Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUNON 2011-09 (Twins Interview)

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

JUNON 2011-09 (Twins Interview) Empty JUNON 2011-09 (Twins Interview)

Post by jade

Laughing or Posing, 120% Synchronized

The beautiful forbidden twin love has a hold on girls’ hearts. Now we’ll get it from the twins who are focused 120%, Manpei & Shinpei. In Ouran High School Host Club, whether laughing or posing, they’re 120% synchronized and give us the best fan service. Their flirting causes the girls swee~eet, continuous sighs <3

Your beautiful flirting soothes all the girls.

SHINPEI Until now, out of all the twin roles we’ve played, Hikaru & Kaoru are definitely the closest.

MANPEI He’s talking about the parts where it seems as if our faces are attached. That’s not really normal, even during family time.

SHINPEI Then, there’s the times when we’re sexy together for the girls and they swoon. It’s a paper-thin line between beautiful flirting and making people pull-away, so that distinction is really difficult.

MANPEI But for me, in this role, I think I can do it because my partner is Shinpei.

SHINPEI Yeah, it’s especially because we’re twins that we have this atmosphere. If I were to do this with another actor that resembled Manpei, I think it would become a different thing entirely.

MANPEI Then there’s the script. If there’s a line only for Hikaru, I take it upon myself to try it in unison, or if even there are no lines, I try to give the two a deeper intimacy. In our own way, we take on various types of challenges like this.

SHINPEI For twins, whether with words or movements, there are times when complete spontaneous synchronization just happens. So we actively bring out those times because we want Shinpei & Manpei to be the only ones that can play Hikaru & Kaoru.

MANPEI But this time, the most perplexing thing for me is the character creation. Hikaru is S, and Kaoru is M*1. I’m actually very S, even among really S people, so at first I thought, “How can I play this M character?” and I read very deeply into the original work.

SHINPEI For me, since both my real life and my role are very S, I can just do it for real (laugh).

MANPEI During rehearsal, I get this treatment from Shinpei like I’m his toy, and he just pats and touches my face, so there are times without thinking that I’ll blurt out, “Cut it out! We only have to do it for the real performance!” (laugh)

In elementary school, there was a time when you liked the same girl…

SHINPEI Because we’re both really S, there are times during filming when we have serious fights.

MANPEI At those times, when I get sharp at something Shinpei says, the staff will say “now, now” and break it up. But even if we fight, we won’t pay any attention to it once it’s over. If we’re going home, we’ll go home together like nothing happened.

SHINPEI Also, to advance the drama from here, both of us will become attracted to Haruhi, but with those feelings, too, Kaoru is M and he’ll hold back for Hikaru’s sake, so I try to get her to return my feelings.

MANPEI Well, in my own life it’s been different. In high school, we both liked the same girl, and actually, the one that confessed was me.

SHINPEI You know, you always tell that story so triumphantly; don’t drag it back up (laugh)

MANPEI It’s not that I’m dragging it back up or anything, it’s just the truth. Well, at that time, I didn’t know that Shinpei liked the same girl.

SHINPEI It’s me that didn’t know.

MANPEI But for me, I got friendship more than a relationship, and I was rejected. She was the Madonna of our school, so mostly you would hold back because of the other guys…

SHINPEI (interrupting) Anyway, the current highlight is the health exam scene, probably. The thing to see is while we’re flirting, we strip off each other’s clothes (laugh)

MANPEI It’s just, the thing I’m worried about is having our mom watch that scene and what she’ll think. To have your own sons flirting with each other, for a parent, must be complicated, you know.

SHINPEI When mom watches that scene, I definitely want her to laugh at it!!

~*~*~*~*~

*1 - In Japan, they use Sadism and Masochism, or S&M , as a mild personality trait. It's actually a VERY common question. It means something like "are you more dominating, or are you more submissive? Are you selfish or do you put others before yourself?" Basically, "do you act like a stereotypical man or a stereotypical woman?" So even though Shinpei is a social extrovert, and tends to be so happy and cuddly with Manpei, he's still considered S... because when it comes down to it, they're both MEN, and they act like it.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 am