Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Re: Twins appreciation

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 am

*can't reply. too busy crying her eyes out*

Post by Ryu Rena on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 am

Moment of silence for her.

Jade-neesama, would you be so kind to leave a message to the twins that we're all rooting for them? Simply tell them that no matter what happens, they always have their family, friends and fans to support them and that they're not alone. I'm sure that's what their grandmother would like.

Please give them my condolescence.
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Post by SariLee on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:19 pm

jade wrote:Sorry, guys (T_T) I've returned to bring you another dose of depression. Shin has finally posted in his blog about their grandmother...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
    ~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

2011-12-15 19:02:19
    My beloved grandma

Hi.
    I have sad news today.
    It's showed up in many blogs, too, but
    my beloved grandma suddenly passed away.

I heard about it from Manpei.
    At first I didn't believe him at all, but more than anything else, I was surprised.
    I told Manpei something like
    "Bastard, don't lie to me."

The inside of my head just went pure white.
    Cause just a while ago she was doing so well.
    Even though she said, "I'll see you again, ok?" with a smile...

How?

Why?

I still wanted to give my grandma so many things.

Why??

I won't forget her last smile.
    It's painful.
    I want to see her smile again.

Grandma
    I miss her.

Ever since I was little, I've really been Grandma's boy, and she would fix me dinner and run my baths for me.
    We went to festivals together, and trips, and out to dinner, and out to see plays.
    I remember all of it.

When I came home to Nagoya and visited my grandma, she would always ask me "Have you been trying hard? Watch out for your health, and do your best!"
    She was always really, really, really gentle.
    She was full of love and kindness.
    She was someone I could really respect.

She was stronger than anyone else as she fought that sickness, and it gave me a lot of courage. And motivation.
    Like, I have to work harder and harder.
    It gave me tons and tons and tons of encouragement.
    In tough or painful times, when I saw my grandma, I thought, "I have to work super hard."
    Even now, I'm able to do my best like this because my grandma was there.
    She was such an important person to me.

But

if I keep such a sad face forever, my grandma will get sad, too.

So grandma
    I'll do my best!
    I'll work so hard that my determination reaches all the way to Heaven!
    Just wait and see!
    Cause when I get back to Nagoya, I'm going straight to see you.
    But for now, please rest peacefully.

I love you.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

BTW, just in case you're wondering...

I'm totally crying right now, because I can't tell you how hard it was to translate that Onion Attacked by Te I could feel his emotions so clearly in his words (I hope I conveyed his feelings as well as the meaning of the words themselves). Even though Manpei was very open about his feelings, somehow Shinpei's felt more "real". They just cut to the bone. They're so raw, like open wounds, and I could picture him in my head... just... Well, Manpei was in shock and grieving, but Shinpei seems like a lost, devastated little boy searching for reasons where there are none, and it really hurts my heart to hear it.

But Shinpei is Shinpei after all, and where Manpei seems like he's going to sit on his grief and mourn for a good long time (which is healthy and I totally wouldn't/won't blame him), Shinpei seems like he's already decided that he'll mourn, but that the best way to honor his grandmother is to shake off his melancholy and do what he know she would want him to do... work hard and succeed. And that's really admirable of him. I just hope he lets himself really mourn like he should without trying to bottle up his sadness and hide it away behind a brave face.

Rain on My Parade

Hopefully the rest of us can fight off this melancholy, too!!

-------------

As for the proposal question: no, I don't think kneeling on one knee is common in Japan.

And secondly... I could've sworn both Man and Shin have BOTH of their ears pierced (o_O) I remember looking at all the pictures and watching them all through Indigo no Yoru and Ouran, and usually they only wear an earring in one ear, but I could swear I've seen them wear earrings in both before. I'll have to go back and check now... Shocked

Thirdly, they totally have different eyes. I noticed that, too. They say the eyes are the windows to the soul, and I've always thought that was really true. But with Man and Shin, it's SO OBVIOUS they have different personalities!

I agree, Shinpei's post is way more down to earth...perhaps because he's had time to think about things? There's a quote I read that got me through the death of both my grandmothers. It was "You've got to take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you've got, and always remember what you had." I wish I could tell them that...maybe I'll add it to my Xmas card...

And yes, their eyes are completely different! Looking in Shinpei's eyes, I get this really energetic feeling. It kind of makes me want to jump up and down haha bounce . But in Manpei's pictures, when I look in his eyes, I feel this total sense of calm, it's a completely tranquil feeling. It's strange, but maybe the twin's biggest difference is their eyes. Anyone else feel this way too?
    Ryu Rena
    Chairman of Picture Edits

Post by Ryu Rena on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 pm

SariLee wrote:And yes, their eyes are completely different! Looking in Shinpei's eyes, I get this really energetic feeling. It kind of makes me want to jump up and down haha bounce . But in Manpei's pictures, when I look in his eyes, I feel this total sense of calm, it's a completely tranquil feeling. It's strange, but maybe the twin's biggest difference is their eyes. Anyone else feel this way too?

I also have that feeling. Sometimes when they dress the same, all I have to do is look at their eyes and I can already tell, "oh, this is Shinpei, that's Manpei." Maybe it has something to do with the 'eyes is the windows to your soul' thing.

But at certain times, they'd look so identical...I had to stare at the picture for a good few minutes and STILL not be able to tell them apart. I feel like a total failure if that happens Onion OTL

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Darnit, why'd you have to go and say that. . .now I wanna see it for real!!!

Lol, it was just something that popped into my head all of a sudden. But I agree, what is wrong with people at Stardust Promotion? The twins are gaining popularity because of their acts as the Hitachiins and confession of their home practice. They should do M-rated photoshoots now!! Onion To Kill

Mrs.Takagi wrote:But yeah, I definitely don't know what that was all about. . .lol Although. . .this guy has a history of getting jealous of Manpei over the most trivial things. . .

Onion Laugh That is SO true. And also I noticed when they announced that Manpei won, he looked at Shin for a quick second, even though Shin hid his face in frustration. Once again, I can only guess what Shin's thinking, and it goes something like this, "Oh no, he won. Now girls are going to follow him everywhere and start asking whether he wants to marry them! We'll never have time alone again!!"

Yeah..I'd go with that. Onion Laugh
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Post by SariLee on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Ryu Rena wrote:

Lol, it was just something that popped into my head all of a sudden. But I agree, what is wrong with people at Stardust Promotion? The twins are gaining popularity because of their acts as the Hitachiins and confession of their home practice. They should do M-rated photoshoots now!! Onion To Kill

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I feel like if they were to do an M-rated photo shoot, their look of innocence would completely disappear. Maybe I'm just weird like that haha... Tamashrooms

Also! I made another blog illustration! For some reason, my scanner wouldn't let the "Shinpei's Blog" part show up at the top, no matter how many times I scanned and re-scanned! Aurg! *Kicks scanner* Anyway, enjoy! Onion Skipping

Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:35 am

SariLee wrote:

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I feel like if they were to do an M-rated photo shoot, their look of innocence would completely disappear. Maybe I'm just weird like that haha... Tamashrooms

Also! I made another blog illustration! For some reason, my scanner wouldn't let the "Shinpei's Blog" part show up at the top, no matter how many times I scanned and re-scanned! Aurg! *Kicks scanner* Anyway, enjoy! Onion Skipping

I totally agree with that statement SariLee. And yet somehow, I still have to wonder. . .how often do you find men in their mid-20's still trying to come off as being "pure and innocent"? Neutral
    (There's entertainers who try to get rid of that image as soon as they hit 18 and sometimes even before. . .)

I actually find it quite refreshing that they don't try to have an overly-sexual public image. To me they come off as being handsome, kinda pretty, and very stylish, and that's good enough for me Cool I'd still like to see an M-rated photoshoot, but if they never do one, I won't love them any less Hug

Oh, and another awesome job on the illustration!!! cheers

Your drawings are so cute and funny, I love 'em! ^_^

Hehehe, Manpei and is V-neck shirts. . . Smile

I've been thinking about our boys these past few days. . .I would do anything to put a smile on their faces right now. . .I can't wait to have my happy, smiling Twinpei's back again. . . :3 Nodding I'm sending them strength every minute.

Post by Ryu Rena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:04 am

I suppose you're right. Whether they want to do an M-rated photoshoot or not, Shinpei and Manpei will always be Shinpei and Manpei. Us fangirls will never stop loving them. Hug Plus, I don't want them to loose their innocence either, they're too cute that way. :3 Nodding

Awesome job on the drawing SariLee. Very Happy What will you be drawing next?
    SariLee
    Host Club Member

Post by SariLee on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:13 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    I totally agree with that statement SariLee. And yet somehow, I still have to wonder. . .how often do you find men in their mid-20's still trying to come off as being "pure and innocent"? Neutral
    (There's entertainers who try to get rid of that image as soon as they hit 18 and sometimes even before. . .)

I actually find it quite refreshing that they don't try to have an overly-sexual public image. To me they come off as being handsome, kinda pretty, and very stylish, and that's good enough for me Cool I'd still like to see an M-rated photoshoot, but if they never do one, I won't love them any less Hug

Oh, and another awesome job on the illustration!!! cheers

Your drawings are so cute and funny, I love 'em! ^_^

Hehehe, Manpei and is V-neck shirts. . . Smile

I've been thinking about our boys these past few days. . .I would do anything to put a smile on their faces right now. . .I can't wait to have my happy, smiling Twinpei's back again. . . :3 Nodding I'm sending them strength every minute.

I think sexual exploitation is a lot different in Japan. I mean, the US puts sex above everything else when it comes to advertising and TV nowadays, and it's actually really sad...I know the Japanese view sex a lot differently than Americans. Here, people try to stop being innocent as young as 10 freaking years old. I dunno, I think it's really refreshing to see grown men still acting pure and sweet. It certainly gives me hope for the world haha...yeah, that's my two cents on it... Onion Drinks Tea

Thanks for the compliment! I always do tend to draw Manpei in a plain white v-neck...I should work more on their style in my comics haha.

And I will gladly join forces with you to bring those boys back to their usual peppy selves! I'm sure they'll start feeling better soon...at least I hope so! If only those boys knew how much their fans have their back!
    Onion Love

@Ryu Rena, my boyfriend's actually working on something at my request (since I can't draw anything on the computer). It's a surprise, so you'll just have to wait! Onion Thumbs Up
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 am

SariLee wrote:

I think sexual exploitation is a lot different in Japan. I mean, the US puts sex above everything else when it comes to advertising and TV nowadays, and it's actually really sad...I know the Japanese view sex a lot differently than Americans. Here, people try to stop being innocent as young as 10 freaking years old. I dunno, I think it's really refreshing to see grown men still acting pure and sweet. It certainly gives me hope for the world haha...yeah, that's my two cents on it... Onion Drinks Tea

Thanks for the compliment! I always do tend to draw Manpei in a plain white v-neck...I should work more on their style in my comics haha.

And I will gladly join forces with you to bring those boys back to their usual peppy selves! I'm sure they'll start feeling better soon...at least I hope so! If only those boys knew how much their fans have their back!
    Onion Love

@Ryu Rena, my boyfriend's actually working on something at my request (since I can't draw anything on the computer). It's a surprise, so you'll just have to wait! Onion Thumbs Up

I had no idea that sexual exploitation in Japan was different compared to how it's done in the U.S.

I learn sumthin' new everyday!! Very Happy

I personally think the only way that their "pure and innocent" image would be bad is if they added onto it by acting overly kiddie and cutesy. I tend to see that a lot with Japanese women in the entertainment industry. . .
    Like that female host in the Ikemen Variety show. . .she was like, in her 30's still dressing and talking like a 16 year old. . .how silly is that?? Rolling Eyes
    (And what's worse is some people actually find that cute and entertaining!! Onion Anger I just really don't get it. . .)

Besides, it'd be really sad if Man and Shin had NO raw talent whatsoever and their only claim to fame was just being good looking. . .they'd never get taken seriously, you know?
    I love them for their personalities first, their acting skills second, and their physical features third. . . Onion Love

And I'm still not sure on how they do it, but they do a fantastic job of balancing a playful and down-to-earth image while being masculine and mature at the same time.
    Like when they speak. . .I still can't believe that such manly voices can come out of such cute and youthful faces Wooby Onion Eyes
    WE MUST LEARN THEIR SECRET!!

Having that image also helps keep them out of trouble too. . .in the U.S., I can think of very few entertainers who haven't been involved in at least ONE scandal. The twins seem too modest and humble to get themselves into any real trouble: they get up, go to work, maybe hang out with friends, come home and. . .(well, who knows what trouble they get into at home Cunning Onion ), but you get the idea.
    Other than maybe getting in trouble for too much Public Displays of Affection, I can't picture either one of them getting into any real scandals.

I appreciate the fact that they rely somewhat on us (their fans and supporters) as well; that's another thing that I rarely see with American entertainers, especially on such a personal level. I mean they write their blogs like they're talking to old friends, not to hundreds of thousands of people (whom I'm asuming are mostly females) they've never even seen before. They don't come off as being "untouchable". They express their appreciation any chance they get and sometimes even ask for opinions or criticism on their performances.

Wow. . .I just realized something. . .I kind of look up to Manpei and Shinpei as role models. . . Onion :3 Sigh

Anywho, enough of my rambling. . . .I'm looking foward to this "surprise" you have coming up SariLee. If it's a surprise, it's gotta be pretty damn good, ne? Surprised

Post by SariLee on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    SariLee wrote:

Onion Love

I had no idea that sexual exploitation in Japan was different compared to how it's done in the U.S.

I personally think the only way that their "pure and innocent" image would be bad is if they added onto it by acting overly kiddie and cutesy. I tend to see that a lot with Japanese women in the entertainment industry. . .
    Like that female host in the Ikemen Variety show. . .she was like, in her 30's still dressing and talking like a 16 year old. . .how silly is that?? Rolling Eyes
    (And what's worse is some people actually find that cute and entertaining!! Onion Anger I just really don't get it. . .)

Besides, it'd be really sad if Man and Shin had NO raw talent whatsoever and their only claim to fame was just being good looking. . .they'd never get taken seriously, you know?
    I love them for their personalities first, their acting skills second, and their physical features third. . . Onion Love

And I'm still not sure on how they do it, but they do a fantastic job of balancing a playful and down-to-earth image while being masculine and mature at the same time.
    Like when they speak. . .I still can't believe that such manly voices can come out of such cute and youthful faces Wooby Onion Eyes

Having that image also helps keep them out of trouble too. . .in the U.S., I can think of very few entertainers who haven't been involved in at least ONE scandal. The twins seem too modest and humble to get themselves into any real trouble: they get up, go to work, maybe hang out with friends, come home and. . .(well, who knows what trouble they get into at home Cunning Onion ), but you get the idea.
    Other than maybe getting in trouble for too much Public Displays of Affection, I can't picture either one of them getting into any real scandals.

I appreciate the fact that they rely somewhat on us (their fans and supporters) as well; that's another thing that I rarely see with American entertainers, especially on such a personal level. I mean they write their blogs like they're talking to old friends, not to hundreds of thousands of people (whom I'm asuming are mostly females) they've never even seen before. They don't come off as being "untouchable". They express their appreciation any chance they get and sometimes even ask for opinions or criticism on their performances.

Wow. . .I just realized something. . .I kind of look up to Manpei and Shinpei as role models. . . Onion :3 Sigh

Anywho, enough of my rambling. . . .I'm looking foward to this "surprise" you have coming up SariLee. If it's a surprise, it's gotta be pretty damn good, ne? Surprised

I have no idea how Manpei and Shinpei pull off their innocent/down to earth/cool/humble act, but I must know their ways!!! There's one thing I know for sure about the twins: if I wanted to have a serious, down-to-earth conversation and wanted some advice sprinkled in as well, I'd go to Manpei without a doubt. If I wanted to have a good time, hang out, maybe go to an amusement park or something exciting like that, I'd go to Shinpei. I don't know about you guys, but that's just how they come off to me.

And it's so true about American celebrities. They get so full of themselves that they forget that it's the fans who got them there. I have a feeling if the twins met someone like Snooki, they'd be disgusted. Not to mention, so many American celebrities suffer from depression and high anxiety due to the constant strain put on them by the paparazzi. Apparently, the suicide rate in American celebrities is really high too. Also, American celebrities tend to abuse drugs and develop eating disorders really easily (just look at Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins!). I honestly can't see anything like that happening to our boys. I'm not saying that that doesn't ever happen to Japanese celebrities, because I'm sure it does, but it doesn't seem to be happening as much.

I feel like the Japanese aren't under the kind of pressure American's are to be "perfect" and "skinny", and I don't think the paparazzi are all over them like they are over American celebrities. Somehow, I feel like being a Japanese celebrity would be a lot easier than being an American one...okay, I'm done with that novel.

I agree with your order of "like" for the twins, Mrs. Takagi! I first saw the boys in Ouran and my first thought was "Wow! They're really great actors! They slip into the role so well!". Of course my second thought was, "Damn they're hot! Onion Love Eyes "........eh, it happens. But I definitely appreciate them for their skill rather than their looks. They have natural talent, anyone can see that, and it's really refreshing that they don't stress over their appearance or anything like that.They also seem like the type to never forget that it's the fans who got them where they are. I feel like they really appreciate all of the their fans. The same certainly can't be said for any American celebrities...

Okay, I'm done with my novel now, I swear. Onion :3 Sigh
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:28 am

SariLee wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    SariLee wrote:

Onion Love

I have no idea how Manpei and Shinpei pull off their innocent/down to earth/cool/humble act, but I must know their ways!!! There's one thing I know for sure about the twins: if I wanted to have a serious, down-to-earth conversation and wanted some advice sprinkled in as well, I'd go to Manpei without a doubt. If I wanted to have a good time, hang out, maybe go to an amusement park or something exciting like that, I'd go to Shinpei. I don't know about you guys, but that's just how they come off to me.

And it's so true about American celebrities. They get so full of themselves that they forget that it's the fans who got them there. I have a feeling if the twins met someone like Snooki, they'd be disgusted. Not to mention, so many American celebrities suffer from depression and high anxiety due to the constant strain put on them by the paparazzi. Apparently, the suicide rate in American celebrities is really high too. Also, American celebrities tend to abuse drugs and develop eating disorders really easily (just look at Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins!). I honestly can't see anything like that happening to our boys. I'm not saying that that doesn't ever happen to Japanese celebrities, because I'm sure it does, but it doesn't seem to be happening as much.

I feel like the Japanese aren't under the kind of pressure American's are to be "perfect" and "skinny", and I don't think the paparazzi are all over them like they are over American celebrities. Somehow, I feel like being a Japanese celebrity would be a lot easier than being an American one...okay, I'm done with that novel.

I agree with your order of "like" for the twins, Mrs. Takagi! I first saw the boys in Ouran and my first thought was "Wow! They're really great actors! They slip into the role so well!". Of course my second thought was, "Damn they're hot! Onion Love Eyes "........eh, it happens. But I definitely appreciate them for their skill rather than their looks. They have natural talent, anyone can see that, and it's really refreshing that they don't stress over their appearance or anything like that.They also seem like the type to never forget that it's the fans who got them where they are. I feel like they really appreciate all of the their fans. The same certainly can't be said for any American celebrities...

Okay, I'm done with my novel now, I swear. Onion :3 Sigh

Onion Breeze I'm just a 16-year-old in a circle of ladies who understood the Takagi twins very much, and half the time, I have no idea what you ladies said, so I apologize. Onion Bows

I wouldn't even know about these two until my friend said that Ouran will be made a drama. That's where I started to go all insane on our two boys and found this thread. I admire their acting skills, and was surprised to find out that they're 10 years older than me but manage to pull off a 16-year-old act nicely.

And I agree with you there SariLee-senpai, American celebrities use drugs, alcohol and develop eating disorders easily. That's why they don't have that youthful look even though they're 30, instead they look older than their age.

Whereas Japanese actors look so young for someone aged 30+, they're so spirited, energetic and so friggin' youthful!! Maybe there's something in Japanese dietary that makes them so youthful. All those protein HAS to do something right? All I know, Japanese don't eat a lot of meat, mainly seafood and carbs, and they still exercise. I guess that's their secret.

I'd better start living like them too, I want to look young even after I'm married. Very Happy

Sidebar: Can I add -senpai to the end of your names? I think I'm the youngest here so I don't feel right calling you so informally. Wooby Onion Eyes
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:24 am

SariLee wrote:

Wow!! You're absolutely right, SariLee! I feel the same way about them too!! Very Happy

Seriously, if you put the two of their personalities together. . .you'd come up with the perfect man!!
    (But, I'd never want that though. . .part of their charm is the fact that they both have strengths as well as weaknesses.)

And I've also noticed that the paparazzi in Japan isn't as pushy as they are in the U.S.
    I really don't know exactly how famous the twins are in Japan (they'll probably get more popular now that people have seen them in Ouran) but I've never seen a single picture taken of them, where they weren't aware that the camera was on them.
    So basically no "fancams" or candid photos or videos of them going about their daily business. I'm especially surprised to hear that since they take the train to work quite often, and they don't really mention people recognizing them when they're out in public.
    I'd imagine that they get lots of attention simply for being twins though. . .lol

But I like the fact that they don't constantly have camera following them or "groupies" tracking their every move (I mean, besides us here of course Onion Laugh )

I can only think of ONE American entertainer off the top of my head, who always showed love and appreciation towards his fans: Michael Jackson *may he rest in peace*
    Naturally he was famous long before the invention of blogs and all that, but I've seen countless video footage of him just letting fans run up to him and hug him and not let go, usually his body guards were the ones to pull the fans off him, not MJ himself. If a fan told him "I love you" he'd reply with "I love you more". I don't know of any other celebrity who would say that. . .and actually mean it Onion Love

Ryu Rena wrote:I wouldn't even know about these two until my friend said that Ouran will be made a drama. That's where I started to go all insane on our two boys and found this thread. I admire their acting skills, and was surprised to find out that they're 10 years older than me but manage to pull off a 16-year-old act nicely.

I'm in the same boat as you. It's funny. . .but I actually first started watching the actual Ouran anime, just this past spring. Then a few months later I found out that they were making it into a live action and I was so happy. And when looking at pictures of the selected cast members, I'll never forget seeing Man and Shin's faces for the first time and thinking "Awwww, they're so adorable, they'll make a perfect Hikaru and Kaoru!!"
    Wooby Onion Eyes

It's no secret that adults are often chosen to play the role of teenagers, but even though they're great actors, while watching them play Hikaru and Kaoru, sometimes I don't get the feeling that the twins are even acting. . .to me they appear to be just exaggerating their own natural personalities for the camera LOL

And you're totally right about the Japanese diet, that has to be probably one of the top reasons why they stay looking so youthful and fit. . .not to mention in the news lately, everytime they discover 'The World's Oldest Person' it's almost always a Japanese person. . .and the person is like 110 years old Onion Sweat !!

I've been deeply considering changing my food intake to a more "Eastern-style" diet. I already love rice and noodles so I have that covered Onion Thumbs Up I love fruits but I really don't like vegatables that much. . .and don't even get me started on my weakness for sweets. . . Onion Cursed/Down I don't eat a lot of red meat, mostly chicken and seafood. People tell me I look younger than what I really am (but not a whole decade younger like the twins. . .that would mean I'd look 11 years old. . . Rolling Eyes )

I want to look as young as I can for as long as I can, and ALWAYS stay young at heart! Smile

Ryu Rena wrote:Sidebar: Can I add -senpai to the end of your names? I think I'm the youngest here so I don't feel right calling you so informally

Hehe, that's so cute ^_^ But sure you can call me 'senpai' if you like, but you certainly don't have to. . . and "Taka-chan" sounds so much less formal, don't you think? Wink

[Sidebar: this is just another random thought I had after I sent my last post. . I was wondering about any possible gf's Man and Shin may have had in the past. . .and because we don't know too much about their experience in the "romance department", but I just couldn't help but wonder. . .*takes a deep breath* Which twin is the better kisser??* silent

*awkward silence*

Post by Minzgruen on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 am

Shinpei's blog almost made me cry ): But I feel his strength through his words and I know they will get over it and will smile again (: They are admirable, strong persons! I remember I cried my heart out, when my grandma died. And the lyrics of the song, that was played, keep stuck in my head. It was something like "Keep believing in love and trust into luck." It was like my grandma wanted me to remember this my whole life. And that was kinda comforting me.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:'d still like to see an M-rated photoshoot, but if they never do one, I won't love them any less

Yeah, agree with that. Of COURSE, we all would going insane (not to mention the huge loss of blood! Onion Nosebleed )! But it's really okay, if they never do something like that. I'm fine with it, too, since I enjoy everything they do. Acts, simple photos, their blogs... And I demand, that they do the photoshoot together! ( Onion Nosebleed ) Uhm, because I actually don't like their bodies soooooooooo much (I prefer Daito's *-*)... I don't care.

They are adorable, anyway <3

SariLee wrote:I think sexual exploitation is a lot different in Japan. I mean, the US puts sex above everything else when it comes to advertising and TV nowadays, and it's actually really sad...I know the Japanese view sex a lot differently than Americans. Here, people try to stop being innocent as young as 10 freaking years old. I dunno, I think it's really refreshing to see grown men still acting pure and sweet.

Yup, you're right! Japan is actually really uptight. I remember an advertisement-campaign with Heidi Klum. It was just a simple poster. Perhaps she showed a little bit skin. But nothing really fatally. We all - in America and Europe - would think, that this wouldn't be a big deal. But it almost became a big scandal! They even took down the posters.

Hmm, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

It's weird to speak of the twins as "men", because... I don't think of them as men. They look so youthful and... like teenager. Not even older than me. But it's not bad, is it? As you all said: it's refreshing. I like the way they are and I hope they will always remain true to themselves.

They are an extinct species, haha! Show me one European/American man like that.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:WE MUST LEARN THEIR SECRET!!

Actually, I'm wondering about something like that at the moment, too. "The Voice Of Germany" is airing these days and one of the coaches is Nena. Do you all remember "99 red ballons/99 Luftballons"? She looks sooooooooooo young! I don't get it. She's as old as my mom! 51! And she looks younger more than ever. And I know, she's such a beautiful, calm and good person.

Click here.

I don't get it ._.

SariLee wrote:if I wanted to have a serious, down-to-earth conversation and wanted some advice sprinkled in as well, I'd go to Manpei without a doubt. If I wanted to have a good time, hang out, maybe go to an amusement park or something exciting like that, I'd go to Shinpei. I don't know about you guys, but that's just how they come off to me.

Hahaha, that's a good point! I'd agree with that. It's like the other actors described them. "Shinpei is really sociable". I also think, he is the fun type, while with Manpei, you sure can have a good time. He would always listen to you.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:I feel like the Japanese aren't under the kind of pressure American's are to be "perfect" and "skinny", and I don't think the paparazzi are all over them like they are over American celebrities.

Hmm, I don't know. You have to look good, when you want to be famous. That's it. You also have to have good skills, but that's not all in Japan. Girls have to look "cute", while boys have to have a kind face. That's more important than a well-trained body, I think (except for Yusuke, they don't seem to undress themselves easily, so that doesn't matter so much xD').

Japan's producers/managers/whatever market their actors very well and they know that. It works, just like this (actually very awful, these days) Disney-company. They have to look good, can dance/sing/act. That's probably all about it.

Remember? The twins said, they were models, at first. It's a lot easier that way, when you're "already" beautiful. But I guess, it's everywhere the same.

But i do admire their actor skills as well, of course! It's good, though, that they had a chance to show their talents, because of their look, which is our advantage (:
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:It's funny. . .but I actually first started watching the actual Ouran anime, just this past spring

I watched the anime somewhere at the end of last year and moved on to read the manga. I thought that was it, until my friend literally ran up to me at school and started shrieking "Ouran's gonna be made a drama!! Can you believe that?! And the actors are so HOT!!"

And she was right. The moment I saw the twins, my breath got caught in my throat and created a picture file specially for them (before I know this thread, there were only 1 or 2, but now... :3 Nodding )

I live in south-east Asia, so our main diet is rice. But people here also enjoy meat and beef, they don't really prefer seafood. I'm starting to concern over people nowadays. Asian people are known to have smaller frame than Western people but I noticed that during my school's physical exam, my waist is 23.2" while my hip is 30.2", and I'm 5'3" (I just have a rather slimmer built). But the rest of my girl friends, some of them are the same built as me but some...not so much. Every year I notice most of them gain considerable weight (I have rather good metabolism, I gain 0.5 or 1 kg per year) and I wonder, is the world's top priority now is food next to money? All in all, I salute the Japanese. That's why now I reduce my intake of meat and more on seafood.

I also don't prefer vegetables..and fruits, but I'm learning slowly. And I'm glad I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Wonder if we could send a cake to Shinpei and Manpei next year for their birthday. Cunnin Onion Idea Who here lives in Japan, currently?

Mrs.Takagi wrote:Sidebar: this is just another random thought I had after I sent my last post. . I was wondering about any possible gf's Man and Shin may have had in the past. . .and because we don't know too much about their experience in the "romance department", but I just couldn't help but wonder. . .*takes a deep breath* Which twin is the better kisser??*

I think Shinpei, because of those luscious, adorable, pouty, full, hot, SMEXY lips!! Onion Blush Manpei's probably calmer and gentler. Wait..don't mention any possible gf's they've had!! It hurts my heart!! Onion Anger Rain on My Parade
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:43 am

Just out of curiousity Ryu Rena, where exactly are you from? Very Happy

Ryu Rena wrote:

Wonder if we could send a cake to Shinpei and Manpei next year for their birthday. Cunnin Onion Idea Who here lives in Japan, currently?

That'd be cool if someone living in/near Japan could send Man and Shin a cake for their birthday next year, and then maybe sign it 'From your fans' and maybe come up with a nickname for ourselves, so they'll know we come from different countries, y'know?

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Ryu Rena wrote:Sidebar: this is just another random thought I had after I sent my last post. . I was wondering about any possible gf's Man and Shin may have had in the past. . .and because we don't know too much about their experience in the "romance department", but I just couldn't help but wonder. . .*takes a deep breath* Which twin is the better kisser??*

I think Shinpei, because of those luscious, adorable, pouty, full, hot, SMEXY lips!! Onion Blush Manpei's probably calmer and gentler. Wait..don't mention any possible gf's they've had!! It hurts my heart!! Onion Anger Rain on My Parade

LOL Oh my gosh, that's so crazy. . .I was thinking the exact same thing!! Onion XD

Not only just because Shinpei has the fuller lips, but he seems to me like he'd be more. . .*dare I say it* "aggressive"? Onion Nosebleed

Spoiler:

Man of course seems like he'd be more gentle and passionate Onion Daydreaming

I guess it just depends on what type of kiss you prefer lol

I was just wondering at the possiblity that in the future, they may play roles that call for them to actually do an on-screen kiss. . .and I for one love the fact that kisses between people in Asian dramas aren't as nasty and gross as they are on American TV shows. . . Mad

I won't even watch American or European romantic comedies, because I know that at any point, two people are going to share a kiss that will make me want to gouge out my eyes and puncture my ear drums. . . Onion Anger

Ryu Rena wrote:Wait..don't mention any possible gf's they've had!! It hurts my heart!!

You are absolutely right, I apologize for any heartache I may have caused you. Onion Bows But trust me, it hurts me just as well to even think about the twins dating anyone except each other.

But I really can't tell with these two. . .I mean they've been working professionally since around 2005-2006 right? It seems to me like they're really focused on their careers, to the point that they may not even have the time (or engery) to date. Not to mention, if they're almost always together AND they're living together. . .I'm sure bringing dates home would be quite complicated lol I've heard that more young people in Japan are choosing to be single/not marry, so that might be our answer right there.
    Plus, as Jade-sama mentioned in a post a few months ago. . .the dating scene in Japan is really different compared to in America and Europe. I only recall one time Manpei mentioning going on a double-date with Shinpei (but apparently Man broke that off. . .and his reason just made me laugh out loud) And he and Shin have both said that they've never given a girl flowers before either. . .

I'm 21 and I've never dated a guy before either;partically by chance, partially by choice, and it really doesn't bother me that much (Actually sometimes I find it quite liberating! Onion Skipping ). . .Man and Shin just might be comfortable not dating either. . .meh, who knows? Onion Wipes Sweat, h

Minzgruen wrote:And I demand, that they do the photoshoot together! ( ) Uhm, because I actually don't like their bodies soooooooooo much (I prefer Daito's *-*)... I don't care.

They are adorable, anyway <3

Okay, so I literally had to stop and laugh at this comment hysterically for about 30 whole seconds. . Onion Laugh
    I love how you're so honest! LOL
    But I also laughed because I kind of agree, it's not that I totally dislike their figures. . .and even though I love Man and Shin perfectly just the way they are. . . . THEY'RE JUST SO DARN PETITE!! Onion T_T Don\'t Go
    They remind me of this male buddy I had back in high school. He was about the same build as the twins. . .tall, around 5"8', and quite thin. I didn't get to see him all the time, but when I did, he'd give me this big hug, and I remember I could've sworn my arms wrapped around him twice because he was just so small Shocked

Guys with Daito's build are definitely more up my alley as well ^_^ But you never know, Man and Shin's physique could change in the future. . .maybe they decide to bulk up or as they get older, their metabolism might slow down and they may put on a few pounds.

But like I said, I don't care either way. As long as they're healthy and happy, then I'm happy Surprised

Post by Ryu Rena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:19 am

I'm just from this small country named Malaysia. It's just next to Indonesia and Singapore.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:I won't even watch American or European romantic comedies, because I know that at any point, two people are going to share a kiss that will make me want to gouge out my eyes and puncture my ear drums. . .

I know what you mean... That's why I don't follow Twilight (sorry for the Twilight fans out there) because there are scenes that makes me want to close my eyes and start singing at the top of my lungs just to drown the noise, and I don't care if I'm in the cinemas.

Mrs.Takagi wrote:But trust me, it hurts me just as well to even think about the twins dating anyone except each other.

Onion Laugh They belong with each other and no one else! I also remember the double-date the twins had, and also one time when Manpei's gf mistook Shinpei as Manpei and hugged him, Man saw and went 'what're you doing?'. I don't know what happened after that though.

But Man-chan, Shin-chan, please just marry each other, incest is allowed in Japan you're still rather young, have fun with being single first and THEN marry each other. Onion Whistle

They already have LOVE for a child and each other as LOVE's parents, that should be more than enough. Onion Thumbs Up

Let's allow our imagination to wander, shall we? Manpei cleaning the house, LOVE sleeping in his little basket bed, Shinpei wearing an apron and cooking away in the kitchen, Shinpei spoon-feeding Manpei , they both spoon-feeding LOVE, they both cuddle LOVE, and they cuddle with each other as they watch LOVE playing around their feet chasing after his toys, singing a lullaby to LOVE...

WHAT PERFECT ATMOSPHERE!! Onion Daydreaming Onion Skipping
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:00 am

OMG IT'S FRIDAY AND I HAVE SOME FREE TIME!! Here's a novel post to catch me up on... this last page of chatting Onion Wipes Sweat, h Now that I see how much time that took, I'm not going to reply to anything further back Dead Onion Sorry. LOL.

SariLee wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely how they come off... but I think Shinpei's down-to-earth and serious side is getting horribly overlooked because of this image. He's definitely super energetic and bubbly, but let's not forget that Shinpei is a person, and he probably has very many facets to his personality, including the ability to give wonderful advice and have a serious conversation. I think he has a much deeper personality than it seems. On the other hand, Manpei's playful and bubbly side gets overlooked as well. It comes out a lot more when he's with Shin, but I think once Man gets comfortable with a person, he's likely just as bubbly and talkative as Shin! I'm sure this is right because I'm also very much like Manpei, quiet and reserved and serious to most people... but I LOVE to play and get childish and bubbly with friends and those people I know and trust.

SariLee wrote:Not to mention, so many American celebrities suffer from depression and high anxiety due to the constant strain put on them by the paparazzi. Apparently, the suicide rate in American celebrities is really high too. Also, American celebrities tend to abuse drugs and develop eating disorders really easily (just look at Lindsay Lohan and the Olsen twins!). I honestly can't see anything like that happening to our boys. I'm not saying that that doesn't ever happen to Japanese celebrities, because I'm sure it does, but it doesn't seem to be happening as much.

I feel like the Japanese aren't under the kind of pressure American's are to be "perfect" and "skinny", and I don't think the paparazzi are all over them like they are over American celebrities. Somehow, I feel like being a Japanese celebrity would be a lot easier than being an American one...

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    And I've also noticed that the paparazzi in Japan isn't as pushy as they are in the U.S.
    I really don't know exactly how famous the twins are in Japan (they'll probably get more popular now that people have seen them in Ouran) but I've never seen a single picture taken of them, where they weren't aware that the camera was on them.
    So basically no "fancams" or candid photos or videos of them going about their daily business. I'm especially surprised to hear that since they take the train to work quite often, and they don't really mention people recognizing them when they're out in public.

I really hate to say this (and I'm not being mean, I swear) but that image is mostly all fantasy... Mrs.Takagi, you noticed that lack of "off-shot unexpected" pictures, too! The Japanese paparazzi IS much easier on Japanese celebrities, but that's because in Japan, images of celebrities are often copyrighted, and therefore pictures cannot be taken without the managing company's consent. If they are, the person taking the picture can be sued. That's why I can't even get pictures or movies from their cell phone sites off my phone. EVERYTHING (at least, everything officially from their company) is copyrighted and digitally locked. Some companies are more strict about it than others. Anyway, the "sneak attack" paparazzi shots aren't done as much, though they do happen sometimes. But I know of many Jrock sites that were shut down for posting pictures of bands without the consent of them or PSC Company, who are CRAZY strict about it... Onion Breeze

And while the suicide rate among American celebrities is high, the suicide rate among Japanese people in general is outrageous. The suicide rate in Japan is one of the highest in the entire WORLD (in 2006, they ranked #9). The reason for this is unemployment, depression... and social pressure. One of those social pressures is appearance. The pressure Japanese are under to be skinny is something you can't even begin to imagine until you see it first-hand. Which seems crazy as hell because they're mostly all skinny anyway! But many times, both women AND MEN aren't considered "thin and beautiful" unless they basically cross the border into being underweight. There are so many anorexic women that I've seen with my own eyes. They'll be so skinny their legs are shaking as they walk because they don't have enough muscle mass to hold themselves up... and no one around them pays it any attention. It's disturbing. But it SEEMS like eating disorders aren't a problem over here because to the Japanese, they're just "dieting". Even Shinpei WENT ON A DIET to play Hikaru... and we all know how thin he is!! Men dieting in Japan is so common... it shocked me when I got here and saw it.

The drug thing is true, though. There are few drug users in Japan. They're an island so it's hard to sneak in anyway... and their drug laws are STRICT. Marijuana is treated the same as heroin or any other hard drug. You pay lots of money and go to prison for a VERY long time if you're caught (@_@) There are definitely druggies here, but not as common (and all the drugs are supplied by the yakuza which, to me, makes the idea of buying drugs 10x scarier!)

All that being said... Onion Wipes Sweat, h ...I think you're right that our boys won't ever fall into any of those problems!! Shin may have dieted, but at least he knew when to stop (^^')

Ryu Rena wrote:
    Sidebar: Can I add -senpai to the end of your names? I think I'm the youngest here so I don't feel right calling you so informally. Wooby Onion Eyes

No! LOL~ I don't mind being called informally... I'm American! I'm not used to all this "rank" stuff (^^') But no matter how hard I try, you lovely ladies keep calling me "Jade-sama" anyway Onion XD

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    [Sidebar: this is just another random thought I had after I sent my last post. . I was wondering about any possible gf's Man and Shin may have had in the past. . .and because we don't know too much about their experience in the "romance department", but I just couldn't help but wonder. . .*takes a deep breath* Which twin is the better kisser??* silent

Shin. Because he's so physically affectionate, and after seeing his "marriage proposal" and many backstage shots, we know he's touchy-feely with more people than just Man-chan! So I bet he'd be a natural at kissing... just another extension of his physical affection! Gleaming Onion Eyes

Minzgruen wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:WE MUST LEARN THEIR SECRET!!

Actually, I'm wondering about something like that at the moment, too. "The Voice Of Germany" is airing these days and one of the coaches is Nena. Do you all remember "99 red ballons/99 Luftballons"? She looks sooooooooooo young! I don't get it. She's as old as my mom! 51! And she looks younger more than ever. And I know, she's such a beautiful, calm and good person. I don't get it ._.

I think the Japanese diet is the main reason they look so young~ they eat mostly fish and other seafood with rice. Their veggies are usually pickled or they eat seaweed which is LOADED with vitamins :3 Nodding But anyone that eats many fruits and veggies will look healthier and younger... as well as being conservative with red meat. They stay younger looking and healthier, too. I'm lucky because I love both fruits and veggies so it makes it easy for me. But the red meat thing is a shame, because I also really LOVE steak~ Razz I don't eat it often, though! Especially here in Japan, I often eat fish or chicken. At home when I cook, I don't often eat meat at all.

Of course exercise is also a huge part of looking healthy. It does more than keep you in shape... it really keeps all of you looking and feeling better. Water is also important. If you're dehydrated (which many people are) then your skin will show it. Our bodies are mostly water, so it's no wonder that if you don't drink enough water, your body deteriorates.

Lastly, GENETICS!! The Japanese have some good genes :p Likely, so does Nena. And not only genes that help you stay younger looking, but skin type: people with oily skin will notoriously stay younger looking their whole lives. This is because the skin produces so much oil that it's constantly hydrated, preventing wrinkles from forming and keeping the skin elastic. As much as I've hated my oily skin for the acne I fight with (even now, at 27!!) I still look 18-20. My mom, who is 52, also has oily skin... and also looks quite a bit younger than her age! I'm hoping I follow my mom's lead~ Onion Whistle

Ryu Rena wrote:
    Mrs.Takagi wrote:I won't even watch American or European romantic comedies, because I know that at any point, two people are going to share a kiss that will make me want to gouge out my eyes and puncture my ear drums. . .

I know what you mean... That's why I don't follow Twilight (sorry for the Twilight fans out there) because there are scenes that makes me want to close my eyes and start singing at the top of my lungs just to drown the noise, and I don't care if I'm in the cinemas.

SAME HERE. I really hate romantic comedies... not only for the kiss but... it's just... ugh. The entire thing is painful to watch! I watch Twilight because it has vampires. Stupid, painful, whiny vampires I think are ugly... but I'm kind of a vampire fanatic, and I watch everything vampire, even if it's horrible and bad. So I watch Twilight with my mom or friend (who also adore everything vampire)... and we make fun of how stupid it is together Razz (oh, yeah... sorry Twilight fans >.<)

Ryu Rena wrote:
    But Man-chan, Shin-chan, please just marry each other, incest is allowed in Japan you're still rather young, have fun with being single first and THEN marry each other. Onion Whistle

They already have LOVE for a child and each other as LOVE's parents, that should be more than enough. Onion Thumbs Up

Let's allow our imagination to wander, shall we? Manpei cleaning the house, LOVE sleeping in his little basket bed, Shinpei wearing an apron and cooking away in the kitchen, Shinpei spoon-feeding Manpei , they both spoon-feeding LOVE, they both cuddle LOVE, and they cuddle with each other as they watch LOVE playing around their feet chasing after his toys, singing a lullaby to LOVE...

Onion XD Onion Love Eyes I can't stop laughing... and yet it IS such a perfect scene Onion Daydreaming We can all hope...

Host Club Member

Post by SariLee on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:39 pm

Wow, I've missed a LOT since I went to sleep, so I'm starting here...

jade wrote:

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

Shin. Because he's so physically affectionate, and after seeing his "marriage proposal" and many backstage shots, we know he's touchy-feely with more people than just Man-chan! So I bet he'd be a natural at kissing... just another extension of his physical affection! Gleaming Onion Eyes

I agree, I think Shin would be the better kisser. He's always come off that way to me, I don't know why haha. And maybe it's just my American mind thinking, but I can't help but wonder if they're virgins...I mean, look! They're so sweet! Onion Starry Eyes

I knew that the general suicide rate in Japan was really high. From what I've heard, it's because they are such a strict society...but I could be wrong here. I didn't know that Japanese celebrities are, in a way, "copyrighted" so they can't be photographed by paparazzi. That's news to me! I would assume that that alone would take off some of the pressure.

@Mrs. Takagi, you're right about MJ. He was genuinely kind to his fans. America needs more people like him. Another American celebrity who's stayed out of trouble is Raven Symone. I've always been a huge fan of her because she also seems really genuine, and when she was with Disney, she focused on real life problems in her show. I remember one episode where she wanted to model a dress she had made, but the modeling agency wouldn't let her because she was "plus-sized". That episode was really inspiring to me. I don't know, I've just always looked up to her haha.

Okay, now for the surprise! I wasn't expecting my boyfriend to get this done as fast as he did...so he really shocked me when he said "Done! Onion Thumbs Up " I hope you guys are familiar with the "grab my" meme floating around the internet, if not, it doesn't really matter. Also, I tried and tried to this one myself, but I just couldn't get it right... Onion OTL . So I begged him to do this...enjoy!!

Cracks me up every time... Apparently, I owe him big time for this Onion Love
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:49 pm

SariLee wrote:

I agree, I think Shin would be the better kisser. He's always come off that way to me, I don't know why haha.

Looks like there's a lot of votes in Shin's favor. . .lol I've only ever seen him affectionate with Manpei and other men though . . .but still, the idea of having a sweet, overly affectionate bf like him makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Onion Daydreaming

SariLee wrote: And maybe it's just my American mind thinking, but I can't help but wonder if they're virgins...I mean, look! They're so sweet! Onion Starry Eyes

Spoiler:
    SariLee, I've been asking that same question to myself for the past 3 and a half months. . .and I feel so dirty about it too! Onion OTL Like I keep trying to tell myself "Don't go there. . .Do NOT go there. . .it's none of your beeswax. . ." But like you said, they're just so sweet not to mention attractive. . .and with them being 26, a girl just can't help but wonder, y'know? Gleaming Onion Eyes

SariLee wrote:Another American celebrity who's stayed out of trouble is Raven Symone. I've always been a huge fan of her because she also seems really genuine, and when she was with Disney, she focused on real life problems in her show. I remember one episode where she wanted to model a dress she had made, but the modeling agency wouldn't let her because she was "plus-sized". That episode was really inspiring to me. I don't know, I've just always looked up to her haha.

That's a very good example!! Raven Symone has managed to keep her name relevant without ending up in some scandal. I really respect celebrities who can do that, it shows a lot of modesty and self-respect. Onion Thumbs Up

SariLee wrote:

Cracks me up every time... Apparently, I owe him big time for this Onion Love

LOL I LOVE IT!!! Onion Laugh

Manpei: The Yogurt Thief Ninja (and then the octopus rice thief. . .I wonder just how much of Shinpei's food he's swiped over the years. . .?)

Ryu Rena wrote:But Man-chan, Shin-chan, please just marry each other, incest is allowed in Japan you're still rather young, have fun with being single first and THEN marry each other.

They already have LOVE for a child and each other as LOVE's parents, that should be more than enough.

Oooooh. . .it sounds so perfect in every way!!! Onion Love Eyes I'm sure that that's how it's really been for them for the past 2-3 years. If they just spent the rest of their lives together like this. . .(maybe even adopt a few more "kids"), I would be SOOOO happy Wooby Onion Eyes

Post by SariLee on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

I swear, every time I see this dog, my life just gets ten times better! How on earth did they manage to find a dog that's So. Freaking. Cute?! Also, I always wondered, is his name actually "Love" in English, or is it the Japanese word for love?

...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders about their *ahem* purity. I guess it can't be helped. I REGRET NOTHING
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

SariLee wrote:

I swear, every time I see this dog, my life just gets ten times better! How on earth did they manage to find a dog that's So. Freaking. Cute?! Also, I always wondered, is his name actually "Love" in English, or is it the Japanese word for love?

...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who wonders about their *ahem* purity. I guess it can't be helped. I REGRET NOTHING

Oh yeah, Love-kun is definitely a hot dog! (no pun intended) I perfer big dogs myself but how can you pass up a little cutie like that? Wooby Onion Eyes

It kills me how Man and Shin actually buy clothes for Love too. . .(based on all the picture of him I found, I counted around 5 or 6 outfits already. . . Rolling Eyes )
    But then again, Man and Shin always go out in style, so I guess the same goes for their son too!! Onion Thumbs Up

BTW, how awesome would that be if the twins adopted a female dog so Love-kun could have a "younger sister"? Razz

I think the dogs name is really "Love". When I read someone elses translations for Man and Shin's blogs, Love's name was written as "Rabu" (which is I guess how you would pronounce 'Love' with a Japanese accent.)
    According to the twins, they wanted their puppy to "be loved by everyone" hence his name.

I can't tell who's cuter, the dog or his parents!! cheers
    -----------------------------

Oh yeah, I found this on the twins' tumblr page, I'm not sure how many of you have seen it already, but here it goes:

万平心平に私たちの気持ちを届けよう!! (Let’s send words of encouragement to Manpei & Shinpei)

After I posted the translation there was a lot of reactions and some messages of condolences.

My friend maido-ari came up with the idea that we should collect these messages and send them to Manpei & Shinpei.

We will translate them and post them under the original message.

Please send your messages to: futagoefutagoyori@gmail.com

Deadline: December 31st, 2011

Please include
    Name (nickname is okay)

Country (if you like)

Please write in English

If you would like to write in your own language, please also send us an English version so that we can understand it.

* this is meant as messages of condolences, so no “I love you” messages please

I gave it some thought, and I think I'm going to send in my own personal message of condolences to our boys. I think they'd be really moved and healed if they received some encouraging messages from their fans at this time. I'm not exactly sure what I want to say yet, but I'll probably send mine in before the end of the day.

What do you guys think? Smile

Post by SariLee on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    SariLee wrote:

Oh yeah, Love-kun is definitely a hot dog! (no pun intended) I perfer big dogs myself but how can you pass up a little cutie like that? Wooby Onion Eyes

It kills me how Man and Shin actually buy clothes for Love too. . .(based on all the picture of him I found, I counted around 5 or 6 outfits already. . . Rolling Eyes )
    But then again, Man and Shin always go out in style, so I guess the same goes for their son too!! Onion Thumbs Up

BTW, how awesome would that be if the twins adopted a female dog so Love-kun could have a "younger sister"? Razz

I think the dogs name is really "Love". When I read someone elses translations for Man and Shin's blogs, Love's name was written as "Rabu" (which is I guess how you would pronounce 'Love' with a Japanese accent.)
    According to the twins, they wanted their puppy to "be loved by everyone" hence his name.

I can't tell who's cuter, the dog or his parents!! cheers
    -----------------------------

Oh yeah, I found this on the twins' tumblr page, I'm not sure how many of you have seen it already, but here it goes:

After I posted the translation there was a lot of reactions and some messages of condolences.

My friend maido-ari came up with the idea that we should collect these messages and send them to Manpei & Shinpei.

Please include
    Name (nickname is okay)

Country (if you like)

Please write in English

If you would like to write in your own language, please also send us an English version so that we can understand it.

I gave it some thought, and I think I'm going to send in my own personal message of condolences to our boys. I think they'd be really moved and healed if they received some encouraging messages from their fans at this time. I'm not exactly sure what I want to say yet, but I'll probably send mine in before the end of the day.

What do I think? I think I'm sending an email right now!!!! Onion Thumbs Up

And yes, Love-kun is one "hot dog" haha. His adorableness just kills me! Although I've never been one for putting animals in clothes, Love-kun can really rock those outfits! Gah, he has such doting parents, it's hilarious!
    vegacerezo
    Commoner

Post by vegacerezo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 pm

[quote="Mrs.Takagi"]
    SariLee wrote:

Please include
    Name (nickname is okay)

Country (if you like)

Please write in English

I send my email right now. thanks for the info! Smile
    Ryu Rena

Post by Ryu Rena on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Mrs.Takagi wrote:

Oh goodness, this dog (or is LOVE still a puppy?) IS SO FRIGGIN' ADORABLE!! Onion Love Eyes I just don't know which to love more, LOVE or his parents. And yes Taka-senpai, I'd be very VERY happy if they adopt more doggies for LOVE to play with. Like..maybe..a newborn puppy, Shin would feed it using a bottle Onion Blush And I'd probably die from cute overload.

SariLee wrote:万平心平に私たちの気持ちを届けよう!! (Let’s send words of encouragement to Manpei & Shinpei)

Please include
    Name (nickname is okay)

Country (if you like)

Please write in English

Hmm..I should send them an e-mail too. I'm not going to pass this opportunity up! Onion Thumbs Up
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:14 am

SariLee wrote:

Their entire family has toy poodles... I think they're a really popular dog in Japan (^-^) I visited one of my coworker's houses for the first time the other day, and she had a white toy poodle!!

BUT~ His name is really "Love"! When I translate their blogs, I generally left his name the way Shin and Man type it, which is "LOVE-kun"~ They type it in all caps and in English with a -kun attached <3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:33 pm