Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
EllyGaara
enggrrl
Reina
eva_lee
sahelli
Thepinkbookworm
Gemini Rose
MangaMistrezz
Isidarnipples
devitto
ghoul-girl
seidooreiki
Cinnamonipples
setolove
arthoniel
Minzgruen
Ryu Rena
vegacerezo
Mrs.Takagi
jade
SariLee
NickyTakagi
26 posters

Twins appreciation

EllyGaara
    EllyGaara
    Commoner

Twins appreciation - Page 30 Empty Re: Twins appreciation

Post by EllyGaara Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi minna!~ its been a while! Onion Wipes Sweat, h Onion OTL

First of all...
    WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THAT WOMAN!!!!! Onion To Kill Onion To Kill Onion To Kill
    Who the heck does she think she is!!for getting mad at our princes!and did you see the glare she gave manpei when he was going!?!?! I think she seriously don't know to what she is endangering her life by being so reckless... well..if only we were in japan right now,i know we wouldn't have spared her! i know because i wouldn't! Evil or Very Mad
    Well,leaving this aside, didn't you think that the boys were as dreamy as ever?!From the moment they both appeared making their entrance and even when they where surrounded by the mountain of trash ,they still manage to dazzle me with their beauty and perfectness Well... WHEN DON'T THEY? Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed

*sign*.. lots of things happened since the last time i posted (its been 3 weeks.. Onion OTL ) my PC got a
    MEGA virus and i had to get it repaired.I had been without internet for a whole week (on my PC while I've still visit the forum regularly from my mobile) and i realized how much of an internet addict i was when i would seem completely lifeless without my constant dose of internet each day Onion T_T
    Nevertheless!I was able to surpass this by watching videos/pics of our precious twins in my mobile everyday Onion Love
    And also,my PC got formatted and i lost EVERYTHING that i had *saved* EXCEPT!! ALL the content (videos and pics) of the twins that i had all along! Onion Laugh ^W^
    I seriously don't know what the hell i would have done if everything about them disappeared as well Onion Sweat Dead Onion ... I don't even want to think of it!! Onion Anger Onion T_T *it happened to me before,losing every data that i had,i even got a small depression for several days weeks Onion Cursed/Down but this time,i think because I've at least been able to save the twins that I'm not so affected! *Onion Drinks Tea

Well,my problem are so small compared to others that i kinda feel kind of stupid... Devitto, Hope you're little
    boy is fine!!:3 Nodding and Welcome Back to the forum!! Wink

Rena-chan! Thanks for the august calendar you made before!Its lovely!!I :<3: it! :3 Nodding You're edits are soooo good! And you're story.... Shocked Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed
    I just loved it!! Twisted Evil I'm kind of really perverted in my mind..so don't mind me being overexcited! Embarassed
    Thanks for the Bl anime suggestion...I'm gonna have fun trying them Onion Skipping

Ryu Rena wrote:Though I consider myself much, much colder than Manpei when I was younger because I'm an only child and my parents hid things from me, like how they waited 12 years of marriage before finally having me and my mum loosing my 4 year older sibling before it was even born.
    Now I know why I was feeling so lonely when I should be fine with it.
    I think we have more in common than just our age ,well my situation is kinda similar..I'm an introvert (like everyone here ) and also an only child.My parents have also been hiding things from me since ALWAYS until i got 15-16 years old my mum told me that before me she was waiting*pregnant* of two twins boys but she loss them months before giving birth to them.Since then,I've always wondered who i would have been if they were born and i had twin elder brothers but then ,i feel more lonely..

Ryu Rena wrote:Twins appreciation - Page 30 Vampir10
    I seriously LOVE you for that! I think i still have that part of me who loves vampires Laughing

*sign* its getting late.. I'll post whatever thing I've missed tomorrow! Onion Drinks Tea
    So quickly I'll say welcome back Devitto and NickyTakagi !I'm kind of new here and we didn't converse much but I'm glad to see that you've come back! I wonder where Jade-sama is...I kinda miss her!! T_T
    Ohh! and welcome to the forum MsJTakagi! The more fangirls we have,the better! Onion Laugh Onion Skipping
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:01 am

Hello everyone! Cool

Everyone feeling alright?

I just got home (it's nearly midnight here). Me and my twin went to a semi-formal dance and partyed it up!! cheers It's been a long time since we were able to enjoy ourselves like this, just the two of us. We had a great time and now we're both exhausted Onion Yawn

But before I slip of into 'Dream World' I just wanted to post up the blog translations for our boys. Manpei's is first. . .his wife finally came home!! Onion Skipping

As usual, the translations come courtesy of ichigo-kurimu on tumblr.

[2012.04.13] Takagi Manpei’s blog

Stage play “Playstar” & Announcement!

Good evening ☆

Thank you very much for all the comments

Shinpei came home!

Somehow it feels fresh when both of us are at home (laughs)

But I had rehearsal so I missed him (when he came home).

Now we’re watching a DVD ☆

Are we a couple??!! (laughs) [I think we all know the answer to that by now Manpei, so let's just move on, shall we? Razz ]

So, yes

Stage show “Playstar”

While suffering & struggling, I’m practicing very hard.

As always, I’m worried.

Acting is very hard isn’t it.

It is an inverse of what I feel but, there is the situation of how another person sees the show.

It is proof that I don’t fully understand the script yet.

I have to read the script more carefully, and I must feel each line.

This time it’s really a comedy.

I really want you guys to see it!

You will definitely laugh!

If you’re suffering from worries, please come and watch it!

We’re putting all our energy (into this play) and it will be a new me!

Please wait for it.

Also, today I have an announcement

Ludvico★Vol.8「LittleAlice-Young Alice’s Timetable―」

I’ll be starring with Shinpei

It’s a replay, so I’m going to put lots of energy in it.

Please come watch it!

Thank you very much for reading until the end

Having a feeling of gratitude to everyone I’m going to try my best.

It has become a little warmer now, but don’t let your guard down and catch a cold

I’m going to rest well today

Tomorrow is another day of smiles ☆

Good night ~

Twins appreciation - Page 30 Tumblr80]

[2012.04.14] Takagi Shinpei

Mount Fuji

Good evening!

Today I had to go filming since the morning.

Today I started a new project.

The successfully cranked up (finished filming) for the other filming.

There’s something I want to announce but I can’t announce it yet. . .

Please wait until the ban on information has been lifted!

The story is quite different.

The pre-order for the stage show that Manpei and I will be doing, Ludvico ★ Vol.8「LittleAlice-Young Alice’s Timetable―」will start!

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! (Please take care of us)

The picture is a picture I took while filming.

It’s pretty right

I have a question, has any of you ever climbed Mount Fuji??

I haven’t yet.

But I want climb it one day

Well then.

Good night

Oh. . .I can't stand the suspense any longer. . .Shin-chan MUST make his secret announcement soon. . .I keep trying to figure out what it could be . . .what do you guys think?

I'm pretty tired right now, so I think I'll just sleep on it for a while. . .lol

I'll be back on later everyone. . .nighty-night
    Onion Sleepy Time

EllyGaara wrote:Well,leaving this aside, didn't you think that the boys were as dreamy as ever?!From the moment they both appeared making their entrance and even when they where surrounded by the mountain of trash ,they still manage to dazzle me with their beauty and perfectness

I totally agree! Somehow even when moving around through filth, Man and Shin still seemed to shine with their usual natural beauty Very Happy

And I still get a kick out of the way they walk. . .I noticed in Ouran they had this type of "swagger" to their walk that I couldn't quite describe. . .it's quite sexy, don't you think? Wink
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena
    Chairman of Picture Edits

Post by Ryu Rena Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:OH!

MY!

GOD!

THOSE LIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THOSE SEXY, FIRM PINK LIPS!!!!

I KNOW RIGHT?! I was a screaming, rabid fangirl when I saw those luscious, firm, sexeh lips staring at me begging to be kissed!! I bet those lips were all over Shinpei when he returned. Seriously..I wonder how it'll feel when Manpei kiss us. I'd probably have a heart attack and go into coma with a stupid grin on my face.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Shinpei came home!

Somehow it feels fresh when both of us are at home (laughs)

But I had rehearsal so I missed him (when he came home).

Now we’re watching a DVD ☆

Are we a couple??!! (laughs)

This...this....this... !! Onion Sweat
    OH MY GOD!!!! *rabid fangirl mode*
    Manpei!! Do you even have to ASK us about that?! You're by Shinpei's side 24/7 and 365 days a year, you have an adopted baby named LOVE-kun, you give Shinpei bedroom eyes even in public and you guys go on dates together, WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU WANT TO SHOW YOU GUYS REALLY ARE A COUPLE?!

Ohohohoho....this is a new flirty side of Manpei none of us seem to know. I always say Shinpei is one lucky guy to have Manpei by his side, but THIS takes the punch! Manpei's flirting, discreetly, because he wants to see us fangirls' reactions. Well, he got mine...

And lol, I'm not surprised if he wonder that he's Shinpei's boyfriend because my friend, Jasmin and I are VERY close and our situation's almost the same with the Twinpeis. We look ALMOST identical so people mistook us for twins a lot. We kinda thought of each other as twins anyway and I always call her oneechan 'cuz she's 2 weeks older than me (we're both born in January) and because of our closeness, our friends wondered if we're 'together' (they're just playing with us) since we're also a little touchy feely with each other.
    I always glomp, grabs her hand and hug her when I have the chance, and she always wants me to stay by her side and doesn't let me go anywhere alone.
    Least to say..our friendship is interesting, ne? Razz

And Shinpei....what are you filming?! Suspect Don't tell me it's gonna involve some...bed scenes like from indigo no yoru..
    PLEASE SHINPEI!! TELL US THIS SECRET BEFORE I GO INSANE!!
    ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Hello!
    I'm very new to this twin appreciation and am completely unsure of where to find out more about them...But I thought that here would be a fabulous place to start!
    First of all...What are they doing right now? I know about how they're about to do a new drama, is it? What other dramas have they been in? DO THEY SING CUZ IF THEY SING I WILL CRY AND PROBABLY BECOME A VEGETABLE AND BUY EVERY CD THEY HAVE.

Onion Skipping Onion T_T
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 pm

ReineChui, welcome! We love to see new faces cheers We are still unsure of what those two will be doing in the future, but they have both done plays recently. I would suggest that you just start reading back in this forum to see all the information. They DO sing in some of the plays, but no, they have no cds out. Again, somewhere back in this topic there is a video someone posted of the twins, in their play, singing a song together. Plus, there are gifs of them dancing that you should enjoy Surprised Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have any of them saved or I would direct you to them.

But, I find that reading the back threads of this is really fun and you will find lots of fun information about them.
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Welcome ReineChui! Hug

You've come to the right place to get to know them! 8D

As of now, Shinpei is working on Code Geass musical and Manpei has Play Star that he is doing. They will both be in Little Alice. That's for stage plays.

Movies........there is a movie that Manpei is in that will be on theaters soon....lol I forgot the exact date.

Then there is some filming that Shinpei is doing.........but he is not allowed to say what it is yet. :/ He just finished something.......and now he is working on another project but he still can't say anything about either of them. >___<

Manpei had some filming to do too and he also can't say anything about it. :/

ah AND I WISH THEY WOULD SING MORE!!! ;_____; sadly, they aren't singers, only actors.

There are two twins that ARE singers though. XDDDDDD ON/OFF! 8D The Sakamoto twins have really nice voices~ :3

But the Takagi twins don't sing unless it's for a stage play. ;____; and if they are in karaoke with friends....LOL and they probably sing in private to each other 8D
    ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Thepinkbookworm: Thanksss!!! =D I'll do that!

Setolove: Where can I find their musicals and plays with English subtitles?
    And they just finished something and are working on other things already??? PERFECT. MORE OF THEM TO SEE. =D
    Do they have any products? Like photobooks, magazines, ect.?
    Sometimes I wish I was older so that I could pretend that they're my boyfriends... XD
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:22 pm

ReineChui wrote:Thepinkbookworm: Thanksss!!! =D I'll do that!

Setolove: Where can I find their musicals and plays with English subtitles?
    And they just finished something and are working on other things already??? PERFECT. MORE OF THEM TO SEE. =D
    Do they have any products? Like photobooks, magazines, ect.?
    Sometimes I wish I was older so that I could pretend that they're my boyfriends... XD

Ah they don't have eng subs. :/ I'm pretty sure Tenimyu is the only thing that has been subbed and that's because pretty much everyone knows about tenimyu. XD Their other ones are really hard to find and don't have subs. >______<

Yeah! It seems that this year is their busiest year! I mean, it's not even half of the year and they have worked on so much! While it's good, I hope they don't overwork themselves. ;______;

They are in quite a few photobooks. There is the Ouran one, then there is the Indigo no Yoru one. Oh and only Shinpei was in Nachural. They have their own ManShin goods but those can only be purchased in Japan. T_T
    They have been in some magazines but I only have a few where there are there. >_____< So I don't have a whole list of all the magazines they've been in.

LOL it's ok to daydream. Well in my case, I daydream that they are together. XDDDD
    Ah, how old are you? :3 I'm 20 btw. XD
    ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Ah they don't have eng subs. :/ I'm pretty sure Tenimyu is the only thing that has been subbed and that's because pretty much everyone knows about tenimyu. XD Their other ones are really hard to find and don't have subs. >______<

Bah. I guess it's the seeing them that's more important anyway! =D

They are in quite a few photobooks. There is the Ouran one, then there is the Indigo no Yoru one. Oh and only Shinpei was in Nachural. They have their own ManShin goods but those can only be purchased in Japan.
    They have been in some magazines but I only have a few where there are there. >_____< So I don't have a whole list of all the magazines they've been in.

Are they extremely popular in Japan then? I am such a newbie. O_o

LOL it's ok to daydream. Well in my case, I daydream that they are together. XDDDD
    Ah, how old are you? :3 I'm 20 btw. XD

THATS EVEN BETTER. =D
    Well, when I first watched OHHC I was...really young. XD
    Now I'm 18(finally!)! Are you from the United States? Because hardly anyone here ever fangirls over Japanese stars and it makes me feel lonely... XD
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:49 pm

ReineChui wrote:Hello!
    I'm very new to this twin appreciation and am completely unsure of where to find out more about them...But I thought that here would be a fabulous place to start!
    First of all...What are they doing right now? I know about how they're about to do a new drama, is it? What other dramas have they been in? DO THEY SING CUZ IF THEY SING I WILL CRY AND PROBABLY BECOME A VEGETABLE AND BUY EVERY CD THEY HAVE.

Onion Skipping Onion T_T

Hello Reine and welcome!!

Always glad to have another fangirl onboard. Very Happy

Um, just to piggyback off what bookworm said, if you'd like to get any deeper info on the twins, I also would suggest going back through the 'Twins Appreciation' forums (starting with the first forum which is now closed. You can no longer post replies on there but you can still read through everything and it's located under the "Discussion" part of this site ^_^

There's lots of pictures, magazine articles, gifs, translated interviews and blog entries and all sorts of good stuff in both the old and new Twin Appreciation forums, so have at it!!

(It's ALOT of material to go through, so I suggest getting comfortable before you start Razz )

Um, to answer your other questions. .

1)What are they doing right now? Lots of things it would seem. . . Rolling Eyes Manpei is rehearsing for a play called "Play Star", they are both starring in a play called "Little Alice" starting in May I think. . .Shinpei will be in a play called "Code Geass" in the summer and apparently Shinpei just finished filming for something, but he's not allowed to talk about it yet. . .

There could be more, it seems like the twins often do multiple projects at once, but aren't allowed to talk about it with fans until they're given the "okay" (by their management I assume).

2)That other dramas have they been in?

Again, LOTS since 2007 it would seem. They do a lot of plays and musicals too, but most of them are not availabe for viewing online. . . Crying or Very sad

Manpei starred in a drama called "Sentai GekiRangers" in 2007

Shinpei was in a sci-fi drama in 2009 called "Hyoryu Net Cafe".

In early 2010 they were in a drama called "Indigo no Yoru". The show to me was very good, even though it doesn't have any subtitles yet.

They also guest starred/co-starred on other shows. . .

Mei-chan no Shitsuji aka Mei-chan's Butler:they played two mysterious butlers named Ukon and Sakon Akabane.

They've done several plays too, the only one I've watched all the way through (again without subtitles) is Magdala na Maria done in 2009. They played women. . . Big Laugh Shinpei was "Shirley" and Manpei plays Shirley's daughter "Emily".
    Even without subtitles, I must say the play was quite funny and entertaining :3 Nodding

3) Do they sing? A resounding "YES!!!" Very Happy
    If you would like to listen to our boys sing, I recommend watching these. . .

Indigo4 was the name of the quartet made up of the Takagi twins and two other actors from the Indigo no Yoru drama. The song they sing is the ending theme for the show itself. The only problem is that none of the members have a solo in this song and they pretty much sing the whole song as a unison from start to finish. If you aren't familiar with the sound of the twins' singing voices, it may be hard to pinpoint their voices, but it's definitely there ^_^

This is a chuckle worthy musical number of the twins singing in the Magdala na Maria play. Shinpei/Shirley is in the lavender dress and Manpei/Emily is in the orange dress. I'd try to explain to you what they're singing about, but it's rather difficult to explain (someone else on here can probably explain it better than I can).

This is Manpei singing his characters theme song from 'Sentai Gekirangers'.

That's all I've got for you right now. . .sorry I can't be of much more help. We update on this forum A LOT so be sure to check in regularly to see what's new with Manpei and Shinpei Wink

Feel free to post any sort of comments or questions you have about the twins.

Have fun!! Cool
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:50 pm

ReineChui wrote:
    Bah. I guess it's the seeing them that's more important anyway! =D

Yes!!! 8D I don't understand much Japanese.......just a few words but it really is good to see them~ :3 Plus they are simply amazing! <333333333

ReineChui wrote: Are they extremely popular in Japan then? I am such a newbie. O_o

Oh no they aren't that popular. ;____; well, with Ouran, they have become more popular though! Very Happy
    I think the level of popularity that they have right now is fine. They are popular but not too popular that it would hurt their private lives. ^^

ReineChui wrote: THATS EVEN BETTER. =D
    Well, when I first watched OHHC I was...really young. XD
    Now I'm 18(finally!)! Are you from the United States? Because hardly anyone here ever fangirls over Japanese stars and it makes me feel lonely... XD

XDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I keep daydreaming about them being together. lol Oh but they are together in the sense that they live in the same apartment and all. XD Mmmmmm I guess they just need to make their relationship "public" LOL!!!! They are so cute though~ :3

Ah, I want to be a teenager again! T_T And yes, I do live in the US~ ^____^ It really is nice meeting someone else that also likes to fangirl j-actors who lives in the same country! XD
    ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:10 am

Thank you Mrs.Takagi!
    And....I LOVE YOU. Those videos were so amazinggg!!!
    There are 2 parts to this forum??? I AM READY FOR THIS.

Again, LOTS since 2007 it would seem. They do a lot of plays and musicals too, but most of them are not availabe for viewing online. . .

Does that mean they did not start acting until 2007?

We update on this forum A LOT so be sure to check in regularly to see what's new with Manpei and Shinpei

Haha, I can tell! I have been checking about every two minutes!

Oh no they aren't that popular. ;____; well, with Ouran, they have become more popular though!
    I think the level of popularity that they have right now is fine. They are popular but not too popular that it would hurt their private lives. ^^

Thats good! So they aren't like Johnny's where it's like their lives are all exposed...

Ah, I want to be a teenager again! And yes, I do live in the US~ ^____^ It really is nice meeting someone else that also likes to fangirl j-actors who lives in the same country! XD

Hahaaaa! I want to STAY a teen!
    OMG I AM SO GLAD WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY AND MAYBE THE SAME STATE.
    Let's go to Japan together sometime to meet the twins! =D
    setolove
    setolove
    Host Club Member

Post by setolove Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:22 am

ReineChui wrote:
    Thats good! So they aren't like Johnny's where it's like their lives are all exposed...

Hahaaaa! I want to STAY a teen!
    OMG I AM SO GLAD WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY AND MAYBE THE SAME STATE.
    Let's go to Japan together sometime to meet the twins! =D

LOL!!! NOWHERE NEAR JE level. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I mean, sure I love a lot of JE groups but I don't like how much they get stalked and all of that. It's too creepy. Poor guys. >______<

You live in Michigan? .......I live in Texas.......;____; *stretches arms* so far awayyyyyyyyy!

Oh and I'm pretty sure Manpei and Shinpei have been acting even before 2007. ^^ *needs to check again*
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 am

Aaaahhh..why is it that the thread ALWAYS seem to come alive when I'm asleep..? Seriously, living on opposite side of the planet sucks BIG TIME. Onion Cursed/Down Anyways, it's morning now at the east side so..! I'm gonna come off writing what's important first of the first;

Reine-senpai, WELCOME.
    I hope you're enjoying yourself so far because we fangirls here don't just fangirl the twins for themselves, we also fangirl them for ourselves. If you haven't read my story yet...you might want to, lol Razz But I'll give you a warning though..it's matured.
    And I'm glad to see another teen going over the twins, I'm a year younger than you by the way.

Oh, and I hope you're ready to throw your sanity out. Onion Laugh

Takagi-senpai, thanks for re-sharing those videos, it's been a while since I've watched the Magdala na Maria play. I would've searched for it myself in the previous pages/thread, but I'm just WAAAAYYY too lazy.

Oh, and Elly-chan, sorry for forgetting to mention this before but..
    Onion Thumbs Up NO PROBLEM. Any friend/Takagi fangirl deserves a good edit of the twins because we won't be a fangirl if we don't get a dose of our beauties for a day, right? And lol, I think all of us here are somewhat dirty-minded so I don't mind your overexcitedness. In fact, I want you to share it Onion Laugh
    And I hope you have fun with those BL shows/manga, cuz I sure did...

setolove wrote:I keep daydreaming about them being together. lol Oh but they are together in the sense that they live in the same apartment and all. XD Mmmmmm I guess they just need to make their relationship "public" LOL!!!! They are so cute though~ :3

Setolove-senpai..did you read Manpei's recent blog post? He's practically (more or less) flirts with Shinpei there! He asked us (his fans) whether he and Shinpei are a couple or not! I was so stunned and shocked that he'd even ask that question that I just...froze...
    I was like..staring at his words over and over and asked 'REALLY Manpei? REALLY? You have to ask us that?'

Anyways, that's enough rambling from my side. I'm gonna create some collages for these two and post them here later.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 am

You're very welcome, Reine!

(Love you too! hehe Hug )

But I'm suddenly feeling embarrassed now, because I just realized how much of a fanatic fangirl I really am. . .I had all of those videos save on my computer! (Not to mention a files of pictures of them growing by the day!)

I guess I'm a little too obsessed with them. . .but I must admit, they do make my boring and often stressful life a bit more easier to get through Very Happy

As for the question of if they just started acting in 2007?

Maybe some of the other ladies on here could back me up with this, because I'm not 100% sure on how accurate I am but. . .

From what I understand, the twins moved from their hometown of Nagoya to Tokyo to become actors after they graduated high school in 2004. I think it took them a while to find an entertainment company to sign wih, find auditions, and get used to living in Tokyo in general. I think they did a few short commercials in 2006 and then Shinpei was in the Tenimyu musicals from mid-late 2006 till 2007 , but Gekirangers didn't air until 2007 so I'm assuming that that's when they got their real start (they were also living apart for a while at that time, which we'll have to get into later. . .)

Also like Seto-chan said, they really aren't terribly famous yet. Starring in Ouran definitely boosted their popularity a bit but they can apparently still walk up and down the street, take the train to work, run errands, etc and only get recognized every once in a while.

Oh and Reine, I am also in America! (Chicago-area to be exact) Very Happy

(There is a another fangirl on here, SariLee, who is from the St. Louis area.)

Oh, and I'm 21. . .only 5 years younger than the twins. . .and you have NO idea how happy that makes me!LOL
    I miss being a teenager too, even though it really hasn't been that long. . .I think I missed out on doing a lot of stuff by keeping to myself all the time, but that's boring news. . .

I'm curious Reine. . .

How did you find out about the Takagi twins? (Through the Ouran drama?)

Can you tell them apart yet? (If not, we'll totally school you in that department Cool )

Do you have a twin that you prefer yet? If so which one?
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:But I'm suddenly feeling embarrassed now, because I just realized how much of a fanatic fangirl I really am. . .I had all of those videos save on my computer! (Not to mention a files of pictures of them growing by the day!)

You're not the only one. My Takagi file(s) are growing every single day because I kept saving pictures and videos of them that my computer hanged one too many times already.

And regarding when the twins started acting, I think that it really is starting around 2007. Manpei was the one who was well-known first because of Geki Ranger and soon followed by Shinpei in a drama I forgot which. I think it's the Prince of Tennins musical, but I'm not sure with that.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 am

Check it out!

Ichigo-kurimu on tumblr just posted a translated blog from Shinpei!

A funny thing just happened though. . .the moment I saw the photo on the computer screen, without even having to scroll down, I automatically just KNEW Shinpei took the picture! Onion XD

Two things gave it away. . .

1)The Starbucks cup

and 2)Those big feet of his in the background. . .I'd recognize those anywhere. . . Onion Laugh

Twins appreciation - Page 30 Tumblr81

[2012.04.15] Takagi Shinpei

A Breath of Relief

Good morning!

I had filming since this morning

I woke up at 3.

So early!!

Then again I went to bed at 9.

I slept well and tried my best at filming!!

Since we finished filming early,

What I should do for now?

Anyways, I’m going to go take a breath of relief at Starbucks while I think about what to do. [I'd go home and take a nap, but that's just me. . .lol]

I had a root vegetable chicken salad wrap and a mango frappachino.

Ah-.

Shiawase!! (I’m so happy!!)

Does your tension get high when you go into Starbucks and there is no one sitting on the sofa?

Only me!?

Once again Shinpei, you ask a random, out-of-the-blue question, and once again, I have NO idea what you're talking about. . . . Wall ... Onion

Does he mean that he gets happy when he sees that there's no one sitting on the sofa so he can have it all to himself??
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:07 am

LOL!!
    Am I the only one who found this cute?

And that question...so like him. I think he meant to ask whether we'll feel lonely or tensed when Starbucks is empty and being the only person on the couch.
    In short, I think he felt lonely.

If it was me, I think I'd be lonely, not to mention awkward if I go into an empty store. I just can't stand going somewhere alone, I need at least someone to raise the tension in the air with me by being silly.

And Shinpei..how come you didn't just go home and cuddle with Manpei? That's better than spending your day alone, ne? Razz
    mynickyuuya216
    mynickyuuya216
    Commoner

Post by mynickyuuya216 Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:56 am

Hi~ Triumphant Tamaki

I'm new here.. actually, i've been stalking this forum for a while but just have the courage to actually introduce myself.. Onion Blush

And.. i don't know if it's been posted before but i found this recently n i was super duper happy! Onion Skipping So.. here's something..

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20655024d26w8XWQ

it's Magdala Na Maria.. full performance
    Ryu Rena
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:08 pm

KYAAAAHHH~!!!! THANK YOU!!!

And welcome!! Is it alright if i call you Yuuya-senpai?
    But my Internet's still slow..I'm so sad.. Onion Icy Breeze

AND I CAN'T SHARE PICTURES!! OHMYGOD WHAT HAPPENED HERE?! Onion Sweat I did a nice edit of our Twinpeis but I found out that I can't post it here, what happened?! I should mail the admins and ask them what's going on. But it's already so late here and I have school in the morning so... I really can't stay awake anymore... Oh, and Manpei updated his blog!!

Shall spend the rest of my remaining Takagi fangirl energy to try and translate it with help from google translate..

OH MY GOD, HIS PICTURE EDIT IS SIMPLY SUBLIME!!!!! I think he used dual tone, yellow and red for his edit.
    Go check it, NOW!!
    http://ameblo.jp/takagimanpei/

AND HE'S FLIRTING WITH THE LADIES!!
    Alright, it's like this, he went to Tokyo for work and only wearing thin clothes. And of course, he left his bare chest open. He noticed people staring at his chest when he went out, especially the ladies!! But in the end he felt cold because of it..

[ Headesk Sweatdrop obviously Man-chan...]

And he mentioned something about Shinpei in a VERY dreamy-like manner. More flirtings on your brother, eh Manpei? But to think he'd left hisbare chest open!! I'd faint if I could see him like that!! Onion Anger
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:01 pm

Yuuya-chan, welcome!

More newbies, yay!!! cheers

The more fangirls, the better. Glad to have you onboard :3 Nodding

I'm sorry you can't posted those photos you edition, Rena-chan ('cause you know what a sucker we all are for your photo edits), I wonder what could be the problem though. . . .you should definitely e-mail one of the admins just in case they can help you out, ne?

Also, not to step on your toes, but ichigo-kurimu posted translations for Manpei's blog too (I believe he's definitely having too much fun with his own photo edits these days. . . Rolling Eyes )
    I seriously just laughed and laughed at the part about his T-shirt Onion XD

It's really no ones fault but his own if ladies keep staring down his shirt. . .and he can't blame it on the weather because as I recall, he was wearing those V-neck t-shirts back during the winter time too.

Don't lie Manpei, we know you like the attention. . . Cunning Onion

Twins appreciation - Page 30 Mansan10

[2012.04.15] Takagi Manpei

I thought it was Warm but. . .

Good evening ☆

Thank you very much for all the comments!

Today it was sunny in Tokyo

I thought it would be warm,

so I dressed quite lightly to rehearsal.

Of course, the T-shirt was quite open in my chest area.

I feel like people who passed me were looking towards my chest area.

Are you a girl?! (laughs)

It was unexpectedly cold

I was shivering alone on the train platform

Is it cold where you’re living everyone?

And,

I went to the rehearsal for the stage show “Playstar”!

On the contrary I sweat a lot during rehearsal

We progressed till the very last part of the script

It will try harder from now on.

I’ll try my bestー!

Please check it out everyone!!!

Lastly,

Today I felt a cold feeling from someone I passed today

That person said “It’s Shinpei” to me.

Of course I became Shinpei (laughs)

Can you understand my mixed feelings of being mistaken for Shinpei and having to pretend to be him?

And this was ichigo-kurimu's own response to Manpei's blog which I found quite entertaining. . .

You could just stop pretending to be Shinpei and tell them you are Manpei. But I know you’re too nice to yell at a fan. LOL (You will only call them dumbass in your mind ~ and then call and complain to Shinpei) X-D

That must get really old for the twins. . .constantly being mistaken for one another. I mean how annoying it must be for a fan to recognized you once in a blue moon, only for that fan to mistake you for your brother. . . Onion Icy Breeze

What would you guys do in his situation? I think Manpei's too nice to correct people when they call him "Shinpei" but if it happens as often as they say it does, I'd have to say something about it. I'd still try to be nice about it though, I'd say something like:

"I'm sorry, but I'm not Shinpei, I'm Manpei. But when I see him, I'll be sure to tell him what a big fan you are, he'll be so happy to hear that!"

Or yeah, sumthin like that. . .and I just know what after that fan left, Manpei was calling her names inside his head and immediately called/texted Shinpei to tell him all about it, LOL.

BTW, I guess the boys are still working on seperate things right now which is why Shin went to Starbucks alone earlier and was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his free time.

ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Everything comes alive when I'm away!!!

Welcome mynickyuuya216!!!! I'm new too! ^_^
    Thanks for the link!

setolove....Oh noooo!!! I'm at least glad that most of us are around the same age and live in the same country...I feel less weird!

Mrs.Takagi...OMG CHICAGO???? I GO TO CHICAGO A LOT TO VISIT FAMILY!!! Do you live near the Chinatown area????
    Yes, I first saw them in the Ouran drama! I about died when they first appeared!
    Telling them apart? I think I can! Not sure though....Manpei has a slightly longer face while Shinpei has a little bit shorter face but still of the same thinness as Manpei's...His eyebrows are also slightly higher arched at the end compared to Manpei's...And Manpei's eyes seem to be shaped a little bit differently than Shinpei's....Am I missing anything?

I don't have a favorite! Just when I think that I do, something happens and I can't decide anymore!! How about all of you?

Everyone here is so much fun to talk to! When i first started fangirling(I was like, 14)it was on the KAT-TUN forum and they were POSSESSIVE. Here, it's like we all share and it's so family-like! =D
    Thepinkbookworm
    Thepinkbookworm
    The Ouran Librarian

Post by Thepinkbookworm Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:49 pm

Mrs. Takagi, thanks for sharing those videos! I was super excited to see the one where Manpei sinks his Geki ranger song(he sings so good!). And now I may have to watch the one were they are playing girls(Shinpei as mom cracks me up).

Also, welcome to our newest newbie mynickyuuya216! Thanks for sharing that video link and for being willing to introduce yourself after trolling(not that trolling isn't fun Wink )

ReineChui, glad that you like the forum! I think we have a good group of girls all over this forum who are sharing and supportive and just fun to hang out with. Don't be a stranger to the rest of the forum, the girls who hang out in the other areas are just as fun Very Happy

Hey, everyone who is new(ish) here, how did you find us? I am interested in how everyone came to find this forum. I found it through the Ouran Live Action tumblr(the mother site of this forum). But what about the rest of you?

And, the blog posts: Shinpei needs us to come and give him something to do! Cunning Onion Having a person like that bored is a recipe for disaster(or insanity). Maybe since he got done filming early he can tell us about what he filmed sooner! Because he is driving his fan girls nuts! And when fan girls get nutty... Onion Anger

Poor Manpei with being mistaken for his brother. I don't remember Shinpei ever mentioning it happening to him? Perhaps Manpei is the one that takes is more personally (wasn't he the one who liked the girl when he was little, and she thought he was Shinpei and that made him cry???). But at least he handles it in a gentlemanly fashion. But I wonder if he or Shinpei ever use the confusion to mess with their fans or even each other by making the other twin seem like a weirdo? Cunnin Onion Idea
    ReineChui
    ReineChui
    Commoner

Post by ReineChui Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Thepinkbookworm: Hahaaa. I understand...I was probably too intimidated! But nothing beats Twinpei fandom!

So I am definitely watching that episode where they clean Yabui-san's house (is it called Otenki-nee-san?" and I kinda wanted to cry! Onion Splutter
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

ReineChui wrote:Mrs.Takagi...OMG CHICAGO???? I GO TO CHICAGO A LOT TO VISIT FAMILY!!! Do you live near the Chinatown area????

Ugh, I WISH I lived near Chinatown. . . Rolling Eyes

I think I'd actually like to live in Chinatown, only I'd stand out like a sore thumb. . . T_T

ReineChui wrote:
    Yes, I first saw them in the Ouran drama! I about died when they first appeared!
    Telling them apart? I think I can! Not sure though....Manpei has a slightly longer face while Shinpei has a little bit shorter face but still of the same thinness as Manpei's...His eyebrows are also slightly higher arched at the end compared to Manpei's...And Manpei's eyes seem to be shaped a little bit differently than Shinpei's....Am I missing anything?

Those all seem to be on the right track! lol

We've discussed it a bunch of times on here before, but I think the way we tell the twins apart (most of us at least) is that Shinpei has the chubbier face and his lips are a bit thicker :3 Nodding
    Manpei is also about an inch taller than Shinpei but it's kind of hard to see unless you're REALLY paying attention.

Also, Manpei only has his left ear pierced while Shinpei has both ears pierced (they're quite fond of wearing jewelry Razz )

Oh yeah! And you may have to practice your listening skills for this one, but we've also figured out that their voices are slightly different. . .it's hard to explain. . .but Manpei's voice is more "breathy" and calm and Shinpei tends to speak with more force. . .and when he's excited he's just downright loud! LOL!

Personality wise, Manpei is more calm,cool and collective while Shinpei is more energetic and bubbly. . .although they switch personalities from time to time it seems. . .hehe

A good way to observe and test all of these examples is by watching this photoshoot they did a few years ago (have you seen it already Reine? Disregard it if you have lol)
    Still no subtitles for it yet though. . .I'm quite depressed about that. . . Crying or Very sad It's still fun to watch though. . .they're just so cute!!!!

(I think the only thing I could translate from this was around the :53-54 mark and Shinpei says something like "Here comes my idiot older brother") Onion Laugh

(Jeez, there I go being an obsessed fangirl again. . .I promise one of these days I'll actually get a life. . . Corner of Woe )

As for which twin is our favorite. . .? I haven't checked the polls lately lol I think all of us or more or less crazy about them both. I've checked on other past sites to see what people thought on the matter. . .sometimes the votes were in Manpei's favor and other times fangirls seemed to like Shinpei better
    *shrugs* So pretty much the same thing. . .

ReineChui wrote:Everyone here is so much fun to talk to! When i first started fangirling(I was like, 14)it was on the KAT-TUN forum and they were POSSESSIVE. Here, it's like we all share and it's so family-like! =D

Thanks for the compliment!! Very Happy Yes, everyone on here is very friendly (I can vouch for that since I've been a member of this forum since August 2011)

I'm a litter curious though, how exactly were the girls on the KAT-TUN forum possessive? confused
    I read through other forums for other random interests of mine from time to time, and I can honestly say that in nearly ALL of them, I'd eventually stumble upon some silly "tiff" or catfight between two or more members that eventually lead to all out pointless bashing. . .which is really pathetic because 1) whatever they were arguing about was CLEARLY not that important and 2) it took away from whatever the fansite was actually about.

I assure you that we are all just a bunch of hopeless, Takagi obsessed fangirls here. . .all Takagi related thoughts, comments, questions and opinions are welcomed here Onion Thumbs Up

thepinkbookworm wrote:Poor Manpei with being mistaken for his brother. I don't remember Shinpei ever mentioning it happening to him? Perhaps Manpei is the one that takes is more personally (wasn't he the one who liked the girl when he was little, and she thought he was Shinpei and that made him cry???).

Someone on a different site had translated a bunch of Shinpei's past blogs, and he did in fact mention being mistaken for Manpei. I think he mentioned once he was out running errands and a little kid was walking by and pointed to him and shouted "Geki Blue!!"
    And then on the BACSTV program, he talked about a girl confessing that she liked him, but she thought he was talking to Manpei and Shinpei got very embarrassed. . . Onion Cursed/Down

And then he said that their manager once said to him "Good work today Manpei!" but then commented that it was probably just a joke lol (I'd be more than a bit worried if their own manager couldn't tell them apart by now).

I do think that Manpei takes those instances more personally than Shinpei does. . .I can't describe it but I think he's more sensitive about certain things than Shinpei in general, but just doesn't show it all the time.

I applaud the way they both handle getting mistaken for each other, because I'm positive that's how things have been for the past 26+ years of their lives. They're really politie about it and will just play along, and then wait to unleash their frustration until they get home. . .lol

The Twinpei's are such good people!!

Twins appreciation - Page 30 Hikaru10
    Twins appreciation - Page 30 Kaoru11

[P.S. I apologize for the second photo being so small. . .I have no idea what happened. . . Suspect ]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am