Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Reina
PurinsesuNipples
jade
ChaoticNipples
nipplespvmk
setolove
MangaMistrezz
Otaku-Nipples
Tamakisnipples
Kumachan~
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
Mrs.Takagi
17 posters

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Poll

Which twin is Shinpei?

[ 23 ]
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Bar_left82%Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Bar_right [82%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Bar_left18%Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    Reina
    Reina
    Scholarship Student

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Post by Reina Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote: In the future, if there's anything more I can do to help you feed your fangirl desire for more Manpei and Shinpei goodness, please do not hesitate to ask! I'm not much, but I'll do my best. The twins make me very happy and I love sharing my love and support of their work whenever I can Cool
    lol You are made of awesome! Not sure if you'll know, but is there any background information on the twins around? Where they grew up, number of siblings, interests, etc? I'm so hoping someone leaks outtakes. Like if Tamaki were to jokingly nudge Hikaru while he's wooing Kaoru and they kiss oh dear god...

ALSO: Does anyone know where the live action is being filmed? Did they build the school from scratch, or is that a hotel or what? So beautiful.

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi- Yes, I'm headed to Japan! I studied in Fukuoka back in 2005 and I'm going back for a month next summer vacation. I so can't wait, it's amazing there.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Post by Mrs.Takagi Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm

Reina wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote: In the future, if there's anything more I can do to help you feed your fangirl desire for more Manpei and Shinpei goodness, please do not hesitate to ask! I'm not much, but I'll do my best. The twins make me very happy and I love sharing my love and support of their work whenever I can Cool

lol You are made of awesome! Not sure if you'll know, but is there any background information on the twins around? Where they grew up, number of siblings, interests, etc? I'm so hoping someone leaks outtakes. Like if Tamaki were to jokingly nudge Hikaru while he's wooing Kaoru and they kiss oh dear god...

ALSO: Does anyone know where the live action is being filmed? Did they build the school from scratch, or is that a hotel or what? So beautiful.

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi- Yes, I'm headed to Japan! I studied in Fukuoka back in 2005 and I'm going back for a month next summer vacation. I so can't wait, it's amazing there.

Background information?
    Hmmm. . . Neutral

For some strange reason, I haven't been able to find any sites that host a lot of information about the twins (in English I mean). Most of what I know about them comes from translations of their blogs. I'm not sure if this is the type of information that you're looking for, but I'd be happy to tell you everything that I know (so far). Smile

-They were born in Nagoya in the Aichi Prefecture in 1985

-Their family includes their mom, dad and I don't recall them ever mentioning having any other brothers or sisters so I'm 99.9% sure that it's just the 2 of them.

-They moved to Tokyo together, although I'm not positive what year (sometime between 2003 and 2005, because their earliest appearance is listed as being in 2006).

-Not to positive about personal interests: I know Manpei's mentioned that he likes to read a lot and playing videogames. They both like going to the beach and they both love (LOVE) to go shopping ^_^

-They share an apartment together in Tokyo and they have a puppy named "Love-kun" I love you

*and here's some more randomness because I can't think of anything else. . .lol*

-Manpei likes clothes, jewelry, and other acessories that have skulls on them (don't ask why, he never explains. . .)

-Not sure if he still does this, but Manpei said he used to always update his blog while sitting in a hot bath, and he says one of his "hobbies" is brushing his teeth. . . Rolling Eyes

-Shinpei really likes Starbucks.

-I think they both have seasonal allergies.

Wow, I really don't think that helped at all. . . confused

I'm sorry about that, but like I said other than their own blogs, there's not a lot of heavy background information about them. . .there's probably more info in the magazine interviews they've done, but we'll have to wait for the translations for those.

I hope I helped out a lil' bit though! Surprised

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Manpei10

(I am MEGA jealous of you. . . Evil or Very Mad I plan on studying abroad next semester, but most likely I'll be hitting England first, and I'll probably visit Japan later on down the line. . .to me, Japan is a lot more fun/interesting than America)
    Reina
    Reina
    Scholarship Student

Post by Reina Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:18 am

For some strange reason, I haven't been able to find any sites that host a lot of information about the twins (in English I mean). Most of what I know about them comes from translations of their blogs. I'm not sure if this is the type of information that you're looking for, but I'd be happy to tell you everything that I know (so far).

No piece of information is too small or trivial! I love to know anything about them. THANKS so much!! <3<3 Sorry for taking up so much of your time ^_^;

-Not sure if he still does this, but Manpei said he used to always update his blog while sitting in a hot bath, and he says one of his "hobbies" is brushing his teeth. . .

I worry for Man's safety, taking appliances into the bathtub... But his hard work on his teeth definitely pays off. He must realize his smile is his best attribute Like a Star @ heaven (in my opinion, anyway)

(I am MEGA jealous of you. . . I plan on studying abroad next semester, but most likely I'll be hitting England first, and I'll probably visit Japan later on down the line. . .to me, Japan is a lot more fun/interesting than America)

Haha Japan was definitely the highlight of my life. I felt like a kid in a candy store the whole time. Have a wonderful time in England! It's really fun there too, but I hope you get to Japan!!

And that picture...I can't...Man looks so in love...
    Oddy
    Oddy
    Evil Twin

Post by Oddy Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:02 am

omg, I love trying to tell them apart in pictures~!!!

I'm actually transcribing and scanning the interview that Jade was talking about riiiiight now so as long as my brain keeps from short circuiting, I should have it to share with you relatively soon.
    They are definitely identical twins, but they do have small differences in little parts of their appearance (apparently Shinpei has a scar above his left eye o.O) and their height is just a little different. That stuff is noticeable now...but holy crap they put pictures of bitty Manpei and Shinpei in this interview and I SO can not tell the difference XDDD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:21 am

Reina, don't think for a MINUTE that you're taking up my time. Obsessing over the twins has become my absolute favorite new hobby! Cool If I had the time, money (and if my Japanese were more fluent lol) I'd catch the first place smoking to Tokyo and show up on their doorstep TOMORROW! Laughing

I had to raise an eyebrow too when Manpei said that he updates his blog in bathtub. . . Suspect
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Oh_yea11

At one point in time, he mentioned that while updating his blog in the bathtub, the batterypack from his phone fell into the water, and he couldn't use his cell for a couple of days. . .

*I would've taken that as a major hint, wouldn't you?*

Yes, Man and Shin both take care of their teeth very well, and they have such beautiful smiles Very Happy
    Seriously, whenever I see them doing one of their open mouthed grins. . .my brain automatically turns to mush. . . Razz

Their smiles and their full lips is what does it for me (that, and the way they never seem to have the same hairstyle for more than 6 months at a time Big Laugh )

I have personal reasons for wanting to go to England first (less travel time, won't have to worry about the language problem. . .as much haha), but Japan is DEFINITELY stop #2. I obsess over Japanese music, celebrities, food, and TV too much to never see the place in person. What a Face

And I'm glad you like the picture I posted. I swear the way that they look at each other sometimes. . .whether it's a sideways glance or they're staring each other straight in the face. . .I can't quite explain it, but I just always get a beautiful feeling from it LOL

It definitely speeds a fangirls heartbeat up. . . I love you

Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Heeehee, this is my favourite game ^,^
    But in those three pages from the first page, it wasn't really fair guessing since I knew the second one already~ *just spent the past week obsessing over Mei-chan no Shitsuji, sooo...*
    Shinpei as Sakon (black hair), Manpei as Ukon (brown hair)~

For me, besides the face shape I find their eyes look a little different, especially when they smile. Manpei's eyes seem to crease and turn up at the corners a little more. This is how I tell them apart when it's a picture of only one of them, since I can't compare face shape.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:10 am

Tama wrote:Heeehee, this is my favourite game ^,^
    But in those three pages from the first page, it wasn't really fair guessing since I knew the second one already~ *just spent the past week obsessing over Mei-chan no Shitsuji, sooo...*
    Shinpei as Sakon (black hair), Manpei as Ukon (brown hair)~

For me, besides the face shape I find their eyes look a little different, especially when they smile. Manpei's eyes seem to crease and turn up at the corners a little more. This is how I tell them apart when it's a picture of only one of them, since I can't compare face shape.

I just got finish watching Mei-chan about a week ago.

I really liked it! (Although I was disappointed that it only had 10 episodes. . . Sad )

Manpei and Shinpei as the "dark and mysterious" butlers was pretty awesome. Although in that earlier picture I posted of them, it took me like a week to figure out who was who (usually I can tell within the first 3 seconds). Laughing

I've heard people say that their eyes look different when they smile (I'll have to observe this theory on my own lol).
    But yeah, mostly I tell them apart by the shape of their faces: Manpei's more thin/angular face, and Shinpei's round, baby-face :3 Nodding

Actually, now since I've been obsessing over their pictures for a few weeks now, I can tell them apart by how they smile too. . .
    Shinpei seems to always smile wider, very playful-like, Manpei usually has a more laid-back, cool smirk when he smiles. . . Cool

*Either way, my heart melts whenever I see them smiling*

I WAS going to post more pictures, to try and test people to see if they could tell the twins apart, but I think most of us can tell them apart pretty easily now (at least 80-90% of the time).

Like in these pictures. . .it's kind of obvious to tell who is who. . .I still can't believe they're identical twins though and not fraternal. . . affraid

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 2shy11

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 20090912

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Tumblr11

JennyJukes
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 am

which one plays hikaru and which plays kaoru? i think i prefer the one who plays kaoru, though they're both great ^_^ kaoru was always more softer spoken and less mean than hikaru, that's how haruhi differianted between the two xD
    maybe i'll be able to tell during the twins fight episode when one bleaches their hair. this drama is the first time i've met the guys Smile

does anyone want to help T_T
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Tumblr_lptxffx2EA1qd4hgz
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Tumblr_lptxh20SVI1qd4hgz
    i think the first on manpei is right, shipei left & second one manpei left, shinpei right
    but on the 1st shin looks taller but on the 2nd manpei does
    ahh
    Reina
    Reina
    Scholarship Student

Post by Reina Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 am

JennyJukes wrote:which one plays hikaru and which plays kaoru? i think i prefer the one who plays kaoru, though they're both great ^_^ kaoru was always more softer spoken and less mean than hikaru, that's how haruhi differianted between the two xD
    maybe i'll be able to tell during the twins fight episode when one bleaches their hair. this drama is the first time i've met the guys Smile

does anyone want to help T_T
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Tumblr_lptxffx2EA1qd4hgz
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! - Page 2 Tumblr_lptxh20SVI1qd4hgz
    i think the first on manpei is right, shipei left & second one manpei left, shinpei right
    but on the 1st shin looks taller but on the 2nd manpei does
    ahh

Hi there! In the first picture, Manpei (Kaoru) is on the left and Shinpei (Hikaru) is on the right.

In the second picture, Manpei/Kaoru is on the right and Shinpei/Hikaru is on the left.

Manpei is the older brother in real life. He is slightly taller than Shin, with a longer/thinner face. Shin's face is rounder and in my opinion, his lips are a little fuller. When they are playing the Hitachiins, you can tell by the direction that they part their hair - that doesn't change. But I can't wait for the Twins Fight episode next Friday!!
    JennyJukes
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:11 am

OH i do have them right i just get their names confused aha ok thank you Very Happy
    * hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei *
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:39 pm

JennyJukes wrote:OH i do have them right i just get their names confused aha ok thank you Very Happy
    * hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei hikaru is shinpei *

I know, that part had me confused at first too! Because. . .

Manpei(the older twin in real life) is play Kaoru (the younger twin)
    and
    Shinpei (younger twin) plays Hikaru (the older twin).

I literally have to keep reminding myself that Rolling Eyes

It's funny to me because based on interviews done with the twins,it seems like Manpei's personality matches Hikaru's personality more closely, and the same goes with Shinpei and Kaoru.

I really wonder sometimes how it was decided which twin would play Hikaru. Man and Shin have both mentioned that it was a bit difficult to play characters with personalities opposite from their own (but they're having fun with it :3 Nodding )

I'm in love with them both right now, I'm so glad they were picked to play the Hitachiin brothers, I can't imagine it any other way I love you
    Tama
    Tama
    Ouran Student

Post by Tama Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:46 pm

I know, that part had me confused at first too! Because. . .

Manpei(the older twin in real life) is play Kaoru (the younger twin)
    and
    Shinpei (younger twin) plays Hikaru (the older twin).

I literally have to keep reminding myself that Rolling Eyes

It's funny to me because based on interviews done with the twins,it seems like Manpei's personality matches Hikaru's personality more closely, and the same goes with Shinpei and Kaoru.

I really wonder sometimes how it was decided which twin would play Hikaru. Man and Shin have both mentioned that it was a bit difficult to play characters with personalities opposite from their own (but they're having fun with it :3 Nodding )

I'm in love with them both right now, I'm so glad they were picked to play the Hitachiin brothers, I can't imagine it any other way I love you

That confuses me too; it's like they deliberately chose to play the opposite twin, like some kind of personal challenge Razz
    They do always talk about challenging themselves with their acting, so maybe that is it O-o
    Who knows?^^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm