Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
lovelylaur75
Careline
Babyface21
KiraKiraNipples
jade
trixi
KaoruHitachiin
Hotaru Gunso
Fujioka Haruhi
Oddy
Raitei
edlws-x
CommonFolkNipples
Tamakisnipples
instantcoffee
Isidarnipples
nipplespvmk
Cinnamonipples
Mrs.Takagi
MangaMistrezz
Nipples Admin
Otaku-Nipples
yanie
27 posters

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO?

Poll

What do you think of Yamamoto Yusuke's portrayal as Suou Tamaki?

[ 108 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left61%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [61%] 
    [ 32 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left18%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 15 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left8%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 3 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left2%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 4 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left2%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 13 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left7%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_left1%"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Bar_right [1%] 

Total Votes: 177
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Empty "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO?

Post by yanie Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:39 am

Since I love Yamamoto Yusuke as Tamaki alot. I'd like to dedicate a thread for his portrayal as Tamaki^^

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yamatama1

I kinda doubt him first time I heard the news. I always thought Wentz Eiji would be perfect as Tamaki. (after I saw him in Nodame Cantabile)

But I was so wrong. Yamamoto Yusuke is AWESOME as Tamaki! He really stole the show. 80% of my laugh watching the show, is bcoz of his hillarious performance as Tamaki.

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yamatama2

Don't you think he must have watched the anime alot? His intonation and way of speaking resembles the anime voice so much!! Laughing (actually Haruhi and Kyoya's way of speak reminds me alot of their anime counterparts too)

And I absolutely love how he can be cool in one second, and be a "BAKA" the next second, naturally, lol.

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yamatama4

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yamatama5

Many says his looks is not Tamaki-material, though. Well... I cannot disagree to that. Look at that lips overdose, lol.

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yamatama6

But his acting performance really overshadow anything else about him, for me Embarassed Starting to fangirl Yusuke-kun slowly here :<3:

Last edited by yanie on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Empty Re: "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO?

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 am

I think he has done an amazing performance for Tamaki so far.
    His expressions and qualities are perfect, it's brilliant~!

"Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Tumblr_lpc2808jG11qi0orco2_250
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 am

I actually really like that he has big lips, it makes him cuter. I don't find him attractive in the live action but outside of Ouran, Yusuke is really cute. I think it's the hairstyle that doesn't flatter his face. And of course, we all know about his acting.

Before the live action got green lit I was very hesitant on the idea of a drama because of casting. But after the drama was announced and I searched up Yusuke, I was actually very pleased with the choice. I don't think anyone else could make a better Tamaki than him.
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 am

I was a bit hesitant when I found out and saw who would play Tamaki but I thought I'd wait and see, but as I saw more of the promotionals leading up to the first episode I really warmed to him.
    And his acting as Tamaki, it's just great, he really makes me laugh~! Exactly how I laugh when I watch Tamaki in the anime Smile
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 am

Oh yes... this might be a disappointing fact for fans...

The manga-ka, Hattori Bisco, twitted before that Suou Tamaki in the live-action, is not half-French silent

But Bisco-sensei also said she laughed alot watching the live-action and made a comment that Yusuke's Tamaki is excellent.

EDIT: oops, apparently there's already a thread abt that not half-french thing^^
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:59 am

When I first saw Yusuke and found out he was playing Tamaki, I was like------> Shocked ... No Are you serious?! Look at his LIPS! I mean, HOT DAMN people- his lips are so big he could SWALLOW all the girls, not flirt with them. But I like to keep an open mind for things.

When I first watched the interviews, I was like----------> Shocked ... :3 Nodding Hmm...okay. I can see a little 'Tamaki'. Let's see...It's a good thing I loved the twins, cause it made me wanna watch more of the Ouran drama.

When I watch the actual Ouran episodes, I was like--------> Shocked ... Shocked ... cheers cheers cheers
    I LOVED YUSUKE!!! He IS Tamaki!!! He won me over in episode 1 when he cried at how pitiful Haruhi's life was (I was like: Tamaki? Is that you? Yes...YES IT IS!) Yeah, you can be sceptical about his looks, but DAMMIT! He can ACT!!! That's more than I can say for other actors out there. I rather have an actor who can act their character perfectly than some mediocre look-a-like! And now that I look at it, he does look like Tamaki- Tamaki is all about his expressions. And for all the haters who think Yusuke is ugly...LOOK AT THIS!!!!:
    "Yamamoto Tamaki": YES? NO? Yusuke_yamamoto070613 JUST LOOK AT ALL THIS SEXINESS!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm a total Yusuke supporter now- I can't imagine anyone else playing this part.
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:40 am

Just to kind of go behind what some of the others had said. . .yes, I was a bit skeptical when I heard that Yusuke was going to be cast as Tamaki.
    But I was later ashamed of the fact which was it was SOLELY because I was thinking about physical likeness: I didn't think he looked like the character at all.

Now on the other hand, I've seen him in other dramas, and there's no question about his acting skills.

And as for physical attractiveness. . .YES, HE'S A TOTAL HOTTIE!! It's those lips, I'm tellin ya!! Everytime I see him in a picture or see him on screen, that's the FIRST part of him my eyes are drawn to. I automatically just wanna kiss him every time I see those full perky lips. . .

He and the Takagi twins have some sexy lips. End of story.

(Ahem, where was I. . .?)

Oh yeah, anyway. . .after watching a couple of the trailers and the first few episodes, there's no doubt in my mind that Yusuke is the perfect actor to portray Tamaki.Everything from the exaggerated speech, to the dramatic movements, to the narcissistic personality, as far as I can tell, Yusuke has the part of Tamaki down to a T.
    Yeah yeah, so he's not half-European but honestly which would you rather have. . .?

An actor who LOOKS the part, but couldn't act to save his life and didn't bring anything to his character?

or

An actor who has the skill/charm and adds his own person touch to his character, but doesn't necessarily resemble what the audience had in mind?

C'mon now. . .
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:50 am

I had no problems with him. If you watch Kamen Rider Kabuto, he plays a just-as-stuck-up but way more arrogant character, so I knew he could do it.

Also he's pretty much my favourite actor ever. So when I found out, I had no doubts. I just shit bricks (my FAVOURITE ACTOR is playing my FAVOURITE CHARACTER in the live action adaptation of one of my FAVOURITE ANIMES. THIS IS AWESOME)and squee'd like a good little fangirl. XD

And besides, he really does fit the part well. He's great at acting and might not look exactly like anime/manga Tamaki but he's freakin' hot. >w<
    nipplespvmk
    nipplespvmk
    Scholarship Student

Post by nipplespvmk Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:09 pm

When the cast was announced, I had no opinion, as I had never watched any live action Japanese show before (unless you count power rangers, and that was dubbed...).
    But watching the interviews (and of course the tumblr) convinced me that he was perfect. I couldn’t imagine anyone else doing it better.
    Maybe a wig change though? xD They could have done a lot better with the hair, but that isn't a part of his acting.
    Isidarnipples
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I wavered a little. Cause he didn't look like Tamaki in my mind, but I was pretty sure he'd be able to act it.

(Although I still vaguely wish they'd cast Shirota Yu because he could have pulled off the half-Japanese look and he'd be serious and incredibly silly in turns too. XD)

But Ive grown to really like Yusuke's Tamaki (although I actually only find him attractive outside of Ouran, and with darker hair. Which is odd).
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Isidarnipples wrote:

(Although I still vaguely wish they'd cast Shirota Yu because he could have pulled off the half-Japanese look and he'd be serious and incredibly silly in turns too. XD)

But Ive grown to really like Yusuke's Tamaki (although I actually only find him attractive outside of Ouran, and with darker hair. Which is odd).

I was thinking about Shirota Yu for playing the role of Tamaki as well, since he's already half-European and half-Japanese, and I think blonde (or at least dirty blonde) hair would've looked more natural on him. . .

But now I'm TOTALLY over that, and it's all about Yusuke, baby!! cheers

And your very last comment was funny to me because I always thought that Japanese guys always looked better with darker, natural colored hair.

I was thinking the same think about the Takagi twins (the way they manage to change their hairstyles every couple of months is still fascinating to me.) But when I compare pictures of them now to picture of them with black/dark brown hair, I'm like "Darker hair definitely suits them the best." Laughing

Although I think they look cute no matter what, I think lighter hair makes them look a lot younger (like with the twins, for some reason I always get to urge to call them "boys" but then I have to remind myself that they're actually grown men. . . No )
    instantcoffee
    instantcoffee
    Commoner

Post by instantcoffee Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:36 pm

I've always loved Yusuke so I was really happy when I heard he was going to be in a live action of one of my favourite mangas/animes. When I saw the previews of the drama, I wasn't really thrilled about it but after watching the first episode, oh my god. He was hilarious and dramatic and so perfect. I'm looking forward to continue seeing him as Tamaki! I'm sure it'll just get better.

I'm rewatching Tumbling right now, and whenever I see scenes where he gets pissed off, I can't believe that he's the same person who plays Tamaki. (For those who haven't watched that drama, you should give it a try! It also stars the actor who plays Kyouya! 8D)
    Tamakisnipples
    Tamakisnipples
    The King

Post by Tamakisnipples Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm

God is he fun to play. I'm trying to do exactly the character that Yusuke is portraying Tamaki as, but its hard because we don't have much material to go on yet, so I'm ending up playing him more like the manga/anime at points. Oh well, I think he is doing a fabulous job with his acting, and he is SUPER CUTE OMG him shirtless I was like "SHIT I NEED NEW UNDERWEAR"
    and you all didn't need to know that.
    CommonFolkNipples
    CommonFolkNipples
    Daito's Song

Post by CommonFolkNipples Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I have a story to tell! Which is relevant to the Yusuke thing, don't worry~!

Truth be told, I was never into JDramas before Ouran was green-lit to air so I had no idea who Yusuke Yamamoto was, I was more interested in who was playing Kyoya. So anyway, I followed the Tumblr and when Cindy posted that one translation of Daito's blog about Daito and Yusuke being in dramas together for a while, I looked up the dramas they were in and watched them. Watching Yusuke acting all sorts of roles, I knew that he would make an amazing Tamaki and was really puzzled why so many people were hating on him. He's a painfully handsome man but more than that, he can act. I have never seen someone (Well, other than Daito) act so many different roles so well.

I'm really glad I watched all the dramas he was in previously because I got to see his talent and he is FULL OF IT. So yes, wrote a paragraph to state that no one else can play Tamaki because Yusuke IS Tamaki.
    edlws-x
    edlws-x
    Commoner

Post by edlws-x Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 pm

YUSUKE IS PERFECT AS PERFECT CAN BE. HANDS DOWN. TOES DOWN. NIPPLES DOWN.

i agree i was one of many people that was a bit mehhhh with him being casted as tamaki but after watching him i have seen the light & i will never turn back T_T
    Raitei
    Raitei
    Ouran Student

Post by Raitei Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am

I think Yamamoto fits Tamaki perfectly well. Aside from the intonations, I also kind of think that he and Miyano Mamoru (Tamaki's seiyuu) have some similar features. Ahm. Maybe it's just me.

All his silliness do remind me of him in his Kamen Rider Kabuto days, though. He was so dang silly there, too. Very Happy

Overall, I find that all his acts in Ouran too fun to watch. I'm clicking on the rewind button again and again just to see his silly expressions. Ha! Also, from the last ep, I loved seeing Kuma-chan. I hope Kuma-chan gets a lot more exposure. XD
    Oddy
    Oddy
    Evil Twin

Post by Oddy Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 am

I admit, I was a teeny bit skeptical when I first read about his being cast, but then I thought about Tsurugi.

Kamen Rider Kabuto was the first place I ever saw him and I was in LOVE from the very first (Jade thought I was crazy)

But really, it was almosy like a pre-Tamaki type of acting. also holy crap baby Yusuke :<3:
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:16 am

I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO MADE THAT CONNECTION!

I was like, "Hey, Tamaki's like a less douchebaggy Tsurugi! Very Happy"

(I actually watched Kamen Rider Kabuto just for Yusuke. XD)
    Oddy
    Oddy
    Evil Twin

Post by Oddy Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 am

TOTALLY a less douchbaggy Tsurugi XDD

I honestly watched Kabuto because a friend of mine wanted to see Kato Kazuki...but then I saw Yusuke and I've been hooked since, lol.
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Fujioka Haruhi
    Scholarship Student

Location : Hiding from Tamaki-sen--crap, he found me xjhfdg LET GO OF THE KEYBOARD

Post by Fujioka Haruhi Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 pm

I have never watched a J-drama or any sort of manga/anime live adaptation. When I saw the cast photos I initially thought everyone was perfect, but I was a bit skeptical about Yusuke. I had never seen him act, so my opinion was very much superficial. Then I saw him in some of the interviews the cast did and thought "I think he'll be ok."

After seeing him in the trailers and then the first episode I was thoroughly sold. He plays Tamaki perfectly! He has such a great amount of energy and enthusiasm, and goes from super silly to his 'corner of woe' and back flawlessly. I can't see anyone but Yusuke playing the Host King or whining "Haruhiiiiii~!!"

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Yusuke and Miyano Mamoru are a bit similar.
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 pm

As I think some parts of Yusuke's character resembles Tamaki (the person himself also says so, actually), I also think that Miyano Mamoru's character is kinda like Tamaki (hence, resembles Yusuke's character altogether, lol). I watched Ouran anime's seiyuu(voice actor/actress) special talk together, and Kyoya's seiyuu mentioned how much Miyano did NG, to the extent that although the director was already in an angry state, and yet Miyano still did NG for the 4th time without fear, it's like he cannot read the situation (kuuki yomenai). This reminds me of how Yusuke made a mistake in the VTR message when the cast except him appeared live in Ohsama no Brunch studio, and Daito said "He's always like that, making mistakes in critical parts", lol. In a radio programme, with Haruhi's seiyuu, Sakamoto Maaya, she teased Miyano that he likes to be called "the king", at another moment she also said, "Do you like voicing the handsome parts of Tamaki or the idiotic parts?", and Miyano said, "The handsome parts,". Maaya said, "Eww, why? Coz you think yourself is handsome??", Miyano answered, "YES!". I feel Yusuke's humor and Miyano's humor are similar.

I was thinking about their characters' similarity. But now that you guys mentioned it, their face features DOES look similar, ne! haha~ amazing... these guys are so fated to be Tamaki XD

Most adaptations are disappointing (even anime adaptations can be disappointing for me sometimes), it's a miracle that I really love every media of Ouran!^v^
    Hotaru Gunso
    Hotaru Gunso
    Scholarship Student

Post by Hotaru Gunso Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh my God...I was literally looking at random cast pics and I came across this! His hair looks especially dark here and I couldn't get over how much he looks like Mamoru in these particular pics, especially the top one! It's crazy to me!

http://fuckyeahourancast.tumblr.com/post/7893025270

KaoruHitachiin
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Post by KaoruHitachiin Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Even if some people say he can't act like Tamaki because he doesn't look like him, I think he is doing an AMAZING job being Tamaki, he's great!
    Raitei
    Raitei
    Ouran Student

Post by Raitei Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:31 pm

yanie wrote:As I think some parts of Yusuke's character resembles Tamaki (the person himself also says so, actually), I also think that Miyano Mamoru's character is kinda like Tamaki (hence, resembles Yusuke's character altogether, lol). I watched Ouran anime's seiyuu(voice actor/actress) special talk together, and Kyoya's seiyuu mentioned how much Miyano did NG, to the extent that although the director was already in an angry state, and yet Miyano still did NG for the 4th time without fear, it's like he cannot read the situation (kuuki yomenai). This reminds me of how Yusuke made a mistake in the VTR message when the cast except him appeared live in Ohsama no Brunch studio, and Daito said "He's always like that, making mistakes in critical parts", lol. In a radio programme, with Haruhi's seiyuu, Sakamoto Maaya, she teased Miyano that he likes to be called "the king", at another moment she also said, "Do you like voicing the handsome parts of Tamaki or the idiotic parts?", and Miyano said, "The handsome parts,". Maaya said, "Eww, why? Coz you think yourself is handsome??", Miyano answered, "YES!". I feel Yusuke's humor and Miyano's humor are similar.

I was thinking about their characters' similarity. But now that you guys mentioned it, their face features DOES look similar, ne! haha~ amazing... these guys are so fated to be Tamaki XD

Most adaptations are disappointing (even anime adaptations can be disappointing for me sometimes), it's a miracle that I really love every media of Ouran!^v^

OMG! They really are meant to take on Tamaki's role! Very Happy

I only saw the Ouran cast interview (the one they made after the anime finally ends), and I do think Miyano acts like Tamaki. Ahm. I just don't get how Honey-sempai's seiyuu actually have that voice for real. I was like Shocked (I think I just went off-topic with that last sentence >.<)
    trixi
    trixi
    Scholarship Student

Post by trixi Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 am

I was a HUUUUUUUUUGE Yusuke fan a couple of years ago so I watched all his dramas so I had no doubts about him being a good choice *insert I liked Yusuke before he went mainstream hipster glasses here xD* but the boy sure is a really good actor!

I also remember after Hana Kimi there were Ouran live-action rumors and also then, back in 2007 Yusuke was rumored as Tamaki. I'm so glad he actually got the role ^^

(and I'm surprised to see Kamen Rider Kabuto watchers here, tokusatsu often scare people away, but Kabuto had some real eye-candy in it ;D and now I'm going a bit OT, but could it be that some of you lovely people are from the old Yusuke forum Pink Aura??? :DD)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm