Behind-The-Scenes

yanie
    Host Club Member

Re: Behind-The-Scenes

Post by yanie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:04 pm

I love Hatori Bisco-sensei's latest twit^^

関東では本日深夜放送のドラマホスト部3話、ものすごく面白いのでお楽しみに!!!モールス女史役の中別府葵さんに感動。部員達の細かいお芝居も、美術さんの素晴らしいお仕事も必見でございます!(^^)山本裕典さんは、とにかくどうかお怪我なきよう…!
    =START=
    Tonight is the airtime for Ep3 of the Host Club midnight drama, it's very, very funny, so please look forward to it!!! I feel so moved by Nakabeppu Aoi-san's performance as Miss Morse. The host members' detailed actings, and the decoration artist's wonderful works are a must-see!(^^) To Yamamoto Yusuke-san, in any case, please be careful not to injure yourself...!
    =END=

LOL, must be about the "you're so cold, haruhi!" scene.
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 pm

yanie wrote:I've been twisting my brain trying to find out how I can capture that clip, but to no avail. Have tried all these kind of streaming clip ripper software, but it didn't work. If anyone know ripper software that works well, pls let me know! I'll give it a try.

Since I'm in Japan, I can try to rip the video when I get home from work tonight~ If it works, I'll upload it on Megaupload or something and post the link here <3
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 pm

jade wrote:Since I'm in Japan, I can try to rip the video when I get home from work tonight~ If it works, I'll upload it on Megaupload or something and post the link here <3
    You're an angel Hug
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 am

Some entries from the Producer's Diary in the official website.

translated by yanie

Kawaguchi-san is an energetic girl!

This is the producer, Tachibana.

Today, I'd like to write about the lead, Kawaguchi Haruna-san.

Straightly speaking, Kawaguchi Haruna-san is an "energetic" girl. You'll know when you watch the drama, that the lead, Haruhi, appears in every scene. Kawaguchi Haruna-san, of necessity, has to join the filmings everyday, and yet she's always energetic and never shows any 'tired' expression.

It has been 3 weeks since we started filming, and she has come to get along well with the other cast. Although she's being surrounded by 7 male cast, she's performing her acting at ease.

She's always smiling and cheerful, so the whole staff likes her and the good atmosphere on the set, is something that we have to thank her for, I think.

I'm sure she feel the pressure of being the lead for the first time, but I think she's really working hard.

Mr. Kan, the producer and chief director is also saying this in interviews, but I also always think that there's resemblance between Haruhi and Kawaguchi Haruna-san.

We'll be doing our best to make this "Ouran Highschool Host Club" as Kawaguchi Haruna-san's representative work!

=+=+=

About Yamamoto Yusuke-san

Today, I'd like to write about Yamamoto Yusuke-san.
    Yamamoto Yusuke-san, in any case, is kakkoii(handsome/cool)!
    When I see him from a close distance, it makes even me, a man, my heart beats faster.
    All of the male cast are kakkoii, but Yamamoto Yusuke-san really suit the shiny prince type.

Actually, I was an assistant producer of his first leading drama (TBS' midday drama, My Fair Boy), it has been 4 years since we first met, and I'm very suprised with his remarkable growth and career up to now.

Yesterday, I said that Kawaguchi Haruna-san resembles Haruhi, and now I also have to say that I feel Yamamoto Yusuke-san resembles Tamaki. It's how he has this shiny, princely side and yet sometimes he also show his natural unique side, that makes me think so.

The inevitable fate of a live-action adapted from an original manga, is that, frankly, there might be some people who'd feel that the casting is not right.

Yamamoto Yusuke-san was worrying about that more than anyone else, and he is really working hard not to disappoint the manga fans.

I'm sure he will overcome those pressure and imagination and he'll appear before everyone very soon, as Suou Tamaki that no one else can act.

Please look forward to it!

=+=+=

About Takagi Shinpei-san and Manpei-san

Today, I'd like to write about Takagi Shinpei-san and Manpei-san.

Straightly speaking, these two loves the original manga.
    I think they're number one and number two fans of the manga, among the other cast.

Apparently they have always thought, "Only WE can play these roles! We'd like to do these roles, no matter what!". I'm very impressed with their serious thoughts.

For your information, since they're living together, they're also practicing scenes of Hikaru and Kaoru, at home.

Especially, the "forbidden twin love" scenes, apparently they keep practicing that. (laughs)

It's always interesting to listen to their stories that only twins can experience. Even when they're apart, they'll know how the other's feeling, or they'll say something at the same time, seem like they have that kind of sychronicity. It's really strange.

Hikaru and Kaoru in the story, is very difficult to act, in my opinion. If they get it one step wrong, it might look like a pretentious act. But they're acting the roles with all their might, and I'm sure you'll be able to see that on the screen.

=+=+=

About Nakamura Masaya-san

Today, I'd like to write about Nakamura Masaya-san.

Straightly speaking, Nakamura Masaya-san is kind.

There are many the kind type among the cast, so they get along well naturally, but the one who created that chance, might be him.

Kawaguchi Haruna-san who is the shy type, was nervous being surrounded by older men, but seem like the one who made her feel at ease, was Nakamura Masaya-san.

He said, "I don't want people to misunderstand about me", so I think what he did was wonderful.

Among the main cast, Nakamura Masaya-san is the number one or number two of the funniest guy. He always consider other people's feelings and try to make the mood lively.

He has 192cm height, just as the character in the manga. So I feel like this is fate.

Due to the original character, in the drama he has very little lines, but Mori-sempai is definitely irreplaceable as the host club member.

=+=+=

About Chiba Yudai-san

Today, I'd like to write about Chiba Yudai-san.

Straightly speaking, Chiba Yudai-san is cute.

When we decided to make a live-action of "Ouran Highschool Host Club", a very big topic for us was, "Who will play Honey-sempai?" or rather "Who can play Honey-sempai?". But Chiba Yudai-san really suits the role.

Before we offer the job, I went to meet Chiba-san once. That time, he was in the middle of magazine photoshoot, and he looked very cute.

But the opposite of that idol image, when I talked to him, apparently he has a manly, level-headed side. That contrasting sides of him is really his charm.
    I think Black Honey will appear too, in the drama, so I think he is the one who can act the two-faces character.

On the set, seem like he's being bullied alot, and lately Kawaguchi Haruna-san joining in as well, but there's no mistaking that everyone loves him like he's the mascot.

In the drama, there will be moments where he become smaller, and he also has action moments, he has many highlights here.

Please, look forward to it.

=+=+=

About Daito Shunsuke-san

Today, I'd like to write about Daito Shunsuke-san.

Straightly speaking, Daito Shunsuke-san is a good young man.
    He's hard-working and kind, just like the good young man in pictures.

Among the main cast, Daito Shunsuke-san is the number one, number two stylish one. Everyone is stylish in their own way, but he always look very stylish.

I've also worked with him before in a drama, around 2 years ago. But he has definitely grown now, not only as an actor, but as a man too.

Might be related with the fact that he's playing the role as the Vice President, but sometimes he would be considerate of the others from afar, he also sometimes leading the communication with the other cast.

He has worked together with Yamamoto Yusuke-san many times, and seem like they have a deep mutual trust relationship. I'm sure you'd be able to see that on the screen.

=+=+=

Ouran Necktie is For Sale!!

In the "Ouran Highschool Host Club" drama, we weren't able to realize the uniform design that looks exactly like the one in the original manga, and so we had to make up an original design.

It's a very big responsibility for us to produce a live-action of a popular manga like "Ouran".

We really do not want to disappoint the manga fans, so we have been preparing the whole thing since half a year ago, but in the end, although we'd like to make everything the exact same as the manga, there are just things that we cannot avoid to change.

To change the uniform design was a very big decision we made. In the end, we made that choice, after Hatori Bisco-san, the manga author, encouraged us with her advice.

For your information, that design was the idea of the wardrobe guide, Kane-san and the producer also chief director, Kan-san.

It's the British type of trad design, and after we did some trial and error for the originality, we decided on this design. I still think the white lines is nice.

That's the chronology for the uniform design changes, but there's a part of it we'd like to keep faithful to the manga, which is this necktie!

We completed this necktie also with Hatori Bisco-san's advice. It's such a beautiful design, so we were considering of making this a product for sell, and finally we're able to realize that!

I'm so happy.

The necktie is being produced by COMIC NATALIE and Mantan Web (Mainichi Shimbun Digital), so as some of you might know, it is selling at TBS Shop at Akasaka and Tokyo Station starting on the 5th, and it's also selling in TBS i-Shop.

Please take a look!

=+=+=
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:09 am

yanie wrote:Kawaguchi Haruna-san who is the shy type, was nervous being surrounded by older men, but seem like the one who made her feel at ease, was Nakamura Masaya-san.

Aww, that's so sweet! No wonder Haruna had picked him as her favorite in real life during the Ousama no Brunch video. I always figured his actor is actually lively off camera too.

I also love that Bisco Hatori had encouraged them to change the uniform design. It really says a lot after so many people complained about it at first. I'm glad they changed it too because the characters look much classier and natural now. Having periwinkle blazers would have been awkward in a live action.

Thanks so much for translating for us yanie!

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:28 am

Thanks for the translations, yanie!!

I really enjoyed hearing the producer's view of the cast members. I'm really touched by Nakamura Masaya being the sweet one that made Haruna feel at ease~ It makes him a tall, dark, handsome, gentle knight in shining armor! lol

(and of course, I love the the producer finds the twins and their "home practice" so amusing and intriguing, too!! XD)

Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:45 am

Nipples Admin wrote:I also love that Bisco Hatori had encouraged them to change the uniform design. It really says a lot after so many people complained about it at first. I'm glad they changed it too because the characters look much classier and natural now. Having periwinkle blazers would have been awkward in a live action.
    Yeah, I think it really says alot, on how much effort the producers and the production team in trying to make this drama very faithful to the manga.

I mean, I didn't even realize at all about the different uniform until I read this entry, lol. Now that I pay attention, I think the live-action uniform looks even more classy than the manga one^^ I just wish they have better idea for the middle school female uniform, the one Ayame wear in flashback looks like an office lady uniform XD

Always love it when the original author supports an adaptation so much^^ She (she's a she, right?) even sent a refrigerator and some ice cream for the cast and staff, with notes and the host members cute manga illustrations on it^^
    ManpeiFanservice
    Home Practice

Post by ManpeiFanservice on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 am

I always wanted to know Bisco's point of view about the live action <3 I'm glad she's happy. I always read her notes at the manga volumes and there are some notes in which she talks about the anime... I was very curious about how she felt about the live action xD

From that very notes I feel like I got to know Bisco a little bit and I definitely like her ^^ so I would feel bad if she didn't approve of the live action.

Also loved the producer's insights on the cast! I too loved what was said about Nakamura particularly. <3 they seem like such wonderful nice people to be around. And I wished I could see Chiba's "manly" side. Maybe that would make me feel less of a pedophile xD
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 am

UGH... sorry yanie. I tried to get the video off the site, but it's copyrighted and my video rip won't work...

I even went into the page source code and tried to get the video from there but none of the things I've tried worked Mad I suck at javascript, but I could see the "Japan access only" and the copyright code written into the video *sigh*

Sorry I failed No
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:37 am

Since there are fans who wants to know how the manga author, Hatori Bisco feel about the live-action, I decided to translate this blog entry by Hatori-sensei^^

News on Live-Action Drama adaptation of "Host Club"
    translated by yanie

Hello!
    Have you seen LaLa July issue releasing today?

As you can see the news on the cover,
    "Host Club" will be made into a live-action drama!!

Thank you very much!!
    It is such an honor!

There might be many who feel concerned about this,
    so below, I will briefly write about how it went until today.
    This might become a long entry, but if you're interested,
    I'll be happy if you read this.

Actually, I have long decided before "Host Club
    is unsuitable for live action, so I won't let that happen".

I've made up my mind on this firmly for years,
    so until I can finally accept this, there had been
    ups and downs, and conflicts which I can't
    reveal completely.

What have make me decided to accept it,
    was the fact that my feeling about it has changed
    after I finished the manga.
    And I also think, in these time around (yanie's note: might
    mean the earthquake's after-effects), if a stupid and
    cheerful drama like "Host Club" can make people smile
    just a bit, I'd feel very happy.
    And the first reason was that, I feel touched with the
    producers, directors and the production team's extraordinary
    enthusiasm.

They corrected their confidential plan proposal in such
    a short time, and they even finished the script for 4 episodes
    for the proposal. I was really surprised and I thought,
    "These people are serious!", it made me waver.

I told them all my worries about a live-action, but their
    enthusiasm didn't change, and so I felt "Ahh... if they
    really want to do it that much, I should feel grateful.
    If they said things that much, then why don't I just
    let them to make this an interesting drama...!?"
    Suddenly I feel enthusiastic about it too, and
    I felt that I have to accept this challenge!

After I finished the manga and it become 18 volumes,
    although I'm sure there might be some lacking parts,
    but at least this work has become one complete set.
    So I started thinking that even if it get used for
    another media, it won't effect the manga whatsoever.

The drama will be broadcasted on TBS Friday midnight
    time slot, starting July. (the day is not confirmed yet)
    We apologize that it's a time slot that many of the
    manga's young readers can't watch on real time, but
    I heard that it's difficult to air it other than midnight,
    because of the title "Host Club".

I heard that this time slot is a slot that has an
    experimental concept which uses young script writers,
    young directors, and young cast, and different than
    what people might have thought of midnight slot,
    they're also challenging the potential young staff
    with a certain budget.

Hearing that, to be honest, I was worried since I
    couldn't imagine anything much until the drama
    is completed filming. But I also feel honored that
    the fresh and enthusiastic team want my cooperation
    as the original manga author.

To the readers, I'll be happy if you can enjoy the drama,
    with an open-mind. Actually I also have requested a
    few things to them. To sum it up, I asked them,
    "Please don't force yourself in trying to revive the manga,
    I want you to pursue the live-action's own interesting points,"

Manga and live-action are two different things with
    different levels. Not to mention, "Host Club" is a very
    manga-ish manga( ^^; )
    Thinking that what the manga readers want is
    "rather than an unnatural manga's live action,
    it's better to make it complete as a drama",
    so I told them it's better to change all the backgrounds
    that needs to be changed.

But still, I'm a weak-minded author who can't stay calm
    and always worried that I might get the unexpected
    of that unknown world.
    I admire the production team's big heart of responding
    to me without feeling troubled.

So anyway, the production is currently going in a
    super-speed. Everyone is working reaaaalllly hard!!

For your information, currently, I've read more than half
    of a few episodes script... really... it looks interesting!
    It seem to respect the original manga with that idiotic
    feel in a good way. And it mixes smoothly with the
    drama's original elements. I learn alot from these.

The directing of these script is the important part.
    The director is such an enthusiastic person too.
    They told me many directing plans which made me
    say continously, "I see!!", or "Director... are you...
    serious!?" (laughs)
    But while listening to him, somehow I started feeling
    that it will be interesting and I can't even imagine
    it anymore! I think we'd be able to see a totally new
    Host Club world (^^)

I heard the cast are also enthusiastic and have started
    getting themselves ready. I'm so grateful that many
    people are enthusiastic and so kind.

So far, I've only heard about the cast who will play
    the host club members and Nekozawa. I'm really
    looking forward to know about the other cast
    and how will they play the roles!

I'd like to thank everyone who's involved in this,
    from the bottom of my heart, and in the middle
    of this heat, I hope everyone stays healthy
    and enjoying it!

I'll pray that the production runs smoothly.
    Thank you to everyone who has sent their
    congratulatory message!
    I'm also grateful for the comments which shows
    your love for the original manga.
    I'll be happy if everyone can accept that manga
    is manga, and drama is drama.
    And I'll be very happy if you ride on this summer
    festival with me, and support the live-action!

I'll write again about the drama when I have something
    to write about.

I'm also grateful that many wishes a sequel series for the anime!
    I'm the only one who can decide about the drama and anime,
    so I'm really, very sorry for not being able to respond properly.
    But when I went to talk to the (anime) staff early this year,
    they said they're currently very busy.
    But I've told them that there are many requests about it!! (^^)

[2011/05/24]

source: http://biscoroom.blog99.fc2.com/

Last edited by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:40 am

jade wrote:UGH... sorry yanie. I tried to get the video off the site, but it's copyrighted and my video rip won't work...

I even went into the page source code and tried to get the video from there but none of the things I've tried worked Mad I suck at javascript, but I could see the "Japan access only" and the copyright code written into the video *sigh*

Sorry I failed No
    Aww, that's too bad. Yeah, I kinda guessed it's copyrighted. But thanks for your effort!!^v^

Oh, but btw, I saw the JCOM clip which interviewed Haruna alone in Tudou. So someone successfully ripped it, I guess. If only we know the right video ripper XD
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 am

Even the producer finds their home practice stunt hilarious. HEAR HEAR, OURAN FANS, WE'RE NOT ALONE.

I really liked reading all those bits and pieces about the cast, I guess their interactions in the interviews start making a lot more sense now. They're such a lovely group. :<3:

Thanks for the translations, yanie!
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks for translating Hatori's blog entry too! I don't know if she had rejected other people proposing an Ouran live action before, but I'm really glad she chose this crew. It's obvious from the casting that they were very meticulous with their choices, because they chose the more young and less known actors over any super popular 'ikemen' idols for accuracy. And from the producer's diary you translated earlier they really do try their best to stick as closely to the manga as they can. But I love all the new effects they've added to really make it a live action, and that Hatori is supportive of them changing any backgrounds (maybe this is what led to Tamaki's background change).

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 am

Hey guys, yanie's right. You can watch the video in Internet Explorer. You still get the 'licensed for japan only' sign, but if you click the play button, it still plays. Besides like, a screen capture program though, I don't know how to download it. Because everything I use is specific to Firefox.

Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 am

The only time Internet Explorer is good for something, haha!

I was able to watch the behind the scenes video of the press con and there were some cute moments! Specifically between Haruna and Yusuke (they do a cute handshake and fist bump while a stylist preps up Haruna's hair), Nakamura and Chiba (Nakamura tries to kiss Chiba but Chiba pulls away, haha), and the Takagi twins (doing their daily dose of twincest).

Post by JennyJukes on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 am

yanie wrote:
    The inevitable fate of a live-action adapted from an original manga, is that, frankly, there might be some people who'd feel that the casting is not right.

Yamamoto Yusuke-san was worrying about that more than anyone else, and he is really working hard not to disappoint the manga fans.
    awwww ^_~
    after reading hatori's entry, i've decided to stop comparing the live-action to the manga as it's hard to exactly replicate. so i'll just be happy that we finally have a live-action:D
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:10 am

Nipples Admin wrote:The only time Internet Explorer is good for something, haha!

I was able to watch the behind the scenes video of the press con and there were some cute moments! Specifically between Haruna and Yusuke (they do a cute handshake and fist bump while a stylist preps up Haruna's hair), Nakamura and Chiba (Nakamura tries to kiss Chiba but Chiba pulls away, haha), and the Takagi twins (doing their daily dose of twincest).

Where did you see it at?? I've been looking for it, but I couldn't find it (@_@)
    I love the GROSS! face Chiba makes when Nakamura tries to kiss him~ LOL
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm

jade wrote:Where did you see it at?? I've been looking for it, but I couldn't find it (@_@)
    I love the GROSS! face Chiba makes when Nakamura tries to kiss him~ LOL

It's this video in the movie gallery: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ouran2011/movie/movie0301.html?no=m0301

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

There's info that Ouran staff is currently recruiting extra-s to be residential neighbours and supermarket customers!!^v^

Does this mean.....????? *v*

(jade, you shld try apply to be extra! XD do you live in tokyo?)
    annanipples
    ate all the yogurt

Post by annanipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:10 pm

yanie wrote:There's info that Ouran staff is currently recruiting extra-s to be residential neighbours and supermarket customers!!^v^

affraid BRB, DYING.
    Nipples Admin

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:18 pm

yanie wrote:There's info that Ouran staff is currently recruiting extra-s to be residential neighbours and supermarket customers!!^v^

(jade, you shld try apply to be extra! XD do you live in tokyo?)

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This means we're going to see Haruhi's dad!! And Mori giving Haruhi a strawberry while the twins and Tamaki wail in despair! And Tamaki falling on top of Haruhi while Ranka walks in! SO MANY GOOD MOMENTS.

Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm

oh my god if Jade gets in as an extra (I don't think she lives in Tokyo though...?), she should totally wear a t-shirt or something that says "HI NIPPLECHATTERS!" or something. XD
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Here's the page!^o^
    http://www.tbs.co.jp/extra-boshu/boshu.html

Filming schedule: Aug 14(Sun), midnight ~ 15th dawn
    Filming place : a supermarket in Yokohama city
    Filming scenes:
    1. Customers shopping inside (adults; any age) ... 30 people
    2. Supermarket staff ... 10 people

Request to extras:
    It's a scene of shopping at a supermarket. Among the applicants we'll select some to be the supermarket staff (sales staff, cashier, demonstration sales staff, etc), so it'll be helpful if you can specify that you have experience.

Filming schedule: Aug 16(Tue), 10:00 ~ 16:00
    Filming place : somewhere in Yokohama
    Filming scenes: Passerby of a residential area ... 20 people (we welcome people who brings children)
    Request to extras: We'll be filming a scene of people passing by through a residental area on a weekend.

OMG!!! I'm so excited just to read these! lol! I'm predicting this would be around Ep7-8?
    Arrhhhh.... who will be playing Ranka-san??? Many Japanese fans are wishing for Tanihara Shousuke to be Ranka, lol. (the Ohsama Brunch male host^^ haha, he has interviewed Ouran cast before)
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:35 pm

**SOBS** I MISS TOKYO!! T_T
    This is what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, Kyushu...
    DAMNIT I WANNA BE AN EXTRA!!

The thing that kills me is that I'll BE in Tokyo... on the 19th to visit my friend.
    I won't be there August 14-16.
    I'm missing it by 5 days >.<

...stupid job.
    ...stupid having to go to work.
    ...stupid countryside.

Someone please shoot me and end my misery Sad
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

MAKE YOUR VISIT EARLIER.