Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Reina
PurinsesuNipples
jade
ChaoticNipples
nipplespvmk
setolove
MangaMistrezz
Otaku-Nipples
Tamakisnipples
Kumachan~
KaoruHitachiin
Nipples Admin
Mrs.Takagi
17 posters

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Poll

Which twin is Shinpei?

[ 23 ]
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Bar_left82%Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Bar_right [82%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Bar_left18%Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Bar_right [18%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Empty Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:07 am

Hey there everyone! Very Happy

In honor of my complete obsession with the Takagi twins, I've decided to steal from the "Which one is Hikaru?" game from the Ouran anime and create my own version: the "Which one is Shinpei?" game!! Very Happy

Alright fangirls (and fanboys if you're in here), many have tried and many have failed but can YOU guess which twin is Shinpei?

I actually have a small list of tips that will help to pinpoint which twin is which, but I'm not going to post it until after I close the polls, because I want to see how many people actually get the answer right on their own:P

Have fun and good luck!!

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Shinpe10
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Empty Re: Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Post by Nipples Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:21 am

I cast my vote! And I don't want others to be influenced by what other people chose so I'll put my answer under the spoilers tag. No peeking until you vote first!

Spoiler:
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Empty Re: Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game!

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:26 am

Nipples Admin wrote:I cast my vote! And I don't want others to be influenced by what other people chose so I'll put my answer under the spoilers tag. No peeking until you vote first!

Spoiler:

Thank you very much for being the first to vote Administrator-senpai Very Happy

And good idea diguising your vote, I didn't think of that. . .lol
    KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Post by KaoruHitachiin Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 am

Spoiler:

fun fun fun
    Kumachan~
    Kumachan~
    Commoner

Post by Kumachan~ Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 am

lol i don't have idea i just ramdomly voted >.< i just realized i just pay attention to tamaki and kyouya xD ifksdkgdsifkc
    now i want to know more about them D:
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:24 am

Erp. I need more time with these twins, I've been reading the manga/watching the anime for a while so I can tell them apart there. :3
    I'M SUCH A BAD KING *cries*
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 am

I feel like I know them enough to tell the difference after all the stalking (Yes, I admit it) I do...

Spoiler:

:<3:
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 am

Oohh.....CRAP! I chose the wrong choice. I didn't look at the picture carefully enough- I just went by instinct. Now that I look closer, Shinpei is the one on the-

Spoiler:
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:13 am

<3333333333333333333333333 I loooooooooooove them! lol
    That was a fun poll~ It's not hard at all to tell which one is which, but I guess that's because I'm always staring at them lol
    nipplespvmk
    nipplespvmk
    Scholarship Student

Post by nipplespvmk Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:20 am

I think it is
    Spoiler:
    ChaoticNipples
    ChaoticNipples
    Twincest Fangirl

Post by ChaoticNipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

This was easy cause I stalk them so much too... D8
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:57 pm

ChaoticNipples wrote:This was easy cause I stalk them so much too... D8

LOL same here~ I'm actually feeling a bit nostalgic for the days when I -couldn't- tell them apart!
    PurinsesuNipples
    PurinsesuNipples
    Commoner

Post by PurinsesuNipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Spoiler:
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 am

Haha, I gotta admit that this was a fun poll.

Based on the results, it looks like I'm not the only one who has spent an ample amount of time staring at the Takagi twins. Very Happy

So. . . .
    For the majority of you who chose that in the photo Shinpei was on the left and Manpei was on the right. . .you are CORRECT!!! cheers

It feels good to know that I'm not the only twin obsessed fangirl here. Kudos to you all!
    Honestly, when I chose the photo that I did, I sort of had a feeling that it wouldn't be too difficult to tell the twins apart.

Until recently, I thought they were completely identical [Sidebar: does anyone actually know if they're identical or fraternal twins?]

For those of you you missed the mark, do not despair; there is ONE subtle thing to look for between these two, the next time you have difficulty trying to figure out which is which. . . .

*Manpei has the slimmer/thinner face; Shinpei has a softer/fuller shaped face :3 Nodding

So simple, right?

Now I HAVE heard a couple of other theories about how to distinguish Manpei from Shinpei, but I'll leave it up to your own personal observation to decide if they are true or not:

-apparently, one twin is ever so slightly taller than the other (to me, I think it's Shinpei, but I could be wrong. . .)

-Manpei has slightly fuller lips (as much as I like looking at their lips. . .I personally can't really see a difference lol)

*I'd like to thank yanie for providing me with this next piece of info Wink )

-According to the interview done with the cast of Ouran live action in episode 0, Shinpei is the more 'sociable/energetic' twin, while Manpei is the more 'independent/introvert' twin.

Also, when relating to each other, Manpei is the more dominant one (or 'S' type), which would make Shinpei the more submissive one (or 'M' type)

And finally, the tidbit that's probably the easiest to remember:

Manpei=older twin

Shinpei=younger twin

So what do you think? Can you tell them apart now? Was that too much info to take in? Laughing
    I really just made up this poll for fun. That and the fact that since I think that both Shin and Man are very talented actors, I thought it would only make since to try and get to know them better as individuals. I want to help spread the love and support of these gorgeous and talented twins, so help me spread the word please!!

Here are some more pictures for you to enjoy/test yourself with:
    Which one is Hikaru (Shinpei) and which one is Kaoru (Manpei)?

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Devil_10

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Manshi10

Let's play the which one is Shinpei (Hikaru) game! Shinny10

Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

I think Manpei is the taller one~! I've noticed in the episodes so far he's just almost an inch taller if that~! I think the 3rd photo on your last post shows it a bit~!
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 am

Yay! o(^-^)o

I love how hard it is to tell them apart in the 2nd picture! (but I still can 8D) THEY'RE SO CUTE <3

BTW, they're definitely identical twins~ and Manpei is the taller one. There was an interview my friend read some time ago with them, and they were comparing their bodies. Mostly everything (weight, shoe size, hand size, etc) is the exact same, but their height is just slightly different. When they asked why, they joked that maybe Manpei stole Shinpei's nutrients in the womb XD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Otaku-Nipples wrote:I think Manpei is the taller one~! I've noticed in the episodes so far he's just almost an inch taller if that~! I think the 3rd photo on your last post shows it a bit~!

Haha, you may be right; it's kind of hard for me to tell though.

In some pictures Manpei looks taller and in others Shinpei looks taller (I know they like wearing boots a lot in real life, so that may affect their height as well)
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:08 pm

jade wrote:Yay! o(^-^)o

I love how hard it is to tell them apart in the 2nd picture! (but I still can 8D) THEY'RE SO CUTE <3

BTW, they're definitely identical twins~ and Manpei is the taller one. There was an interview my friend read some time ago with them, and they were comparing their bodies. Mostly everything (weight, shoe size, hand size, etc) is the exact same, but their height is just slightly different. When they asked why, they joked that maybe Manpei stole Shinpei's nutrients in the womb XD

Yes, I definitely put the the 2nd picture because I thought that one might stump people the most Surprised
    For that one, I had to stare at it for about 3-5 mintues before I could actually figure out who was who lol
    (But when they're wearing the same clothes AND have the same facial expression, my initial reaction is Shocked )

I figured they were identical. One thing that I've been wondering lately. . .why is Manpei's face so noticably thinner than Shinpei's. . .? Neutral

Like is it just a coincedence, or does he weigh less (if such a thing is even possible)?
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:18 pm

I think in the second one, Manpei is on the left? Shinpei on the right...

The first and third one, Shinpei on the left and Manpei on the right...
    Reina
    Reina
    Scholarship Student

Post by Reina Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    jade wrote:Yay! o(^-^)o

Yes, I definitely put the the 2nd picture because I thought that one might stump people the most Surprised
    For that one, I had to stare at it for about 3-5 mintues before I could actually figure out who was who lol
    (But when they're wearing the same clothes AND have the same facial expression, my initial reaction is Shocked )

I figured they were identical. One thing that I've been wondering lately. . .why is Manpei's face so noticably thinner than Shinpei's. . .? Neutral

Like is it just a coincedence, or does he weigh less (if such a thing is even possible)?

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi, although I want to fight you for your name, I owe you endless gratitude for the BEAUTIFUL pictures, especially that nice big one (where did it come from??)

I agree that Manpei is the slightly taller one. About his face, I'm not sure that he's thinner or lighter, I think his face is actually a bit longer than Shin's (hairline to chin), which makes it appear thinner. And now that I've typed that, I realize what a creepy stalker I am...

Anyway, thank you for the info and pictures!! Does anyone know where I can find more information on the twins, or translated facebook/blog posts? My Japanese is horrible~
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Reina wrote:

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi, although I want to fight you for your name, I owe you endless gratitude for the BEAUTIFUL pictures, especially that nice big one (where did it come from??)

I agree that Manpei is the slightly taller one. About his face, I'm not sure that he's thinner or lighter, I think his face is actually a bit longer than Shin's (hairline to chin), which makes it appear thinner. And now that I've typed that, I realize what a creepy stalker I am...

Anyway, thank you for the info and pictures!! Does anyone know where I can find more information on the twins, or translated facebook/blog posts? My Japanese is horrible~[/quote]

Laughing
    I don't blame you at all for wanting to steal my screen name. [I managed to become a member on this site the same day it opened, so I jumped at the chance to pick this screen name before somebody else could. . .) :3 Nodding

To be honest, I'm in love with BOTH the twins but Manpei's name just came to mind first; maybe because he's the oldest(?) I dunno. . .

But anyway, I'm so glad you enjoy the pictures! Most of them I found here:
    http://fuckyeahourancast.tumblr.com/archive

And you're right, after staring at their photos endlessly (again) I've come to the conclusion that Manpei is slightly taller than Shinpei. And don't worry about being a "creepy stalker".
    (It's your sacred right/duty as a fellow fangirl!) cheers

And you are just in luck, my dear! There's a thread in the discussion board titled "Twins Appreciation" that is FULL of info/interviews and blogs by Manpei and Shinpei that have been translated into English (by the threads lovely author, jade Smile )
    She's been doing a great job updating the translations, and trust me the information you discover about the twins is sure blow your mind! What a Face

Not to give too much away but these guys just get more and more loveable the more you read about them. They also blog about interesting things [some of it will make you laugh, some of it may make you even shed a tear].
    So please, by all means, go check out the thread; you will NOT be disappointed!!

In the meantime, maybe you'd like to check out this little tribute video I made for the twins last night. It's my first fanvideo about them and I'd really like to get some comments/feedback on it Very Happy
    Hope ya like!

Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Ooh these pictures are definitely harder this time, especially the second one! My guesses:

Spoiler:
    annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Ah, I love this game! Laughing

Spoiler:
    Reina
    Reina
    Scholarship Student

Post by Reina Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

Yes, right after posting, I spent the last three hours of my life reading over the Twins Appreciation thread (it was and will continue to be much appreciated). I'm so giddy and giggly over these two!! My head has been so filled with them for the past few months that I'm convinced I'm going to hang out with them when I go to Japan next year (not even the same island!). But I love them so much~

Thank you for the link and your hard work on the video! It's absolutely gorgeous. I had no idea they could sing, too! I thought the timing of the transitions between pictures and the length of time each picture was displayed was perfect Smile It was really enjoyable to watch!
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Reina wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

Yes, right after posting, I spent the last three hours of my life reading over the Twins Appreciation thread (it was and will continue to be much appreciated). I'm so giddy and giggly over these two!! My head has been so filled with them for the past few months that I'm convinced I'm going to hang out with them when I go to Japan next year (not even the same island!). But I love them so much~

Thank you for the link and your hard work on the video! It's absolutely gorgeous. I had no idea they could sing, too! I thought the timing of the transitions between pictures and the length of time each picture was displayed was perfect Smile It was really enjoyable to watch!

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself!! cheers

And yes, isn't that thread just pure awesomeness? I myself have been fantasizing about what I'd do if I could catch the next plane smoking to Japan and meet the twins! (I'll worry about the langauge barrier thing later. . . Laughing )

You're going to Japan for real though? No fair. . . Evil or Very Mad

And thank you for the comments on my fanvid! They really do have strong, beautiful voices and I hope that they choose to sing more often in the future.

But to be honest, my fanvid is NOTHING compared to the actual music video. [Please check it out if you haven't seen it already]

In the future, if there's anything more I can do to help you feed your fangirl desire for more Manpei and Shinpei goodness, please do not hesitate to ask! I'm not much, but I'll do my best. The twins make me very happy and I love sharing my love and support of their work whenever I can Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm