Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Otaku-Nipples
Isidarnipples
Cinnamonipples
7 posters

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Empty Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who cosplays, right?
    Share your costumes, plans for costumes, and costume-making tips here!

I've already posted these photos on Nipplechat, but here they are again, my Ashe (FFXII) cosplay (completed May 2010). :3

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 30649_131216390221947_100000007611462_377995_1669673_n
    (my skirt was a bit messed up in this one, whoops. That's why it looks so weird and squarish. Also ahaha my dog.)

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 30649_131216396888613_100000007611462_377996_2008648_n
    Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 30649_131216400221946_100000007611462_377997_3932285_n
    Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 30649_131216403555279_100000007611462_377998_6725262_n
    Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 30649_131216410221945_100000007611462_377999_1218840_n

This was my hardest cosplay to make. I spent months on it. My parents and grandmother did a lot of the sewing because I don't know how to use a sewing machine, but I made the armour (fun foam! Who knew?) and did all the painting.
    The downside was that the leg armour made it hard to move, and was very delicate. It was hot glued to the tights (in hindsight, I really should have sewn them to thicker tights). I only wore the cosplay to one con because it was so bulky and difficult to move in.
    I've also lost weight since last year, so I know that at least the black part around the middle doesn't fit me anymore. XD

Also, these are my hand-sewn Pikachu ears, which I made myself. Pikachu is my backup cosplay, I paint red circles on my cheeks, wear these ears, and throw on yellow, brown, and black clothing.
    Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 28550_123972484279671_100000007611462_343555_749561_n

My first cosplay for a con was Misa Amane from Death Note. XD It wasn't very good.
    Aside from Ashe and Pikachu, I've also cosplayed Tetra from Legend of Zelda: Windwaker. It was my quickest cosplay; I put it together in less than an hour, not counting the waist sash that I didn't have fabric for and had to buy some. The pants and tank top were the wrong colours (beige instead of white and turquoise instead of purple), but it was pretty good for under an hour and I felt cute. >w<

The next cosplay I'm planning on making is Liechtenstein from Hetalia (red dress version). :3 My mom's actually letting me cut up her wedding crinoline for that. ("It's the wedding dress itself that I want to keep," she says. "Why waste that much crinoline?")

I also need to do something with the SF-A2 miki (Vocaloid) wig I have, since it was a gift and it's expensive. >w< I was going to cosplay SF-A2 miki for Anime North this year but never got it done.

Another cosplay I want to do is Fionna, the genderbent version of Finn from Adventure Time. Very Happy
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Empty Re: Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread

Post by Isidarnipples Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:17 am

Oh wow. That is an amazing Ashe cosplay.

Only cosplay pic I have handy right now is this:

Which I made in the past few days as a surprise for my friend (who I don't think is here, which is why I can post it. Razz) The skirt looks funny because I don't have a stand for the mannequin... So it's propped up on boxes. Which is okay for my other ones because the petticoats go out beyond the edges of the boxes, but not this one. XD

But in 8 days time, I will have more pictures to post. (I do have older pictures of me but ehh..) Last rush to get cosplay done, GO!

Oh, the one above is Suzaku from the Code Geass picture drama where they all crossdress. And the pile in the back right is the crinoline, petticoat, underskirt and bustle for Lelouch, from the same picture drama. TO the left, you can see my other attempts to stand the mannequin up. XD

Last edited by Isidarnipples on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Empty Re: Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread

Post by Otaku-Nipples Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:20 am

Once I save up enough I'm planning on buying this...

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Fbcs8810

OR ... I might get this, but it's about £20 more expensive...

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Cos_va10

I'm planning on going to an anime convention this year ^^
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 am

I have two (well, three) cosplays to show off from the weekend. No proper pictures cause we ran out of time...but!

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Lulusuzako
    Lelouch and Suzaku (Luluko, Suzako) as of the Code Geass Picture Drama (Stage 9.33) I do have a photo of the back of the dress too but the wind flipped up one edge of ruffles and stuff. (Sorry. The censoring here is cause my Suzaku didn't want her face all over the place and then I thought I might as well do my own.)

And the one which is more relevant here...
    Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Ouran
    Things to note in this one...
    1. The twins are actual twins. And got stuck in a pose kissing me on either cheek for a few minutes cause people were taking photos
    2. I have no idea where honey and mori ran off to, but we have a Kasanoda in this pic instead. And two Kyouyas... It was just a random collection of Ouran cosplayers though because:
    3. We all converged to play Red Light Green Light. Not sure who came in groups with who.
    4. The Kyouya there had a liveaction jacket too. And an ipad. He switched sometimes even though it meant he was wearing the wrong pants.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:50 am

oh my god Izzy make all my dresses for me please. XD

I totally don't know how to sew yet, I need to learn to use the sewing machine (every time I try, my parents aren't around or it breaks on us).
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 am

Very Happy How come cosplayers of the twins always look the best?! O_o I have no clue but I keep seeing groups and that always happens!
    I have a question.. I'm wanting to to Marie from Soul Eater, but do you think my face fits the part? Or would I make a better Liz? I'm a super curvy (not fat, just curvy) girl if that helps.

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread 27191910
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Just based on Google image searching the characters (since I know nothing about Soul Eater), I think you'd look better as Marie. :3
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Same google search. Marie's costume looks more fun! And I say if you want to do it, just do it. Very Happy I reckon you could pull it off well!

And Ele, knowing how to sew and knowing how to use a sewing machine are different. XD I would say I don't really know how to sew cause like...making up patterns and tinking through how things would be put together...I'm horrible at that. And I hate most kinds of fasteners - except snaps and using replacement bra backs to do up skirts.. Zips are annoying, I hate doing buttonholes, hooks and eyes are fiddly...

Yeah, I leeched help off a friend. Plus I only made the ouran one cause I could use the same pattern we made for the lelouch one. Actually, I stole the same pattern for the Suzaku top as well. Not that you'd notice cause I modified the sleeves and didn't put the darts in..

Just grab someone who knows how to sew and get them to help you. XD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm like, totally boss at hand sewing (I think I've been hand sewing since I was like eight, seriously) but it's so time consuming. Even just knowing how to use the sewing machine and patterns is a lot better than what I got. >w<

Also, if being good at sewing is a trait you can inherit, then once I learn to use the machine, I should kick ass at it. XD My great grandfather was a tailor and my grandmother (his daughter) is amazing at sewing. She did most of the white part for my Ashe cosplay (not the gold part, that's paint), and she and her sister made my mother's wedding dress.
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Ugh, I know. I am incredibly lazy at handsewing. INCREDIBLY. Sooo time consuming.

Sewing machines aren't all that hard so once you do learn, I expect you to be boss at it!!
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Lucky. I would be the WORST housewife ever!! I hate cleaning, I can't sew worth anything, and I can't cook worth anything either. lol! Razz I would definitely need help, but thanks guys I think Marie would be better too because honestly... I couldn't do Liz without a Patty. :3 It just wouldn't happen! I would have a Stein to walk around with (granted, its my friends bf, but still).
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Costumes aren't just for Hallowe'en - The Cosplay Thread Bellat10
    Me as Bellatrix Lestrange Very Happy
    I don't have any full length pictures I like, though XD

I made the wand from a stick and papier mache 8D
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Ooooh!

*claps*

That looks so good!
    I always thought her hair looked really uncomfortable to deal with, if it was done to your own hair. Is it a wig?
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:Ooooh!

*claps*

That looks so good!
    I always thought her hair looked really uncomfortable to deal with, if it was done to your own hair. Is it a wig?

Sadly it's a wig =(
    My own hair would have been a better colour, but it's too short~
    But thank you^,^
    I'm really proud of that costume~
    Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Post by Beelzenef Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:44 pm

I would love to cosplay, but I don't even slightly resemble anyone, nor do I have a good enough body type, lol.
    Everyone looks great, though! Very skillful. Onion Thumbs Up
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:39 pm

lol I love it!! My friend did Bellatrix for the last shows opening night, she did a pretty bomb job too. Seems like a fun one to dress up as!
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:05 am

Oooh! Awesome Bellatrix!

And Beelzenef? That's what wigs are for! XD It doesn't matter if you look like them or not. It's for fuuuuun! :3 Nodding
    Choco
    Choco
    Commoner

Post by Choco Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:42 am

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:26 pm

omg. so pretty. >w<

God damn, I need to do my Liechtenstein cosplay.
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 pm

I added those to my favorites collection.. which right now is spammed with TAMAKI, TAMAKI, and you guessed it, MORE TAMAKI.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm