Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
enggrrl
abtomat
yetimati
Emelie
cheesyfleas
JennyJukes
blackbalsam
Tacoko
Beelzenef
Laila007
writtenasneu
diasleepy
Keshia
lovelylaur75
Tama
Gemini Rose
miffychan
Babyface21
ChaoticNipples
Akira14
Isidarnipples
setolove
KaoruHitachiin
Reina
Fujioka Haruhi
trixi
Oddy
MangaMistrezz
seaweed
Nipples Admin
Cinnamonipples
annanipples
ManpeiFanservice
yanie
Mrs.Takagi
Otaku-Nipples
jade
41 posters

Twins appreciation

Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Empty Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Mrs.Takagi Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 am

jade wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Twins appreciation - Page 20 Little10

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Little11

OMG THOSE PICTURES Onion Love Eyes Onion Nosebleed

...I wonder if I could translate that interview there...? Cunnin Onion Idea

Well you know, I've never been the type to turn down a free translation Jade-sama. . . Big Laugh

But jeez, aren't you already swampped with a bunch of translation requests already? (Including mine?)

If you really want to translate this one, by all means, go for it.

But I won't mind if you don't either.

I'm just as happy with staring at a sexy Manpei Onion Nosebleed
    seaweed
    seaweed
    Scholarship Student

Post by seaweed Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:30 am

Let me just fix this sentence.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Manpei: "Dude, you sleep in the bedroom right next to mine. . .go away. . . Rolling Eyes "
    Razz

"Dude, you sleep in our bed right next to me. . ."

There. All better. Onion Daydreaming
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 am

seaweed wrote:Let me just fix this sentence.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Manpei: "Dude, you sleep in the bedroom right next to mine. . .go away. . . Rolling Eyes "
    Razz

"Dude, you sleep in our bed right next to me. . ."

There. All better. Onion Daydreaming

Big Laugh Big Laugh Big Laugh Thank you for fixing that "error" there! XD

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Well you know, I've never been the type to turn down a free translation Jade-sama. . . Big Laugh

But jeez, aren't you already swampped with a bunch of translation requests already? (Including mine?)

If you really want to translate this one, by all means, go for it.

But I won't mind if you don't either.

I'm just as happy with staring at a sexy Manpei Onion Nosebleed

(^^') Yeah, I do have quite a list going right now... but that's just it! That's why it's a LIST~ I can always add this to it and enjoy staring at sexy Manpei until I get around to it!

Currently: Ikemen Deru Variety Show with the twins
    Concurrently: The Official Photobook interviews
    - Twins X Haruna cross talk
    - Manpei solo
    - Shinpei solo
    - Nakamura X Chiba cross talk
    - Yamamoto X Daito cross talk
    - Maybe more later
    Concurrently: Interesting twins blog entries
    Next: All Cast Interviews from 9/2011 JUNON
    Later: Interviews from 10/2011 JUNON
    Afterward: The twins' photoshoot + interview video
    Afterward: Manpei's Little Alice interview from Mrs.Takagi's scans

I REGRET NOTHING
    blackbalsam
    blackbalsam
    Scholarship Student

Post by blackbalsam Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:54 am

jade wrote:
    - Manpei solo
    - Shinpei solo
    - Maybe more later

Thank you so much for your translations and, please, don't push it too hard on yourself, jade! Onion Drinks Tea
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:21 pm

jade wrote:

- Manpei solo
    - Shinpei solo
    - Maybe more later

I REGRET NOTHING

Gawd, Jade-sama, Y U SO AWESOME???

This list makes my life thus far seem so insignificant Tamashrooms
    abtomat
    abtomat
    Commoner

Post by abtomat Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

jade wrote:

(^^') Yeah, I do have quite a list going right now... but that's just it! That's why it's a LIST~ I can always add this to it and enjoy staring at sexy Manpei until I get around to it!

- Manpei solo
    - Shinpei solo
    - Maybe more later

I REGRET NOTHING

thank you jade sama for everything you do for the fandom!!!
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:24 am

I can't even. . .

There's no way I can. . .

They're just so. . .

And the way they talk is. . .

*high pitched fangirl screaming* Onion XD

I don't know what they're saying here and I really don't care. . .I'm thrilled to tears to just listen to them talk.

They just look so cool and masculine and amazing Onion Daydreaming Onion Blush

*I think I'm actually shaking a little bit from just watching this*

FURUWASHI!!!! Onion Love Eyes

Manpei-kun, Shinpei-kun. . .

I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH11 Onion Starry Eyes Onion Nosebleed

AND I WILL GLADLY BEAR YOUR CHILDREN!!

Uh-oh. . .what's happening. . .?

My chest. . . can't breathe. . .heart is beating too fast. . .!!

Dead Onion

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:22 am

AWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~~~ Thank you for posting this!! o(^-^)o

They are SO CUTE. BTW, when they start talking about the other actors, I love how much more Shinpei talks! And he's much louder, whereas Manpei gets really quiet. BUT - #1 cute: THEIR CONCENTRATION FACES. When they're trying really hard to think of what they want to say, they get the SAME FACE XDD

BTW~ I did NOT mean to do this, but I was understanding them so well, and a few lines were so cute, I decided to give the general idea of a few of their answers. Then when I saw what I'd done, I thought, "Maybe I'll just watch the video one more time and type up the general gist of all of it." But instead of a general gist, I kind've ended up translating the video >.> It's a pretty general/rough translation since it was actually an accident (it only took me about 20 minutes once I started), but now you'll know what they're saying... (^^')

------
    Manpei starts by saying that feelings changed while he was reading the original manga so that at one point, he felt as if he had become Kaoru. Hitachiin Kaoru had really peaked his interest (I know Shinpei was dead set on being Hikaru from the moment he read the manga, according to another interview). So "who will be who?" was decided before they ever actually sat down and decided it. Manpei says that when he got the part, that he felt a responsibility to research Kaoru... research and research because he felt a little uncertain, but he was really happy.

Shinpei says that when he read the manga, he was, of course, drawn to the twins. And that even though they've been playing a lot of twin roles together recently, the Hitachiin brothers are the closest twins they've ever played... and he saw how close they were when he was reading the manga. When he finished reading the manga he thought, "Yes, these are roles that Manpei and I can definitely get our hands on!"

Manpei talks about Haruna and says that she was really reserved when they first met on set, but after that she loosened up and became completely different during rehearsal. She's a really bright and energetic personality... and that he's actually a FAN! (LMAO)

Shinpei says Yusuke is like he looks. He's really manly and a mood-maker, but a definite actor. When it comes to the set, he's a definite leader-type personality.

Shinpei says about Ryuusei, he's a really pretty guy, cleaned up... when you talk to him, he's a really normal guy, though. He says he's a really good actor, though

About Masaya, Manpei says "wow he's huge!" (LOL) But he's got great style, especially in acting. He researches a lot. When they went out for food together and talked, he realized he's a really warm person... that he's got something in him that's great.

Shinpei says about Chiba, that when he first looked at him he thought "wow, he's super cute!" That he liked Honey-senpai when he first read the manga, and that when he saw Chiba, he thought "Honey-senpai!" Shinpei was really worried about who they were going to get to play Honey because he liked the character, and when he saw Chiba, he was like, "This kid can really do it!" and then he wasn't worried at all.

Manpei thinks that Daito's Kansai accent is hilarious! But that Daito is actually the number one mood-maker to him. Daito researches for his role a lot and works very hard on how to say his lines. As a person he really likes him, and hopes that they can work together again.

Shinpei's goal as an actor is to work and act! He really wanted to be an actor 'right now!' and it was the only thing he thought about on his way to the set/stage, so even now his number 1 goal is just to get out there and do it.

Manpei says that he doesn't want to always be thought about as twins, but as a person. He wants people to see Manpei's acting as Manpei by himself. So that he has to work really hard on his own to make people see him as himself.

Shinpei wants Ouran to give people dreams, and to cheer them on and encourage them... for this drama to have that kind of power. But he thinks that maybe there are various dreams it can give people.

Manpei wants people to watch and think at first "those idiots! they're so funny!" To watch and feel things for the characters has meaning. He doesn't want people to constantly think of all the bad things in their lives or think of nothing at all, but to watch Ouran, to see them and smile and feel something... that's their job, to make people feel things, but that's what has meaning. He believes that's what gives his job meaning.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:00 am

jade wrote:AWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~~~ Thank you for posting this!! o(^-^)o

They are SO CUTE. BTW, when they start talking about the other actors, I love how much more Shinpei talks! And he's much louder, whereas Manpei gets really quiet. BUT - #1 cute: THEIR CONCENTRATION FACES. When they're trying really hard to think of what they want to say, they get the SAME FACE XDD

BTW~ I did NOT mean to do this, but I was understanding them so well, and a few lines were so cute, I decided to give the general idea of a few of their answers. Then when I saw what I'd done, I thought, "Maybe I'll just watch the video one more time and type up the general gist of all of it." But instead of a general gist, I kind've ended up translating the video >.> It's a pretty general/rough translation since it was actually an accident (it only took me about 20 minutes once I started), but now you'll know what they're saying... (^^')

------

Shocked

Jade-sama. . .

You really light up my life, you know that right?

I'm serious, I'm probably your biggest fan right now.

I have half a mind to hop on the first thing smoking to wherever you are, and just become your personal servant/slave girl.

With the happiness I get from these translations you give us. . .it would be totally worth it :3 Nodding

THANK YOU SO-SO-SO MUCH!!! Hug

Ah, it means so much to me, it really does! (and to the rest of us Takagi fangirls, I'm sure.)

Now as far as the translations go and what they said. . .

1) I have to giggle and shake my head everytime I read about one of the twins calling other guys "cute" or "pretty". Razz I'm used to women complimenting each other on their physical features, but it's still fairly new to me when I hear guys doing the same thing. Bt I actually like it, because I think it shows comfort in masculinity (does that makes sense? confused ) To me, it shows that a guy isn't determined to show how "manly" and "macho" he is, so saying that another guy is 'cute' or 'handsome' is no big deal.
    How awesome is that?! Very Happy

2)My heart melts into a pool of mush whenever the twins talk about how much they love their job. They just work so hard and have so much fun, and it seems like one of their top goals is to continue to please their fans. They never mention anything about the fame, or the money, and they never complain: it's all about the job and the fans. And even though they clearly have fun acting, they take their job VERY seriously. They focus on the positive bits of their job and are totally dedicated to doing their best.
    Such beautiful and heartfelt words!! Wooby Onion Eyes

3) I've totally gotten used to the fact than Shinpei not only tends to talk louder than Manpei, but does most of the talking in general LOL I think it's that energetic and bubbly side of him showing! I find it rather refreshing, and Manpei doesn't seem to mind (or if he does, he hides it very well.) hahaha

Which brings me to my final point. . .

4) I like the fact that even though Man and Shin enjoy working with each other and playing the "twin" roles, that they still strive to be recognized as individuals and not just as "the twins." (Does that makes sense too?) I for one, really understand and appreciate that: they have a lot in common but as we've all figured out by now, they are two totally different people with completely seperate personalities. I think they bring out the best in each other when they're together, but just the same, they stand out when they do seperate projects as well. I suspect that after Ouran, they'll go back to doing seperate acting gigs for a while, which I think is great Onion Whistle And to be honest I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.
    Maybe they'll even start doing more mature 'adult' roles and lay off playing teenagers. . .now THAT I'd really like to see Cunning Onion

They have each others full support and I totally think that Man and Shin have a full career ahead of them. And if all goes well, I know I'll definitely be behind them every step of the way! Who knows, if I manage to creep my way into Japan, I'll get to be "behind them" literally as well. . . Twisted Evil

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to continue with my swooning now. . .

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Iluvit10
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Shocked

Jade-sama. . .

You really light up my life, you know that right?

I'm serious, I'm probably your biggest fan right now.

I have half a mind to hop on the first thing smoking to wherever you are, and just become your personal servant/slave girl.

With the happiness I get from these translations you give us. . .it would be totally worth it :3 Nodding

THANK YOU SO-SO-SO MUCH!!! Hug

Ah, it means so much to me, it really does! (and to the rest of us Takagi fangirls, I'm sure.)

(^________^) Glad I could brighten up your day <3

Mrs.Takagi wrote:I've totally gotten used to the fact than Shinpei not only tends to talk louder than Manpei, but does most of the talking in general LOL I think it's that energetic and bubbly side of him showing! I find it rather refreshing, and Manpei doesn't seem to mind (or if he does, he hides it very well.) hahaha

I bet Manpei not only doesn't mind, but he probably feels relieved! If he's reserved, he's not as good at social things like chit chat. Shinpei's far more energetic and bubbly, so it comes to him naturally... with Shin-chan around, Man-chan can just sit back and watch, only talking when he wants to while Shin-chan bears the responsibility and attention of the conversation (^-^) They work perfectly as a team (^o^)v

(and I hope they start doing more mature 'adult' roles after this, too >:3 )

BTW, the amount of fanservice these two give is unending... even in other shows like Indigo no Yoru. And I'm SO grateful for that XD So I hope they do more things alone, but I also love it when they act together. We always end up with things like this:

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Twinsdrinking

I swear if they were really hosts and I knew where they worked, I'd go BROKE because I'd be out drinking with them every chance I got~!! LOL
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:35 pm

jade wrote:

I swear if they were really hosts and I knew where they worked, I'd go BROKE because I'd be out drinking with them every chance I got~!! LOL

Gawd, if only they were... *inner mind theatre*
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I am such a terrible person. xD Even though I love the twins, I never feel bothered to read all the interviews and the blogs and all that. I read a few but I usually just skim past most of it, 'cause I am terrible like that. xD Actually, I do that for EVERYTHING that I like. >3>

I should get involved more. xD But most likely, I woooooont. xD

I do like that they are close, though, and they are seriously the perfect pair for the Hitachiin twins. I am kinda interested in what other Dramas the two are in. I hope they are subbed, 'cause like hell I'm gonna sit though them Raw so I can get all irritated 'cause I can't understand shit. xD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:18 pm

More Takagi goodness here!!! cheers

I apologize for those of you who are unable to watch this. . .I don't live in Japan, but I was able to watch the video clip just fine, so I'm not sure how it'll work for everyone else. . .

But anyway, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, this is a clip of Manpei, Haruna and Shinpei while they were filming for the Karuizawa episode.

(Someone pointed out in another thread that Shinpei kept gazing at Haruna. . .I thought that it looked like he was staring at Manpei for a few moments there Razz

You guys can be the judge.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0408.html?no=m0408
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:48 am

In actuality, I think Shin-chan was staring at both of them, off and on (^^') Shin always watches the person's that's talking with intensity~ lol But he definitely kept looking over at Man-chan with this "what do you think?" expression XD

Speaking of "what does Man think?" about episode 9... here he is!

*~+~*~+~*~+~*~+~*~+~*~+~*

2011-09-18 21:26:28
    "TTTV -> Salon -> Rehearsal"

Twins appreciation - Page 20 M20110918-1

Twins appreciation - Page 20 M20110918-2

Good evening ☆
    Thank you for all your thoughts!

"Ouran High School Host Club"
    Episode 9
    The filming in Karuizawa had a pretty full schedule.
    We filmed from the morning to the middle of the night, so it was hard m(__)m
    But for Shinpei and Haru, I think it was even harder.
    Shinpei looked so cool running while soaking wet, that during filming
    even though I would absolutely never say this normally, I accidentally blurted out these embarrassing words:
    "Are you OK? That was really amazing!" (laugh)
    But those two really did work hard and make it that good.
    As for me (Kaoru), it was maybe emotionally painful.
    I feel like my last line was packed with a lot of feeling.

Thank you
    to everyone that watched and gave me such encouragement with their words and opinions.

There are 2 more episodes of Ouran left!!
    Please keep watching it all the way to the end (●^ー^●)

This morning, I filmed for TTTV ☆

Then,

I went to the salon to prepare for the movie ☆

Then,

I had acting and singing rehearsal for the play "Kizuna"!!

It was a pretty busy day m(__)m
    Thanks to that,
    I'll be on the couch for awhile (laugh)
    But I love this kind of day ☆

Tomorrow is the last of the consecutive holidays!
    Please enjoy it with a smile ☆彡

Note: Monday is a national holiday in Japan, so it was a 3-day weekend (^-^)
    Friday is ALSO a national holiday, so it will be a 3-day week, then we'll have another 3-day weekend o(^-^)o
    They call this stretch of time "Silver Week" in Japan. "Golden Week" is in May and it has 4 holidays close by each other (^-^)v

---

Anyway, so I feel like the more I read about these two, the more I understand them. So Manpei definitely dotes on Shinpei, and he loves him and says sweet words to him... just not in front of other people! Shin, as we all know very well, doesn't give a damn about what people think and he'll tell Man how cool he is all the time. When asked who he would spend the rest of his life on a deserted island with, he comes straight out and says "Manpei" with no shame. Manpei, on the other hand, doesn't even want to tell Shin how cool he is in front of others... these direct words of affection are embarrassing. But then again, he'll tell him with his actions. He'll say that he reads Shin's blog every single day, and comment in it. He'll tel us that he won't sleep all night if Shin is sick so he can stay up and take care of him. He'll write in his blog that Shinpei went home and he's lonely and he wants Shinpei back... but he'll be too embarrassed to call Shin and just ASK. He'll steal Shin's food in retaliation for being left alone! But when Shin went off for filming something awhile ago, he missed their dog, Love, and called Man to check on him without hesitating (and then Man got onto him for worrying too much! lol)

In other words, their introvert and extrovert personalities REALLY change the way they act and respond. I think Manpei will lie in his answers very often to avoid being embarrassed with his level of affection towards Shinpei (He would never answer that he would spend the rest of his life with Shinpei on a deserted island, but you know for sure that in actuality, he would choose Shinpei). Manpei said that he'd never tell Shin during filming that he was really cool, but maybe he would say it at home when it's just the two of them... when he feels comfortable being affectionate. Shinpei, on the other hand, doesn't ever lie or hide or hesitate about his level of affection. He doesn't care if the whole world is watching, he just wants to be like Manpei and wants Manpei to know it!

...again, how I wish to be a fly on the wall of their apartment and see the types of things Manpei is capable of in regards to Shinpei when he feels comfortable <3

Onion Blush
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm

jade wrote:

Anyway, so I feel like the more I read about these two, the more I understand them. So Manpei definitely dotes on Shinpei, and he loves him and says sweet words to him... just not in front of other people! Shin, as we all know very well, doesn't give a damn about what people think and he'll tell Man how cool he is all the time. When asked who he would spend the rest of his life on a deserted island with, he comes straight out and says "Manpei" with no shame. Manpei, on the other hand, doesn't even want to tell Shin how cool he is in front of others... these direct words of affection are embarrassing. But then again, he'll tell him with his actions. He'll say that he reads Shin's blog every single day, and comment in it. He'll tel us that he won't sleep all night if Shin is sick so he can stay up and take care of him. He'll write in his blog that Shinpei went home and he's lonely and he wants Shinpei back... but he'll be too embarrassed to call Shin and just ASK. He'll steal Shin's food in retaliation for being left alone! But when Shin went off for filming something awhile ago, he missed their dog, Love, and called Man to check on him without hesitating (and then Man got onto him for worrying too much! lol)

In other words, their introvert and extrovert personalities REALLY change the way they act and respond. I think Manpei will lie in his answers very often to avoid being embarrassed with his level of affection towards Shinpei (He would never answer that he would spend the rest of his life with Shinpei on a deserted island, but you know for sure that in actuality, he would choose Shinpei). Manpei said that he'd never tell Shin during filming that he was really cool, but maybe he would say it at home when it's just the two of them... when he feels comfortable being affectionate. Shinpei, on the other hand, doesn't ever lie or hide or hesitate about his level of affection. He doesn't care if the whole world is watching, he just wants to be like Manpei and wants Manpei to know it!

...again, how I wish to be a fly on the wall of their apartment and see the types of things Manpei is capable of in regards to Shinpei when he feels comfortable <3

Onion Blush

Very interesting points you've made here, Jade-sama. Wink

I have noticed lately that Manpei is a little more reserved when it comes to showing affection towards Shin. (And conversely, Shinpei is not shy when it comes to showing Public Displays of Affection to Manpei Big Laugh )

Oh, but let Shinpei be gone for more than a day or two, or if Shin gets sick, gets hurt, or is upset about something, then it's BIG BRO TO THE RESCUE!! cheers

(Could they be any MORE of the stereotypical husband and wife??)

JEEZ, IF WE COULD ONLY SOMEHOW SNEAK TINY CAMREAS INTO THEIR APARTMENT TO SEE THE EXCHANGE OF AFFECTION IN ACTION!! Onion T_T

I'm literally just making up random scenarios in my head of what possible little "I Love You" moments these two share when it's just the two of them. . .

-Huddling together in bed on cold nights to stay warm (probably in Shin's bed though because apparently Manpei is against keeping sheets and blankets on his bed. . . Rolling Eyes )

-One brother gets sick and the other one sits by his side all day/night until he gets better.

-Maybe Shinpei had a bad day and Manpei gives him a brotherly hug and tries to cheer him up.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally think that Shin has kissed Manpei on the cheek when they're home alone Cunning Onion Whether it's to comfort him or as a form of teasing, I don't know. . .but I definitely get this vibe from him.

I mean, from watching Ouran, we know what they're willing to do with each other on camera. So that must mean that in the privacy of their own home, any and all restrictions are out the window, right? RIGHT??

Random picture time!! *clapclapclap*

Twins appreciation - Page 20 85310
    *Man-chan, how can you be so masculine and still look SOO cute??*

Twins appreciation - Page 20 20090913

Twins appreciation - Page 20 20090914
    *I'm not 100% sure, but that might be their grandmother in the picture*

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Devil_11

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Img20034
    *I LOOOOOOVE how this picture brings out his beautiful eyes Wooby Onion Eyes *

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Maneat10

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Tumblr43

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Tumblr44
    yetimati
    Scholarship Student

Post by yetimati Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 pm

jade wrote:

Onion Blush

Thanks jade-sama for these wonderful informations. You describes them perfectly true, as I read more about them I really got the same feeling as you, their personality really match their action Very Happy. And Shin is such a cute brother, he easily got jealous EVERY time people compliment Man and try to argue with them to get atention, even goes as far as reveal his brother embarassing secret Laughing but on the other hand, he praises Man every time he got a chance, it's KAWAAIIIIII !!!

I dont know about you guy, but to me Man look cool and Shin look cute, they give me completely different aura, to the point that I can't believe I used to mistook them for each other Laughing

Oh, and I've just found a series of cast comment video from Gekiranger (of course, include Manpei too). It could've been entertaining to watch only if Manpei TALKED just a little more there. Really, sometime he felt like he's forcing himself to said something, it really painful Neutral . I guess his introvert personality really showed itself there, compare to when he does interviews with Shin, I can clearly see a gap. The only time when he's really active at talking was when he comment about his brother in ep 38 Very Happy
    Two video from the series, you can watch and make the comparision:

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Twins appreciation - Page 20 Tumblr43
    I was scrolling down the page
    and then I was like
    "STOP
    as hot as those boys are
    THOSE OUTFITS
    ARE UNATTRACTIVE."

(especially the shorts. XD)
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:56 pm

yetimati wrote:
    I dont know about you guy, but to me Man look cool and Shin look cute, they give me completely different aura, to the point that I can't believe I used to mistook them for each other Laughing

Oh, and I've just found a series of cast comment video from Gekiranger (of course, include Manpei too). It could've been entertaining to watch only if Manpei TALKED just a little more there. Really, sometime he felt like he's forcing himself to said something, it really painful Neutral . I guess his introvert personality really showed itself there, compare to when he does interviews with Shin, I can clearly see a gap. The only time when he's really active at talking was when he comment about his brother in ep 38 Very Happy
    Two video from the series, you can watch and make the comparision:

So so true!

Man and Shin definitely give off different vibes. Once fans get to know them and learn about them on a more personal level, it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get them mixed up! I've actually even discovered just today that I can tell them apart by their voices now!!

I can't describe it because it's difficult to explain. . .but the tone of their voices is slightly different when they speak.
    How should I say this. . .Manpei sounds a bit more "calm yet firm" when he speaks. I also think his voice is slightly lower. . .I'm still testing that theory though LOL

Even the way they pose for pictures shows the difference in their personalities (and you're right, Manpei definitely gives off this "cool" aura and Shinpei has the "cute" one ^_^

Oh, and thank you Yetimati for the video clips!

I've actually watched a couple of these GekiRanger commentaries before, and yes, it's definitely awkward to watch because Manpei hardly says anything until someone asks him a direct question Razz For the most part he just sort of sit there quietely, chimes in to agree with what someone said or to put his on 2 cents (a word or two here and there.)

Since I don't understand too much Japanese, I usually just watch these commentaries to see what Manpei's wearing (he's so stylish!!! Cool ) and to hopefully catch a moment or two of him smiling or laughing Onion Starry Eyes
    Honestly, there's moments where I'm not even sure if he's actually paying attention to the conversation.
    Like the other cast members will be chatting, discussing an episode or something, and I look over and Manpei and he just has this sort of "glazed over" look on his face. And in my mind I'm going "Manpei. . .earth to Manpei. Come in, Manpei. Are you still with us?"
    LOL

But he's mentioned before in his blogs that he's a bit of an airhead/tends to space out a lot.
    I watched the part where they were discussing the episode where Shinpei guest starred on. . .PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who noticed that Manpei was smiling uncontrollably during that whole segment??
    Very Happy
    He was literally grinning like he couldn't stop, like he was really happy to be talking about Shin. It was so cute and so sweet! Onion Daydreaming

I think maybe he does seem slightly more animated when he does interviews with Shin (like the "Off-Shot" interviews the two of them did with the Ouran cast. He really seemed excited and energetic when he did those.) Although in the end. . .Shinpei still does most of the talking. . .hahaha

I just really find that introvert part of his personality so charming. Because he's still capable of acting crazy and immature, he's just not as upfront about it as Shin. I think Man is (like me) more careful about how he presents himself to people.

Maybe he is the princely type after all. . . Onion Love Eyes
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    and then I was like
    "STOP
    as hot as those boys are
    THOSE OUTFITS
    ARE UNATTRACTIVE."

OH SAME
    It's a shame as well, since it's such a lovely picture besides the shorts (in my opinion, if they were normal shorts and the vest wasn't tucked it, it would be fine). Their hair and expressions and gaze and pose are so perfectly beautiful, only to be brought down by THOSE DAMN SHORTS. Disapproving Twins
    Though I guess we could always ignore the bottom of the picture and pretend it never happened ...
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Tama wrote:
    Cinnamonipples wrote:
    and then I was like
    "STOP
    as hot as those boys are
    THOSE OUTFITS
    ARE UNATTRACTIVE."

OH SAME
    It's a shame as well, since it's such a lovely picture besides the shorts (in my opinion, if they were normal shorts and the vest wasn't tucked it, it would be fine). Their hair and expressions and gaze and pose are so perfectly beautiful, only to be brought down by THOSE DAMN SHORTS. Disapproving Twins
    Though I guess we could always ignore the bottom of the picture and pretend it never happened ...

LOL I think the picture is a promotion photo from a play they did a few years back. . .
    Is the picture awkward possibly because the twins have such slim figures?

I mean of course, they're both beautiful, handsome specimens but. . .let's be frank: they really are quite skinny LOL

Maybe the feeling would be different if the picture was of someone like Daito Shunuske (who is more muscular)?

(That reminds me, the other day when I was looking through Manpei's past blogs, I found yet another picture he took of his bare legs in the air. . . Rolling Eyes I was going to save it and post it, but then I changed my mind, because I wasn't sure of the feedback it would get. . .hahaha
    And in case you're wondering. . .he has long legs, that are kind of thick and musclely around the thighs, but then skinny from his knees to his ankles. Oh, and from the picture I saw, his feet are quite long. . . Razz )
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:56 pm

It's not their skinniness. It's those horrible shorts. XD
    They look like underwear gone wrong or something. >w<
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

LOL I think the picture is a promotion photo from a play they did a few years back. . .
    Is the picture awkward possibly because the twins have such slim figures?

I mean of course, they're both beautiful, handsome specimens but. . .let's be frank: they really are quite skinny LOL

Maybe the feeling would be different if the picture was of someone like Daito Shunuske (who is more muscular)?

(That reminds me, the other day when I was looking through Manpei's past blogs, I found yet another picture he took of his bare legs in the air. . . Rolling Eyes I was going to save it and post it, but then I changed my mind, because I wasn't sure of the feedback it would get. . .hahaha
    And in case you're wondering. . .he has long legs, that are kind of thick and musclely around the thighs, but then skinny from his knees to his ankles. Oh, and from the picture I saw, his feet are quite long. . . Razz )

I've seen that picture in this thread, I'm sure~

I don't think it would be any different with Daito...
    I THINK IT'S JUST THE SHORTS Sad Tamaki
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:58 pm

LOL Sorry, I guess I just don't see it the way the rest of you do. . .

I just think it's because they're so slim, that the shorts look awkward the shorts themselves don't necessarily bother me.

I mean I think the play was about marathon runners (or something to that affect). Aren't those the type of shorts that professional runners wear anyway?

I've seen others pictures of the cast from the play, and ALL the male actors were wearing them.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't care who wears them, I've always thought professional runner outfits looked rather unfortunate. XD
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 am

Twins appreciation - Page 20 Tumblr43

Maybe it's just me... but I don't mind the shorts at all. All runners wear them, and they all look stupid. But ignore how bad those shorts look fashion-wise, because IMHO, focusing on the shorts is missing the bigger picture. Maybe I'm just a perv, but I'm so focused on naked thighs that I barely register the shorts' existence, except in the unfortunate way they cover the rest of their lower halves... *cough* >.> I mean, what?

Onion Nosebleed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm