Twins appreciation

Gemini Rose
    Scholarship Student

Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Gemini Rose on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:37 pm

I could maybe help with Indigo or other GIFS. I can make them, but the episodes I have are limited. I have the episode (and some others) when their mother comes to visit and they tell the others that they were the managers. CUTE SCENE! When they confess. CUTE! I'll be at your service that way until my memory kicks in with kanji. I lack a brain. LOL.
    Ryu Rena
    Chairman of Picture Edits

Post by Ryu Rena on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 am

Mrs. Takagi wrote:Moving on though. . . .Rena-chan, let me be the first to say that I'm sorry for your losses. I had 2 love ones die in a short amount of time as well so I know how it feels. It's funny, even though I was strong and didn't cry at the time, every now and then I'll be sitting alone at home and suddenly think about how much I miss my grandma and grandpa and I'll have these 'episodes' where I can't stop sobbing for like 20 minutes. . . .(that happened to me last week actually).

And I know it sounds crazy but less than 30 minutes after that, I'll find something else to do or find something funny to watch on TV and I'll feel fine again. . .like I never cried in the first place:roll:

Well, I lost my grandpa last year while I was having my pre-uni exam last year, my grandmother earlier this year and then my aunt a few days ago. Most people are curious on why I didn't cry because I'm very close to all three of them, but I just can't find it in myself to cry y'know.. Something about this line in Fairy Tail keeping me strong, something about 'why must you cry over the death of someone? Learn from what they taught you and walk towards the future' or something like that. The only time I cried was when I was 13 and I'd forgotten my bag in one of the classes, and recently when I retrieved my horrible pre-uni test result, that one I bawled my eyes out and my friends had to calm me down (was crying in the canteen Embarassed ).

It's hard to make me cry, but very easy to irritate me. Razz

Moving on!~

Mrs. Takagi wrote:Ugh, East Asians and their obsession with dieting and being thin really pisses me off sometimes. . . Mad They generally consume more healthy foods than Westerners anyway, so why bother with dieting anyway? (So many of them look underweight too). Just watch what you eat, get exercise, get enough sleep, you'll be fine, right? And forcing yourself to be hungry isn't a good idea anyway. . . .
    I honestly worry about the Twinpei's being underweight though. They have such tiny arms and legs, their thighs are about as wide as my upper arms

silent ...I'm uhh..more or less like that.. I think it's because of the Western influence coming in, most of us are just so insane when it comes to dieting. I don't diet, I just don't eat much because of my obsession over milk. That thing keeps me full and so it refrains me from filling my stomach with crackers, rice, junk food, burgers, chicken among other foods rabbit And I have to agree with the whole metabolism with men thing, my dad was like that too. He was skinny -but fit since he was in the military- when he was young, but ended up gaining a few pounds when he was in his 30's Rolling Eyes

Can you senpais imagine the twins with some extra fat and muscle on them? And suddenly playing in a show/movie that requires a lot of stripping..?

Onion Blush Onion Nosebleed Dead Onion

Yeah..those would be my reactions. Embarassed But really, I wish they'd just gain some bit of muscle and/or fat on them. Skinny guys are okay but it'd be better to show they're a little more fit y'know? Add some meat to those bones, work out a bit, make sure the cheeks aren't so hollow and sunken and heey~ I'd be glad to fangirl over them like how I did when I was young. I think those two need to know that staying the same isn't always good forever. People sometimes want changes, and I think it's high-time they took note of this.
    Though..I don't think I can see the Twinpeis looking like the Hemsworth brothers. I might loose more panties that I thought

As for their pictures~..so far I haven't gotten my hands on some good ones, but I'll be sure to check their facebook and their blogs, though the pictures in their blogs are rather small and hard to play with. If you senpais think there are some pictures worth for me to edit, just post them and I'll see to it Very Happy
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:04 am

Back again!cheers

First off! Gemini, thats awesome of you to offer to make gifs from that those episodes of Indigo no Yoru when the twins mom showed up. I think that's my favorite set of episodes because they smiled a lot:D

*smiley twins*

They have random cute scenes throughout the series but it would be a lot trouble to try and go through all the episodes just to find them. So do what you can!

Rena-chan! I had no idea you were like that! LOL I can understand though, us Americans seem to be getting heavier and heavier. Consequently, I've read a few articles saying how women in places like China, Japan and South Korea and becoming dangerously thin but eating disorders aren't treated over there the same way as they are in the West and almost considered "acceptable" or even normal. . .No

I don't want to gain weight but honestly I'd be disappointed if I loss more than 5 pounds. . . .I'm quite curvy and I'm starting to love my jiggly bits :lol:And I don't know what's with the women in my family but we all seemed to hit puberty hard and early. . . .my younger sister and a couple of my younger cousins have bigger chests than me!Onion Red Card

I watch what I eat but I could never do like some people do and weigh myself daily or count every calorie that goes into my mouth or do excessive amounts of exercising. Just be happy and healthy, I always say:D A person doesn't have to be thin to be healthy, and people shouldn't feel obligated to the impossibly high beauty standards of society. Tall, thin, chubby, short, flat butt, big chest. . .just be you, know what I mean? Cool

In the case of the Twinpei's. . . .I'm CONSTANTLY imaging how they'd look with more weight and fat on them. Actually. . . .there was this gif set from the 'Haguregumi vs Ninja' movie that I saw a couple of months ago (I'm not sure if you guys saw it or not) but it was a scene from the movie where I guess Shinpei's character 'Subaru' was getting prepped by the yakuza family to fight Manpei/Homare and the camera for a moment showed Shin with his arms crossed over his shirtless chest and you could kinda see him flexing the muscles in his arms and chest. . . .Onion Nosebleed

*sighs* But ikemen actors/idols are generally on the slim side. . .I just noticed that. In majority of the Asian dramas and movies that I've watched (with the exception of martial arts films) the younger male actors are almost always skinny, and the ikemen usually have "soft, feminine" features (which usually means no facial hair, big eyes, pale skin, boyish hairstyles).

Who knows, they may change their look soon. . . .I actually think they may not have a choice if they really want to take on more challenging roles as actors. And they're such good and hardworking actors, I'd hate to see them not get chosen for more mature roles. Even the twins mentioned that they don't want to play the "young, good looking" guy forever. I'd like to see them at their full potential!Gleaming Onion Eyes

I'd definitely like to see them in more action/adventure type roles. Ehhhh. . . .seeing them in romantic roles may take a while for me to accept, but I still think they can do it although you'd think they'd been purposely avoiding it this whole time.

Speaking of avoiding things!! There's something I randomly stumbled across when I was surfing around online earlier. . .I swear I wasn't looking for it! I was actually looking for summer fashion ideas on this girl's blog and someone left this question for her and as soon as I read it I started to panic!!! I didn't want to re-post it here but I couldn't help it. . .it's kind of extremely perverted so if you don't want to read it, please ignore my nonsense.

bad thoughts. . .:
    The question was. . .

Girl: "Do twin boys have the same penis size?"

My initial reaction:Onion OutrageOnion SweatOnion AngerOnion Icy BreezeOnion Tantrum Dead Onion"Oh dear lord not this question. . . . .why??? WHHHHYYYY!!!~~~ Damn you overactive imagination!!!"

I swear I almost had a meltdown, because I was afraid that I might think about it too long. . .and if I thought about it for too long, I'd start thinking about the Twinpei's because I think I already know the answer. . .and I know no matter what the real answer is, it's going to kill me!!!Headesk Sweatdrop I'll never be able to look at a photo of the twins together the same way again!

Putting my immaturity and dirty thoughts aside, it's actually an interesting question though. . . .after I take a cold bath and calm down I'm going to look it up!~~Onion Study

Post by Gemini Rose on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:42 am

I can confirm the penis size thing, with the exception of a few mm differences, thickness was the same though if I remember. Well, at least with one set of identical twins. Back in my college days there was alcohol, and someone asked that question. NO IT WASN'T ME! Trousers came down and I remember my friend and I in stitches looking for a tape measure. Um. . . yeah. Think they regretted it the next morning though. :lol!:Proof that making decisions when drunk is a bad idea I guess.

Last edited by Gemini Rose on Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes.)
    Gemini Rose
    Scholarship Student

Post by Gemini Rose on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:12 am

This is just a tester GIF. Think I need to slow it down some more, hmm.

Welcome to Indigo!

HUH!

Babyface21
    Scholarship Student

Post by Babyface21 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:18 am

What the hell is happening here??I guess this is why I should never miss more than a day or two of not logging in on the forum. . . .I can't believe I just walked in on a random conversation about the genitalia of male twins. . .O.o
    Mrs. Takagi, your "reaction" had me in hysterics LOL It is WAAAAY to early here for me to be pondering about such things. I'll just save it for later during my afternoon nap. . .hehehe
    I read the conversation about the twins and dieting too. I can't really decide where my opinions are on that one though. On one hand I like the twins perfectly fine the way they are. On the other hand, I don't personally know any men of their age who have the same built as they do. . .but then again everybody is different. As long as they can function properly and don't have any physical health issues, it's all good ^_^

Gemini, I'm loving the gif of the twins :-) I remember that episode! There's a scene where the little girl, Julia I think was her name. . .was making the twins recite something for her(?) and as they were speaking in unison they had this annoyed/uninterested expression on their faces, it was so funny LOL
    The gif is a bit choppy though. . .if you slowed it down would that make it run more smoothly?

I've got the last two photos the twins posted from their journey through the English alphabet!

Shinpei is adorable in the 2nd one but the one for 'Job' makes me laugh because they added the dots at the end. . . .like they weren't sure what the photo had to do with their job exactly hahaha
    Those knuckleheads. . . .
    Gemini Rose
    Scholarship Student

Post by Gemini Rose on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm

SHE STARTED IT!
    x Points to Mrs Takagi x

I've known a lot of twins during my years, 3 sets of identical guys and 1 fraternal guy and girl twins. My brother was a twin. I always got asked dumb questions about them, lol.
    "Can you tell them apart?"
    LOL! Nope, even though I've known them my entire life. Can you tell I'm being sarcastic?

I'll work on the GIF again, glad it's not just me that thinks it's a bit "choppy".
    I'm having problems with trying to get the captures, as the files I have are MP4, which makes for bad capping. The files just don't seem to be accepted by my programs. I'm looking into a converter for them, so I can cap them better and make the GIF's more smooth. If I can convert to perhaps an AVI format then it will be smooth sailing. The last GIF's I made were ones on here, my icon and sig, so I am a little rusty.

I have this thing when it comes to these two. I keep Y'ing them. I do it with most of my friends names too. Manpei is Manny and Shinpei is Shinny. I am so odd. I sometimes refer to Shinpei as Shin Shin. Anyways, Shin Shin's hair looks like my colour right now. Sort of a redish brown colour. Am I the only one seeing it? Or is my computers colour strange?

Ok back to the hole I crawled out of. x Hides under rock. x Oh and she did start it. XD
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Mrs. Takagi wrote:Rena-chan! I had no idea you were like that! LOL I can understand though, us Americans seem to be getting heavier and heavier. Consequently, I've read a few articles saying how women in places like China, Japan and South Korea and becoming dangerously thin but eating disorders aren't treated over there the same way as they are in the West and almost considered "acceptable" or even normal. . .

Yeah~ It's pretty much normal here if you're skinny and just plain..well..weird if your body's a plus size. No, I don't say we discriminate, just a bit weird y'know? Some of the actors and actresses are on the plus size but we love them either way, everyone's welcome! But when it comes to guys being skinny, I don't even know where to begin! They're all bones and skin Onion Outrage and it somehow creeps me! I don't mind the girls being super skinny, but I just don't like it when guys are like that too. At least the twins have some sort of fat-ish (can I call them fat, or should it be muscle? Shocked ) bits to cover up their arms and legs and their cheeks, but these other guys..I don't find them manly when they're too skinny. Anyone else think so??

Oh and by the way senpai..

Those were some INSANE thoughts, and it's 7am here! Onion XD Like Gemini-san says, and checked Laughing I also did a little bit of research. Mostly that she had said though. Though almost the same, they're not completely the same. And those are your findings, but the one I stumbled through this random tumblr is even more..well..crazy.

There was a picture of this device to measure how much spaghetti is needed to feed how many people, like an adjustable spanner only with a hole in between.. The first comment was 'I'd rather check my penis to see how many people it can feed'...
    My reaction: *chokes on the rice I was eating on* WHAT THE FU-?! Shocked And the comments after that was just 'can I reblog this because of that comment?' or even 'THAT COMMENT!' and so on, so forth..

*facepalm* I was laughing like a maniac after that... I wasn't even looking for it!! I was just surfing through the random tumblr for some K anime pictures and merchandise when THAT popped up! How can I just forget something so awesome random?? :3 Nodding

And uhh..let's carry on shall we?
    Thank you Gemini-san for posting that gif~ Onion Daydreaming that was a wonderful wake up call~ And I am going through the twins' alphabet posts to see if I'd have enough material for another collage..apparently not yet.. No I still have to wait a little bit more to get my desired picture and then when the twins are done and I have plenty of collages, I'm going to use those collages in a bigger collage, get where this is going? No? Yes? It's alright, we'll see the end product Laughing

Yes yes! Takagi-senpai started it! Onion XD And now I am having all sorts of dirty thoughts..

I wonder if the twins ever compared their down below..? Shocked
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:28 am

I can't believe you guys are blaming me for the naughty talk!Onion Runs Away 

I didn't mean to share it. . .it's just. . .before I saw it. . .I just HAPPENED to be thinking about the Twinpei's. . .so when I read it. . .it almost just seemed TOO ironic, you know? Suspect 

And at least now I can say we have an actual answer to that question lol

But I promise, this will be the last of the naughty/pervy talk.

Meh, for at least a week or so. . . .Twisted Evil (I'm a woman with hormones, darnit!!!)

Oh and Rena-chan, I agree that really skinny guys aren't as "manly" to me. I know that sounds a bit mean but it's just my personal preference. Actually, when I think of how I'd like my "ideal mate" to be physically built, he looks NOTHING like the male models I always see in magazines.

Pretty boys are just NOT my type No (Said the girl on a thread about pretty Japanese men) It's going to kill me to say this, but typically men like the Takagi twins are SOOOOOO not my type!Onion Laugh But me liking them just goes to show that you can't always judge a book by it's cover. They're a lot more than their pretty faces and scrawny bodies and questionable mannerisms. . .it's all part of a bigger package! (no dirty joke intended)

As long as our minds are in the gutter anyway. . .Rena-chan you mentioned that you wondered if the twins ever compared themselves "down there" before. . . .

*sighs*

Normally, I really try my best not to wonder what goes through the minds of menfolk. . .although they really aren't that hard to figure out 90% of the time. . .at least compared to women LOL

I hear stories about guys "peeking" at each others business while using urinals and stuff. . . .and I can only imagine what goes on in those public bathhouses or onsens in Japan. . . .Onion Icy Breeze And then of course if guys are living with each other and just REALLY close and comfortable around each other (like brothers) I've heard that they don't usually have a problem seeing each other naked.

*imagines Manpei getting out of the bathtub and walking past Shinpei sitting in the living room wearing nothing but a smile*

This is just my personal thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised if the twins have seen each other naked more than once, like a lot of siblings take baths together when they're younger (I know my sis and I did) and when you have twins, I don't think giving them a bath together is a big deal.

But now that they're older. . .I really couldn't say if they actually compared the sizes of each others "manhood" lol I mean if the distance between their nipples is the same. . . .
    Oh but what a spicy topic of conversation this would make for an interview
    Gleaming Onion Eyes 

There are these other twins who I kinda follow, Marcio and Marco Patriota. They're Brazilian, extremely handsome and the exact same age as the Twinpei's if I'm not mistaken Smile  Anywho, they're models and most of their photoshoots consists of them doing a lot of "twincest" poses; like the stuff Manpei and Shinpei did during Ouran was child's play compared to what these guys do Shocked 

But they do a lot of poses where they're standing/laying next to each other semi-nude or sometimes completely nude (but their bits are always covered) and sometimes I wonder if they've actually seen each other completely in the nude multiple times due to their work. I guess some guys aren't as self conscious about that kind of thing. And in the case of identical twins their mentality is probably, " We're biologically pretty much the same, I have the same thing you have, no big deal."

I always wondered if I'd be okay with bathing in a public bathhouse in front of other women. I don't think I'd mind it haha If I were visiting a public bathhouse in Japan I think I'd be more self-conscious about people staring at me because I'm a foreigner. . .with dark skin. . .and quite ample on the top AND bottom. . .Wall ... Onion I dunno, for some reason I wouldn't be as worried if I were bathing around American women. . .is that weird?

What do you guys think? Could you handle bathing in front of other women?

Oh and Gemini! I call Manpei and Shinpei "Manny and Shinny" too!!!~~Wooby Onion Eyes 
    Another random thought. . .I always cringe at the idea of an American reporter or something having to pronounce their names because I know they'd just pronounce their names incorrectly. It totally stresses me out because since America is so multicultural and diverse we have a lot of people with weird sounding names, but some of these stuck-up/uncultured TV personalities don't bother trying to learn the correct ways to say certain names. . . .

So instead of "Mahn-pei and Sheen-pei Takagi" they'd say it as "Man-pay" (as in 'This Old Man') and Shin-pay (and 'shin' as in your knee) Tack-a-gee"

Onion Anger Onion To Kill That would totally piss me off!!!!

Just sayin. . . .Onion Whistle

Post by Gemini Rose on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:12 pm

From what my friends have said they only used to peek when they were teenagers, just to see if they were normal. A bit like what us girls do I guess. My friend and I used to play a game in the pub, where if we saw one guy enter the toilets and then another, we'd keep watching until they came out. If one came out looking annoyed/down and the other came out smug, we would say it was because he was bigger. XD

As for not pronouncing names, I 100% agree. I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I'm British. The amount of times I've heard US people pronounce JK Rowling's name wrong. AHH! It's Rowling as in Roll, not Rowling as in Rawl. Grrr. I always pronounce people's names how they do.

As for guy body types. Has anyone ever seen Queer as Folk USA? The character played by Gale Harold, Brian Kinney, is more my type of body I like.
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:17 am

Well, you have two options should you be in the onsen; stay in the spot for each gender OR go to the mixed baths Laughing If it was me, I'd prefer the mixed bath, not only do I get to feel how the Japanese feel, I might also catch a few cuties while I'm at it Razz 
    And..peeking at each other's business is quite common in Asia actually Onion Icy Breeze I've been looking at my male cousin's junk ever since I was 4 and he was 7. Kids here tend to bathe together since young and mix both boys and girls in one bathroom together. And yes, butt naked too. So..having the twins peeking at what the other have somehow isn't surprising. I'm not even surprised if their sisters had seen it too.

Now I want to see!

Mrs. Takagi wrote:*imagines Manpei getting out of the bathtub and walking past Shinpei sitting in the living room wearing nothing but a smile*

I don't find this strange at all Laughing Remember a couple of years ago, Manpei posted a couple of pictures of his feet and leg? His feet from in the bathroom, his leg from his room. I'm not surprised if the 'cut scene' was that Shinpei jumped in to play with his brother if you know what I mean Razz

Mrs. Takagi wrote:There are these other twins who I kinda follow, Marcio and Marco Patriota. They're Brazilian, extremely handsome and the exact same age as the Twinpei's if I'm not mistaken Smile  Anywho, they're models and most of their photoshoots consists of them doing a lot of "twincest" poses; like the stuff Manpei and Shinpei did during Ouran was child's play compared to what these guys do Shocked 

Ahh yes, I've seen a video of theirs before on one of the older twins thread, and my ovaries went to ashes!! WOAH! Shocked I was so shocked when I saw that video and had to check the house twice to make sure I'm completely alone Laughing It would make things worse for me if the twins does that, I might be completely dead Onion Nosebleed 
    hitachiin-fangirl
    Regular Client

Post by hitachiin-fangirl on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 pm

It seems I've joined in the middle of a very interesting conversation. I too tired to get into it now but maybe next time I'm on. I'm just here to post a little (crappy) translation. I could understand the first section but after that, it just became on big, nonsensical jumble. I wish I could do more since I know I'm your only translator but it's just a matter of luck whether they use kanji I know or not. If it's just I few words I don't know, I can look them up, but when it's lots, I can't string any coherent meaning together (and guessing could lead to me starting rumours about them, which I don't want).

So, without further ado, here is part of Manpei's blog entry for the 29th June 2013.

Good evening!!!!!!

(My blog has been) empty of updates, sorry…

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Various things happened.

First of all, I dropped my mobile about a week ago.

My mobile and my travel card disappeared from my pocket.

I started to cry.

I couldn’t update my blog!!

I had given up and thought about buying a new model when I got a message today,

“The mobile has been found!”

I couldn’t believe it!

Good luck brought me a good thing.

After that, things get a bit iffy. He says some more stuff about his phone and that he was sick with a fever, headache and stomach pains (poor baby) but he is well again. He seems to be working on a play and has some after-event thing that he’s in. (He listed all the days he is in it). He finishes by saying:

More practice tomorrow! I will do my best!

Goodnight

And good night from me too.  I'm tired and have a headache from worrying about my hospital appointment in 2 days. I'm majorly stressed about it - it's make or break for me. Anyway, the translation provided a nice little distraction (even if the confusion made my headache worse)

Oh and check out his sexy picture. I can't help fangirling at the look he's giving me....I mean 'us'...

Gemini Rose
    Scholarship Student

Post by Gemini Rose on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:40 am

Hey, Hitachiin. Thanks for the translation. I know the woes of not knowing certain words. T_T T_T  Doesn't help there are thousands upon thousands. Wish they used the alphabet, lol. At least then you could sound it out and even search it easier.

Ok, I have to tell you guys something funny. Not "Ha! Ha!" funny, but in an, "Are you serious?" kinda funny. This is Manga talk guys. Probably be long.

So, I've been collecting Manga for about a year now. When they release the final volumes of Vampire Knight, I'll have completed that. Yay! Even though by the end I found it annoying.

I finally got all avaliable volumes of D.N Angel. 1-13, but it looks like she won't continue with the series. I hate when they stop one series and start like 2 others. FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED!

I've almost all of Fruits Baskets, 1-20 so far. I need 3 more.

For those who know about Tokyopop. Fruits Basket, Maid Sama and D.N Angel, which was published by Tokyopop are no longer in print. These Manga's cost big money to buy. The last 3 I need for Fruits Basket is going to cost around $30 each probably. Good thing I had such a bargin with the first 18. Maid Sama is impossible for me to buy, right now. WHY IS EVERYTHING I LIKE BY TOKYOPOP!? Please someone pick up Maid Sama, it's still ongoing and I want English books! Usui, I LOVE YOU! ... I'm done fangirling.

I've been trying to decide if I should try to finish collecting Fruits Basket or try collecting easier to get ones,

Death Note
    Special A (This is kinda like a cross between Ouran and Maid Sama).
    Betrayl Knows my Name (This is like a gay Vampire Knight).
    Ouran

I decided to see how much the complete Ouran set was on eBay. You'll never guess what I saw? I think it was Volume 3, £200 (about $300). WHAT? It's still in print and you can buy them in the shops for like £5. What idiot would spend that on just 1 volume?

Think I may have to sell my Doctor Who magazine and book collection to fund this Manga obsession, especially if I keep liking Tokyopop ones.  x Clings to Doctor Who collection x

Sorry for the off topicness, but it was kinda Ouran related. Congratulations if you read all of that.
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm not much of a manga reader (I just read some when my local Library gets them), but as an avid Ouran fan I would lean towards getting those (I've never read the other ones) and as avid Doctor Who fan I would say: DON'T GIVE THOSE UP!!! Onion Sweat Onion Anger Onion Runs Away 

Ahem, yeah, but that's just me.
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey y'all,

I've been in the hospital for a month because I needed an ear surgery because it was starting to become fatal. It was very close to being a brain surgery too since the bacteria almost got to my brain. Onion Sweat That was in June. By the middle of May, I had already finished my final exams for university so I went home but I went through an intensive ear treatment (was trying to avoid surgery since I was planning on taking summer classes). Obviously, that didn't work out so I had to cancel my classes and go through that mess. Onion Stress Load Anyway, so I can't hear at all, I have this terrible headache, and my throat is so swollen that I can't even eat well. :/ I have to constantly go to the doctor for checkups and some therapy since my balance is so off that I can't walk properly. That being said, I'm hoping to come back fully some time this month.

Actually, because of all of the medical expenses, I'm going to sell 70% of my seto collection. *sigh* If I manage to sell all of the stuff, I should have enough to buy the three medicines for my ear. (they are almost $200 each -_______-) I still need to pay for the month of hospitalization, the surgery, and the therapy. Ugh plus it's almost time to pay for my fall tuition and books too.

So I've been sort of going through some of the recent entries here. Just to say something first, I feel like there shouldn't be any dislike towards ichigo-kurimu. Her blog is not a translation blog so she shouldn't even have to explain herself as to why she doesn't want to do any translations for a certain fandom though she did say that she was going to stop and said why even though she didn't call out the names of the people. I feel like she was being professional and instead of starting any sort of drama, she just let it go and went on with her life. And she also has the right to type posts in any language she wants. Sometimes I type in french, spanish, and easy japanese on my twitter

ah my battery is about to dieeeee!!! I'll post again soon I promise. Oh!!!! And I'm going to take some pics of the Takagi things I have. There are some photos and stuff like that from their plays that I purchased three months ago and I haven't shared them. PLUS I NEED TO TALK TO Y'ALL ABOUT THE AWESOMENESS OF CONTON CLUB!!! Manpei has some crazy scenes. XD I missed everyone, please take care!

OH and Gemini, I didn't know that Fruits Basket was rare to buy! o.o I purchased the series as they were being released. I got really lucky then!! I also have the four DVDs. I've read Special A and Maid-sama too~ ;D They are very similar. lol I still haven't finished the Ouran manga though. (because I don't like that Hikaru and Kaoru have feelings for Haruhi) XDDDDDDDDDDD
    hitachiin-fangirl
    Regular Client

Post by hitachiin-fangirl on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:59 am

Oh my gawd, setolove, that is awful! Everything you've been through is terrible. I hope you get better soon. Hug 

I have bad news too. I had my appointment today and the doctor didn't listen to any of my concerns, made up a pile of crap to tell me, and refused to do anything to help me. It turns out, my GP sent the (false) record of my surgery to him so he believed that over what I said.

My only possible option now is to get things done privately but that will cost about £4000, which is an awful lot of money. Also it's very difficult to find a surgeon who is qualified in this procedure. Even though we are a supposed 'developed' country, there are no laws to prevent any person with a medical degree from doing any surgery. Like a dentist could do surgery on you without even telling you they're not trained. It's near impossible to find anything out online.

I just don't know what to do now.Sad
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:09 pm

OH MY GOD! I completely forgot about the july calendar!!! You see, I was so caught up in this game; Serenia Fantasy that I've been playing and completely lost track of time! I met a really nice boy named Jerry~ We then became friends on fb and..well..we hooked up.. What a Face But that's not the point *cough*
    I, in my rush, finished an edit for July and I hope I didn't mess this up!;

There's a new watery effect and I wanted to try it. Aaahh~ babyface-san, I'm so sorry for uploading this so late! The reminder just came to me while I was eating and nearly spit my food out in horrified surprise Laughing 

And seeing how I am pressed for time, I will return later! Also, setolove-senpai, I hope you get better soon~ Onion Kiss 
    Gemini Rose
    Scholarship Student

Post by Gemini Rose on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me or are these who I think it is?

Skip to about 4:40.

and skip to 6:10

setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

um, yeah they were in both Kizuna 2010 and Kizuna 2011 XD I have a weak spot for Hiroki, (guy in with blond hair on the second video. He was also in kizuna 2010). Lead really had the best dances. XDDDD That's mostly since they are a group that sings and dances though Hiroki left the group this year. *cries forever*

Sorry Shinpei, Manpei still did better. XD I haven't watched Kizuna 2010 but I'll probably buy it for Christmas since I'm completely broke. hahahahahahahaha
    Babyface21
    Scholarship Student

Post by Babyface21 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:19 am

Hey everyone! First off, Seto-love, Starfire, I am so incredibly sorry that you both seem to be going through so much right now. I'm sure it's taking a toll on you both mentally, physically and emotionally and I wish there was something we could do to ease your suffering X-( All I can say is whatever few things are bringing you happiness, completely throw yourselves into it. Whatever is temporarily bringing you pleasure, do it as much as possible. Sometimes the little things in life can help you out in a big way :-) I hope both of your situations work out in the end and please keep us posted.

To Seto-love about my current issue with Ichigo-kurimu, I'm still on the fence about it. I understand that she technically has no obligation to translate anything, but even so, I still feel like she could've handled the situation with more civility than what she expressed in her messages to me. I even told her she could be 100% right on her part, but I didn't appreciate that she seemed to totally blow off my sincere message to her. And just from my point of view, it's becoming increasingly frustrating to have new material to update on the blog I made for the twins (and not to mention new material for this thread). At least once or twice a week I get a message from a follower asking when is the next time I'm going to post a new Takagi related post and I hate having to tell them that there's nothing available. I haven't posted on my Takagi blog in almost 2 weeks.

I extremely appreciate all the posts, info, translations and submissions I get from you all on here, I don't want you all to feel obligated to try and keep my blog alive. I guess I'm just worried that without anything new to update on regarding the Twinpei's, both this thread and my tumblr blog are looking at weeks of inactivity; and with nothing new to discuss or share, the few of us on this thread will stop logging on and the followers on my page will lose interest and that will be the end :-( And I dislike that notion because I can tell that Manpei and Shinpei have brought a little light into the lives of some of their fans and I think that means a lot when you consider how everyone is always going through their own personal "battle". It's nice to have someone or something to escape to and with all the English speaking fans the Takagi twins have managed to accumulate over the past few years, I'd hate for us to lose track or "forget about them" because we don't live in Japan/aren't fluent in Japanese/don't have access to available media related to them.

So any hostility I'm feeling at Ichigo (rational or otherwise) is just my frustration about losing a valued source that was really helping me out. And I'm getting kind of tired of re-posting old photos, articles, videos, etc of the twins over and over again. And clearly we're running out of new Twin related discussions on this thread; this past week we had someone on this thread bring up the question of if male twins have the same sized "equipment" down there. . . .*staring at Mrs. Takagi*
    Not that I didn't get a good laugh from that conversation but is that really what it's come to at this point??

Oh and Ryu Rena, thanks for the July calendar. I noticed a couple of days ago that I didn't have one to post on my blog (because I usually post them on the 30th or 31st) but I didn't want to say anything because I figured you were busy. But thank you for getting one done on such short notice! ^_^ And Starfire, thanks for translating Manpei's blog entry for us as well. Like I said, I really appreciate the contributions you all make to both this thread and my blog.

I'm going to keep looking for potential translators to try and help us out. It's kind of stupid, but I was actually hoping that I would get lucky enough to find a translator who had absolutely no other pending responsibilities and had nothing better to do than to translate blogs, magazine articles and videos related to the twins; it seems like all of out past translators actually have lives that keep them from being available all the time X-D I don't know if you all remember the translator buddy I had who was helping me out a while back (who subbed the Magdala na Maria 2 musical). . .yeah, I haven't heard from her in about 6 months >_<

I'm still waiting on the subtitles for the Indigo no Yoru episodes and I'm still crossing my fingers that Haguregumi vs Ninja will be available for viewing online sometime this year (subtitles or not).

If anything comes up, I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:27 am

I actually have a friend who can -somewhat- speak and read Japanese and has an ameblo blog, but she's in college right now and she's having a test soon so I don't want to bother her. Plus, she's more of Daisuke's fan rather than the twins' fan so I also don't want to burden her. And I've been learning Japanese too just so I can help you Babyface-san but right now my Japanese is hopelessly, hillariously weak and pathetic. I can speak rather well, but I still have trouble reading, especially when it comes to kanji. I need to get my hands on some Japanese tutorials but unfortunately my wallet is as dark as the abyss right now T_T 

In some ways, I'll try to contribute by editing pictures and making collages of the twins just so you have at least something to post on your blog. But in truth, like you, I'm also getting frustrated because there's nothing NEW for me to post, all the pictures are old and the twins are busy right now and I haven't gotten anything good from them. The new picture of Manpei is okay but I can't edit that since there are writings there. And I have no photoshop to begin with Mad I'll try somehow, maybe rack my brain to edit pictures by combining two or three into one.

And regarding Ichigo, well, I have nothing to say about her. If she wants to help us and lighten our burden, then I'll thank her from the bottom of my heart but if she continues to stay as she is and doesn't want to contribute in any way, then I'll just look away and search for people who actually wants to help. I don't want to sound rude or mean, but acting like a petulant 5-year-old who throws a tantrum just because someone tried to correct her wrong only proves that person's point.

I know how it feels when someone throws something hurtful to you, that's what happened to one of my stories but I brushed off that reviewer because that guy is rude and he's not giving me any constructive critisicm, just mindless insults and I moved on, made a better story and shut the reviewer up, and I'm not even 20 yet! So if she, as a full-grown adult wants to stay a child, it's her right and when karma decides to bite back, I don't even want to open my mouth or bat an eyelash.

I'll try everything I can to keep this place alive. I just hope I don't give up halfway..
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

I wish a I could hug every one here who is going through a hard time Hug Hug Hug  I hope that you're surgeries, etc. go well and that you all feel better soon. As babyface said, if there is something that helps make you feel better, I hope that you can continue to find comfort in it.

Babyface, I don't follow your blog, but do you ever check out the Twins' Facebook and blog posts? I know that they occasionally post on their Facebook, so maybe you could make those into posts. As for their blogs, even if you can't post translations of the posts, you could at least post their pictures. I have found issues with saving/reposting pictures from that site, but I do know of some tricks for getting pictures (like the PrtSC button on a PC, etc.). If you do some searching, you can learn the tricks, depending on which computer you have. Just an idea.
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 am

Hey everyone!

I hope you all remembered to check Shinpei's blog~ ;D He updated a couple of days ago saying that he'll be in a radio show with Kimeru as a guest too~ 8D (since they are in the same stage play *happy happy*)

It's going to start soon! (about 45 minutes)
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rainbowtownfm
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:58 am

Ok I'm so happy that I've gotten part of my hearing back two days ago!!! (only on my right ear though OTL) Just to say, I doubt I'll be on any help with this. hahahahaha An 80% deaf person can't really translate at this time -____- ugh but I missed Shinpei's voice so I'll enjoy it as much as I can!

Regarding to new material, there is plenty I feel. They are super busy right now though but it's mostly stage plays so they are extra hard to watch. ONE THING THOUGH, I'M SUPER EXTRA EXCITED ABOUT SHINPEI BEING IN THE LIVE CODE GEASS CONCERT THING THAT WILL HAPPEN IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS!!! I practically die every time I hear him sing. lol XDDDD <333333333333 I'm especially excited as to what kind of goods they'll sell on their website. I'll definitely buy a CD if they sell one! Onion Laugh This is the good thing about it being in months though since they probably won't start selling anything online until December so it gives fans time to start saving up. ;D

If I'm not mistaken, I had ripped and uploaded one of Manpei's and Shinpei's plays.....the one about the running marathon. But that was a really long time ago and I don't even know if the download links work. OTL I uploaded it for a friend and sent her an email with the links. I'll search for the email and if I find it, I'll post the links here. Maybe they still work. Onion Wipes Sweat, h 

Just randomly, I wonder if the people waiting outside the radio room are Shinpei or Kimeru fans. XDDDD I feel that most likely, they are Kimeru fans since he is more famous but I'm hoping there are at least some Shinpei fans out there.
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove on Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:20 am

It's over TT_____TT I really want to watch their playyyyyyy!!! It sounds pretty interesting. Plus Shinpei as a teacher is hot~ Onion Nosebleed 

lol they were asked if they were a teacher, what subject would they want to teach. XD Shinpei said English. Then Kimeru and the host asked him if he knew English and Shinpei said a bit. XD For you Shinpei, I would pretend not to know English just so you can teach me. Onion Blush (yeah ignore the fact that I'm not a high school student but an university student shhhhhh)

Ok but that was at the end of the show. XD

They mainly talked about their stage play and how they already knew each other. (Kimeru was the extra flirty Angela in Maria Magdalena ;D. He wasn't on the DVD performance but he appeared in the backstage and was one of the many Angelas lol) So they talked about how they knew each other from there as well as from Prince of Tennis musical. Kimeru was Fuji (and Ryoma for a bit....errr long story) in the first cast. Shinpei was Momoshiro (aka Momo) in the third cast.

Of course the host had to mention that Shinpei has a twin. XDDDDD (yeah it's not like I saw that one coming) But yeah they briefly talked about Manpei and Shinpei mentions that Kimeru knows Manpei too. Then Kimeru talks about how he tells them apart......it's by the nose......Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Onion Laugh Shinpei's reaction was hilarious. I think this is where Shinpei said something like "all this time, while at Maria Magdalena, you told us apart by our noses??!!"

Anyways, Shinpei looked extra cute as always and I LOVED HOW HE WAVED AT THE PEOPLE WHO WERE OUTSIDE AT THE END!!!! Onion Daydreaming Onion Daydreaming Onion Daydreaming Onion Daydreaming Onion Daydreaming Onion Daydreaming 
    Then he said that he'll do his best~ Such a cutie~ He admires Kimeru too. Obviously, Kimeru took hold of most of the conversation. XD He is such a chatter box! Shinpei didn't talk as much as I'm used to but he still talked plenty. ^^ AND HIS SMILES ARE STILL ADORABLE AS EVER!!! PLUS HIS VOICE IS SOOOOOO DEEP AND SEXY!!! Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed 

I guess when comparing it to Kimeru's higher pitched voice, Shinpei's really is deep. XD

Since I've been in the hospital for such a long time, I think I was extra sensitive to everything that Shinpei did. XD AND THANK YOU CAMERA FOR CAPTURING HIM THE MOST!!!! *bows down* lol So yeah I think I was drooling just seeing him drink water from his water bottle. Onion Wipes Sweat, h 

SHINPEI IS JUST SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEE!!!!! SO CUTE SO CUTE SO CUTEEEEEE!!!

*COUGHS* Ok I should really get back to watching NTV. Today, they are airing Music Day in Japan but of course I had to take a break just watch Shinpei on the radio show.

......yeah I think he has become my bias. Sorry Manpei lol

Sorry for all the spam. Hahahahahahaa

*edits*
    Oh! I forgot! Kimeru calls Shinpei, "Shinpei-chan" <333333 so cuteeeeeeeee!!!!!! But I still think it can't beat Manpei calling Shinpei "Shin-chan".....XD I was a nothing but a puddle of emotions when I heard him say that on a backstage of a play (forgot which one OTL)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 am