Nekozawa-sempai as additional main cast: Good? Bad?

Poll

What do you think of Nekozawa as one of main cast?

[ 22 ]
    37% [37%] 
    [ 5 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 19 ]
    32% [32%] 
    [ 7 ]
    12% [12%] 
    [ 4 ]
    7% [7%] 
    [ 3 ]
    4% [4%] 

Total Votes: 60
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Nekozawa-sempai as additional main cast: Good? Bad?

Post by yanie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 pm

What do you guys think of Nekozawa-sempai as a regular cast in the live-action, and all of his additional scenes in every episode?

To tell you the truth, I was fine in the beginning, and I love his voice effects and his darkness CG effects. But starting Ep2... I started to find him... more uzai(annoying) than Tamaki. (not that Tamaki is annoying at all to me, though ^v^ Love Tamaki's uzai-ness!)

I have nothing against the character nor the actor. And of course, Nekozawa-sempai is one of the most interesting and important character in the original manga, along the likes of Renge-chan or Kasanoda-kun. But I think it should be enough to make him as a guest star, no?

I happen to find his scenes are pointless so far, and rarely funny. Though, I don't mind those scenes and his existence. But I just feel this change is unnecessary.

I mean, IMHO, the whole point of "Ouran" the original manga story is the family-like friendship bond between Haruhi-Tamaki-Hikaru-Kaoru-Kyoya-Honey-Mori. So I think to have these 7 only as main cast is enough. With Nekozawa as another main cast, don't you think it's kinda difficult to make him actually 'matters' in the story?

I wonder what made the producers think that they should include Nekozawa as regular cast?

I hope they'll make him funnier or make up more interesting scenes for him, as to not waste Ryusei Ryo's talent XD
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Re: Nekozawa-sempai as additional main cast: Good? Bad?

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:12 pm

I have to agree. I liked his character in the anime, but as a main cast member who just shows up out of the blue for absolutely no reason, it's really annoying.

Every time he shows up, he hardly ever contributes to plot and wastes screentime that could have been used developing plot or character. It doesn't even contribute to HIS backstory, he's just...there, and creeping people. It gets old.

That's probably my biggest qualm with the live action, to be honest (although it's relatively small compared to how good the rest of the series is XD).
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:28 pm

I agree that he takes up the screentime they could have used to develop the plot and characters, but I'm generally okay with him showing up so far since they're short, random appearances and he's more of a quirky side character than anyone who makes any drastic changes to the story. He doesn't tamper with the storyline so I'm good with that. Plus there are a few people who love Nekozawa. My sister, who doesn't like Ouran, said he's her favorite character so far because he makes her go "wtf", haha. So I voted, "It's OK."

Post by edlws-x on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 pm

im actually partial to his screentime... well i get really entertained all by myself whenever i just scream to the screen "NEKOZAWA WHY ARE YOU COCKBLOCKING?" or something along those lines LOLLL but he does get a bit annoying at times :/
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 pm

I actually don't mind it at all.

Nekozawa randomly showing up (and scaring the crap out of Tamaki) is really funny to me. . .not to mention that I've been wishing for my own Belzeneff puppet for the past several weeks. . . cat

And besides, he's screentime is usually just for a mintue or two, so it's not like his appearances are stealing any MAJOR time away from the other main characters.

So yeah, it's fine with me. . .I don't find him annoying at all.

Post by instantcoffee on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 am

I chose it's OK. They don't really say much about him, so his appearances are just really random. While having "pointless" characters does provide comedy, I sometimes just find it a bit weird. I would not have personally gone and made him part of the main cast, but it's not so bad that I would say it's a terrible idea. I'm looking forward to seeing if there will be an episode that involves him more! (:
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:01 am

It's ok, I think though they are using him as a staple way to move the plot, like as a way of telling the audience something will happen soon and the plot will go in a different direction...
    I think it would be better if they use him like they did in the manga and anime where he's trying to get people into his club activities, and not be so random like he has been lately
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 am

I find him funny, so I'm immediately biased, but all things considered I don't mind him showing up every once in a while. Though, I'd like to understand why they made the change... oh, and I'll be angry if he takes a regular spot, but Renge doesn't. NOW THAT JUST CAN'T HAPPEN. Evil or Very Mad
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 am

i didn't like him in the first 2 eps but starting to now:D + his voice is interesting haha
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:25 am

I just chose 'whatever'. Whenever he comes up, I always get either 1 of these reactions.
    1) "What the hell?! Go away and let me watch the hosts!"
    2) "Hahaha...Freaking hilarious. Ooh, hi Belzeneff!"
    3) "I wonder if they'll change his hair in the beach scene? Will he be a foreigner?"

So on average, I chose 'whatever'. :3 Nodding
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

I really like Ryusei Ryo as an actor (he did a good job in Himitsu) but I'm starting to find his pop-ups a little annoying for the same reason as some of you think; he doesn't really contribute to the story :/
    It would be good if they'll include an episode were his pop-ups will actually have some meaning to it x)
    りんちゃん
    Scholarship Student

Post by りんちゃん on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Meh. I just think it's a badly adapted role. Guesting in occasionally while they need him would've been ideal, but it's probably one of the only (if not the only) change they've made that's been pretty obvious/irritating, so it's alright.
    Emmy
    Commoner

Post by Emmy on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:10 am

I guess I'm the odd one out since I'm glad he shows up more. D:

Nekozawa is my favorite character so I am glad he appears more in the drama than in the anime. He does pop up more in the manga. I don't think it's annoying at all, I find it to be funny. I think his actor plays him well. I hope they do the episode with his sister so we can see his not so creepy side.
    nipplespvmk
    Scholarship Student

Post by nipplespvmk on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:28 pm

I duunno...
    In the promotional stuff, I get irritated because he looks like they just threw him in there because he was hanging out on the set.
    During the shows.. (unsubbed) Nekozawa seems reallly creepy and scary..(subbed) I liked in the first episode when he warned Haurhi, but mostly it’s just like.... "Why are you here?"
    I like Nekozawa in the live action, I just feel like the writers are just trying to shoehorn him in because they really like his character. I’d feel better if he was limited to every other episode or something. Or an explanation to why he is so interested in the Host Club. That could be really interesting…
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Scholarship Student

Location : Hiding from Tamaki-sen--crap, he found me xjhfdg LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD

Post by Fujioka Haruhi on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm

I agree with those who find him being in the main cast as sort of an unnecessary change. I like his character and his actor plays him well, but it really does feel like he was just shoved in without any real relevance. I liked him in the first episode, it was some nice foreshadowing (especially since those lovely, blinking arrows were absent). But I don't think he was really needed at all in episode 2 or 3.
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 pm

nipplespvmk wrote:
    Or an explanation to why he is so interested in the Host Club. That could be really interesting…

SAME REASON THE HOST CLUB THOUGHT HARUHI WAS ORIGINALLY INTERESTED.
    YES.
    NEKOZAWA'S FREQUENT APPEARANCE IS NOW BEGINNING TO MAKE SENSE.

ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    nipplespvmk wrote:
    Or an explanation to why he is so interested in the Host Club. That could be really interesting…

YES.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.
    (dude, these days I can't even say this without laughing... but anyway)

NEKOZAWA IS GAY FOR TAMAKI. NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE. THAT'S WHY HE'S SECRETLY BLONDE UNDER HIS WIG! BECAUSE TAMAKI'S BLONDE AS WELL!

But since live-action Tamaki isn't blonde, Neko doesn't need to be blonde either. AND THAT'S WHY HE WON'T BE! WRITE MY WORDS!

Whatever. We should call this Wigception: The Sequel. Suspect Imma go to bed and sleep now, because I'm not making any sense.
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 pm

annanipples wrote:But since live-action Tamaki isn't blonde, Neko doesn't need to be blonde either. AND THAT'S WHY HE WON'T BE! WRITE MY WORDS!

Yup, I'm pretty sure he won't be blonde (or Russian? I forgot what nationality his family line came from). Ryusei would look too unnatural with blonde hair and Bisco Hatori did tell them to change the story/characters to whatever was more fitting for the drama.

Post by nipplespvmk on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:07 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    nipplespvmk wrote:

YES.
    ELE. I LOVE YOU. SO MUCH. OMG. OMG. I FEEL A PLOT BUNNY COMING ON. WE ALL NEED TO WRITE THIS. NAO. THIS THE START OF A BEAUTIFUL SHIP.
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 am

IT IS LOVE

Post by nipplespvmk on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 am

WE NEED A MUSIC VIDEO OF THIS. STAT. OLA DEAR, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE. PLEASE HELP US!!!
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:47 am

BUT TO WHAT SONG? WE NEED SOME CREEPY OBSESSIVE LOVE SONG TO MATCH THIS OTP!

Post by nipplespvmk on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:35 am

WELLL WELLL ONCE I READ THIS REALLY CREEPY TAMHARU FANFIC THAT WAS SORT OF A SONGFIC BASED OFF THIS SONG CALLED Cantarella. IT HAS TO DO WITH POSION AND STUFF AND I THINK IT FITS.
    Here's the song with English subs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC49twXag2o&feature=related
    Y/N?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:40 am