Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tacoko
MangaMistrezz
Keshia
Cinnamonipples
Laila007
Thepinkbookworm
10 posters

Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000!

Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000! - Page 41 Empty Re: Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000!

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:32 am

2978. WHERE IS EVERYONE
    anyway I'm gonna vent about a shitty thing that happened to me, although I know a few of you would've already seen the post on Tumblr

SO THIS SUMMER I HAD DRIVING LESSONS. we had to finish it up before the end of August cuz we had the in-class part of the lessons at the end of last August and it only lasts a year before the subscription expires and you have to pay for all of it all over again.

but like holy shit, the first two lessons I had with my instructor were pretty brutal, cuz he's kind of a super impatient grumpypants who gets mad if I don't do something right even if I've never done before, and keeps grabbing the wheel if I don't steer right. I didn't want to get back into the car with him and was pretty nervous and upset before my second and third lessons.

but then the third lesson, this past Wednesday, totally took the cake in terms of horrible. He got mad at me for having trouble handling with a different car (both my sister, who's also taking lessons right now, and I noticed the pedals on our car are noticeably more sensitive than his) IN A THUNDER STORM. like, it was raining super hard and the roads were slippery. and he got mad at me for not being able to drive perfectly.

he cut the lesson short (it was supposed to be two hours and he made it one) because we were supposed to practice driving downtown but he thought I wasn't ready because I was having trouble driving in those conditions. and like he kept insisting the entire lesson that "if you keep this up without practicing more, you're going to need to pay for extra lessons" and "If it were up to me I wouldn't let you on the streets alone like this." and I cried a little bit in the car (he didn't notice, or if he did he didn't say anything) and I cried a lot once I got home and was alone.

BUT LUCKILY my parents, after hearing this, aren't gonna make me finish the remaining five hours of lessons with him because it is not worth me feeling like this and it's not helping me drive at all. I already did the in-class part of the program and I'm gonna be finishing up the online course part before we email them to cancel, so it's not like they wasted money, cuz I did learn some things from the in-class and online parts. my dad's just gonna teach me and that's okay cuz he's WAAAAY more patient and it's actually kind of fun with him.

but like holy shit I spent a good chunk of Thursday still feeling shaky and even now I'm flabbergasted at how awful that was.

SO HOW'S EVERYONE ELSE'S SUMMERS BEEN SINCE WE LAST TALKED? Very Happy
    hitachiin-fangirl
    hitachiin-fangirl
    Regular Client

Post by hitachiin-fangirl Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 am

2979. I'm still here! I've been on the twins thread regularly but I saw no-one was posting here so didn't come in.

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    SO HOW'S EVERYONE ELSE'S SUMMERS BEEN SINCE WE LAST TALKED? Very Happy

HOT! SO BLOODY HOT! Even with hardly any clothes on, a fan going and the window open, I'm still dying of the heat! It's been going on for about 2 weeks now. This is so crazy - we're actually getting summer weather DURING summer! (Usually we get it in May because the weather over here is stupid). The really hot days have never gone on this long without a break before. We usually only get 2 or 3 at a time.

My dad thinks I might have a thyroid problem. I'm always hot, even when everyone else is cold. E.g. when it snowing outside, everyone else at school don't want to take off their coats and scarves and complaining they're still cold. I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt and hanging out the window, trying to cool down because any walking for more than about 5 minutes causes me to boil, regardless of the weather.

You're driving instructor is a stupid asshole! I haven't learned to drive yet but my brother started and he got a shitty instructor to. He paid per lesson so the instructor took everything really, really slowly - like to the absolute extreme. My brother spent a fortune and still wasn't really getting anywhere, so he quit to find someone else (when he can afford it again).

Don't let the things he said to you get you down. Keep learning with your dad and you'll find it's so much easier than you thought. I would love to learn with my dad to but because we live separately, I can't be put on his insurance.

He used to let me and my brother pretend though, when we were little. The car was parked in the drive way and I got my brother to turn the wheel and use the gearstick and all, while I wrote down his scores - it was like a pretend driving test! Then I told my brother to change gear and he looked down for a long while and when we looked up, my dad was sprawled across the windshield, as if he'd just been hit! I failed my bro for that, needless to say!Onion XD 

I've been doing a lot of research and contacting a lot private clinics. I'm going to book in to see some of the doctors soon. I even found a clinic where the surgeon will come to me for the op! For some of the clinics, I would have to travel to England though. I'm going to meet all the surgeons and then make a choice - if they're a better surgeon, I would travel for it.

It's a lot of work, and all very confusing, but I'm getting all the info I can and I'm trying to organise everything.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 am

2980. gosh I know that feel. Everyone talks about Canada getting super cold in winter, which it totally does, but in southern Canada where most of the population lives, it gets RIDICULOUSLY HOT in many places as well. also it gets so humid that it changes what the temperature feels like. So we've been seeing temperatures that feel like high 30s and even above 40 degrees Celsius with the humidity index. it's pretty brutal. I hate hot weather, winter is my favourite season. >.<

and yeah, he's a jerk. x_x I think my sister will be able to do it because she, I guess, has a thicker skin and lets less affect her (also she's got a lot of assholes in her college course right now so she told me "yeah, I'm used to jerks"), so she's gonna be continuing with him, but I am not getting in the car with him again, I refuse. For us it's a flat rate, you pay like $1000 and you get 20 hours of classroom lessons, 10 hours of online lessons, and 10 hours of in-car lessons (although you can pay extra for extra lessons). We did the classroom part last year and I'll be finishing up my online courses before we contact them to cancel the lessons, so I will have learned a fair amount from the other parts, at least.

I actually sort of enjoy driving with my dad, even though driving still makes me a bit nervous. When we practice things like 3-point turns and parallel parking, we do it in front of our lawn so that it's okay if I accidentally back onto the lawn, and we giggle when that happens. XD I don't really need to learn how to drive THAT much, especially since bus tickets are cheaper than gas and the closest bus stop is a two minute walk, but my parents really want me to be able to in case a situation arises in which I can't use the bus.

Also that's really awesome that you're finding stuff for surgeons! I agree, I think if the doctor's really good it'd probably be worth traveling for it.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi everyone! I've been trolling the various threads, jumping in when appropriate.

Cinnamon, I'm so sorry to hear about your driving instructor, but it is really good that you are able to skip the rest of your lessons and have your dad teach you.

Honeycomb, I'm thrilled to hear that you are going to be able to interview surgeons, etc.! I know that the medical system over there can be a bit...difficult at times, so I am glad that you are able to get the treatment you need.

I have been hanging out at home this Summer, focusing on my work, and hoping for rain. I don't like to and can't afford to travel so there is not much difference for me between Summer and the rest of the year (besides weather).
    hitachiin-fangirl
    hitachiin-fangirl
    Regular Client

Post by hitachiin-fangirl Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:37 pm

I've found clinics but not much about surgeons. I'll have to wait until I see them to know who they are, and to know if they are qualified. I have to be very careful because anyone with a medical degree can claim to be an expert in a certain procedure but in reality have no formal training in that procedure at all. Stupid, shitty country and its lax regulations. (Sorry to anyone in the UK reading this - I love the country really but some things I just hate)

I'm taking things slow and exploring all my options before deciding anything. I hope I can find a skilled and trustworthy surgeon with the appropriate qualifications. They seem to be exceptionally rare.

I would love to go on a holiday (to Japan) but I certainly won't be able to afford it after this op. But I haven't been anywhere in so long.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Hopefully you will be able to find a good one in the bunch.

I prefer 'staycations', where I can just lounge at home in comfy clothes, eating good food, and playing on the computer.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:25 pm

2984. Staycations are the best! For me, I'm spending most of the summer at home, but I already went to Stratford, Ontario with my Girl Guides. Stratford is a theatre town so we saw some really good plays. :3 Also I'm going to an anime convention near where my grandparents live in August. Very Happy
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:32 pm

That sounds like a ton of fun! I like plays, even though I have only seen a couple. Are you going to dress up for the anime convention?
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:18 pm

2986. Yeah! I was gonna cosplay Galadriel with a group of my friends all cosplaying other characters from The Hobbit, but I literally have only bought sandals and a dress pattern. I'm gonna be postponing that cosplay until the local convention in November, and instead cosplaying Billy Hatcher from the video game "Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg"! it's a super fun and also pretty ridiculous game. XD I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get that cosplay done since unlike Galadriel's dress, I can buy pants and a top at a thrift store instead of making them, so there's less for me to have to sew.
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:29 pm

That is so cool! I hope you have fun Smile  I am eager to see your Galadriel outfit when it is done. I'm sure it will be beautiful :3 Nodding 
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:27 am

2988. SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND IN FOREVER
    So last weekend was the con~
    Spoiler:
    I finished my Billy Hatcher cosplay in time Very Happy

I also bought the Howl's Moving Castle art book (which I've been looking for at conventions FOR LIKE A YEAR), an owl kigurumi, and an Avengers beer mug (as a late birthday present for my dad). XD All of them, the kigurumi especially, were sort of expensive, so I didn't buy anything else aside from meals.

Unfortunately I'm considering ditching my Galadriel cosplay because I actually had a lot of fun cosplaying Billy Hatcher, so I'd definitely be up for using it for the next two cons I do (after that, I'll be redoing my Sho Minamimoto cosplay), and I've also got to work on another cosplay this fall for Hetalia Day anyway (next actual convention for me is in late Fall). so I dunno what's gonna happen there. >w<

BUT YEAH HOW HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Cinnamon, you look so cute in that costume!  I love the colors and the hat.  You did a superb job on making that Onion Thumbs Up   I am glad you had fun and I hope that the next Con is just as fun for you.

I have been just doing the same old, same old.  Nothing to report on over here.  I have been watching Youtube videos, and I keep finding new ones to watch so that is a never-ending task Onion Stress Load   I am also thinking about watching some new Korean dramas, but I have to actually decide to devote the time to watching them, especially since Korean drama episodes are normally 60+ minutes long (no commercials!).  But I will probably find a good one at some point to watch Gleaming Onion Eyes If I find a good one, I'll let you all know!

How about the rest of you all? I know that Summer break is wrapping up or has ended, so I hope that everyone has a good school year/work year/etc year, with whatever you have to do.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:37 pm

2990. man.
    I just had my wisdom teeth removed a couple days ago. (I wasn't on the forum for the past few days because I was mostly on the couch or my bed with my new laptop, and I didn't remember my password and didn't feel like getting it XD)
    my cheeks are still soooore but not as bad as yesterday. Yesterday it felt like someone literally punched me in both cheeks. >w<

Not being awake for the surgery was weeeeird though, it's like I was sitting in the surgery chair, and then there's a huge hole in my memory, and then I woke up from an AWESOME nap with bloody gauze in my mouth. XD

also I start school on Thursday, although orientation is on Wednesday, and I feel kinda panicked because I've been recovering from surgery so I haven't really been preparing otherwise. >.<
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:49 pm

I'm glad that your surgery went well, Cinnamon! I'm sorry that you have had to deal with the recovery part. I also did not enjoy that, mostly because my food choices were limited (although, smoothies and ice cream are always good for dinner lol). At least you are feeling better.

And the surgery thing is exactly what I felt! I actually rather enjoyed that it seemed to go by so quickly. But, yeah, one minute you are sitting there, the next you are waking up all groggy and weird.

I hope that you are able to get prepared for school. Just take it one step at a time and try not to panic. I know, easier said than done, but I find that when I make lists and just think things through calmly, I relax because now I have a plan of what I need to do. But I'm sure you'll do well! Fabulous Tamaki 

Also, congrats on the 1500 posts Triumphant Tamaki 
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:07 am

2992. oh hey, I didn't even notice I was at that many posts. X3

yeah, I've been eating a lot of applesauce. Also my mom has this way of preparing yams that's actually originally a baby food recipe from a magazine, but it's simple to make and tastes good so we never really stopped eating it. It's just yams cooked in the microwave and then combined with applesauce. So my mom made a big batch and it's in the fridge so I have something soft and tasty and meal-like to eat. X3 I also had a cheese omelette tonight, and I managed pancakes last night for dinner by cutting them up into little itty bitty pieces and making them soggy with maple syrup and applesauce (I'm a big fan of applesauce XD).

and yeah, one of the biggest things I need to do is put together stuff for my student ID, but I need to take a picture (I don't really have one already that I can use that fits the criteria) BUT MY CHEEKS ARE STILL PUFFY. >.< But Dad and I are going out and getting a new backpack tomorrow, so there's that. X3
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Applesauce is good and at least you are getting back on solid-ish foods again!

Yeah, that picture might not be the greatest, but can't you always take another one next year? Kind of like driver's license: the first one is always the worst, or at least it seems like it LOL.
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:50 pm

2994. Swelling's almost gone so I'll be taking one this weekend, cuz I'm too tired to do it today. XD Orientation was today and the morning was a mix of really stressful huge noisy crowds stuck into one room and sorta boring speeches and it was awful, but the afternoon was fun cuz I met the History profs and they seem like cool folk, and I hung around campus with my best friend for a bit.

real classes start tomorrow whee I'm nervous XD

also the holes still hurt a biiiit and I still can't do solid food >.< I tried today during orientation because they had hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch, but it was horrible and painful and I regret it. XD
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:33 pm

I hope you do well with school! Good luck Triumphant Tamaki No Shadow 
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 pm

2996. WELL first day went pretty alright, although my bff and I both had our share of mishaps (I was almost late for the bus and for some reason felt really really sick after running to the bus stop even though it's not the first time I've ran for it, and she had an unfortunate adventure involving her bike lock jamming), but my sociology and sign language profs both seem pretty cool~

how are all y'alls doing with school?
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Holy cow girls (and possibly any guys): I just looked at the member count for this forum and as of Dec 5 we are at 500 members!!!   Triumphant Tamaki Haruhi Aw Yeah I REGRET NOTHING 

Yes, I know some of those are probably spam junk, but still!  500 is a great, round number and it makes me happy to see it on our forum  Onion Skipping 

I wonder why people join?  Are we really that interesting  Onion Pick Nose   Cunning Onion   Well, whatever the reason, I wanted to send a quick WELCOME to all our new members.  I hope that you enjoy reading our random insanity and looking at gorgeous pictures of Japanese men  Squishy Face Yusuke Wut
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:59 am

Ah man. I haven't been here in a while. HERRO!  cyclops 
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:01 pm

HI!!!  cheers  Wow, it does seem like forever. Everyone has gotten busy  Sad  Several of the members here, including Cinnamon, started college so that has been cutting into their fangirling time.

How have you been? Anything new in your part of the world?
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:51 am

Pretty sure I haven't been here since I lived in Malta - two years ago, but I'm in Australia now woo. It's really hot!! gahh

How are youu? Very Happy
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Actually you did tell us about your move. I hope that you are still liking it down there, even with all the heat.

I have been busy with work, but I still have some time to fangirl so I check in here to see how everyone is and what's new.

One bit of interesting news is that Shinpei Takagi will be in a movie soon. The trailer is out and we were able to get someone to give a bit of translation, but the movie looks so... Shocked  It has a weird plot, but it looks like Shinpei did good in it. Hopefully more clips and photos will come out and we can get more of an understanding of what the plot is about. If you go to the Twins Appreciation thread, it should be near the end of the current open thread (the Twins thread has been going so long that there are several 'branches' of it).
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:43 am

*Shamefully peeks head in*
    Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000! - Page 41 Tumblr_lc0zhbe50J1qb4xdx ...HI...

So....yeah....I don't really need to say how long it's been, huh? Onion Wipes Sweat, h  I just wanted to let you all know that I'm still alive. Yup. Also, I've missed you guys. Wooby Onion Eyes 
    And I just wanted to let you know that last Wednesday, April 2, 2014, I became...
    Spoiler:

Well, that's all for now. I'll probably come back here at a random time again. For now, SEE YOU LATER ALL~ Onion Kiss

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 am