Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
crunchystuff
Laila007
MangaMistrezz
Tama
awesome_nipples
enggrrl
Fidei-Avi
KaoruHitachiin
nipplespvmk
Tamakisnipples
Mari
demonslayermiu
りんちゃん
instantcoffee
annanipples
usa-chan
Otaku-Nipples
Nipples Admin
Cinnamonipples
jade
24 posters

Do your friends/family know??

AnimaSola86
    AnimaSola86
    Scholarship Student

Do your friends/family know?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do your friends/family know??

Post by AnimaSola86 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    Have any of you seen Rinne no Ame? It's a oneshot with Yusuke and Seto, and it's really sad. >.<
    It was good but I totally don't like shows like that, depressing ones that deal with killing people and stuff.

I've seen it. I thought it was really, really good, acting-wise, Yusuke and Seto Koji were awesome. The story was so sad, though, that's true, but I don't mind something like that from time to time. I think it was in that oneshot/movie that I saw Yusuke's serious/angry side for the first time... and that was definitely worth watching.

But who am I kidding, Yusuke could do anything, I would always find it awesome Onion Daydreaming
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Keshia wrote:
    Aish, I'm so glad to have a forum like this to come home to <3 nobody in my personal life cares about my Japanese love. I have a friend who says nothing but, "Fuckin' asians. Why do you like those bastards? Fuckin' asians." She's trying to convince me to move back to Australia rather than Japan. I lol'd.

D: that's so horrible!
    If you said something like that in my school, you'd pretty much get beat up by the whole school. Our school is like 1/3 Asian at least. >w<
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Seriously. WE went to a school that was 95% asian, as I said, I got picked on by them all in my class lol.

I have a lot of friends that don't "understand me" and think I'm stupid because I prefer a Japanese culture to anything else, even my own.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I wouldn't say I put Japanese culture above my own, but I'd say they're about par. XD (mind you, Canada's not got much culture that's unique, but what it does have, I like. XD)

Man, I've loved anime and Japanese music and stuff for so long that I don't even actively think about it anymore. Listening to Japanese music feels just as natural as listening to anything in English. Maybe more so. My problem now is that if a song sounds really good, I've gotten so used to not understanding the lyrics that even if it's in English, I don't pay much attention to what's being said. I have to listen to English songs several times or look up the lyrics for my brain to think about them, because I'm too busy listening to the sound of the music. XD Thanks, Japan.
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 pm

I put it over my own because Malta's culture is boring, and I'm just not into it. xD

I daily ask my mom why she didn't marry a Japanese man.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm

I love my parents but sometimes I wish I was Asian. XD

One of my Asian friends told me once that if I go to Japan, I have to take her with me. Her worry is that even though she's Chinese, she's obviously Asian, so if she goes by herself, she might accidentally be treated like a native even though she doesn't know Japanese. >w<
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:21 am

I have a friend who wants me to take her to Japan too. She's white though. It's going to be fun being treated like an outsider but knowing the language Wink
    AnimaSola86
    AnimaSola86
    Scholarship Student

Post by AnimaSola86 Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:32 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:Man, I've loved anime and Japanese music and stuff for so long that I don't even actively think about it anymore. Listening to Japanese music feels just as natural as listening to anything in English. Maybe more so. My problem now is that if a song sounds really good, I've gotten so used to not understanding the lyrics that even if it's in English, I don't pay much attention to what's being said. I have to listen to English songs several times or look up the lyrics for my brain to think about them, because I'm too busy listening to the sound of the music. XD Thanks, Japan.
    Haha, that's me exactly!
    I used to care about lyrics so much - before I met the glory that is Japanese music, and now I really don't care what's being said, as long as it sounds nice xD I actually find it boring to listen to English songs now, it's boring because I can understand what's being said, and with Japanese songs, I always try to decipher bits and pieces with my minimal Japanese skills xD It's more fun that way!
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:09 am

haha, I just can't understand what's being said at first now, even with English songs. >w<

I try to look up translations for Japanese songs to get the general idea, but yeah, it's fun to try and decipher little bits.

Once I was sitting and listening to some music on speakers, and my sister was in the room. I just stopped and shouted "RED FLOWER!" and my sister's all, "...lolwut." "I UNDERSTOOD THOSE WORDS OF THE SONG! Very Happy"
    MintMeow
    Commoner

Post by MintMeow Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Hmm, well, now that anime has become more mainstream in the USA there's many people who know about it and what it is.
    So, I don't feel very embarrassed to hide about my fandom for anime. Wink
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 am

I kind of don't like that, actually. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like... everyone thinks anime is "just another cartoon"... I can't explain what I'm trying to say lol. Ignore me.
    MintMeow
    Commoner

Post by MintMeow Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 am

Well, technically it is another cartoon.
    Dosen't matter though and dosen't make it any less.
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Hahaha, my boyfriend knows. (Of course, my friends also do). The thing is that he likes it, too. He always watches doramas with me and I'm pretty grateful for that xD'
    He supports me, every time a new Host Club volume is released. (In Germany, the last volume is still missing). Then I'm totally freaking out (with collapsing and hyperventilation and that stuff xD')

Yup, I'm happy with it Onion Drinks Tea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 am