Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Careline
awesome_nipples
Mrs.Takagi
Cinnamonipples
AnimaSola86
Choco
MangaMistrezz
Tacoko
enggrrl
crunchystuff
14 posters

What languages do you know?

crunchystuff
    crunchystuff
    Commoner

What languages do you know? Empty What languages do you know?

Post by crunchystuff Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 am

Heh...being random and curious here...
    So...what languages do you know? Besides English of course. And those languages in which you just know a few phrases here and there are not counted Wink
    I thought it would be interesting to share a bit about our backgrounds, as well as increase our post count Onion Laugh
    enggrrl
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

What languages do you know? Empty Re: What languages do you know?

Post by enggrrl Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:37 am

I speak English and French. My Japanese is minimal, but I can usually get myself understood.
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:07 am

crunchystuff wrote: And those languages in which you just know a few phrases here and there are not counted. Wink

Welp guess I'm not included. XD
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 am

I'm fluent in English...very fluent Wink Haha, ok...I'm also fluent in Filipino (Tagalog to be specific). Since I'm studying abroad in the Philippines, I kinda have to be able to speak the language. When I first came here about 5 years ago, I didn't know a single WORD of tagalog. And when I was learning, I kept making alot of mistakes- like instead of saying Tenga (ear) I said Tanga (fool or idiot). I felt like a tanga when people laughed at me.

I'm also 85% fluent in Chinese (my high school that I went to was a Chinese/Filipino school). Ahh...I remember when my Sensei was angry and would grab anything that was around and throw it at us (chalk, ruler, eraser, DESK...etc.) Ahhh...good times, good times.

And I know words and phrases of Japanese (but I guess that doesn't count).
    crunchystuff
    crunchystuff
    Commoner

Post by crunchystuff Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:27 am

Well, for me, I know both English and (Mandarin) Chinese fairly well, but I am much more fluent in English than Chinese. Almost everyone here has to learn at least 2 languages - English and a Mother Tongue. But knowing Chinese has its perks in watching Ouran too - I could watch the Chinese fansubs before the English ones came out like almost a week later :/
    Choco
    Choco
    Commoner

Post by Choco Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I can speak Spanish (well, I'm from Spain xDD) and Catalan, it's a language from part of Spain :3. I can speak english and some japanese too ^^
    AnimaSola86
    AnimaSola86
    Scholarship Student

Post by AnimaSola86 Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm

I speak German (my mother tongue, obviously), I'm also fluent in English.
    I learned French in school (5 years of torture!), but forgot about half of it once I dropped that class. But I can still understand a little and speak the basics.
    I learned Latin in university, but that doesn't count, because I'd have to time-travel to find someone, who actually speaks it, haha. (I would also suck at it, but nevermind...)
    And I also took a Japanese class last semester and am trying to study more on my own. I only know the basics (structure, hiragana and katakana, only a few kanji, tho) and am still not able to understand a lot (but a little and that is at least something, I guess xD).

I love learning new languages, really. I wonder what I'll learn next...
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Whoa, AnimeSola, those are like, the same languages I speak bits of. XD

I'm only fluent in English, but:

-Mandatory French in school every year until grade 9, after which I dropped it. I don't remember much, but I can read it fairly alright, if anything.
    -Grew up in a family with a mother whose first language was German, so while I hardly know any of it, several random words for household things are part of my regular vocabulary (and being brought up with those words, it confused me and everyone else around me when I used them around others and found out they weren't English XD).
    -Took one semester of Latin last year, though I don't remember much of it. >.<
    -Random Japanese, which I'm trying to teach myself. >w<
    Mrs.Takagi
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Cool idea starting this thread! Cool

I'm fluent in English obviously, and semi-fluent in Spanish. I can read and write in French, but that's about it.

I'm currently learning Korean and Japanese as well as Arabic (which I find to be a very poetic language indeed). Smile

That's about al my brain can handle at this point LOL
    awesome_nipples
    awesome_nipples
    Regular Client

Post by awesome_nipples Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Dutch (motherlanguage!! including every Belgian dialect), French (high-school level), German( only curse words and the things ZDF taught me), Japanese curse words, litttttlleee bit of Spanish at that's bout it
    Careline
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:49 pm

I can speak my mothertongue german, I'm fluent in english and I know quite a bit of japanese. And a tiny little bit french xD

@aweseome_nipples: LOL at the german part xD
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:29 pm

English, Japanese, German, Maltese and learning Korean. Want to master French and Italian too. Smile
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 am

Oh, well. Unfortunately, I am not that fluent in English... Of course, I can perfectly understand, but most of the time I can't really figure out how to say all of it in English and that's pretty bad, because actually I like to write NOVELS!

So excuse my lack of English skills, but it's enough to communicate with you, guys :3

Also, I fluenly speak German, of course, since I'm German... Onion Breeze

Then, i learned a bit of French and Spanish at school, but I've mostly forgotten anything ^^'

I'm also so jealous of you, guys! Most of you can speak Japanese (or at least a bit Q___Q) I can comprehend a bit when I concentrate on listening... but that's all Onion Runs Away
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:47 am

Actually your English is pretty good. >w<
    Like, you worry about it, but if I didn't know it wasn't a language you're perfectly fluent in, I wouldn't know.
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 am

I speak German and English.

I also learned Latin (oh, I'm going to get far with that!) and Spanish in school and I know how to have basic conversations and understand much of the written language, but the rest kind of vanished.. Laughing
    loverholic-x
    loverholic-x
    Commoner

Post by loverholic-x Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:34 am

I'm fluent in Spanglish. lmao
    My native language is Spanish and I speak very good English, but I mix them much so I say I speak Spanglish.

I also understand very very VERY little Japanese.
    I'm trying to decide which language should I learn next, Japanese or Korean, I like both.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am