Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Cinnamonipples
JennyJukes
xinping2016
TouchoftheWind
Otaku-Nipples
Tamakisnipples
Isidarnipples
ManpeiFanservice
PurinsesuNipples
instantcoffee
usa-chan
KiraKiraNipples
りんちゃん
KaoruHitachiin
18 posters

Any favorite artist, music or band?

KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Any favorite artist, music or band? Empty Any favorite artist, music or band?

Post by KaoruHitachiin Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 am

I'd like to know what do you listen to normally (: your favorite bands, singers, groups, genres etc.
    I love My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, McFly, AFI and Fall Out Boy as my favorite bands, lol shoot me.
    what about you guys? C:
    りんちゃん
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Any favorite artist, music or band? Empty Re: Any favorite artist, music or band?

Post by りんちゃん Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 am

Oh gee. My Chemical Romance have been one of my favorite bands for the longest time. (And Fall Out Boy. And AFI. And Panic! at the Disco. I feel so old saying this, but you are totally me in 9th Grade. LOL.)

Although I'm kind of a guilty pleasure pop person now - I've pretty much been breathing KPOP the last two years (I think all of my top 20 most played on iTunes are either BIGBANG or GD&TOP... oops. Shocked ) but then some American pop too, all the new werid fusion pop/rock/rap that's coming out these days. (Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West, MIA...)

KiraKiraNipples
    KiraKiraNipples
    Scholarship Student

Any favorite artist, music or band? Empty Re: Any favorite artist, music or band?

Post by KiraKiraNipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

Being a J-Pop fangirl, I'm a huge fan of a lot of those people.. But to make it short, I'm a huge Arashi fangirl. Very Happy
    usa-chan
    usa-chan
    Honey's Bun-Bun

Post by usa-chan Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 am

I love Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy, but lately my obsession has been with SNSD [Girls' Generation]
    Gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby, gee gee gee gee, baby baby baby. Razz
    instantcoffee
    instantcoffee
    Commoner

Post by instantcoffee Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 am

Arashi is definitely my hugest obsession. ♥
    Other Japanese artists that I like include Morning Musume, Perfume and Ayaka. Slowly getting into Gackt and Miyavi though, who are both just such flawless beings. Aside from J-Music, I'm also into Mayday Parade, Panic! at the Disco and SHINee. c:
    PurinsesuNipples
    PurinsesuNipples
    Commoner

Post by PurinsesuNipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

I listen to anything XD My favorites change all the time. Basically, because when I like a song/band/singer I listen to it until I hate it (doesn't take much actually), then I move on to the next one XD

But I gotta say my all-time favorites would be (including those that.. *sigh* don't exist anymore D: ): Miyavi, The GazettE, Malice Mizer (;___; ), DBSK (;___________________; ), Ai Otsuka, Yida Huang, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Wonder Girls, t.A.T.u, SNSD, Utada Hikaru, S.H.E., Love Solfege, Jolin Tsai...... etc. XD
    ManpeiFanservice
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:08 am

PurinsesuNipples wrote:I listen to anything XD My favorites change all the time. Basically, because when I like a song/band/singer I listen to it until I hate it (doesn't take much actually), then I move on to the next one XD

But I gotta say my all-time favorites would be (including those that.. *sigh* don't exist anymore D: ): Miyavi, The GazettE, Malice Mizer (;___; ), DBSK (;___________________; ), Ai Otsuka, Yida Huang, Koda Kumi, Ayumi Hamasaki, Wonder Girls, t.A.T.u, SNSD, Utada Hikaru, S.H.E., Love Solfege, Jolin Tsai...... etc. XD

OMG A MALICE MIZER FAN! wanna be my best friend? <3
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 am

For me... Yuya Matsushita, Kimeru, Shirota Yu, Fahreneheit, S.H.E (I can't help the last one. I grew up listening to them!)...oh wait. Something in English? Razz A lost of stuff from musicals. Oh, and Kane. The rest of my music collection is like..anything and everything.
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:56 am

I'm a music major so I'll listen to pretty much anything if its good. I mostly like classical, musicals, metal, prog rock, punk and the like though.
    Fave bands: Dream Theater, Billy Talent, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, Arch Enemy, Mars Volta, Refused.
    :3 I will talk music any day!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am

I love, McFly, Glee, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Adele, Super Junior...
    TouchoftheWind
    TouchoftheWind
    Commoner

Post by TouchoftheWind Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:27 am

Tokio Hotel, Adam Lambert, Breaking Benjamin, My Chemical Romance, and more! But these are my main ones.
    xinping2016
    xinping2016
    Commoner

Post by xinping2016 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 am

りんちゃん wrote:Oh gee. My Chemical Romance have been one of my favorite bands for the longest time. (And Fall Out Boy. And AFI. And Panic! at the Disco. I feel so old saying this, but you are totally me in 9th Grade. LOL.)

Although I'm kind of a guilty pleasure pop person now - I've pretty much been breathing KPOP the last two years (I think all of my top 20 most played on iTunes are either BIGBANG or GD&TOP... oops. Shocked ) but then some American pop too, all the new werid fusion pop/rock/rap that's coming out these days. (Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West, MIA...)

I listen to K-Pop too! BIGBANG and 2NE1 are my favourite! I love your siggy, GD is my bias! Very Happy

PurinsesuNipples wrote:I listen to anything XD My favorites change all the time. Basically, because when I like a song/band/singer I listen to it until I hate it (doesn't take much actually), then I move on to the next one XD

idk what to say but I'm so happy I found someone who listen to Jolin Tsai too!

I've been listening to a lot of Linkin Park and Pierce the Veil lately, but also some AKB48, YUI, KOTOKO, Kawada Mami, LUNA SEA...I do listen to C-Pop sometimes but I guess I'm in a J-Pop mode lately Cool
    JennyJukes
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 am

does anyone have last.fm? mine is www.last.fm/user/waitforever
    i'm a kpop fangirl too... i like super junior (especially yesung), secret, 2ne1 & infinite the most.
    i also like blink-182's old stuff, eminem, evanescence, the fray, the goo goo dolls, the script etc.
    xinping2016
    xinping2016
    Commoner

Post by xinping2016 Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:15 am

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 am

Guys you should totally listen to Piko. He's a male j-pop/j-rock artist but can successfully sound like both a woman and a man.

for example here is the best example of his womanvoice:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6acUwM6dY

and here is him duetting with himself:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1I-NhCYIx0

He got famous off Nico Nico Douga, hence these are both Vocaloid covers, but he does his own original music too now.

Also Sekihan is amazing, he's another NND artist and can also sound like a woman (though a bit less convincing). He has a really diverse voice though, and aside from lady voice, he can do a lot of other different voices.

Aside from those two, I like J-rock and J-pop a lot. Non-Asian bands and artists I like include the Killers, Sarah Brightman, Vanessa Carleton, and a lot of miscellaneous not-relating stuff. >w<
    りんちゃん
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Post by りんちゃん Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:30 am

xinping2016 wrote:I listen to K-Pop too! BIGBANG and 2NE1 are my favourite! I love your siggy, GD is my bias! Very Happy

HE'S MINE TOO! Big Laugh I adore just about everything YG though, so I love 2NE1 too. (& have a hard time being biased with them. tongue )
    Nippletoast
    Nippletoast
    Commoner

Post by Nippletoast Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm

I listen to a lot of indie, alternative, or pop/punk rock. All Time Low, I would have to say, is my favorite band. And besides the fact that I love their music, the guys in that band just have amazing personalities. They're hilarious.

I also listen to some Kpop and Jrock. (Is it odd that I'm a Caucasian female living in America who has no Asian descent whatsoever and doesn't understand the languages, yet I still love it? silent )
    Besides that... B1A4 would be my favorite Kpop group with FT Island close behind. ^^ Not sure of my favorite in Jrock, but I have a An Cafe poster hanging up in my room, so I'll just go with them!

But mostly, I listen to A LOT of post rock. For me, it digs deeper into your emotions than other genres. Bands like Explosions In The Sky, This Will Destroy You, Hammock, Dorena, and Godspeed You!Black Emperor, to name a few. Anyone else listen to post rock? No? Okay. Rolling Eyes

I also like Coldplay. Heh, yeah. Coldplay.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Nippletoast wrote:I listen to a lot of indie, alternative, or pop/punk rock. All Time Low, I would have to say, is my favorite band. And besides the fact that I love their music, the guys in that band just have amazing personalities. They're hilarious.

I also listen to some Kpop and Jrock. (Is it odd that I'm a Caucasian female living in America who has no Asian descent whatsoever and doesn't understand the languages, yet I still love it? silent )
    Besides that... B1A4 would be my favorite Kpop group with FT Island close behind. ^^ Not sure of my favorite in Jrock, but I have a An Cafe poster hanging up in my room, so I'll just go with them!

But mostly, I listen to A LOT of post rock. For me, it digs deeper into your emotions than other genres. Bands like Explosions In The Sky, This Will Destroy You, Hammock, Dorena, and Godspeed You!Black Emperor, to name a few. Anyone else listen to post rock? No? Okay. Rolling Eyes

I also like Coldplay. Heh, yeah. Coldplay.

I love Coldplay too! Life in Technicolour is a beautiful song~!
    Nippletoast
    Nippletoast
    Commoner

Post by Nippletoast Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Otaku-Nipples wrote:I love Coldplay too! Life in Technicolour is a beautiful song~!
    I agree! And I love their Parachutes album. I just hope their new album they're coming out with still shows their soft rock/alternative sound. Their single that they released from the album was a bit different from their normal sound. But eh, oh well, I'll still love them Smile

And I don't understand why they receive as much hate on the internet as they do. I think they're brilliant. Chris Martin's voice is so unique, I love it.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Nippletoast wrote:
    Otaku-Nipples wrote:I love Coldplay too! Life in Technicolour is a beautiful song~!
    I agree! And I love their Parachutes album. I just hope their new album they're coming out with still shows their soft rock/alternative sound. Their single that they released from the album was a bit different from their normal sound. But eh, oh well, I'll still love them Smile

And I don't understand why they receive as much hate on the internet as they do. I think they're brilliant. Chris Martin's voice is so unique, I love it.

I know right~! I think many people think their songs sound too alike but so many of their songs are beautiful. I love Parachutes and XY a lot, But I loved the song Viva la Vida, it reminded me so much of Light from Death Note its so bizarre haha!
    Nippletoast
    Nippletoast
    Commoner

Post by Nippletoast Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Otaku-Nipples wrote:
    Nippletoast wrote:

I know right~! I think many people think their songs sound too alike but so many of their songs are beautiful. I love Parachutes and XY a lot, But I loved the song Viva la Vida, it reminded me so much of Light from Death Note its so bizarre haha!

Oh wow, now whenever I hear that song, all I'm going to think about is Light XD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Nippletoast wrote:

gurl if you look at my family history, EVERYONE IS WHITE. XD There's nary a trace of anyone from any other racial descent, at least not by blood.
    I've been learning Japanese from anime and music mostly (and also I taught myself to read Hiragana and Katakana, even if I don't know what the Japanese words mean), but for the most part I don't understand it at all.

I actually find it more relaxing. There are some songs I'd like to know the meaning of, but for the most part, the lyrics could be really badly written and I wouldn't know.
    I really like the sound of the Japanese language, it's just something I really enjoy listening to.

It's actually a bit of an issue now though. XD Because I listen to so much foreign music, I'm so used to listening to the sound of the song, and not paying attention to the words. So if a song is in English and sounds really really good, I either have to listen to it a lot to actually get the lyrics, or look them up and read them. They just don't register as anything but words (that I understand) strung together.
    (if the song is shit though, I usually can pay attention to the lyrics. >w<)

OH MAN THOUGH
    ONE NON-ASIAN ARTIST I DO LOVE
    ALEXANDER RYBAK
    AMAZING NORWEGIAN VIOLINIST/SINGER
    WITH THE MOST WONDERFUL EYEBROWS. Very Happy

I recently found out about Eurovision and I think it's the best thing and a good source of European music. XD
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Nippletoast wrote:
    Otaku-Nipples wrote:
    Nippletoast wrote:

Oh wow, now whenever I hear that song, all I'm going to think about is Light XD

Haha! The lyrics really do fit him~!
    sakura199
    sakura199
    Commoner

Post by sakura199 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Last edited by Suzaku on Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:59 am

I like the hard stuff Onion Laugh

My favorite band are Die Toten Hosen, because I was raised on it *-* And Bosse, a great German musician. I'll love his lyrics to death!

Then I also like Papa Roach, Silverstein, Bring Me The Horizon, Rise Against, Alesana, Atreyu, Escape The Fate, Panic At The Disco, Fall Out Boy, MUCC, Asian Kung-Fu Generation... AND ONE OK ROCK! The greatest Japanese band EVER!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 pm