Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
lovelylaur75
Careline
Babyface21
KiraKiraNipples
jade
trixi
KaoruHitachiin
Hotaru Gunso
Fujioka Haruhi
Oddy
Raitei
edlws-x
CommonFolkNipples
Tamakisnipples
instantcoffee
Isidarnipples
nipplespvmk
Cinnamonipples
Mrs.Takagi
MangaMistrezz
Nipples Admin
Otaku-Nipples
yanie
27 posters

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO?

Poll

What do you think of Yamamoto Yusuke's portrayal as Suou Tamaki?

[ 108 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left61%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [61%] 
    [ 32 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left18%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 15 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left8%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left2%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 4 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left2%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 13 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left7%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_left1%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Bar_right [1%] 

Total Votes: 177
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Empty Re: "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO?

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 am

trixi wrote:I was a HUUUUUUUUUGE Yusuke fan a couple of years ago so I watched all his dramas so I had no doubts about him being a good choice *insert I liked Yusuke before he went mainstream hipster glasses here xD* but the boy sure is a really good actor!

I also remember after Hana Kimi there were Ouran live-action rumors and also then, back in 2007 Yusuke was rumored as Tamaki. I'm so glad he actually got the role ^^

(and I'm surprised to see Kamen Rider Kabuto watchers here, tokusatsu often scare people away, but Kabuto had some real eye-candy in it ;D and now I'm going a bit OT, but could it be that some of you lovely people are from the old Yusuke forum Pink Aura??? :DD)
    Oh man I'm right with ya. XD I started watching dramas a year ago and Yusuke was my favourite right away, so over the past year I've been watching everything of his with subs that I can get my hands on. XD

And I actually liked Kamen Rider Kiva way more than Kabuto. >w< I found Kabuto kind of boring after a while, so I kept going like "oh god there's only a few episodes left keep going," especially after
    Spoiler:
    because that's why I was watching the series. XD
    But Kiva was really epic and by the end I was like "OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN"
    Those are the only two I've watched though. XD
    Oddy
    Oddy
    Evil Twin

Post by Oddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    trixi wrote:I was a HUUUUUUUUUGE Yusuke fan a couple of years ago so I watched all his dramas so I had no doubts about him being a good choice *insert I liked Yusuke before he went mainstream hipster glasses here xD* but the boy sure is a really good actor!

I also remember after Hana Kimi there were Ouran live-action rumors and also then, back in 2007 Yusuke was rumored as Tamaki. I'm so glad he actually got the role ^^

(and I'm surprised to see Kamen Rider Kabuto watchers here, tokusatsu often scare people away, but Kabuto had some real eye-candy in it ;D and now I'm going a bit OT, but could it be that some of you lovely people are from the old Yusuke forum Pink Aura??? :DD)
    Oh man I'm right with ya. XD I started watching dramas a year ago and Yusuke was my favourite right away, so over the past year I've been watching everything of his with subs that I can get my hands on. XD

I have totally been searching for anything and EVERYTHING with him in it since I saw Kabuto 8DDD I am so stupidly in love with just about all Kamen Riders it's almost ridiculous (though since W aired it has been my loooove, lol).
    There are actually a couple of shows that I only kept watching because of Yusuke. I got SO SICK of Atashinchi no Danshi though everyone else seemed to love it and only finished to see him XDD

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    Spoiler:
    I was SO SAD Crying or Very sad
    Totally wasn't expecting it when he first showed up either.....
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:47 am

Oddy wrote:I admit, I was a teeny bit skeptical when I first read about his being cast, but then I thought about Tsurugi.

Kamen Rider Kabuto was the first place I ever saw him and I was in LOVE from the very first (Jade thought I was crazy)

But really, it was almosy like a pre-Tamaki type of acting. also holy crap baby Yusuke :<3:

ROTFLMAO Big Laugh I enjoyed that fanvid... It brought back wonderful Kamen Rider memories Arrow

BTW, it's possible I thought you were crazy because I could only see him AS Tsurugi (who is kind've a douche). I never said he wasn't cute or a good actor, Tsurugi's image just kinda... scarred me (>.>) But you know I've loved dearest Fatlips, too~

(I just loved Mizushima Hiro and his whole brand of crazy a bit more 8D)

Cinnomonipples wrote:And I actually liked Kamen Rider Kiva way more than Kabuto. >w< I found Kabuto kind of boring after a while, so I kept going like "oh god there's only a few episodes left keep going," especially after...SPOILER

I was the opposite, actually. I loved Kabuto (but then again, I loved watching Hiro)~ In Kiva, all the flashbacks drove me insane @_@ I guess I just got frustrated with the pacing (though I ADORED the concept)

Anyway, this is a thread about Yusuke. So my 2 cents on Yusuke and the "he doesn't look like Tamaki so he's not a good Tamaki" argument is: "YOU'RE AN IDIOT" IMHO, I think he looks as much like an anime/manga character as a normal Japanese man generally can and not have had some serious alien plastic surgery! The wig color is a little strange, but when you compare "wig color" with Yusuke's dedication, wonderful acting skills, and beauty, the argument falls pretty flat. I don't think finding a better Tamaki was possible.
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Oddy wrote:

I have totally been searching for anything and EVERYTHING with him in it since I saw Kabuto 8DDD I am so stupidly in love with just about all Kamen Riders it's almost ridiculous (though since W aired it has been my loooove, lol).
    There are actually a couple of shows that I only kept watching because of Yusuke. I got SO SICK of Atashinchi no Danshi though everyone else seemed to love it and only finished to see him XDD

I absolutely love W, that one's also my new favourite tokusatsu xD
    And I have to agree with you, Atashinchi no Danshi was an absolute turn off. I couldn't even finish it and still haven't D:

Uh-uh, I'm going OT here so...... Yusuke as Tamaki is awesome xD

Last edited by trixi on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    KiraKiraNipples
    KiraKiraNipples
    Scholarship Student

Post by KiraKiraNipples Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:28 pm

For me, I liked Yusuke in Hana Kimi since he's so adorable playing a supernatural psychic, then I found myself stalking him and fangirling over him when I saw him in Atashinchi no Danshi & My Fair Boy...Both of which are almost polar opposites of Tamaki! xD

Though, when I found out he was playing Tamaki, I was really happy. I knew Yusuke could play a guy like Tamaki, so seeing him do really well made me more happy to watch it.
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:45 am

Raitei wrote:I think Yamamoto fits Tamaki perfectly well. Aside from the intonations, I also kind of think that he and Miyano Mamoru (Tamaki's seiyuu) have some similar features. Ahm. Maybe it's just me.
    Wow, they DO look alike, ne ^v^

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 M04-0117-080216"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 B_sub_photo01

I just found out that Miyano Mamoru is also a drama/movie actor, not just a seiyuu^^ I wonder if he can act Tamaki visually as good as he acted his voice. But I guess he's too old to play Tamaki now. (he's 28)

But never mind, Tamaki = Yusuke already, for me XD

Last edited by yanie on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 am

KiraKiraNipples wrote:For me, I liked Yusuke in Hana Kimi since he's so adorable playing a supernatural psychic, then I found myself stalking him and fangirling over him when I saw him in Atashinchi no Danshi & My Fair Boy...Both of which are almost polar opposites of Tamaki! xD

O___________________O
    could you tell me where you watched My Fair Boy? I scanned the internet all over to find that drama :O
    Raitei
    Raitei
    Ouran Student

Post by Raitei Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:52 am

yanie wrote:
    Raitei wrote:I think Yamamoto fits Tamaki perfectly well. Aside from the intonations, I also kind of think that he and Miyano Mamoru (Tamaki's seiyuu) have some similar features. Ahm. Maybe it's just me.
    Wow, they DO look alike, ne ^v^

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 M04-0117-080216"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 B_sub_photo01

I just found out that Miyano Mamoru is also a drama/movie actor, not just a seiyuu^^ I wonder if he can act Tamaki visually as good as he acted his voice. But I guess he's too old to play Tamaki now. (he's 28)

But never mind, Tamaki = Yusuke already, for me XD

Wow! I tried looking for similar photos of them, but I failed. Lol. You did it, though! They look like brothers in those pics! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I haven't seen a show with Miyano in it, but now that you said that, I'll prolly go and look for one. It will be awesome to see him acting!

Hmm. I think, if Miyano did play Tamaki, it will also work well. But yeah, he's a lot older. Maybe it will work if they put the characters in college instead of high school, though. Right? Lol. Oh, even better, maybe they can put Miyano as college student Tamaki! That would be awesome!!! cheers
    Babyface21
    Babyface21
    Scholarship Student

Post by Babyface21 Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:05 am

Yusuke is SOOO Tamaki!!

He's got the part down perfectly. I laugh everytime Tamaki's character starts babbling away or starts talking about himself like he's God's gift to man, and all the other host members just sort of tune him out like "Yeah, uh-huh, whatever dude. . ."

And Yusuke is just so cute, I never noticed how many Japanese guys have such plump lips Shocked
    Careline
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

He is perfect. Period.
    lovelylaur75
    lovelylaur75
    Commoner

Post by lovelylaur75 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:01 am

Honestly, he has started to grow on me as Tamaki. I really think there should be some more TamaHaru chemistry though, because things are crazy hot between KyoHaru so far in this live-action series. I wonder if its because of the actors actual chemistry, or if that's just how the direction is going in the show at the moment...we shall see! Onion Love
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:56 am

I noticed there are a few people who don't like the casting decision. I'd like to know why?
    I'm not saying you can't think that way, and I'm not gonna hate on you for it, I'm just curious as to your reasons. :3
    (and yes I am aware of the hair colour inaccuracies. >w<)
    writtenasneu
    writtenasneu
    Commoner

Post by writtenasneu Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:15 am

ever since i heard ouran will be made as live action, i thought Shirota Yu will be fit as Tamaki since he's got that European looks...
    THEN I HEARD YAMAMOTO YUSUKE NAME AS TAMAKI. Onion Sudden shock
    WHAT WHAT. affraid
    I'm a BIG FAN of Yusuke... but I'm afraid he won't fit as Tamaki...
    ....then I WAS WRONG Onion Love Eyes
    who else can make those OMGYOUSOSILLYSEXY FACE!?
    seriously i can't imagine Shirota Yu making those Tamaki expressions! Onion Splutter only yusuke is capable of doing that Onion Starry Eyes
    PERIOD.
    enggrrl
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:31 am

Not saying I don't love Yusuke as Tamaki, but I think Shirota Yu could have done it... Check out Samurai High School with Miura Haruma and see the goofy side of Shirota.
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:59 pm

I didn't know who yusuke was before I saw ouran. when i researched about him i was suprised like everyone else! HE IS VERY SEXY and he a very good actor. I like the variety he has played, a crazy guy in ouran, a weird and creepy guy in hana kimi and a tough guy in tumbling! he is very versatile and I REALLY LIKE HIM!!
    writtenasneu
    writtenasneu
    Commoner

Post by writtenasneu Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:00 pm

enggrrl wrote:Not saying I don't love Yusuke as Tamaki, but I think Shirota Yu could have done it... Check out Samurai High School with Miura Haruma and see the goofy side of Shirota.
    dont get me wrong, I love shirota yuu Very Happy but he's just too cool for me to see him embarass himself with Tamaki's silliness (lol sorry tamaki xD)

lets get back to yusuke XD
    anyone has image of yusuke with blonde hair? I've only seen his lighter brown hair which is in his photobook.... I wonder how he will look with Tamaki's hairstyle Cunning Onion

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Blonde Yusuke:

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Tumblr_lqadkiSCsS1qlo0ego1_500
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Tumblr_lqadkiSCsS1qlo0ego2_250
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Tumblr_lqadkiSCsS1qlo0ego3_250
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Tumblr_lqadkiSCsS1qlo0ego4_250
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? - Page 2 Tumblr_lqadkiSCsS1qlo0ego5_250

IMO he totally could have rocked the blonde look for the show but the brown looks fine too. XD
    KiraKiraNipples
    KiraKiraNipples
    Scholarship Student

Post by KiraKiraNipples Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:12 pm

trixi wrote:

O___________________O
    could you tell me where you watched My Fair Boy? I scanned the internet all over to find that drama :O
    Unfortunately, I didn't watch My Fair Boy online. I watched it on TV on Saturdays, since they're airing it in the San Francisco area.
    Laila007
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:Blonde Yusuke:

IMO he totally could have rocked the blonde look for the show but the brown looks fine too. XD
    GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO HOT!!! HE IS TOO SEXY! and speaking of yu shirota, i think he has more of a bad boy type of face compared to yusuke. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU FOR THE EYE CANDY!!! Hug
    writtenasneu
    writtenasneu
    Commoner

Post by writtenasneu Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:Blonde Yusuke:

GOOD GOD DDDDDDDDD: /droooooollllllllssssssss
    /give him blue contacts/
    KING!
    /bows
    evagrrr
    evagrrr
    Commoner

Post by evagrrr Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:41 pm

I think that he's doing a really good job!
    He's the pure embodiment of Tama~!
    He's also improved a lot, when you compare it with his role in HanaKimi (and he was great in that one too) X3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am