gives You Hell, with the Kaouru and Hikaru(hilarious video). It looked like a fun and random show(hey, it had twins that looked hilarious!) so I searched on youtube and was able to watch the first two episodes and the 7th episode with subs. Through a link on another video I was able to find Dramacrazy and watch all the videos. Then I searched around for Ouran stuff and found the 'mother' site to this forum. Had a TON of fun on the blog, and decided to check out the forum.

And, as they say, the rest is history Wink

So it was literally just a chance encounter on youtube that started all the insanity.
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Ohhhh. Lychee I watched the video and... I am very confused as to what's going on. xDDD The song and the video are VERY NICE but I dunno what's going on. xD
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm

girl i donno either but damn HE LOOKS SOO DAMN GOOD! he looks pretty as a girl and he looks good with blonde hair...

u know to be honest,,,i think blonde looks good on asian ppl as long as they do it right.... like in kpop!! let's lok at some... minus b.a.p. g-dragon, daesung, top

Spoiler:

there is a lot more but DAMN! Onion Nosebleed
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm

LOOOOL

I agree with you though! Blond looks VERY good on our Kpop bbys.

I just like

I will forever love blond GD omfg
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

**le dies from lost of blood from the epic hotness she just witnessesed**

HI! OMG THIS VID! it's not really kpop related but it's asian... it's an interview with a chinese model, modeling for dolce and gabanna and WOW so hot but so humble! and plus... they did the interview SHIRTLESS!! Onion Nosebleed just watch!!

Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey everybody!

I know you probably don't remember me (well, Bookworm knows who I am lol) I've been MIA from the forum lately due to. . . .well, life. Neutral

But anyway, since I've been swimming in the hot springs that is K-Pop for several years now, I promised I'd leave some random comments/thoughts I had on stuff. I read through the comments that have been posted here the last week or so (man you guys go through so much stuff!!! Shocked ) and the following is all that I could come up with off the top of my head.

These all are just my personal opinions, nothing is personal, feel free to agree or disagree.

1) Jung Jihoon/Rain is my ultimate #1 bias, and Laila I ADOOOOORE your avatar and siggy gifs Hug I actually have A LOOOOOOOOOT more to say about him, but I'll try to do those in installments as not to overwhelm people lol

2) I'm not really crazy about when Asian idols dye their hair blonde (or any other bright colors for that matter), I'm sorry, it just does not sit well with me. And it's not just them, I'm African-American and when my people dye their hair blonde, it might as well be nails across a chalkboard too. I mean people can do whatever they want with their image, no doubt about that, but as far as my love-obsession with Asian men goes, their natural, beautiful dark brown/black hair is part of what makes me so attracted to them in the first place.

If I wanted to crush on guys with blonde hair, I wouldn't be so crazy about Asian men in the first place, know what I mean? So when I see them with bleached blonde hair, I sort of feel like they're changing a big part of what makes them so beautiful in my eyes. It's the same thing with the whole "double-eyelid vs single eyelid" situation. When I hear male idols talking about how they got surgery, or considered getting surgery to have double-eyelids, thats a real stab in my heart.

I find Asian men with narrow or "almond shaped" eyes very sexy and exotic looking.
    Onion Love

3)When it comes to fanservice, J-Pop men do it in a more raunchy, sexy "in-your-face" sort of way, which is hot all on it's own, but the way Korean guys go about it is so much more sweet and playful (a hug from behind here, a butt pat/squeeze there, little butterfly kisses, all that good stuff. . . Twisted Evil )

4)My other two biases are Lee Joon from MBLAQ and Kim Jonghyun from SHINee. Oh and an actor named Kim Jaewook Onion Starry Eyes I've tried to look around for more eye candy but so far no one else tickles my fancy like these guys do Onion Daydreaming

5) I actually have one and ONLY one female bias in K-Pop: Amber Liu from F(x) Onion Love Eyes But besides her, I've pretty much lost interest in most of the female idol K-Pop groups. I still keep up with 2NE1 now and then, but that's about it. I feel like a lot of female idols groups had more uniqueness to them when they first debuted, but then lose their unique style and sound as time goes on and ultimately not standing out.

And last but not least. . . .

6) I am NOT a fan of Gangnam Style. At all. *ducks a flying semi-truck*

Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:37 pm

hey mrs. takagi! I remember you! Onion Thumbs Up and thank you for liking my siggy and avatar! i love rain too! he's amazing... make sure to come back here when tacoko aka taco will post a rain one shot that we made a deal on. so check that out Onion Thumbs Up

and you're right, having that natural dark hair is TRULY beautiful and it never goes out of style.. i just think that for kpop stars, they want to keep things different that's all.

I don't really understand why some will do the double eye lids.... i like their eyes just the way they are, that's what makes them them but i know that single eye lids are more acceptable now in the kpop world compared to a while back.

I LOVE LEE JOON TOO!! and i like shinee and I LOVE AMBER! and i like ga in too. and same here, i only follow 2ne1. and yes compared to jpop, kpop fan service is a lot more sweeter and not as risque.

and it's ok if you don't like gangnam style.... i really enjoyed it when it came out and it was solely a korea thing but now with all this attention it's getting old... but i feel bad for psy b/c even he said that he has a lot of pressure to create something better than gangname style...

thank you for your post! it was fun commenting on it. Hug
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply Laila! Very Happy

And please tell me more about this "one-shot" about Rain you speak of. Surprised

I'm actually very ashamed of myself because for the past 3 years or so, Rain TOTALLY left my radar screen for a while. . . Headesk Sweatdrop I was literally crazy about him for a year or so (I first discovered him back in 2006) until maybe about a year or two ago when me and my sis happened to be watching the MTV movie awards and watched him give his acceptance speech, in English(!!) for winning the 'Badass Award' for Ninja Assassin. We were so happy for him, even though we hadn't even watched the movie yet lol

Dammit, school and work can be so distracting!!!! Onion Anger

Speaking of which, I think I've watched Ninja Assassin 10 times in the past 4 weeks. He really needs to come back to America and do a few more movies. His English gets better and better everytime I hear him speak it.

I'm counting down the days/months until he gets out of the army next year Wooby Onion Eyes

About the whole hair thing, I guess I can understand the want to be different, there's nothing wrong with that at all. . .it's just that it can be overkill sometimes X-/ And as a person with double-eyelids, I can definitely say that they are overrated lol And I can't even fathom how or why a person would even consider going under the knife just to have a freakin' crease in your eyelid Suspect

Lee Joon is a total stud-muffin, but I think I only first liked him because he reminded me so much of Rain Embarassed I think it's cute how he respects and idolizes his mentor so much hehe

SHINee is an awesomely talented group and Amber Liu is my role model haha

As for Gangnam Style. . . .I can list about 20 popular Korean songs. . . .about 10 songs sung in English BY Korean singers. . .that could've and should've hit Western mainstream radios first. I don't mind that Oppa Gangnam Style is popular, I just don't think it deserves the fame and popularity it's gotten. Onion Breeze

And what really bugs me is that I've noticed a lot of people who love that song and are NOT fans of K-Pop are getting the wrong idea about the whole genre. I get this feeling like they only got hooked on the video because it features a "crazy Asian man doing a funny dance". My sister was telling me that she overheard some girls talking about the video at her school the other day and she was like, "I bet those girls don't even know what "oppa" means or what/where "Gangnam" is Rolling Eyes

The real killer for me: it's a fad song that will eventually die out. 5 years from now, no one will remember 'Oppa Gangnam Style'.

If anything, 'Hip Song' by Rain should've had over 100 million hits worldwide by now.

Just sayin Onion Drinks Tea

Imagine prison inmates around the world trying to copy THAT! Onion Laugh

Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am

HEY I REMEMBER YOU! 8DDDDDDDDDD WELCOME BACK. 8DDDDDDDD

I think everyone knows that I LOVE dying my hair, so I have no issues with kpop idols, or anyone really xD, dying their hair because well... it's on them. xDDD I personally LOOOVE blond hair of these kpop idols, especially GD because gfhafgaghkdjghjakdhsgfjal He is my ultimate bias, so he could walk around in a fucking paper bag and I KNOW he will still make that shit look fly as hell. xDDD

I'm still discovering all of these other groups, so I know I have A LONG away to go, and it's honestly eating away at my sanity. xDD

Ahhh, I totally adore Gangnam Style., I was happy at first because HEY, MAYBE KPOP CAN BREAK OUT IN THE STATES 8D But then I realized just how closeminded and ignorant and just how DUMB Americans are (Not ALL of them... the majority... YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN) so then I was like... "Eh..." and then I hear that Psy is starting to get tired of Gangnam Style and that just makes me sad, because Psy is not just some funny Asian man, he is a well known and loved artist with great skill and I don't want people to see him to be just that funny Asian guy from Korea -____- So it's iffy for me about kpop breaking out here in the States. I know there are a lot of fans here, but you know how damn well the media is. I dunno...
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm

well taco and I like to write, just for the heck of it. and she is starting to LOVE block b and she loves the leader zico and she asked me to write a zico one shot and i asked her to write a rain one shot just like a trade i guess! so yea, she's good writer Onion Thumbs Up

and dude, just recently i just showed a live performance of rain and dude we were in the study room at school and once she was watching the performance her face got SUPER RED, her jaw was literally on the floor and she was covering her mouth to prevent herself from SCREAMING!! she was breathless and i made her a fan!! YAYAY
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

Onion Blush omg Lychee stawp it. I'm not that good. gfvdahgfvasl
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

no you're THAT GOOD! YAY i'm done with the semester and DUDE I got an 88 on the 16 page paper!! WOHOOO! so now i need to rest up and start working on your one shots and start studying hard korean!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm