Live-action Twincest: Yay or nay?

Poll

What do you think of the "brotherly love" scenes between Hikaru and Kaoru?

[ 83 ]
    77% [77%] 
    [ 13 ]
    12% [12%] 
    [ 8 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 4 ]
    4% [4%] 

Total Votes: 108
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Re: Live-action Twincest: Yay or nay?

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:08 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE ITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITITIT

To sum it up...I love it. Smile They are my fave characters in the show, I LOVE their scenes together, I didn't think they would go as far as they did (I really love that) and they were the reason why I watched the show in the first place.

HIKARU AND KAORU FOREVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Well said, fellow fangirl. Well said. Very Happy

And I agree, I definitely didn't expect them to take it as far as they did, and I'm talking especially about the scene from the physical exam. . .first time I watched it, I literally had to pause the video so I could calm down and catch my breath. . .lol

(I mean they sort of tore their shirts off one another, and then the chin grabbing, the lingering stares, and the chest stroking, and. . . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

And I agree, I definitely didn't expect them to take it as far as they did, and I'm talking especially about the scene from the physical exam. . .first time I watched it, I literally had to pause the video so I could calm down and catch my breath. . .lol

(I mean they sort of tore their shirts off one another, and then the chin grabbing, the lingering stares, and the chest stroking, and. . . Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

Oh Sweet Kami - When they did that scene in the Physical Examination my jaw dropped, literally

truthfully, I kept looping that part because they were too perfect <3
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:43 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

Ooohhhh....I remember that scene! I was like.... Shocked .... Embarassed Embarassed .... Smile I also love how in-sync they are with each other- like the way they talk and their movements match perfectly! Pretty much every scene where they flirt is a good scene to me Wink
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Post by りんちゃん on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="MangaMistrezz"]
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    Pretty much every scene where they flirt is a good scene to me Wink

^^ THIS.
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:10 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

Ooohhhh....I remember that scene! I was like.... Shocked .... Embarassed Embarassed .... Smile I also love how in-sync they are with each other- like the way they talk and their movements match perfectly! Pretty much every scene where they flirt is a good scene to me Wink

That's a very good point, they DO always seem to be in sync with each other, never a wrong movement or gesture (it's that twin telepathy, I'm telling you!)
    And I agree, there's no such thing as a "bad scene" between the twins. My only worry is that they're possibly going to make the flirting scenes between them longer and longer (it'll go from 15 seconds, to 30 seconds, to a full mintue to taboo brotherly love! Surprised )
    I don't know if I'll be able to keep my composure for that long. . . Shocked

All addictive twincest aside, I think what makes those scenes the best is that you can really (REALLY) get this feeling of how much Manpei and Shinpei really love each other Hug To the point that you can't even tell if they're acting or just being themselves.

Post by setolove on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am

The only person that I knew was going to be absolutely amazing in this drama was Yusuke but that was only because I know him well.

I knew about Shinpei but not really much about Manpei, that changed quickly though because I started looking more into them and now I'm Manpei biased. LOL I seriously blame me watching Jyuken for my Manpei bias. LOL

When I see those two, I can really see their brotherly bond. A true bond. They really seem to like each other and they care for each other as well.
    When I found out that they were in a Homme magazine, I quickly looked through mine and I was lucky enough to have purchased the magazine that they were in. I immediately watched the video that comes with the magazine and they way they talked about each other and the way they were around each other was a touching thing to see. I think they do have brotherly love.
    lol maybe not in the romantic way, but in the caring way between two good brothers.

Manpei is the older one I think and in that video, he did looked like a caring older brother.

Twincest.................or incest..........I don't really know what to think about it. lol
    It was awkward at first in the anime, but not awkward at all when I watched the drama.
    Love is love no matter what but I do understand the controversy of incest.

Manpei and Shinpei have been really dedicated to do their best in this drama and I'm really proud of them.
    I'll continue to support them after Ouran is over and I'm really hoping that they receive more attention and get to be in more dramas.

Their twincest scenes never fail to make me drool. Sometimes it feels wrong to fangirl about two brothers like that but but but it's their fault for being so amazing! Embarassed
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 pm

OMG you talked a lot while I was sleeping, how am I gonna ever catch up with you guys?

I have to say that in my head canon Manpei always was the S. Hahahaha

Now, seriously. I met Manpei first. I'm a total Super Sentai geek and watched Gekiranger a while back, so when I first saw Manpei I didn't even know he had a twin. I knew about Shinpei only when the episode of the mirror-mean-gekiblue aired and everyone was like Manpei's twin is playing the bad guy!!!

So in a sense I "always" was able to tell them apart. I looked at Manpei's face for 50 episodes straight so every time I looked at Shinpei there was a "something's off" feeling. Basically I looked at them and my brain somewhat asked itself "who is Retsu?" and I could always come up with an answer.

Now it's very very natural. I don't seem to be able to confuse one with the other.

Now about incest. I feel like I need to talk a little bit about it because I just don't understand why people think it's so weird. Honestly. I don't know if it's because I've read way too much Anne Rice novels growing up (yeah, blame it on Julien Mayfair and his sister, his daughter, his granddaughter and so on) or if there is any kind of basic piece of morality missing from my brain... but I really don't see the big deal. As long as it's consensual (I mean, I do NOT approve of parental raping or anything remotely like it) I don't see why would it be a big deal.

Actually most of the time when people criticize incest I feel like they are being somewhat irrational. They always talk about the horrors of inbreeding, the genetic diseases, the disgust of being close that way to a family member since you've known them for your whole life... well. If the problem is inbreeding, then gay incest should be fine (but apparently it's just not). But anyway genetic diseases are like a russian roulette - they're basically everywhere, and you really can't tell which genes will be inherited and which won't. I know the statistics, don't crucify me just yet! But I just don't see the horror. Whichever case, the "gay" situation still applies. Or they could just not reproduce. It's not that hard.

Finally, most people seem to be ok with two unrelated people (that don't share the same blood at all) that grew up together, fell in love and decided to get married. They grew up together, how's that different from being brother and sister? I just don't see it.

I don't know, maybe I'm the weird one.

I would like to add that I've never been into an incestuous relationship (hmmm except for a cousin thing way back) so everything that I'm saying here has to do with observation and readings. I do have a sister and I think of her as a very beautiful woman, but don't feel attracted to her at all. So I could just be speaking rubbish here.

But I've been reading a lot about incestuous couples that really love each other and want to be together but society just won't let them. That really perplexes me, because I have this idea that if it feels right for both parts, then I don't see why would it not be right. I guess I just approve of people doing whatever the hell they want with their lives, if it doesn't harm no one and brings happiness to them.

Now let's wait for the stones .-.
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I don't know. I guess it's just the social stigma. I mean it's hot and all to watch, but I think I might feel a bit awkward if they were actually in a relationship (mind you it's hilarious and adorable to hear of their home practice adventures!). I try to keep open-minded though, as long as it's consensual on the part of both (or more!) parties, I don't care what people do in terms of relationships.

I know that I, personally, would not be able to be attracted to anyone in my family. It's just one of those things that turns me off right away, like smoking or homophobia.
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:44 pm

yanie wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:This one is a good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gM3ginLTo&feature=player_embedded

Thank you so much for the clip's link! OMG! Rather than the S&M part, I think this clip proves "the Takagis are really twincest" part more!! LOL! Look at how they keep staring at each other! mwahahaaha~ I couldn't concentrate on what they say, coz they keep putting arms arnd each other, and staring at each other. Seem like Shinpei loves Manpei so much, haha~

SERIOUSLY!! OMG (o_o) I couldn't concentrate on their Japanese, either! *replay, replay, replay* All their touching, and Shinpei constantly putting his arm around Manpei, and their special smiles at each other... even so far as to finish each other's sentences! I'm just (*-*) -drool, hyperventilate, faint, DED-

BTW, you said you're a translator? Are you a pro, or just for fandom? I translate things for myself, friends, and fandom now... but I'm aiming at becoming a pro some day. I'm still studying now, though. My kanji is still a bit poor! ^^;

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    MangaMistrezz wrote:
    I also love how in-sync they are with each other- like the way they talk and their movements match perfectly! Pretty much every scene where they flirt is a good scene to me Wink
    That's a very good point, they DO always seem to be in sync with each other, never a wrong movement or gesture (it's that twin telepathy, I'm telling you!)

You can thank Manpei for that Twisted Evil Most everything is his fault XDD In his blog, he said:

"At first, I was shocked at Hikaru & Kaoru's flirting for the customers (-ロ-')
    But now I'm used to it, and I have fun playing Kaoru♪
    We even practice flirting at home *laugh*
    I really love Kaoru!!
    I'm playing Kaoru with great care for his feelings and for the original work.
    Actually, I'm quite obsessed with Hikaru & Kaoru's movements.
    Please watch it and I want you to pay close attention to their synchronization☆"

I think you're right, that sometimes it's hard to tell if they're acting or just being themselves. In an interview, Manpei said that even in rehearsal, Shinpei treated him like "a toy" and kept petting and touching his face so much that Manpei finally blurted out "Stop it! We don't have to do it until the real performance!" LOL

But in a serious manner, they did say that out of all the twin roles they've played, Hikaru & Kaoru are the closest to themselves. They said that their relationship is really similar: when they were kids, their world consisted only of themselves, and it was only becoming actors that let them become more sociable. Manpei really is less sociable than Shinpei (though they both swear they're "S") but Shinpei praises him and says that Manpei is really good at fitting in with people, even if it's the first time they've met~ <3

...I'm going to translate these articles and put them up for you guys soon (^-^)<3 I have a horrible obsession with these two, and I want to share all the goodies I found out about them!~~~ So if you guys ever find interviews with them, please send them my way (*-*)
    ChaoticNipples
    Twincest Fangirl

Post by ChaoticNipples on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 pm

I agree with everything you said about incest, ManpeiFanservice.

However, in my head canon, they take turns being S. XD
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Ok jade you just did so much for my imagination I can't even.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll build you a shrine.

And I could deal with them taking turns. Whatever works best for them. hahaha
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:27 pm

ManpeiFanservice wrote:Ok jade you just did so much for my imagination I can't even.

Of course! XDD (I was also doing it for my own imagination >D)

BTW, your avatar distracts me for minutes at a time... I just stare and drool, grinning like an idiot while my heart pounds itself out of my chest much like Tamaki's heart boner What a Face

Anyway, don't wait for any stones (^^') When it comes to incest (or anything else), I'm pretty much the same: if you're a consenting adult, do what you want. To demonize incest is really just a gut instinct, and because it's reactionary, it won't be rational. I read a lot on incest and homosexuality (although I'm straight, the topic is enthralling) I heard that within the first few years of life, if you're around someone all the time, you tend to have a hard time developing sexual feelings for that person. But I think it was pretty common that siblings that didn't meet until they were older developed feelings for each other. It's possible it has something to do with compatibility and pheromones, but who knows. If you feel like you're in love with someone, who am I to stand in the way?

When it comes to beautiful brothers, I want to get out of the way AND get a first row seat to watch the action XDD I'm still trying to figure out what it says about someone who's straight but can't stop watching boy's love...
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Now let's wait for the stones .-.

What stones?? I actually COMPLETELY agree with you~
    If it's love it's love. The same thing with homosexual relationships. I don't know why they aren't being accepted. It's not like they are making the world a bad place. Love should be accepted.

So no stones for you and instead I'll just throw you fluffy teddy bears and lots of hugs for you~~ <333333333333
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

jade wrote:
    ManpeiFanservice wrote:Ok jade you just did so much for my imagination I can't even.

Of course! XDD (I was also doing it for my own imagination >D)

BTW, your avatar distracts me for minutes at a time... I just stare and drool, grinning like an idiot while my heart pounds itself out of my chest much like Tamaki's heart boner What a Face

Anyway, don't wait for any stones (^^') When it comes to incest (or anything else), I'm pretty much the same: if you're a consenting adult, do what you want. To demonize incest is really just a gut instinct, and because it's reactionary, it won't be rational. I read a lot on incest and homosexuality (although I'm straight, the topic is enthralling) I heard that within the first few years of life, if you're around someone all the time, you tend to have a hard time developing sexual feelings for that person. But I think it was pretty common that siblings that didn't meet until they were older developed feelings for each other. It's possible it has something to do with compatibility and pheromones, but who knows. If you feel like you're in love with someone, who am I to stand in the way?

When it comes to beautiful brothers, I want to get out of the way AND get a first row seat to watch the action XDD I'm still trying to figure out what it says about someone who's straight but can't stop watching boy's love...

YES. YES.

Everything you said up to the first row seat. If I walked in beautiful twins like Manpei and Shinpei.... uh... practicing, I would probably say "go on, pretend I'm not even here" and just sit down and enjoy it.

I don't know, maybe it is natural. I'm nowhere near heterosexual, but I am currently married to a man and I'm faithful which means that I'm at least technically straight. But I do enjoy boy's love. And girl's love, for that matter.

What can I say? I'm a romantic. If it is love, it can happen between a robot and a black fly as far as I'm concerned.

setolove wrote:What stones?? I actually COMPLETELY agree with you~
    If it's love it's love. The same thing with homosexual relationships. I don't know why they aren't being accepted. It's not like they are making the world a bad place. Love should be accepted.

So no stones for you and instead I'll just throw you fluffy teddy bears and lots of hugs for you~~ <333333333333

<3333 OMG that was sweet thank you so much! Ouran really has the best fanbase EVER. I sometimes simply can't deal with your awesomeness. And I'm sending you love <33 right now.

Post by Hikaru-Haruhi on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Are you kidding me?! I super love it!!!!! One of a kind! I almost fainted.... :<3: Embarassed
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm

It definitely makes my heart pound~! I think Tamaki's hear boner would work well for how I describe my reaction to the Twins act Smile
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:55 pm

jade wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what it says about someone who's straight but can't stop watching boy's love...

whatever it says, it says about me too, sistah.

(The best part is that I love BL and yaoi, and my sister is a lesbian who loves yuri, so between us there is no heterosexual porn. XD)

Our reactions to different kinds of romantic situations are mostly because of society, I guess.
    SO LET'S BUST THROUGH THAT AND APPRECIATE THE HELL OUT OF THE TWINS. Very Happy
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:18 am

LOL @ no heterosexual porn
    My brother knows I have BL/yaoi~ he thinks I'm crazy... but then I point out to him that it's no different than him liking to watch 2 girls, so he just shrugs, says "ok" and ignores it XDD

Hmm... maybe we should set up a Hikaru/Kaoru - Shinpei/Manpei appreciation thread :<3:
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:24 am

Hmmmmm Hikaru/Kaoru - Shinpei/Manpei appreciation thread... that sounds fantastic x3

Please do <3

About the porn... I'm interested in way too many things. Diversity is my favorite word ;3 (and hubbie just has to live with that)
    seaweed
    Scholarship Student

Post by seaweed on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 am

I think you're right, that sometimes it's hard to tell if they're acting or just being themselves. In an interview, Manpei said that even in rehearsal, Shinpei treated him like "a toy" and kept petting and touching his face so much that Manpei finally blurted out "Stop it! We don't have to do it until the real performance!" LOL

OMG you don't know how much I'm flailing right now when I read this!!! Thank you so much for this I can die happily now :<3:

And also thanks to everyone posting stuff about twins! I just can't get over them. I liked them in the manga and anime but dammit I LOVE them in the live action! I just can't stop staring sometimes I have to rewind some scenes because I didn't catch what the others were saying because I was just staring at the twins...

Yeah so obviously I'm for twincest. And god that chest stroking scene. Major props to them for pulling that off.
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. Every time they do something I have to pause to flail xD
    And I literally kyaaaaa'd throughout episode 3 because of the small, subtle and almost hidden twin-action going on -///-

Like this one, this one totally took me by surprise xD

aestivate
    Commoner

Post by aestivate on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 pm

i can't. even.

omfg their first scene i had a heart boner, and then... THE CHEST STROKING gakfjls:kfjghyaaa!

i love the twins to death. whether they be hitachiins or takagis, but the obvious sweetness that comes from their interactions is enough for me to fall further in love, each time.
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:12 pm

trixi wrote:
    Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. Every time they do something I have to pause to flail xD
    And I literally kyaaaaa'd throughout episode 3 because of the small, subtle and almost hidden twin-action going on -///-

Like this one, this one totally took me by surprise xD

Haha, I didn't even notice that until I was watching episode 3 for like the 2nd (or 3rd) time.

It's those little subtle gestures between those two that make their relationship even better Very Happy

I've been wondering though. . .was that actually in the script or did those two just randomly decide to do that on their own. . .? :3 Nodding
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Mrs.ManpeiTakagi wrote:
    I've been wondering though. . .was that actually in the script or did those two just randomly decide to do that on their own. . .? :3 Nodding

That's a GOOD question!! I wondered that, too... it was so random XD And I didn't notice this one until I saw the episode again, but they did something similar a bit earlier:

Sadly, it the scene cut away from them before they touched ;_;

But they way they did it was so spontaneous~ I'm starting to think these little movements are unscripted XD
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:28 pm

omg you guys these are killing me, I totally didn't notice them when watching and now I'm going AWWW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 am