Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Come 2008 Summer (Twins Interview)

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Good Come 2008 Summer (Twins Interview) Empty Good Come 2008 Summer (Twins Interview)

Post by jade

Manpei Takagi and his younger brother Shinpei are identical twins ☆ From the moment they were born, they’ve always been together, even choosing the same career path as actors. Not sick of each other, they’re mysteriously close, even after being together year after year! Are their feelings as exact as their DNA? We checked with GC’s super popular compatibility quiz!

Since you’re twins, let’s check your compatibility and synchronization rate!

START

As soon as we handed Shinpei a blue sketchbook and Manpei a red one, Manpei comments, “Oh, this is nostalgic~ a long time ago, we used to wear matching outfits, except we decided that I would wear red and Shinpei would wear blue. Now I’m playing GekiBlue, so my ‘blue’ image is really prevalent but when I was young, I only wore red.” Their handwriting is also an exact match♪

Q1 What’s the biggest fight you have had and what caused it? Who apologized?

This answer matched. When they first started living together, Manpei complained to Shinpei that he wasn’t helping out with the chores and Shinpei got angry instead (laugh). Shinpei kicked over and scattered all of their clean laundry that Manpei had worked hard to fold, and it started a big fight (laugh). It seems that after some reflection on the matter, Shinpei apologized. Manpei commented, “It’s pretty stupid, huh? (laugh) But the only fights we have are of this sort. We have these trivial fights like an old married couple, and then as soon as we argue, we make up.”

Q2 Please tell us about each other’s weak points.

According to Shinpei, Manpei’s weakness is “bugs” but according to Manpei, it’s “parents”. The other day, there was a well-known black bug that appeared in their room, and Manpei’s panic was amazing (laugh). Also, when Manpei is in front of his father, it seems that he gets really nervous. According to Manpei, Shinpei’s weakness is “driving a car” because when he’s driving their father’s car, he’s really nervous. Shinpai said he really dislikes “hijiki”, the black edible seaweed sold in dried strips, because it’s said that the more hijiki you eat, the darker your hair will become, so they were forced to eat it all the time (laugh)

Q3 What do you like about each other? See if you can guess what you think your partner will say.

Shinpei said that he likes that Manpei will come out and say things plainly. Because they’re brothers, Manpei will give honest, constructive criticism on a scene, etc, so Shinpei can improve himself, and Shinpei’s grateful. Conversely, Manpei said he thought his kindness and dependability would be liked (laugh). Then Manpei said that he likes how Shinpei is so happy and energetic. When Shinpei has a cold, and he stops being bubbly, Manpei worries about him and won’t even go to sleep so he can take care of Shinpei. It seems Shinpei thought it was his strong determination to never give up that would be liked.

Q4 This time, what do you want to fix about each other? See if you can guess your partner’s answer.

Manpei said that he hates Shinpei’s lack of planning and his complaining. When asked if that’s what Shinpei thought Manpei hated, he was right and said “my tendency to nag”. Surprisingly, it seems Manpei is moody. When we asked if Shinpei if he also said Manpei’s temperamental side, Shinpei had also answered “his lack of planning”. But Manpei worries about Shinpei who never really saves money, and often buys Shinpei’s meals (laugh).

Q5 What makes you glad you’re twins?

This answer matched. “That we could enter the same company and we can work together.” Manpei said, “Without Shinpei, I wouldn’t have decided to become an actor, and because he never gives up, I also do my best.” Shinpei also had a similar feeling, saying, “Because Manpei is here, I’m motivated every day, and my opportunities have increased. Manpei gives me emotional support so I can do my best,” recognizing the perks of being twins more as actors working together than as brothers, but they think they’re happy being able to be as close to each other as possible.

Compatibility results

More than ‘twins’, more than ‘brothers’, these two have an ‘old married couple’ type of relationship (laugh). These two have been coupled for many years and I expected that they would know each other thoroughly, but I was frequently surprised that there are parts of each other they know nothing about as well. Even though they have the same DNA, it’s because they have completely different characteristics and personalities that they’re so motivated and extremely close! Even though they fight over trivial things, a minute later they make up ☆ Whether praising or bad-mouthing each other, it’s a relationship with no pretenses, so their pairing is a definite plus. I’m as jealous as I can be!

~*~*~*~*~

What’s your favorite season?
    Manpei – summer
    Shinpei – summer

What movie would you go see together?
    Manpei – “Touch”
    Shinpei – “Touch”

When you get in the bath, where do you wash first?
    Manpei – hair
    Shinpei – hair

What do you do first when you wake up in the morning?
    Manpei – stretch
    Shinpei – brush my teeth

What do you often order at family restaurants?
    Manpei – the drink bar
    Shinpei – the drink bar

How do you approach someone that you like?
    Manpei – I come straight out and tell them I like them.
    Shinpei – I can’t do anything but come straight out and tell them.

What food do you like?
    Manpei – sushi
    Shinpei – melon

What color do you like?
    Manpei – white
    Shinpei – white

Where would you go on a first date?
    Manpei – Disneyland
    Shinpei – To Harajuku to eat crepes together

What part of your face do you like?
    Manpei – eyes
    Shinpei – eyes

~*~*~*~*~

Manpei: This is the first time I’ve ever heard that you like melon (laugh)

Shinpei: Not like so much as I just want to eat it right now! It was a gut reaction, a gut reaction! I knew that you like sushi, though.

Manpei: What is that, going to Harajuku for crepes!? (laugh)

Shinpei: Shut up~! (laugh) It’s ok, isn’t it? But, when I look at this, we have a lot of similar answers after all.

Manpei: So you wash your hair first, right? What next?

Shinpei: I rinse once.

Manpei: Naturally. Next?

Shinpei: Conditioner.

Manpei: Certainly! Let’s say it at the same time… next?

Manpei & Shinpei together: brush my teeth!

Manpei:, Of course, while the conditioner sets, you brush your teeth. And next?

Shinpei: Rinse out the conditioner.

Manpei: I wash my body without rinsing.

Shinpei: Why?! I said it before, didn’t I, that if you wash your body and then rinse the conditioner, the conditioner gets stuck to your skin, doesn’t it!?

Manpei: Because I want the conditioner to set longer, even if it’s only for another minute!... ...and that’s the usual kind of stupid thing we fight about every day (laugh)

Shinpei: And letting or not letting me use the cell phone headphones also turns into a fight.

Manpei: We also have the same kind of phone, but Shinpei doesn’t have headphones for it.

Shinpei: We listen to music on the train by using a headphone each, but when I think about it more, it’s embarrassing (laugh). So even though I ask him to use them, he won’t let me.

Manpei: It’s alright to listen to it together, isn’t it? (laugh)

Shinpei: The kind of girls we’re interested in is the same, too, so it’s difficult.

Manpei: When I say that I think I like a girl, too, but Shinpei said he liked her first, I yield.

Shinpei: That’s because for twins, the fastest is the winner!

Manpei: This is private (laugh) but, at work, we don’t want to become the exact same in everything; we want to go in as individual personalities.

Shinpei: Yeah. We don’t want to be chosen because we’re twins, we want to be chosen because we’re Shinpei and Manpei, and if we take the same audition, we want to establish a firm distinction between us.

Manpei: That sort of thing is good and it gives us real motivation, so of course I always want to continue to be an actor together with Shinpei. It’s because Shinpei is here that I can have this awareness of our uniqueness.

Shinpei: It’d be great to be able to cut out the idea of “twins” and work together as individual actors! Until then, we’ll work together and do our best to polish our performance!

~*~*~*~*~

Takagi Manpei

Questionnaire

1. What do you always do before you go to bed?
    I check my cell phone messages, set my alarm clock, the laundry, and Fabreeze

2. During a really hot summer, what do you do when you want to motivate yourself?
    running

3. Do you apologize when you want to make up with a friend you had a fight with?
    YES. If I feel like I was in the wrong, I’ll go face to face with that person and just speak honestly.

Psychology test

You arrive at the station with your girlfriend after a date, but the train is late because of an accident. How long will you have to wait on the platform? A) A few minutes B) About 30 minutes C) More than that D) Nearly half a day

Answer: C

Takagi Shinpei

Questionnaire

1. What do you always do before you go to bed?
    Stretch

2. During a really hot summer, what do you do when you want to motivate yourself?
    Pour ice water on myself

3. Do you apologize when you want to make up with a friend you had a fight with?
    YES. I will face them and say "I'm sorry"

Psychology test

You arrive at the station with your girlfriend after a date, but the train is late because of an accident. How long will you have to wait on the platform? A) A few minutes B) About 30 minutes C) More than that D) Nearly half a day

Answer: B
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:26 am