Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Jenavieve
awesome_nipples
Isidarnipples
Tacoko
Hotaru Gunso
Lala
JennyJukes
enggrrl
Otaku-Nipples
jade
Nipples Admin
Fujioka Haruhi
Beelzenef
Keshia
MangaMistrezz
edlws-x
Tamakisnipples
Cinnamonipples
22 posters

Why does your life suck at the moment?

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Why does your life suck at the moment? Empty Why does your life suck at the moment?

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:30 pm

An opposite to the Stoke thread.

MY STORY:
    I'm really anxious about quitting work right now. I've only had the job since earlier in the summer, and I had applied at a job fair. Everything up to this point has mostly been training, the last shift being my first time actually behind the cash, doing checkout. The store only just opened, the training has all gone on at other stores in the chain. I'm basically quitting on my first real shift tomorrow, and giving two weeks notice.

I feel kind of bad about this, since I think my bosses think I'm staying over the school year, but I just can't. For one thing, the store's location is kind of bad. Even though it's relatively close to where I live, there's no buses to take me there from where I live (in case my parents can't drive me), and it's too far to walk. For another thing, it closes late (10:30-11PM), which I wouldn't be able to survive along with homework during the school year.

Aside from the practical reasons, various things have consistently made me feel anxious and upset. The original "interview" (the one after the initial job fair interview) was horrible and I'm still mad at them for it (it wasn't actually an interview...I won't go into detail but think "improv acting in front of strangers," and I didn't honestly expect to get hired). The store seems to have some really silly policies when it comes to customer service that make it harder for the cashiers to be efficient if someone can't find something, and frankly as a customer I'd be annoyed. Also, my bosses kept telling me, "we'll call you when your next shift is." They never did, and I had to find out myself.

It's my first part time job, so I'm hoping the experience in training that I've gotten is going to make it easier to find another one with better hours and more organization.

I feel like a jerk for leaving so soon, but I'm so bothered by this job that I just want out. I can't deal with this and it's making me frustrated and upset. I don't even shop at this chain usually.

(not mentioning the store because that would make me look even more like a jerk. There's nothing wrong with being a customer at the store, it's just my problems with working there.)
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Why does your life suck at the moment? Empty Re: Why does your life suck at the moment?

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 pm

*hug*
    YOU DIDN'T NEED TO SET UP A DEPRESSING THREAD FOR ME D:
    My life is just retarded sometimes lol!!!
    Depressed Tamaki
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Why does your life suck at the moment? Empty Re: Why does your life suck at the moment?

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Ahaha, well, I had my own depressing story to share, so I thought, "hey we've all got shit in our lives, and it's better to share."
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:41 pm

That's what my hug was for. Smile I've had a few bad jobs myself!! I got fired for getting food poisoning from a grocery store I worked at (I bought food from their deli for dinner) and I walked two miles to and from work, so I called in super early because I was up sick saying I will die on the side of the road if I try to walk to work today... and they fired me the next day saying they couldn't find someone to do my job for me... STOCKING SHELVES.
    You pull boxes, put them up, put boxes away. They claimed nobody else could do it lol!!! xD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:30 pm

ahah I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had issues.
    I think I'm just nervous because I feel like a jerk for quitting so soon after the store opened. I'm pretty much giving in my resignation on my first real shift. >w< I'm hoping my issues with location and time interfering with school are valid reasons. And, like my friend pointed out, even if they think I'm a jerk, I shouldn't care because I haven't been there long enough for them to give me a reference anyways.

My mom's being kind of annoying about it, she's like, "You should make sure you have another job before quitting!" and "What if they just make you quit on the spot and don't give you the two weeks?" I just want out. >.< I know I need money, but I refuse to earn it at a place that has managed to make me consistently feel anxious. I cry and break down easily, so it's important for me to be as non-stressed as possible or I don't function well.

I'm just nervous about handing in the resignation. >.<
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Don't feel like a jerk if the job sucks. I waited two months before getting the job I have now because I didn't want to apply everywhere and get a crappy job. My bosses rule.
    Smile
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Yeah, I've got some suggestions from friends, including where one of my friends actually works. :3 I'd be so stoked to work with him, he's a cool dude. Also, my sister works at our grocery store, and they're hiring in two weeks so I'll definitely check them out.

SO EVEN IF THEY THINK I'M A JERK,
    Haters Gonna Hate

edlws-x
    edlws-x
    Commoner

Post by edlws-x Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:08 am

and NO dont feel bad for wanting to quit your job! if you dont enjoy it technically youre just making yourself mentally exhausted at trying to enjoy/do your job!

but yeah my life's sucking right now too since i have this impossible assignment/project to do in so little time; that i have been too tired & have been missing out on the newer eps of ohsch (&my idol fandoms). tbh its depressing me not just cos i have no time for myself anymore but theres just too much to do and everyone else is still expecting me to shoulder their burden too . grahhh tearing my hair out right now since i need it to be finished tomorrow night so i wouldnt be dead at work -_-" & for not being able to say 'no' to anyone when i know i have too much on my plate already Sad
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:19 am

If you wanna quit your job, then you just do it! Don't be worried about what your boss will say or whatever- if it's a crappy job then end the torture and just quit. And at least your giving them a 2 week's notice...I know some people who just quit out of the blue and that's that. You're being considerate in my opinion. Don't worry, there are better jobs out there.

My life sucks at the moment cause I'm sick and I'm trying to take a nap but it's not working. And even if I do fall asleep, I have to wake up in 2 hours cause I have to go somewhere.
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:31 am

My life sucks because it all around sucks. I'm stuck in a shitty country with no friends and a mom who's driving me insane and a job that... oh wait, what job?! I can't even get one! -________- Onion OTL Onion OTL Depressed Tamaki

I have a meeting for one in a hospital restaurant, or whatever the hell it is, on Tuesday or Wednesday. Cross my fingers that I get the job so I can save up my lousy pay and get a ticket back to Australia so I can finally work in the career I studied/worked damn hard for! >_< Onion T_T Don\'t Go

And then I can save up money to move to Japan! YAY Japan! ^.^ I have such a goal oriented life while being stuck in a place that's no help... Onion Cursed/Down
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:09 pm

alright you guys my shift starts in less than an hour, and I'm handing in my resignation first thing because I need to talk to my boss about a few other things relating to the job...I'm nervous. XD
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:10 pm

dAw! Good luck!! Very Happy
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:04 pm

ahaha it went over fine. XD
    My boss was like, "Oh, that was fast. Okay." and that was it.

The job itself wasn't as bad as how anxious it was making me, but even so, I think, "man, should I really have left?" but then I remember the issues of busing and how late the store closes and how it will affect me over the school year, and I think that I probably saved myself some stress and sleeplessness later. >w<

thanks for your support, guys! <3
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:43 am

Now if only we were rich bastards we wouldn't have to worry. DAMN YOU ALL.
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am

You need to do what you feel is right, and if you don't feel right at this job, then quit. Your satisfaction is all that matters. Convenience to and from, with school, and with your own state of mind is very important. I've had a problem like this before, and it got to the point where I just shoved myself into a hole. I eventually got out and it was the best thing I did. There are other jobs out there, but sometimes it just takes time to find the one that fits your life perfectly. I've recently found that, and it works out wonderfully with work... and live action airing schedules... Onion Wipes Sweat, h It'll all work out, eventually!

As for myself.... I've fallen back into my clutching depression that forces my mood into nothing but states of despair and hatred for all life that I know in the real world. I feel superior to all that I come in contact with, and according to my father, I give off an aura that suggests to stay away from me. Headesk Sweatdrop
    I'm just a twisted person. Cunning Onion
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Scholarship Student

Location : Hiding from Tamaki-sen--crap, he found me xjhfdg LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD

Post by Fujioka Haruhi Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:50 pm

It sucks when your job has you feeling so anxious and stressed.

Anyway, I've been away from this amazing forum for waaaay too long. Life has been busy what with work and spending time with friends and my boyfriend before they all go back to school.

My life sucks because I have to take a year off of school because the program I want to get in to at a nearby college is very selective because it's brand new and therefore very small. ... And I missed the deadline for this year because I didn't know the program existed at that college. >x< So, now I'll have to apply for next year. Also, finding a second job is proving to be very difficult. ._.;
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:01 pm

My life sucks at the moment because I have to start answering a 14-page reading guide, making a pamphlet that I haven't planned, working on a worksheet, and studying for a test all due tomorrow. And I haven't touched any of them yet.

I also have some work for one of my classes that I transferred in late, so I wasn't able to read the assigned book that everyone has finished already. But my teacher assigned me to work on the second-to-last scene in the book, and I definitely can't finish the whole book tonight, especially with the rest of my workload.

AND THE WORST PART OF IT ALL: the other person in my assigned group for that class is a mean girl who is also the current girlfriend of a guy I used to like (when he was single). I am highly suspicious that he told her about me because he'd be the type to be honest with his girlfriend about everything. And I think she knows we're good friends too. Last week I caught her giving me a look in our other class.

Yeah... this will be awkward. BUT I WILL TRY TO PLAY IT COOL.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:05 pm

My suggestion: Find a plot synopsis of the book online, and then just read the scene you need to work on. Hopefully that will work for the assignment? I know some assignments would require reading the whole thing, but hopefully this is not one of them.

Also apparently
    there's a psychological trick
    where if you ask to borrow a pencil from someone who doesn't like you
    they'll like you more.
    I have no idea how true this is, but maybe give it a shot with that girl? XD
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 am

My life sucks at the moment because of laryngitis. I got sick in Tokyo, and over the past few days my voice has been going out. As of bedtime, I sounded like a dying frog. As of this morning, I can't speak a single word... so I'm a mute. Literally, I cannot get a single SOUND out of my throat except wheezing. And that REALLY sucks. Plus, it hurts like hell and I can't stop coughing (which makes it hurt worse) I didn't go to work today. I not go tomorrow (if I still can't speak). I'll just go to the doctor...

Depressed Tamaki

Also, I was in Tokyo which was generally fun, but since I was visiting a friend, I wasn't able to translate the twins' blogs as fast as usual. Even though I saw them right after they were posted, I couldn't do it and other people did it first. That makes me irritated (lol) But I'll translate their Episode 6 blogs anyway (because dammit, I can do it better!) and I'll be sure to do it on time this week Onion Study
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:17 am

I have a pretty whacked out throat right now. Seems like everytime I raise my voice even the slightest it starts hurting. I think when I got into a big fight with my sister I strained my voice trying to yell over her lol.

Also, I got an email from Inglot Cosmetics yesterday saying that they haven't a position for me, which sucked majorly because for the last two weeks they'd been advertising that they need a few new artists. I get the feeling they don't want me because I'm not an ugly snobby bitch like everyone else in that store. Which is a shame because most of the artists in there effing SUCK! I can do better makeup with my eyes closed AND I've worked on films/photoshoots/tv/Music videos. Which is more than they have to say >_< now I'm being a bitch but I'm super bitter over it Sad I really wanted that job...
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 am

The only reason my life sucks at the moment is because my University are being slow and not communicating to ANYONE when we start back or anything...
    Onion To Kill
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:35 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:My suggestion: Find a plot synopsis of the book online, and then just read the scene you need to work on. Hopefully that will work for the assignment? I know some assignments would require reading the whole thing, but hopefully this is not one of them.

Also apparently
    there's a psychological trick
    where if you ask to borrow a pencil from someone who doesn't like you
    they'll like you more.
    I have no idea how true this is, but maybe give it a shot with that girl? XD

Yeah, I was planning on doing that (I'm doing it right now actually!) Sigh, seems like I'll be getting less than 4 hours of sleep tonight though because I just barely finished my 2 other projects.

I'm not sure if the psychological trick will work since she's said some pretty rude stuff to me before, but I'll try to WIN HER OVER WITH KINDNESS~! And I'll attempt the pencil trick if I really don't have a pencil on me, haha.
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:38 am

My life sucks at the moment cause I have school tommorrow and I have to practice for my capping and pinning ceremony for Thursday. We have to memorize 2 fucking songs and then we have to sing them over and over for 5 hours straight! Since I'm still feeling like crap, I just hope that when I'm singing, a song comes out- not puke. And yes...my cold developed into a flu- at least I can still be on the computer.
    enggrrl
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 am

Spoilering because it might be TMI
    Spoiler:
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am

enggrrl wrote:Spoilering because it might be TMI
    Spoiler:
    I understand your pain.
    Onion Attacked by Te

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm