Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
crunchystuff
Laila007
MangaMistrezz
Tama
awesome_nipples
enggrrl
Fidei-Avi
KaoruHitachiin
nipplespvmk
Tamakisnipples
Mari
demonslayermiu
りんちゃん
instantcoffee
annanipples
usa-chan
Otaku-Nipples
Nipples Admin
Cinnamonipples
jade
24 posters

Do your friends/family know??

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Do your friends/family know?? Empty Do your friends/family know??

Post by jade Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Do your friends and family know about your Ouran obsession? If yes, what do they think about it? If no, what would they do/think/say if they found out??

I thought it would be interesting to compare the opinions/reactions of those we love (but who may never be able to understand our love for Haruhi and her Beautiful Men Crusade) XDD Please comment and discuss other people's answers!!

When it comes to my own family~~~ they don't know. My mom knows that I watch it, because I showed her a picture of the twins yesterday~~ She (surprisingly) said that they were cute! Then she said that she likes Shinpei more than Manpei!! lol Big Laugh So when I got that awesome reaction out of her, I showed her the Indigo4 video, and she liked it! What a Face I was really thrilled Very Happy HOWEVER, she doesn't really know anything about the plot of the show or the twins' forbidden love (^^')

SO, if my family knew~~~ I think they wouldn't be surprised. They've seen me obsess over Jrock/Vkei bands for years, and at this point, they'd probably just sigh, roll their eyes at me Rolling Eyes and then tell me I was crazy. Maybe one of my brothers would bother to ask me "what exactly is wrong with you?" but in general, they'd try to ignore it. I think they like to pretend my fangirlism doesn't exist XDD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Do your friends/family know?? Empty Re: Do your friends/family know??

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

My parents and my sister know, and since I've been obsessed with Japanese music and TV for years and years, they just don't care anymore. XD My parents don't know about Ouran specifically (beyond thinking my Usa-chan plushie is cute) and wouldn't really care either way (I think they know I like yaoi, so Ouran's pretty tame in comparison XDDD).
    My sister knows about Ouran and finds it mildly amusing when I talk about it but doesn't care past that. >w< Despite our being very close, we don't share too many interests.
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:My sister knows about Ouran and finds it mildly amusing when I talk about it but doesn't care past that. >w<

My sister is the same! She thought the anime was stupid when I made her watch it, but I think she's mildly enjoying the drama now. It gets interesting to hear opinions from someone who isn't familiar or fond of the manga/anime, because they can actually view the drama as a drama.

To stay on-topic with this discussion though, only my sister in the family knows about my Ouran obsession, and all of my friends do too, though I don't know anyone in real life who is actually a big fan of the series.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 am

My friends don't know~! I have literally no one around me who understands the power of Ouran! So I can only fan-girl with you guys T.T (sobs)
    My family know I watch a lot of Anime and Japanese Films/Dramas...When episode 2 was out and Tamaki pulls the face when shouting "Okaasan!" I shown my Dad because he came into the room and he started laughing his ass off!

But...As my Desktop Background I had the Shirtless Takagi Twins, and was looking through all the Ouran related pictures I had accumulated when suddenly! A wild little brother barged into my room...his face was like O_o and I was like O_O It's from a drama...Now he won't let up saying how I fancy half-naked Japanese men and even threatens to tell the parents! So embarrassing...
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 am

Otaku-Nipples wrote:My friends don't know~! I have literally no one around me who understands the power of Ouran! So I can only fan-girl with you guys T.T (sobs)

I'm the same~~ Only one of my friends knows about Ouran and my obsession (Oddy) but she's still in America, so I can only fangirl with her online and with you guys!! (T_T) So sad...

Otaku-Nipples wrote: ...suddenly! A wild little brother barged into my room...his face was like O_o and I was like O_O It's from a drama...Now he won't let up saying how I fancy half-naked Japanese men and even threatens to tell the parents! So embarrassing...

AAHAHAHAHA!! Big Laugh I love the way you tell that story...

Luckily my brother has finally gotten over teasing me about MY half-naked Japanese men obsession (^^') And my dad says my Vkei band men look like women T_T So I just don't show or tell him about my Japanese stuff anymore (>.>)
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:29 am

jade wrote:
    Otaku-Nipples wrote:My friends don't know~! I have literally no one around me who understands the power of Ouran! So I can only fan-girl with you guys T.T (sobs)

I'm the same~~ Only one of my friends knows about Ouran and my obsession (Oddy) but she's still in America, so I can only fangirl with her online and with you guys!! (T_T) So sad...

Otaku-Nipples wrote: ...suddenly! A wild little brother barged into my room...his face was like O_o and I was like O_O It's from a drama...Now he won't let up saying how I fancy half-naked Japanese men and even threatens to tell the parents! So embarrassing...

AAHAHAHAHA!! Big Laugh I love the way you tell that story...

Luckily my brother has finally gotten over teasing me about MY half-naked Japanese men obsession (^^') And my dad says my Vkei band men look like women T_T So I just don't show or tell him about my Japanese stuff anymore (>.>)

Haha! I think my brother might take a while to stop teasing me, he stills comes in like "I know what you are doing, stop looking at those half-naked Japanese men!"
    I daren't tell anyone about my obsession with Japanese men lately...Ouran Live Action is like a god-send haha! But if any of my friends knew (and their mostly guys) I'd never live it down...And the girls...they don't even know about Anime or ANYTHING T.T
    Same! My Mom doesn't get my fascination, but my Dad is a bit more accommodating, like, he will watch Japanese films that I buy, but when it comes down to the romance ones, he doesn't understand either!

You people are my fan-girl friends...together we are like...

Do your friends/family know?? Ourang10
    usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

Post by usa-chan Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:09 am

My friends ~
    Uh, considering I only have a few friends, most of them know that I watch anime, read manga, watch jdramas and listen to Asian music in general. I do obsess about Ouran to two of my closest friends, whom I'm convincing to watch the drama of and join the forum. You should have seen their faces when I showed them my signature. ^^ [They both love Usa-chan.]
    My family ~
    Sadly, quite a bit of my family is racist towards Asians and Asian things. Besides my brother and I, a majority of them don't know what jrock is. [especially my mum.] I could easily tell my brother, but Ouran isn't his style, he's more a Bleach/Naruto fan. :/ If they did find out, they'd question my sanity.

Oh, and because I'm not Asian, at all, I get called an Asian wannabe, if that says something about my school.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:10 am

usa-chan wrote:
    Oh, and because I'm not Asian, at all, I get called an Asian wannabe, if that says something about my school.

That's awful ^ I hate how prejudice school can be.
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:54 am

usa-chan wrote:

Yeah, that's just... what the hell?? Evil or Very Mad

I'm sorry you have to deal with stupid people like that *sigh* Where do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?
    annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 am

My sister knows about my Ouran obsession and encourages it - even though she's 13, goodness freaking Kami.

My mother knows I love everything Japan, but doesn't really get past that. Though I'm not sure she'd be surprised - she was the one who told me to put one of my teeth in my poison ring, so really, we're all too used to weirdness in this family. My dad... yeah, he doesn't care.

Then, when it comes to friends, I'm the biggest otaku most of them know, so... yeah, nobody really gets my Ouran obsession. Just this one girl from my university that I met through NaNoWriMo, we fangirl a lot together. Ouran, Death Note, Kuroshitsuji... we have most fandoms in common, so it's cool. Big Laugh

BUT GUESS WHAT THERE'S THIS COOL FORUM ONLINE WHERE EVERYONE GETS MY OBSESSION AN- oh wait.
    We're all in it! cheers
    instantcoffee
    instantcoffee
    Commoner

Post by instantcoffee Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Everyone in my family knows about my obsession with Japanese music and dramas because I constantly buy CDs and DVDs. I have a friend who's a fan of Yusuke, so when I told her about the Ouran live action, she said she might check it out.

As for my family, my dad probably wouldn't care about it at all. My brother watches certain anime and reads certain manga but when I told him about Ouran, he said he didn't care LOL. My mom, however, watches some things with me like variety shows or Arashi concerts. I made her watch the first episode of Ouran (both the live action and the anime) with me and she laughed a lot. 8D!
    りんちゃん
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Post by りんちゃん Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Both my best friends and my mom and youngest brother know - but that's because I pretty much tell them absolutely everything and at this point they're all used to my obsessive rambling. LOL. I'm unable to convince any of them just how awesome OHSHC is though, anime or live action. (None of them would dare read manga. Razz)
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:24 pm

I forgot to mention my friends...they all know. XD And don't care. Actually, not true. I'm close to convincing one of them to join this Friday's nipplechat, and some of them casually like the Ouran anime, but that's about it. XD
    demonslayermiu
    demonslayermiu
    Ouran Student

Post by demonslayermiu Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:14 pm

My mom and sister know about most if not all of my obsessions, as do most of my friends. However, not one single person I know face-to-face cares or is the same way, excluding one of my friends who I never see anymore she loves Ouran. Despite the fact that one of my guy friends introduced me to Ouran, he really isn't as obsessed with it as he should be.
    Mari
    Mari
    Commoner

Post by Mari Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm

My sister's actually the one who got me into Ouran XD She was watching the anime then told me about it and showed me a fan made PV which made me decide to watch it. She didn't predict how obsessed I'd get with it though LOL

I showed the anime to a few of my friends and they got really into it too, so I have a few buddies I can chat about it with Very Happy
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 pm

My friends know, my family knows, pretty much anyone around me knows. They ask what manga I'm reading and unless I'm borrowing someone's its Ouran... =__=
    Most of my friends are cool with it, though they think I am a bit obsessed. Which I am. Odd thing, my mom encourages it because I'm not getting in a relationship with another abusive boy because I'm in love-love with Tamaki. Weird. I am weird.
    But I'm not getting thrown around any more.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Awh, I hope you're alright. >.<

It's not weird, though. I rely on anime, dramas, and Japanese musicians in another way. I've never been in a relationship, but over-analyzing that fact caused my self esteem to drop ridiculously and made me feel worthless and pathetic. So I decided that until I find the right guy, I'll stop thinking about that, and make myself happy with fiction and music. :3
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Hey I'm single and happy! I dream of Tamaki and I'm waiting for a guy like him. Music, friends and Ouran/other anime is enough for me right now. Smile
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Me too! I've decided I'm sick of moping. >w<

And really, this is the stuff that leads to new friendships with great people like you guys, so it works out. >w<

Until we all find our Tamakis and Kyouyas and so forth, we'll have each other.

(OH GOD I'M IN A REALLY CHEESY MOOD TONIGHT APPARENTLY)
    nipplespvmk
    nipplespvmk
    Scholarship Student

Post by nipplespvmk Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:18 am

My mom knows, she helped me make a Tamaki costume for Halloween last year. She watched a tiny bit of it on youtube, but it wasn't dubbed and I don’t think she read the subs xD .
    I think she was kinda like 0_0 about it, but at least she didn't say "YOU CAN NEVER WATCH THIS AGAIN!"
    My sister knows I like it, and she has watched a couple episodes with me. She's pretty neutral about it. She likes anime and magna and stuff, she just doesn't really care about this one.
    My friends who watch anime know I like it, and they like it too. Actually, I went to two parities during the Halloween weekend dressed up and I totally thought no-one would recognize me, but at one almost everybody did, and at the other a lot of people did too. I was happy!
    ....The thread title sounds so dirty 0_0.
    usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

Post by usa-chan Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:59 am

jade wrote:
    usa-chan wrote:

Yeah, that's just... what the hell?? Evil or Very Mad

I'm sorry you have to deal with stupid people like that *sigh* Where do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?
    australia. :l
    eh, i kinda take it as a compliment now, i mean, sure, i get pissed, but it when i calm down, i just consider it as them recognising my love for things of a different culture.
    have any of you ever been insulted like that? p-p
    [oh, and the people that are Asian at my school, in a friendly way, the call me Artifical Asian. which i'm fine with. ^^]
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 am

usa-chan wrote:australia. :l
    eh, i kinda take it as a compliment now, i mean, sure, i get pissed, but it when i calm down, i just consider it as them recognising my love for things of a different culture.
    have any of you ever been insulted like that? p-p
    [oh, and the people that are Asian at my school, in a friendly way, the call me Artifical Asian. which i'm fine with. ^^]

I don't think I've ever been insulted for my love of Japanese things, amazingly. I've been addicted to it for years and years, but I managed to escape those sorts of insults. I did have a bunch of people tell me that all my Jrock/Vkei boys looked like women, and so was I gay? I just told them to go to hell and tried to ignore it. I was also lucky that I had a few friends in high school that really liked anime and manga, so I got them into Jrock pretty easily... then we just hung out together and ignored everyone else's close-mindedness. Most people thought my friends and I were really strange, anyway, so I got more of the "look at her! She's so weird! What's wrong with her?" whispers-that-I'm-supposed-to-overhear insults. And what was wrong with me? I didn't dress up... I didn't like being very girly when I was in high school. So I just wore jeans and T-shirts, and apparently this meant I was an alien from another planet. When I started really listening to Jrock and watching anime, it was this feeling like "of course the strange girl likes strange things".

Anyway, along with a few of my friends, there was always the internet! It helped me through A LOT and gave me tons of Jrock fans to talk with (^-^) It's still the same! I still go to the internet for friends that share my obsessions (like Ouran) <3

But one of the things I've noticed is how many of your brothers and sisters also like anime! It's interesting to see... my brother also likes anime. It seems that where one sibling likes something Japanese, one (or more) of the others do, too XDD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 am

I got into V-kei when I was still in elementary school (technically middle school but our school went from kindergarten to grade 8, and I was in grade Cool, and there was this one girl who would come over to bug me whenever I was admiring a new magazine or photobook or whatever, and INSIST that they were girls. Not even, "oh they look like girls, I can't believe they're guys," no. She would be like, "Those are girls. You're stupid for thinking they're guys." ugh.

But once I got into high school, it's been fine. My high school is a very odd place, and also there's no chance I'd be called Asian as an insult or nickname from my interests, because the school is at least 1/3 Asian. XD
    (also our Anime club was the biggest and most active club last year, woot woot. >w<)
    KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Post by KaoruHitachiin Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:50 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote: (also our Anime club was the biggest and most active club last year, woot woot. >w<)
    wow an anime club! that's so cool (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

One of my sisters shares the ouran obsession with me, but apart from her, no one in my family knows what is ouran, in school instead of saying hi my sister shouts "Hikaru or nothing!" and If I see her first I say "Kaoru or nothing!" yep, we kinda have our ~favorite twin~ c:
    Fidei-Avi
    Fidei-Avi
    Scholarship Student

Location : Saving the world... Or under your bed, whichever makes you happier.

Post by Fidei-Avi Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 am

Family: Uhm... In my immediate family I think they know that I like Ouran, ... Actually I doubt they even remember... lol If they knew... I want to know the answer to that myself. Lol My family is a big fan of at least filipino drama (and remakes of other dramas), so I think she'd be at least interested in the live action Ouran. Razz My dad would probably be the same way, but Ouran is too Shoujo for him. XD

I visited the Philippines a month ago and I found my anime soul twin (cousin). Razz Our obsession with ouran was HUGEEEEEEEEE and we spent the day talking about it. (<3 I'M NOT ALONE IN MY FAMILY! *sobs*)

lol Saying my friends know is an understatement.
    I introduced them to Ouran >:3 I REGRET NOTHING
    And now. We squee together. lol My friend, Jasmine is a fan of Mori. My friend C. Thomas is a fan of Honey. I'm a fan of Kyouya *faints*, and my friend Jenny stares at us like we're insane, but likes to watch along side us anyway. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am