Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
miffychan
alyxsandria
enggrrl
Jenavieve
seaweed
Lala
Careline
diasleepy
Cinnamonipples
JennyJukes
annanipples
ManpeiFanservice
jade
nipplespvmk
nippleless_nobeardsa
trixi
Isidarnipples
awesome_nipples
cheesyfleas
CommonFolkNipples
Mrs.Takagi
Otaku-Nipples
MangaMistrezz
usa-chan
Nipples Admin
yanie
30 posters

Behind-The-Scenes

jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Empty Re: Behind-The-Scenes

Post by jade Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I would if I could... but I have to go to work until the 18th (>.<)

Plus I already bought the plane ticket for $500 and I can't change the date without costing more money >.>
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 pm

Aww... that's too bad... I was just hoping you live in Yokohama, or the filming is right next to your apartement building XD Hope there's a later extra recruiting announcement that is filming on the 19th *crossing fingers* XD
    ManpeiFanservice
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm

yanie wrote:Aww... that's too bad... I was just hoping you live in Yokohama, or the filming is right next to your apartement building XD Hope there's a later extra recruiting announcement that is filming on the 19th *crossing fingers* XD

Yes! o.o
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:15 am

I found this!

東京国立博物館 - トーハクロケ・放映情報
    TOkyo Kokuritsu HAKUbutsukan(Tokyo National Museum) - TOHAKU Filming Information

TBSドラマ「桜蘭高校ホスト部」撮影
    TBS Drama "Ouran Highschool Host Club" Filming

撮影日 2011年8月2日 Filming date: Aug 2
    公開日 2011年8月26日 On-Air date: Aug 26

TBSテレビ「桜蘭高校ホスト部」第6話の撮影を行いました。
    煌びやかな役者さんが勢揃いして、閉館後の平成館がとてもにぎやかでした。
    放映日は8月26日。トーハクが「ホスト」をおもてなししている様子をぜひ
    ご覧ください。

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Roke20110804_17_1

There was a filming of TBS "Ouran Highschool Host Club" Episode 6 here. Gorgeous cast were lining up. It was after the closing time of the Heiseikan Venue and yet it was very lively. It will be broadcast on Aug 26. Please watch how "Tohaku" become "Host" service place.

I cannot think of any story that would need a filming at a museum, except if it's just for another set for the Ouran school. Probably just a set for one of the "hosting" cosplay and theme^^ There was a rumor that Ep6 would be about the twin's fight, but it's not a reliable source. But if it IS on the twin's fight, then perhaps this museum would be the set of the canteen?^^ (hmm, maybe Daito posting pictures with the twin in his blog, is a hint for Ep6? lol... I wish)
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 am

MUSASHI University - Hanamizuki Square is the filming location for Renge's "movie" on Ep4 Smile
    http://www.musashi.ac.jp/modules/musashi_news/index.php?page=article&storyid=427
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 am

Hatori Bisco's tweets regarding the drama, I gathered^^

ドラマの制服かわいいと言ってくれた方ありがとう…!原作と変えてほしいとお願いしたのは私で、話し合いにも図々しく混ぜて頂きました。漫画のままだと現実的でない色合いなので…。ちなみに黒っぽく見えたりするけど紺ブレですよ〜。
    18 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply
    Thank you to everyone commenting the drama's uniform is cute! I was the one who asked them to make it different because the manga's uniform color is not realistic. Btw, it might look black to you, but it's actually navy blue.

女子制服の方は時間の関係で途中までしか関わっていないのですが、先日画像で完成形見せて頂きました。男女とも変更はあれど「桜蘭」ぽさがちゃんと残っていて凄いな、と。制作の方々に感謝です(^^)
    18 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply
    Regarding the female uniform, I was only involved until midway of the discussion, because I didn't have much time. I saw the completed design the other day. It's amazing that even though the male and female uniform design were changed, but it still have the "Ouran" feel to it. I'm very grateful to the production team (^^)

ドラマ版での双子の髪型の事でご質問頂きました。私が答えてよいのかわかりませんが、ちゃんとシンメトリーになってるはずですよ〜(^^)
    23 Jun Favorite Retweet Reply
    Someone asked me about the twin's hairstyle. I don't know if it's okay for me to answer here, but... They'd be properly symmetrical~ (^^)

ちなみにドラマの1話は原作の1話のストーリーをなぞって頂いてますが、私からリクエストして原作になかったあるシーンを脚本に追加して頂きました。ファンブックなどインタビューで何度か語った事があるので、ピンと来る方もいらっしゃるかもしれませんが、長年地味に気にしていた部分だったので、ドラマでフォローして頂けて本当にありがたいです。期待!
    14 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply
    For your information, the drama's pilot episode will cover the manga's chapter one story. There's one scene that was not in the manga that I requested to be added to the drama's script. Some of you might already know, because it has been mentioned in the fanbook and other interviews. It's a part that I feel bothered about for many years. So I'm very grateful the drama is willing to complete that part for me. Can't wait!

ちなみに、皆様に先駆けて昨日の夜…というか深夜に担当様ことT女史と一緒に第1話を観せて頂いたんですが……あのですね……すっごい笑いました!!(笑)担当さんとゲラゲラ笑いながら3回観て、その後ひとりで2回観てやはり爆笑してました。環の動きが秀逸すぎてもう…。そして川口春奈ちゃんに「かわいーかわいー」と言いまくっていました(;;)ていうか皆さんかわいいです。あと、個人的にハルヒの抱える紙袋を見て目頭が熱くなりました(;;)ありがたい…。原作をご存知の皆様はぜひ注目して下さい!
    15 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply
    Getting ahead of everyone, I've finally watched the first episode together with Miss T, the person in charge, last night. I laughed alot!! (laughs) We were guffawing together and watched it 3 times. And then, I watched it again alone, twice, and I was still laughing out loud. Tamaki's moves are excellent. And I keep saying "Cute, cute" whenever Kawaguchi Haruna-chan appears. But everyone is cute. Personally, I got excited to see what's written on the paper bag held by Haruhi. I'm so grateful... To the manga readers, you better pay attention to that part!
    [yanie: I think she's referring to "Marutomi" ^_^]

爽快感すら感じる程に激しくツッコミも入れまくりつつ観させて頂きましたが、皆様ぜひ録画して観て頂けたらと思います。何度も観ていて初めて気付く事や、しっくり来る点も多いと思いますので(^^)環は「交互に」ってとこが特にT女史と私のお気に入りです。注目してみて下さい〜。
    I watched it with a refreshing feeling while keep commenting on everything. I hope you'll record the show and watch it too. If you watch it over and over, you might notice many things that you didn't realize before. (^^) My favorite (and also Miss T's), was especially, Tamaki's "alternately". Please pay attention to that!

[yanie: LOL! What Hatori-sensei said was soooo true!! I love finding out little jokes in the background, so I watch all Ouran eps over and over... haha! About Tamaki's "alternately". If I'm not mistaken, Serenpidity subs missed out this small part. It was right before Haruhi told Tamaki that he's "uzai"(annoying). Remember when Tamaki said, "My face, 38.5 degrees from the right, looks the best. But 42 degrees from there...". Then after that, the subs only translates what Haruhi said, although Tamaki was still saying stuff in the background. While Haruhi's inner mind voice takes over most of the audio, Tamaki was saying, "But I also look great 42 degrees from the left! So if I do these two poses alternately, I'd look more beautiful!". LOL!]

ドラマへの温かい応援リプありがとうございます!色々なお気持ちがあると思いますが、やはり私としては、本当に沢山の方々のご尽力、ご厚意への感謝が大きいです。再現度にこだわらず、むしろツッコミも入れながら!楽しんで頂けたらいいなあ。ちなみにドラマの環はハーフ設定じゃないはずです(^^)
    Thank you so much for your warm support for the drama! There might be many feelings about this, but for me, I really feel grateful for everyone's effort and kindness. I hope you can enjoy it while commenting things in the drama, and don't just pay attention on how they're reviving the manga scenes. For your information, Tamaki in the drama won't be half(-French). (^^)

source: http://twitter.com/biscohatori
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:16 am

That's so interesting to find out that Bisco Hatori was the one who made them change the uniform color and the Ayanokoji scene from episode 1 (assuming that was the scene she was talking about). I wish more people knew about Hatori's involvement in these changes and how much she praises the live action for portraying the show in its own original way, I think that would cut out a lot of useless nitpicks that people seem to have with the live action.

The show really is fantastic, not just as a manga adaptation but as a drama itself so I can see why Bisco would love everything too! Even my sister, who didn't like the Ouran anime, is enjoying the drama.
    annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:55 am

Nipples Admin wrote:That's so interesting to find out that Bisco Hatori was the one who made them change the uniform color and the Ayanokoji scene from episode 1 (assuming that was the scene she was talking about). I wish more people knew about Hatori's involvement in these changes and how much she praises the live action for portraying the show in its own original way, I think that would cut out a lot of useless nitpicks that people seem to have with the live action.

THIS.
    She is clealy aware of the differences between manga and anime and live-action, and seeing her involved in it might just go a long way to reassure a lot of fans. Also, if she was the one who changed the uniforms... SHE IS ONE WIDE LADY! cheers
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:21 am

i love this discussion! I'm learning things that I never understood before- like the episode 0 conversation, and the interview with Haruna and Yusuke. And Hatori-san was right, periwinkle blue uniforms would have looked tacky in live action. Good choice :3 Nodding
    JennyJukes
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 am

yanie wrote:Here's the page!^o^
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/extra-boshu/boshu.html

Filming schedule: Aug 14(Sun), midnight ~ 15th dawn
    Filming place : a supermarket in Yokohama city
    Filming scenes:
    1. Customers shopping inside (adults; any age) ... 30 people
    2. Supermarket staff ... 10 people

Request to extras:
    It's a scene of shopping at a supermarket. Among the applicants we'll select some to be the supermarket staff (sales staff, cashier, demonstration sales staff, etc), so it'll be helpful if you can specify that you have experience.

Filming schedule: Aug 16(Tue), 10:00 ~ 16:00
    Filming place : somewhere in Yokohama
    Filming scenes: Passerby of a residential area ... 20 people (we welcome people who brings children)
    Request to extras: We'll be filming a scene of people passing by through a residental area on a weekend.

OMG!!! I'm so excited just to read these! lol! I'm predicting this would be around Ep7-8?
    Arrhhhh.... who will be playing Ranka-san??? Many Japanese fans are wishing for Tanihara Shousuke to be Ranka, lol. (the Ohsama Brunch male host^^ haha, he has interviewed Ouran cast before)
    they're gonna be filming in a supermarket at midnight? lol
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am

JennyJukes wrote:
    yanie wrote:Here's the page!^o^
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/extra-boshu/boshu.html

Filming schedule: Aug 14(Sun), midnight ~ 15th dawn
    Filming place : a supermarket in Yokohama city
    Filming scenes:
    1. Customers shopping inside (adults; any age) ... 30 people
    2. Supermarket staff ... 10 people

Request to extras:
    It's a scene of shopping at a supermarket. Among the applicants we'll select some to be the supermarket staff (sales staff, cashier, demonstration sales staff, etc), so it'll be helpful if you can specify that you have experience.

Filming schedule: Aug 16(Tue), 10:00 ~ 16:00
    Filming place : somewhere in Yokohama
    Filming scenes: Passerby of a residential area ... 20 people (we welcome people who brings children)
    Request to extras: We'll be filming a scene of people passing by through a residental area on a weekend.

OMG!!! I'm so excited just to read these! lol! I'm predicting this would be around Ep7-8?
    Arrhhhh.... who will be playing Ranka-san??? Many Japanese fans are wishing for Tanihara Shousuke to be Ranka, lol. (the Ohsama Brunch male host^^ haha, he has interviewed Ouran cast before)
    they're gonna be filming in a supermarket at midnight? lol

It's actually more common than one would think, a lot of filming takes place during the night and just with the help of lamps you can create an illusion of daylight.
    I was in a short-film when I was Upper Secondary School and we had to shoot a scene at a hospital at night but really bright lamps outside the windows gave the effect of it being day ^^

And not to go OT, I would love to be an extra in Ouran *le sigh*
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 am

Hikaru-Kaoru Off-Shot Interview
    translated by yanie

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot01

Clip: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0101.html?no=m0101

Shinpei: We, Hikaru!
    Manpei: and Kaoru!
    Shinpei: ...would like to get close to the cast's true nature!
    Manpei: So, this is!
    Shinpei: Hikaru...!
    Manpei: and Kaoru's...!
    Both: Off-shot interview!!! Yayyy!!!
    Manpei: Okay, so...!
    Shinpei: Yes!
    Manpei: Let's go!
    Shinpei: Let's go!
    Manpei: Ehhh??
    Shinpei: Ehhh?
    Manpei: That's her!
    Haruna: What's this?
    Shinpei: We're on TV now. We'd like to interview you.
    Manpei: Are you okay? Let's let her take a breath a bit.
    Haruna: I just played basketball.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot02

Manpei: You're in a basketball club?
    Haruna: No, I'm in a badminton club.
    Manpei: *laughs* You're in badminton club?
    Shinpei: *laughs* So it's a different club.
    Manpei: So it has nothing to do with basketball?
    Haruna: Yes, nothing to do with basketball.
    Manpei: How are things going since you have school and work at the same time?
    Haruna: It's quite hard. But I'm enjoying both. I love my work and I love the whole host members. So, right now, I totally don't feel any difficulties. I'm having fun!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot03

Shinpei: Ohh... it does seem like you're the number one person who's enjoying this.
    Manpei: The most energetic one, huh. Haruna-chan is really the one who makes the atmosphere lively.
    Manpei: Okay, then...
    Shinpei: The time is almost up.
    Haruna: Yes!
    Twin: Lastly...
    Haruna: Lastly?
    Manpei: Please make a weird face, or...
    Twin: a one-shot gag!
    Haruna: Okay... I'll imitate Australothepics!
    Shinpei: It's Australopithecus...
    (Haruna laughs at her own mistake)

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot05

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot04

Shinpei: ...thepics, you said?
    Shinpei: So, she'll do Australothepics! One, two... go ahead!
    (Haruna is imitating Australopithecus, a genus of hominids that is now extinct. LOL! Haru-chan, is your agency okay with this, you making that face? haha, love her humor!)

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot06

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot07

Haruna: *laughs* It's over, it's over!
    Manpei: You surpassed our expectation there.
    Shinpei: You hit the camera too much.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot08

Haruna: It's as if it's saying "What's this?".
    Shinpei: I thought you were imitating a dinosaur.
    (suddenly the lights went out)
    Shinpei: Oh? It's like someone's having a "happy birthday"?
    Shinpei: Okay... apparently someone switched off the light. It felt like a "happy birthday" situation. Anyway, thank you to Kawaguchi Haruna-san!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot09

Haruna: I'll do my best!!
    Shinpei: Thank you to Australothepics!
    Haruna: It's not it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Clip: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0102.html?no=m0102

*Yusuke's voice reciting lines is heard*

Manpei: Oh?
    Shinpei: Oh?
    Shinpei: This voice is? Let's go.
    Manpei: Excuse us!
    Yusuke: Huh?

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot10

Shinpei: Yamamoto-san, can we have your time?
    Manpei: Can we?

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot11

Manpei: This is an off-shot interview.
    Yusuke: Whoa... didn't see that coming.
    Shinpei: You're on TV, so please let us interview you.
    Manpei: Please introduce yourself.
    Yusuke: I'm Yamamoto Yusuke, playing the role Suou Tamaki.
    Manpei: King!
    Shinpei: You know, the king's abs is really something.
    Manpei: Yeah, his abs muscles...
    Yusuke: Since people like you guys who don't know much about Yamamoto Yusuke, would always ask me to strip off in this kind of show.... I've shown my abs in many shows, y'know!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot12

Manpei: That means... today?
    Yusuke: I won't show it today!
    Nakamura: You guys are so noisy!
    Shinpei: Whoa...so tall!
    Nakamura: You guys are noisy!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot13

Shinpei: It's Mori-sempai! How can he be this tall?
    Nakamura: Okay, okay, sorry.
    Yusuke: He looked so tall!
    Manpei: Mori-sempai is so tall, huh.
    Shinpei: *to Nakamura* Are you rehearsing your lines?
    Nakamura: Lines!? Yeah, I'm so busy, y'know, I have these long lines.
    Manpei: Do you actually have lines in the script?
    Nakamura: Today? No, I don't have one.
    (they laugh)
    Shinpei: *to Yusuke* Can you please show that?
    Manpei: Ichihara...
    Yusuke: Ahh... Ichihara Hayato, huh. See? Since people like you guys, who only have incomplete information..... I've done Ichihara Hayato (impersonation) in two different shows already. If I do that here, the audience would think "Oh, he's doing that again?".
    Manpei: Oh, like, "He can only do that...", huh.
    Yusuke: But I'll do Ichihara Hayato, anyway. *pouts*

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot14

Shinpei: *laughs* You're gonna do it?
    Manpei: *laughs* He's gonna do it.
    Shinpei: 5 seconds... 5,4,3,2,1. Go!
    Yusuke: *impersonating radio announcer* All Night Nippon! Tonight's guest is Ichihara Hayato! *impersonating Ichihara Hayato* I told you already, we all love Ouran Highschool Host Club, you idiot! So you definitely have to watch it! Thanks, man!
    Twin: Thank you! That's amazing!
    Yusuke: Can we get this over? I'm hungry, y'know.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot15

Manpei: Yes, yes, sorry! Thank you to Yamamoto Yusuke-san! King!
    Yusuke: What's this exhausting feel you have... *open up the curtain and laughs* Wait, wait! Look!
    Nakamura: *holding up a chair* Don't open up now! Just go to the next one already!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot16

Twin: *to Yusuke* Thank you, thank you!
    Yusuke: Do your best with this exhausting show!
    Twin: Thanks! Let's go to the next one!

Clip: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0103.html?no=m0103

Manpei: Look, look!
    Twin: Let's go, let's go!
    Ryusei: I'm Ryusei Ryo, playing the role Nekozawa Umehito.
    Manpei: How's the filming?

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot17

Ryusei: I'm enjoying it. Well, I'm in the Black Magic Club, so I hope I can stir up the Host Club... *look around* why is everyone looking at this direction???
    Manpei: Yeah...
    Ryusei: Everyone's started looking here.
    (Chiba is looking at them)
    Manpei: Here's Kyoya-san.
    All: *laughs* He's taking a picture of us!
    (the three were posing while Daito taking a picture of them)
    Shinpei: We went to the beach right? I mean, even in the beach... we were half-naked, wearing swimsuit, but Ryusei alone is wearing the full outfit.
    Ryusei: I felt so stupid. Everyone were wearing beach sandals, right? I was wearing black boots on the sand, y'know.
    Shinpei: It must be hard for you.
    Ryusei: It was hot!
    Manpei: I think the audience would understand that.
    Ryusei: Yeah, the more I want everyone to watch it.
    Shinpei: The audience can definitely feel it.
    Ryusei: Like, "I am working hard"...
    Shinpei: Who's your favorite artist?
    Ryusei: Yazawa Eikichi-san.
    Shinpei: Alright, as the closing... I mean, this would effect the ratings, the Ouran fans are watching now. So please, do a monomane(impersonation) of him.
    Ryusei: *laughs*
    Shinpei: 5 seconds to Yazawa Eikichi's impersonation!
    Twin: 5,4,3,2,1!
    (Ryusei impersonating Yazawa Eikichi)
    Ryusei: Would you stop this awkward moment, please???
    Shinpei: *laughs* Thank you so much! Ryusei Ryo-san, playing the role Nekozawa-sempai!
    Twin: Bye-bye!
    Manpei: Please do Yazawa-san again for the final goodbye.
    Ryusei: *impersonating Yazawa Eikichi* Bye-bye!
    Ryusei: Hey, it's too long!

Clip: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0104.html?no=m0104

Manpei: Okay...
    Shinpei: To the audience... for your information, we're doing this without the other cast knowing before.
    Manpei: They should be here somewhere. Ahh! *tapping Shinpei* Hey!
    Shinpei: Aa! Those are...
    Manpei: We found Honey-sempai and Mori-sempai!
    Shinpei: Then, let's get to the interview now!
    Shinpei: Please introduce yourselves!
    Chiba: I'm Chiba Yudai, playing the role Haninozuka Mitsukuni.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot18

Nakamura: I'm... Isn't the mic too close to my face? Is this okay?
    Manpei: It's okay.
    Nakamura: I'm Nakamura Masaya, playing the role Morinozuka Takashi. Ack, it hit me!
    Nakamura: So, what is it?
    Shinpei: We would like to interview you two.
    Manpei: So what do you do during the filming break?
    Nakamura: Haruhi is, well... the one who always make things lively...
    Manpei: Yes, she actually is.
    Shinpei: Haru-chan...
    Nakamura: She likes fun stuff. So, I always make up weird faces for her.
    Nakamura: Okay, count 3 seconds.
    Shinpei: Okay, we'll go.
    Shinpei: 3...
    Manpei: 2...
    (they laugh since they count it differently)
    Nakamura: I can't do it, hurry!
    Shinpei: 2,1... go!
    (Nakamura making a weird face, lol)

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot19

Nakamura: I do it like that.
    Chiba: Seriously... can't you do it properly? Ouran Highschool Host Club is going to start soon, if they see that the quiet Mori-sempai is actually talkative...
    Nakamura: I'm sorry!
    Chiba: Can you please apologize to the audience now?
    Nakamura: Um... I'm sorry that I talk alot though Mori-sempai is suppose to be quiet. *Manpei hit his face with the mic in purpose* Hey, you hit me!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot20

Shinpei: 3 seconds to alpaca! 2,1... go!
    (Chiba imitating alpaca chewing something, lol)

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot21

Nakamura: Hurry stop him, will ya'! You guys are so bad at MC-ing! You should've stop him already!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot22

Shinpei: It was cute.
    Manpei: Alright then, let's do our best for the filming!
    Nakamura: We'll do our best!
    Manpei: Sorry for disturbing you.
    Nakamura: No, no!
    Shinpei: Please continue your rehearsal.
    Manpei: Keep it up!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot23

Twin: Bye byeee!
    Nakamura: *to downstairs* Neko-chaaan!
    Twin: Hey!
    Chiba: Sshhhh!
    Nakamura: Sorry, sorry!

Clip: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0105.html?no=m0105

Shinpei: We found him! We found him!
    Manpei: Excuse us!
    Shinpei: Excuse us!
    (Daito is not moving an inch)
    Manpei: What an amazing concentration.
    Shinpei: Excuse me! *placing the mic on Daito's head*

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot24

Daito: Oh! Sorry, I was sleeping with my eyes open.
    Shinpei: You were sleeping with your eyes open??
    Manpei: Good morning!
    Shinpei: Is it okay?
    Daito: It's okay.
    Manpei: We just need a bit of your time, please let us interview you.
    Daito: Alright.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot25

Shinpei: Then... please do a weird face!
    Daito: What are you saying!?
    Shinpei: *laughs* Sorry!
    Manpei: *to Shinpei* You're being too straight.
    Daito: What are you saying in a stereo sound like that?
    (yanie: lol, I think Daito was trying to make a joke that when the twin says things at the same time, it's like a stereo sound, since he'll hear the same voices from both sides)
    Daito: My role is using a lot of iPad, but actually I'm a very analog man.
    Shinpei: Really??
    Daito: Yeah. So during breaks, I always try hard to understand iPad more. When you do this, the picture will get bigger, right?
    Shinpei: You do that alot!
    Manpei: So, that's why you always make the pictures bigger on the set.
    Daito: The pleasure doing this, is really not normal, y'know.
    (someone's saying something from afar, and all three were looking at him... dunno who he is, but perhaps Mori-sempai?)

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot26

Shinpei: Your turn is over already!
    Daito: The camera's rolling here.
    Daito: As Kyoya, I'm the one who's managing the host club here. So borrowing this camera, I'd like these two to perform a new twin gag for the future's sake.

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot27

Daito: Well... y'know, a twin gag is something that only a twin can do. There's no mistaking that the two will create a new era, a new era for the twin. They're creating a gag that will be remembered from now on. *to the twin* Are you ready? They're ready. Okay... Manpei-san, Shinpei-san... Go ahead, please!

(the twin singing)
    "Konnyaku-batake de futago toreta!" (we got a twin from the konnyaku(solidified jelly) field)
    [note: there's a song in Japan with lyrics "Konnyaku-batake de fruits toreta!"]

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot28

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot29

Daito: OKAY!! Then.... BYE-BYEEEE!!!

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Offshot30

annanipples
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am

All I can say is... DAITO YOU FANBOY. Razz
    Thanks for translating this, yanie!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am

@yanie

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!! I 'm so glad to understand what the hell they were saying in the videos now! And I never knew the twins interviewed Tamaki and Nekozawa. My fave interviews were Tamaki's (Mori was hilarious and yes, he really IS tall! Shocked ) and Kyouya (surprisingly, cause Kyouya isn't really one of my faves-but I still like him Wink )

I can't wait to see who plays Ranka-san. Whoever it is, Ranka needs to look pretty as well as handsome (so they need a good tranvestite to play his part or i'll never forgive them!)
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:Kyouya (surprisingly, cause Kyouya isn't really one of my faves-but I still like him Wink )
    Kyoya is my least fav in the manga/anime. But Daito's Kyoya is crawling up in my list now Embarassed Can't resist those firm/scary expressions he make :<3:

You're welcome, minna~!! It's my pleasure!
    Watching the off-shot clips like this, I come to love the cast more and more!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 am

Apparently by July 27th, they've already shot scenes of the Black Magic Club^^
    http://ameblo.jp/from-vampire-rose/entry-10966289876.html

They used a horror-themed cafe called Vampire Cafe as the Black Magic Club set. The owner took picture with some part of the black magic club set. He said the Black Magic Club scene will appear on Ep7 and 10. They filmed a dark ritual scene here.

Can anyone remind me the manga chapters that takes place inside the Black Magic club, besides the chapter where Kanazuki Reiko tries to (love) curse Honey? Since it'll appear in 2 different eps. Can't think of the other one, unless the other one is just an additional scene that wasn't in the manga^^
    (the "Nekozawa's sister" chapter didn't have any scenes inside the black magic club, as far as I remember)
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 am

Wow, that room looks actually scary in the live action! Maybe they'll introduce the black magic club room in the episode about Nekozawa's sister, since it's the first episode that's actually about Nekozawa?

Also, remember that scene when the twins gave Tamaki a Haruhi mannequin and Tamaki was having his fantasies again? It seems like they'll be making that scene too! Look at this picture that Haruna took:

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Aoqtfq

Unfortunately I couldn't get a bigger size. I've seen a lot of her pictures from the same website but it always gives me a message saying their servers are busy, but according to Google that picture was from 3 days ago... can anyone access this site?

http://ken-on.com/au/new_moviediary.asp?uid=1&job=read&artist=76100&diary=9767
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 am

Nipples Admin wrote:Also, remember that scene when the twins gave Tamaki a Haruhi mannequin and Tamaki was having his fantasies again? It seems like they'll be making that scene too! Look at this picture that Haruna took:

Behind-The-Scenes - Page 3 Aoqtfq
    Haha, thank you! I remember vaguely abt the mannequin, can you tell me in which chapter was that? XD

Nipples Admin wrote:Unfortunately I couldn't get a bigger size. I've seen a lot of her pictures from the same website but it always gives me a message saying their servers are busy, but according to Google that picture was from 3 days ago... can anyone access this site?

http://ken-on.com/au/new_moviediary.asp?uid=1&job=read&artist=76100&diary=9767
    I can't access it too Sad Apparently its Haruna's manager diary. According to the info I read, it was written there that Ep8 would be mainly abt Nekozawa.
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:36 am

I found the filming location for the Ouran Private School!

Apparently it's a hospital in Ibaraki prefecture:
    http://www.yuki.or.jp/

Sugoi!
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:46 am

According to wiki that scene is from chapter 21. And oh wow, a hospital? I can't believe a hospital looks that fancy!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:43 pm

According to a Japanese, there was Ouran filming on his neighbourhood around end of July, and he said he saw one of the twin's hair color become blonde^^

I guess dying hair pink or blue is not realistic enough for a live-action, huh?^^
    I wonder if we'll get a wire action in this episode LOL! (remember Mori-sempai's moo and Tamaki's aaa in the anime?^^)
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 pm

OOOH! I can't wait to see a blonde Hitachiin twin!!
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:39 am

Kyaaa!!!One of them is blonde?! Razz I never for even a second thought the live action would do blue and pink hair-it's look lame...it's true! I can't wait for that episode! cheers

Also,it's kinda ironic that the only blonde person would not be Tamaki and Honey...but one of the twins XD

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:54 am

I translated Renge's actress, Tsuchiya Tao's blog entries on "OURAN". I didn't translate the whole entries, just some parts which are Ouran-related^^

2011-07-24
    The Gate of Dimension

And, another good news is...
    I'll be playing the role of Hoshakuji Renge in "Ouran Highschool Host Club" Episode 4!!!
    I'm sure many of you know "Ouran". It's the live-action drama adaptation of that popular manga!
    The first time I found out about this live-action, was when I read a news that says "Kawaguchi Haruna-chan will become a boy!?".
    That time, I totally didn't expect that I get to star the drama too.
    When you hear that your favorite manga or book will be adapted to a live-action, I'm sure anyone would feel both happy and worried.
    You'd have your own world of imagination in your mind, when you like a manga, right?
    Like, you imagine the characters' voices like this, they move around like this, or there's this building...
    On the contrary when your favorite movie is adapted into a novel or manga, even if it's interesting, you'd feel that there's something different, right?
    2D and 3D are totally different. The dimension's gate, in a good and difficult way, definitely exist. But I think, the thicker and taller the gate is, the wider it'll open.
    Making a live-action of a popular work is very difficult, there must be pressure, but there are wonderful things about it too.
    My older sister and my friends reads and loves "Ouran", so I feel alot of pressure.
    My friends asked me, "You'll be appearing in Ouran!?" and I asked them, "How did you know that?", they said, "I love the manga so much! So I checked the drama's site! Seem like you'll be playing Renge-chan, will you be okay???", suddenly they sharply asked me like that. ( ^O^; )
    Furthermore, not only the manga, but the anime is very popular too. I haven't watched the anime, so as a reference I immediately rent and watched it.
    Then, suddenly I heard a very familiar voice...!!!
    Huh? This voice, I feel like I've heard this voice so close to me, and I've heard it so many times... apparently it's Miyano Mamoru-san's voice who voiced the lead, Ultraman Zero in "Ultraman Zero THE MOVIE Final Battle!", a movie I also starred in, last year! (>v<*)
    I felt so moved already just by hearing his voice. But then as I watched the anime, the pace, the animation, the lines and the voices were really excellent!! And Renge-chan is so cute, it just give me more pressure... ( ^O^; )
    I've been in many live-action adaptations, and this is my 4th time. I felt the dimension's wall everytime, but as I mentioned before, a character in a popular work, has great power, so even though it's difficult, I feel very grateful just to have the chance to play the character.
    So this time, although she's a very powerful female character that I've never acted before, I've played the role with much enthusiasm!
    Of course, I'm so worried about what people would think of my portrayal of the character. But I played the role, Renge-chan, in my own way, while respecting the manga and anime's Renge-chan as well.
    So I'll be very happy if many people watch it and tell me your comments and impressions!
    Please!! m(_ _)m

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10963323006.html

2011-08-13
    I don't want to lose

Finally, the day has come! Episode 4 of "Ouran Highschool Host Club"!!!
    Renge-chan, the character I played, is something I've never done before.
    It's a very good role in many ways. The tension was MAX, the interesting level was MAX, and the difficulty level was MAX, as well.
    But I guess, each role's acting difficulty is always MAX for me... ( ^O^; )
    In any case, I feel so worried about the broadcast.
    Renge-chan is such a popular character, and in "Ouran", both the manga and anime are very popular, so I feel like the dimension's wall is twice taller and thicker...
    I'm very nervous about it, but it has come this far, so I can only watch it enthusiastically. I'll watch it properly and reflect my own mistakes.
    And I'll talk about my experiences during the filming in my next entry!!

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10984276652.html

2011-08-15
    Renge-chan's Time*

Today, I'd like to write about "Ouran Highschool Host Club" filming!
    I was a bit anxious since "Ouran"'s manga and anime are both very popular, and that I started joining the filming, midway.
    But as I stepped onto the set... the staff, the cast, everyone were so kind to me!
    The lead, Kawaguchi Haruna-chan is the same age as me, but I've been watching her on TV, so she's like someone above the clouds, for me. But as we talked and I found out that we were both born in February, and we have the same bloodtype, O, I feel closer to her. I was very happy (*^-^*)
    Haruna-chan is really cool, and even in a glimpse, we'd know that she's a funny girl who always make the situation lively. She's really Haruhi-kun!
    I've also been watching Yamamoto Yusuke-san, who's playing Suou Tamaki, in "Tumbling" drama, "ROOKIES" movie, and long time ago, in "Kamen Rider Kabuto". My little brother even have Sasword(Yamamoto-san's role in Kamen Rider)'s henshin item toy.
    I've also seen Daito Shunsuke-san, who's playing Ootori Kyoya, in "Tumbling", NHK asadora "Welkame", "Cross ZERO" movie. So I feel so strange when I found out that I'd work together with them. Somehow I can't imagine that I'll meet those people I've seen as images, in reality.... such the opposite with Renge-chan, ne. (laughs)
    But when I meet them for real, apparently they were really considerate people, I felt so grateful.

Yamamoto-san have the same tension as Tamaki, and he's always smiling! So, whereever Yamamoto-san is, I can't seem to hold back my smile.
    In the middle of a very hot day, during filming, Yamamoto-san asked me, "Renge-chan, do you want some drink?". Since he's a senior, and I was nervous, I said, "I'm fine. Thank you,". Then he smiled and asked again, "Ookay... then, is there something you want right now?". Without thinking, I said, "I feel like I want Oronamin C...". But that's a drink! ( ^O^; )
    As I thought, "Ack!", he was smiling, "Oronamin C ne...", somehow I feel like he's the real Tamaki-sempai, I felt so moved (>v<*)
    Daito-san always give detailed suggestions, like about comedy acting, "Perhaps it's better if you move like this?", so I felt like I was able to spend my time as Renge-chan, in relief.
    And apparently Daito-san is watching the drama I'm starring, "Suzuki-sensei" ! He said, "It's such a good drama!". I feel so happy that he gave detailed comments about many scenes, the lightings and acting. It made me learn just by hearing what he said. I feel like conveying what my "classmates" in "Suzuki-sensei" thinks of Daito-san, too (*^-^*)
    I also heard that Takagi Shinpei-san, Manpei-san are friends with Yuki Jutta-san, another cast of "Suzuki-sensei". I heard lots about him from them!
    It was such a short time of filming, but Ryusei Ryo-san, Nakamura Masaya-san and Chiba Yudai-san have really taken care of me as well... thank you so much!
    I was very happy about the filming, but personally there were so many mistakes I have to reflect...
    For example, I have a husky voice since I was a child, it's sometimes a problem. For acting, I usually cover it up with the way I speak, but this time I failed. There were many other mistakes I've done, and I'd like to correct that, next time.
    Speaking of that, there's a scene where Renge-chan become a movie's director, and there was a line, "CUT!!" there. The way I shouted "CUT!!" there, I imitated "Suzuki-sensei"'s director's way of saying "CUT!" (^-^) I'll be happy if you remember that when you watch the scene.

The first picture this time, is Renge-chan's picture!
    That day's filming location was such a glamourous place, it didn't feel like Japan (@o@)
    The 2nd picture is another Ouran's filming location. A different place than the first one. Apparently the apartement that my mother once stayed was right across the filming location! Such a coincidence, I was surprised.

http://ameblo.jp/tao-tsuchiya/entry-10986526077.html

I really hope she gets to appear again, because that first picture doesn't look like the location of Episode 4, at all XD
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:54 am

Aww she's so cute! I think she played the role well, and that's so crazy to be one of the characters of a series that your friends love. That first picture of the last entry might have been the outside of Renge's house "in France", but I really hope she'll appear again in future episodes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm