Which one would YOU choose?

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 am

Pretty self-explanatory. . .

As we all know, in Ouran we have the 3 main shipper couples:

HikaxHaru

TamaxHaru

and

KyouxHaru

(of course, my favorite couple on the show will always be HikaxKao Cunning Onion )

So my question for you all is, if you were in Haruhi's position, if you were being pursued by these Host Club members, and were told to choose between them, which would you choose?

I have my own personal choice, but I wanna read everyone elses responses first. . . Onion Whistle

Re: Which one would YOU choose?

Post by Laila007 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:44 am

well, as much as I LOVE hikaru and mori.. i would go with tamakai b/c he is the most lively out of the group! he wants to see others happy so i would think that he would make ME happy! kyouya is sexy but i think it would be challenging to deal with his 'coldness". tamaki is caring and kind and i think his silliness would keep the relationship alive!! hahaha i really thought this through!!
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

Laila007 wrote:well, as much as I LOVE hikaru and mori.. i would go with tamakai b/c he is the most lively out of the group! he wants to see others happy so i would think that he would make ME happy! kyouya is sexy but i think it would be challenging to deal with his 'coldness". tamaki is caring and kind and i think his silliness would keep the relationship alive!! hahaha i really thought this through!!

Interesting answer Laila.

And I don't disagree with it one bit

Onion Thumbs Up

Post by Silvia on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:36 pm

It really depends on how this question is interpreted...

I personally would choose Kyoya because he's just the type of man I admire. Intelligent, calm, have ambition without losing his good heart. And (though just occasionally XD) gentle.

But, if I were to pick the best match for Haruhi, I would probably go with Tamaki. I think their personality complemented each other and their relationship will always be warm and interesting. The ever encouraging and insightful (about others at least) Tamaki will warm up Haruhi's coolness while down-to-earth Haruhi will prevent Tamaki from... well, being excessively Tamaki I guess. LOL And even Tamaki turns on his baka tono mode, I think Haruhi's perfectly capable of dealing with it and it won't harm their relationship at all. It'll be some priceless comical moments, though.

I voted, however, according to my selfish wish that Haruhi would end with no one and leave way for yaoi. I mean, TamaHaru is pretty much the only Haruhi-pairing that interests me, but I have a yaoi ship for Tamaki already, so if I were to choose, Haruhi will just have to find another guy.

Maybe that's the wrong interpretation for this question, though. I hope my explanation above makes up for it. Onion Wipes Sweat, h
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Silvia wrote:
    I voted, however, according to my selfish wish that Haruhi would end with no one and leave way for yaoi.

My thoughts exactly!

That's exactly why I cannot pair up any other couple on this show other than Hikaru and Kaoru Razz

To me, Haruhi would make a good match for either one of the 3 (Hikaru, Tamaki and Kyouya), which is also why I don't have a specific preference (for her.)

And I actally do think it would be cool if she just didn't pick any of them and continued to be her own cool self, totally solo cheers

(Meh, sorry. . .I guess that's just the feminist in me talking. . .)

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:18 pm

I picked Tamaki, mainly for his whole personality and his values.

I love him as a guy with his romantic tendencies and he is really considerate. It's the type of guy I really go for. Plus, he is so energetic and loveable but I love his confidence with himself.

He'd be amazing as both just a friend and a boyfriend (knowing my type of luck I'd be friend-zoned)

He is perfect Onion Blush
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

silvia i LOVE YOUR ANSWER! some nice yaoi would definitely spice things up! and mrs. takagi, your answer is very good too!! she should be on her own with the support of the boys and when she is a lawyer and standing on her own two feet she can chose one of the boys or move on to someone better!!
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Personally, I know that even if I just came into the host club as a customer, not like, having any of the guys as a boyfriend, I would probably pick Tamaki.
    I, like many other teenager/young adult females, suffer from an abundance of low self esteem. And I know that Tamaki manages to make any lady feel better about themselves. I could use the excessive compliments, because even if he gives them to every lady, he gives them honestly.
    I have a male friend who decided that for one day, he'd compliment every girl he thought looked pretty that day. So he'd go around to all his female friends and say, "You look beautiful today!" or "You look really pretty today!" and really, even though I don't have a romantic interest in that guy, it totally made my day, and I knew he was being honest (because that guy, he kind of only says things he means, he never lies to make people feel better or anything XD).
    I like that Tamaki does the same thing on a regular basis, and I think more guys should be like that.

mind you if the host club existed
    I'd probably go for the twins sometimes too
    because I love my yaoi. XDDD

#1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    I, like many other teenager/young adult females, suffer from an abundance of low self esteem. And I know that Tamaki manages to make any lady feel better about themselves. I could use the excessive compliments, because even if he gives them to every lady, he gives them honestly.
    I like that Tamaki does the same thing on a regular basis, and I think more guys should be like that.

Dude. . . that's a really really good point. . . Shocked

That's one of the (many) things I love and appreciate about Tamaki's character, he's happy making other people happy/making them feel good.
    And he's honest with his compliments because he never has a hidden agenda or never compliments people on the hopes of having personal gain.

*cough*Kyouya*cough*

He does it because he's good at it Very Happy

(Can you imagine how the world would be a better place if more people were like Tamaki Suoh?)

And he wears his heart on his sleeve. . .which has both positive and negative side effects LOL

And even though he has a tendency to be a (what was the phrase I used. . .?) "Narcissistic-diva"? Razz He's not a jerk about it, you know?
    Tamaki's whole "I love me, I'm so beautiful, the ladies love me, how can I stand being so handsome. . ." persona is actually quite hilarious and amusing. . .
    Because let's face it, most guys like that in real life would get on a persons nerves, really quick. . . Rolling Eyes

Very valid point you brought up cheers

Cinnamonipples wrote:
    mind you if the host club existed
    I'd probably go for the twins sometimes too
    because I love my yaoi. XDDD

Something I learned over these past few months. . .the only thing better than yaoi is an implied, incestuous yaoi relationship between sexy twin brothers! Onion Nosebleed

Post by Beelzenef on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm

If I was to just stumble on into the host club, I would pick Kyouya. There is no doubt. I have a problem with compliments (even though I enjoy them inside, I always reject them in public... oops) Kyouya is more of the knowledgable type that I like, who doesn't do anything that wouldn't give him an advantage. I'm the same way, and only like to do things that will help me in the future. I guess I can be quite shallow but I do have a touching side. I just like Kyouya... and I do enjoy megane. Onion Wipes Sweat, h Honey is so cute though, too...
    BUT IF I WAS HARUHI, as in my personality was like hers, I'd probably choose Hikaru and hope that Kaoru would want to get in. Gleaming Onion Eyes
    Laila007
    Asian Fanatic

Post by Laila007 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm

lol beelzenef you make a good point! TWO is better than ONE!! FUN FUN FUN!! Onion Nosebleed Onion Nosebleed
    abtomat
    Commoner

Post by abtomat on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:42 pm

mori senpai, he's just too cool for words
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:38 am

All of the above.
    I tried thinking of only 1 guy, but my answer is always the same.
    ALL OF THE ABOVE. Onion Thumbs Up
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

MangaMistrezz wrote:All of the above.
    I tried thinking of only 1 guy, but my answer is always the same.
    ALL OF THE ABOVE. Onion Thumbs Up

I hate to be biased like this but. . .

I think I totally like your answer the best!!!

Onion Thumbs Up

Post by Shensation on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:39 am

for me, personally, I would probably be a Mori girl because I can't pick Nekozawa have a thing for dark hair but Kyouya seems a little too.... calculating for me. I love him but I couldn't date him. he KNOWS hes smarter than me, and I don't think he'd be subtle about it.
    of course, with Mori, theres the issue of never being far from Honey, who I think I would eventually get jealous of...
    (fuck it I'm going back to the Black Magic Club)

as for Haruhi, I'll read fic of her with just about anybody, but she and Tamaki really do even each other out, I can't see her with anyone else, even if I ship other things. although I guess I can see her with Kyouya too, shes smarter enough to keep his interest up, but he never seemed attracted to her (maybe he likes tall girls? long hair? bigger boobs? I dunno.)
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Shensation wrote:for me, personally, I would probably be a Mori girl because I can't pick Nekozawa

OMG, I'm so sorry. . .

I totally forgot about Nekozawa!!

You can pick him if you like Surprised

Actually now that I think about it when he ditches the dark cloak, he's actually quite the cutie Very Happy

Alright, since I gave everyone a couple of days to voice their choices, I guess I'll put my 2 cents in too: my personal choice as a significant other is. . ..

*drumroll*

KYOUYA!!! cheers

hehehe. . .

This was no easy task, mind you. . .it took me 2 days just to come up with a final answer.

It's funny because as much as I adore the twins, I really can't picture them being with anyone but each other, and I would HATE to break the set unless we could agree on some sort of 3-way relationship.

And as much as I love Tamaki, for all of his goods sides as well as his faults . . .I don't think it would work out. . .lol
    Don't get me wrong, his big heart outweighs any and all of his faults but. . .between his sometimes bipolar personality and his vanity. . .I don't know how much if it I could take!!

My first choice was actually Mori: I really REALLY love the strong yet silent type of guy (probably because they are just SO rare to find these days. . . Rolling Eyes ) I don't like to talk a lot and Mori doesn't like to talk a lot, so even though there wouldn't be much conversation between us, I don't think it would be awkward at all Onion Blush
    The type of guy who is always by your side (or at least, standing behind you lol) just dedicated to protecting you. . .a guy who can be like your partner in crime you know? So yeah, I actually would've went with Mori, BUT. . . .

He already has Honey. . . Corner of Woe Just seeing the type of dedication Mori has for Honey definitely makes me think that that's one hell of a bond that would be hard to break (and in all honesty, they have such a beautiful and sweet relationship with each other, I'd hate to see anyone try to come between them. . . Onion Love )

Kyouya has a personality similar to mind as well: calm, cool, collective, calculating, maybe comes off as being cold and aloof at times. . .hard and tough on the outside, but sweet and soft on the inside, kinda like a candy bar. . . Razz
    I also prefer not to invest any time or energy into something that I don't feel would gain me any real benefit (kinda cynical I know), and like Kyouya, my best friend is also a sweet, funny, often narcissistic, not quite altogether-nutcase Onion Laugh

Plus he's handsome, wears glasses, and he's the most muscular (compared to the other Host Club memebers), so yeah, he's definitely my cup of tea Onion Drinks Tea

Post by Shensation on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:08 am

Mrs.Takagi wrote:
    Shensation wrote:for me, personally, I would probably be a Mori girl because I can't pick Nekozawa

OMG, I'm so sorry. . .

I totally forgot about Nekozawa!!

You can pick him if you like Surprised

Actually now that I think about it when he ditches the dark cloak, he's actually quite the cutie Very Happy

you are letting me have him? YAY! YAY! *happy dance*
    I don't know why in this anime full of fine main cast bishie I pick the bizarre and dorky side character but there ya go, I likes what I likes.
    AnimaSola86
    Scholarship Student

Post by AnimaSola86 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh if I would be Haruhi... seriously, tough choice. (Actually, I do have my favorite...) I mean... they are all in their own special way awesome and handsome as hell. Everyone, really. But I guess this is a shoujo and not some hentai-orgy-party-thing (too bad...), so there's only one to choose.

My choice would be Tamaki.
    Triumphant Tamaki

Because he is everything. Good looking, funny, caring, stupid, emotional, naive, selfless, cute, charming. He is the King, the Prince, the one that wants to make everyone happy - and I think that would be the best thing about him (well, apart from his good looks...).

I've always been a Tamaki-fangirl.
    I loved him in the anime - mainly because of his seiyuu, Miyano Mamoru, who did such a great job as his voice actor.
    And I absolute adore him in the live action. Yamamoto Yusuke does such a great job, really. When I first saw him as Tamaki, I thought: "He is absolutely perfect! He IS Tamaki!"
    (And my love for Tamaki deepened...)

So, yeah, I'd choose Tamaki.
    Then I'd take Hikaru and Kaoru, then Kyouya, then Mori and Honey. Yeah, it'd be an epic host-wandering-orgy-party!
    I REGRET NOTHING
    chaoslyene
    Commoner

Post by chaoslyene on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 am

Onion Tantrum

I can't choose!

In the anime I never really liked anyone except for the Twins & Kyouya but after watching live action I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM ALL Wooby Onion Eyes

Can't I just take a small piece from each one of them and put it all in a blender?
    Onion OTL

But if I really really had to choose I think I'd have Tamaki as my best friend(sorry Kyouya), and Kyouya as hubby Smile
    Onion Blush
    MatteHanaymeY4
    Commoner

Post by MatteHanaymeY4 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:07 pm

although i'm pretty sure its an unpopular vote, i always liked kaoru the best. not only does have undeniably good looks, but he's also the most straight forward host and lacks the anger management issues of his older brother... to be honest i also feel bad that almost nobody else feels that way... kaoru is really the one i always wanted haruhi to be with, but in the manga he was just too nice to hikaru to actually persue her! T_T
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Post by Minzgruen on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 am

I would choose Kyouya, although I wasn't quite sure about it, because I couldn't decide between Hikaru and Kyouya >_< (Yay, I like the mean ones!)

I looove Kyouya like hell, but actually I'm a little twins-fangirly ._. But I couldn't have them both... so I'm fine with Kyouya, he's smexy though Onion Nosebleed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:44 am