Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000!

Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Re: Fook ya! Count to 1,000,000!

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm

I use books, Rosetta Stone, watch Spanish tv, so I am using a variety of different sources. Hmmmmm, I guess I should just refocus my mind in on it and spend more time with it. Thanks for letting me talk with you about it. It helped a little.

And, on Japanese, you can read two of their 3 writing systems? That threw me for a loop when I first learned about those 3 things. I am horrible at memorizing things, so it really freaked me out about learning those. Was it difficult?
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Wed May 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Oh, and Lychee, thanks for letting me pick your brain. I just find languages fascinating and to actually talk to someone who speaks more than English is a big deal for me Smile
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 on Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm

2006. OMG pretzel, you are like my twin!! I"M THE SAME WAY!! i WOULD LOVE to learn different languages and learn about different cultures and i think it's good to know more than one 1 language... it's even good when you go into the work world!

to be honest, learning the japanese alphabet was not that bad... the first one was very easy! second not as bad! i did find a awesome website helped me learn the alphabet... here is the site!

www.japanese-lesson.com
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Wed May 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Yay, I have a twin! LOL. That site looks really helpful, so I have it saved. I find languages fascinating because it allows you to, well, unlock a culture. And comparing them all, how they are similar and different, is really cool to me. I also want to learn Latin and any other random languages. Latin is cool because English is based off of it, so I like to see what the original form is/was.

Plus, learning different languages teaches you more about your native language. I have realized that English has a TON more words than other languages. It is amazing what, say, a Japanese person can use one word for that English speakers can apply 5 words to. Weird, but fascinating study
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 on Wed May 23, 2012 7:11 pm

2008. lol i know it's weird right... but dude i'm surprised you want to learn 3 languages ALL AT ONCE! i read that you should not do that. unless you have so much time that you can organize the time to learn each language. It's funny how English is the hardest language to learn and even a average american doesn't know how to use proper grammar and stuff but i think we all do.. that's why i like languages like japanese or korean because it's just standard compared to english. yikes latin, i remember my high school offered that i thought it was nuts for someone to learn that... lol oh well..
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Wed May 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I am focusing on Spanish, but I just kind of learn Japanese/Korean from watching Asian shows and listening to the music. It is like a side project, a want-to-do in the future. I read books about the languages, pick up a word here or there(I think I know 10 Japanese words now lol), and just enjoy it. Spanish is my main focus. I want to learn Latin because it is a fun language. You read fancy Latin words in science texts and daily conversation, so I would love to be able to just spout out Latin stuff randomly to impress/weird people out Laughing
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 on Wed May 23, 2012 8:30 pm

2010. hahaha lol, good luck! let me know if you need any help! Onion Thumbs Up
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Wed May 23, 2012 8:42 pm

OH OH OH
    I LOVE LANGUAGES
    DESPITE SPEAKING ONLY ONE FLUENTLY
    I also know random bits of Japanese, even fewer random bits of German (I'm half German), what French I remember from kindergarten to grade 9 french classes (required by law in Ontario, woo~), and what I remember from taking a semester of Latin last year (which is barely any). XD

Fun fact: all the "v"s in Latin are actually pronounced like "w"s. Which makes it sound a bit more silly. XD

I plan to one day just sit down and hardcore learn Japanese but I'm so busy and so bad at comittment. >.< I have a Japanese-teaching Nintendo DS game though! Very Happy
    I learned my Katakana and Hiragana by writing one character on my hand each day and reviewing them each day. That way, I'd see the new symbol all day.

Host Club Member

Post by Keshia on Thu May 24, 2012 6:40 am

2012 <--- we dead Wink

SUP BITCHES!!!!!

Yusuke Wut
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Interesting way to learn Japanese, Cinnamon, I may have to remember the hand trick for future reference.

And hey Kiwi! How you doing?
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Hey everyone! GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the official Ouran Facebook page they posted when the DVD of the Movie will be released!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU READY???

OCTOBER 10th (in Japan)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE FINALLY HAVE A DAY! Onion XD Onion Love Eyes Onion Daydreaming Onion Skipping Onion Love Gleaming Onion Eyes Triumphant Tamaki Squishy Face

But....they specified that it would be the special, limited edition version of the DVD. Does that mean that regular DVDs will be released sooner?????? I don't care! I just want to watch that movie soooooo badly online(dramacrazy) so we now have hope that we might be able to see it this Fall or perhaps a little sooner!!!!!

And now I have to wait until October to see it...... Onion Anger Onion T_T Don\'t Go Onion T_T Onion Cursed/Down Onion To Kill Onion Tantrum

Okay, okay, I'm good. Sorry, just got a little overexcited. I'm okay....I'm okay.

We will now continue with you regularly scheduled programming...

WAIT! I just thought of something, that means that, in order to promote the DVD later this year, we will have more Ouran pictures! And even teasers! Yay!

Okay, NOW you can return to your regularly scheduled programing. Maybe.
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 pm

That's amazing news Pretzel! Most likely, the movie will be available online a month after the DVD comes out. We'll probably be able to see it in November....maybe December cause that's Christmas. Unless some kind soul would release it ASAP. Let's cross our fingers!!!!! Onion Whistle

And good news guys! MY SUMMER SCHOOL IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Onion Skipping .... Onion Love Eyes I go back on June 13. I can now relax till then.....and I'm gonna need all the rest I can get cause my schedule for 3rd year is CRAZY!!!!!!! And, I finally managed to download "How To Date An Otaku Girl". (It's very hard to find online...and WITH ENG SUBS). I've been watching it over and over and I love it everytime!

And as for languages.....I really HATE learning new languages. Evil or Very Mad Languages was actually my WORST subject in high school (I barely passed it). I'm fluent in 2 languages (english and filipino) and semi-fluent in 1 (chinese). I know the basics of japanese too. The only advice I can give you is.........you have to REALLY WANT to learn the language your learning. If your not determined, you'll never be fluent in it. Also, it helps if your around people who constantly speak the language you want to know. Because even if you don't want to learn it, the language will eventually stick to your brain whether you want it to or not.
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Yay Mango! FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! I hope that you have a great time of rest.

Why was it so hard to find the movie? I found it on Dramacrazy.com, with English subs. And it really is hilarious! I actually read a book about Otaku's (The Otaku Encyclopedia), and was able to understand a whole lot more about the movie (like butler cafes), so it made the movie even better for me.

To be completely honest, I don't really WANT to learn Spanish. Spanish tv shows, music, etc. don't really appeal to me. But I think I should know it with the amount of Spanish-speaking people in my community. I really want to learn Japanese/Korean, so I think that is why I am learning it on the side. Onion Drinks Tea I have a plan to really re-focus on Spanish over the Summer, but I will have to wait and see if my new plan works or not.
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko on Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

-walks in through the door like a normal person-

Damn, I missed another conversation. xDD

I have a five day weekend, guys, so I'm just gonna laze around like a bum... not like anything will change. xDDD

So, I've made a decision, that I will not be going back to school for Ultrasound Tech. I'm just not excited for it as I used to be. I talked to my mom and she says that it's all good. So... I'm good. xD

But now I just feel like... bleh. I'm hot, sweaty, bored, and I feel like... my brain is dead.

Weh.
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Thu May 24, 2012 8:07 pm

2018. guys guys guys
    anime north is tomorrow. Very Happy
    (so I will probably not be posting from Friday morning until Sunday evening.)
    I am so excited. BY THIS TIME TOMORROW I WILL (hopefully) HAVE MET IZZY. Very Happy
    Onion Skipping

The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Taco! Thank you for using the door this time. Did you wipe your feet before you came in? Onion XD Sorry, just had to say it.

I hate it when my brain is dead too. I want to get something done, but I can't focus and I end up reading fan fiction all day Onion :3 Sigh

If you are not going back to school for Ultrasound, then what else are you going to do? What kind of nursing level are you at now? Sorry for the nosiness, I just have a friend who has been studying hard with nursing stuff and is going into Paramedics someday, so now I am always curious about what other nursing students are planning on doing.

Last edited by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko on Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 pm

LOL yes, I did wipe my feet, MOTHER. xDD

Yeah.. I'm reading random things now. xDDD

Well, I am a medical assistant and is certified in EKG... so I'm looking in that now. xDDD
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm

LOL.

That is cool about EKG. I hope that you will be able to pursue that career path.

Hmmmmmm, I have been saving WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too many BIGBANG pictures from various tumblr sites. And I think I have way too many picture of TOP's eyebrows. (Dang, he can...twitch them so well)

That sounded odd. Oh well Cunning Onion
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko on Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Ahhh, thank you! <3 I hope so too!

AND DONT EVEN MENTION THEM

I HATE THEM

LIFE RUINERS.

-sobs uncontrollably-
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia on Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 pm

2023:

I'm
    Doing wonderful. Wink I went into mediaasia which is an Asian music store here in Sydney and I found Atashinchi no danshi, tumbling, Hana Kimi (2007&2011) and Ouran! I bought all 4 haha. It was a good day. I'm on my way to work and have the worst cramps lol. How fun. It's gonna be a long day. I'm here until 9! Ugggh
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Thu May 24, 2012 9:01 pm

Haiii...things are active here again..... Onion Drinks Tea Pretzel, what I meant is that it's hard to find a site to download the movie from. The site it's originally from got taken down so it's hard to find- and with eng subs is nearly impossible! I'm downloading Ice Age 2 now......XP

Guyyyysssss......I'm hungry. But I don't know what I'm hungry for........ Headesk Sweatdrop
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

Awww, what happened Taco? With you-know-who? Or is this the traditional mid-fangirling depression phase? Soon to be followed by even more fangirling and posters?

And KIWI! I am so jealous that you got Hana Kimi and Ouran!!! Were they dvds, books or music? Either way, still jealous lol.

Mango, you should eat peanut butter pizza. No idea why. Just throwing out ideas Onion Drinks Tea
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia on Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

2026: they were the DVDs. I almost shit myself lol. The store is 99% Korean so I was looking for Coffee Prince. I found those instead lol.
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm on Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 pm

Wow, so jealous. Enjoy them! Now, I will comfort myself with youtube videos and fan fiction Very Happy
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Thu May 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Peanut butter pizza?....O_O.....ahhh, no. But thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll just pop me some popcorn.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 25, 2018 10:57 pm