Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
awesome_nipples
enggrrl
omnomroses
Otaku-Nipples
Silvia
Careline
lovelylaur75
Akira14
Nipples Admin
Hotaru Gunso
salz
jade
Mrs.Takagi
diasleepy
yanie
Beelzenef
KiraKiraNipples
MangaMistrezz
22 posters

Ouran Live Action Episode 9

Poll

How awesome was this episode?

[ 34 ]
    Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_left67%Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_left22%Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_left10%Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_left1%Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_left0%Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 51
    Careline
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ouran Live Action Episode 9

Post by Careline Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:59 am

yanie wrote:
    Careline wrote:I liked the scene and I was so blown away when Haruhi said that she has the feeling that Tamaki will come. I just thought: "OUCH". Poor Hikaru.
    I also thought "Ouch" there. But Hikaru didn't seem to mind at all. So I'm assuming Hikaru's feeling for Haruhi, has not gotten that far yet^^ Looking forward to the moment where Hikaru would feel annoyed to see Haruhi with, not just some random guys, but with Tamaki Razz (I guess they'll save this for the movie)

My saying. I think the movie will be so dramatic...but I also get the feeling that Kyouya wont be involved in this love triangle thing because ... I dunno just because. I'd like to see the "And so Kyouya met him" episode, because we didn't have much TamakiKyouya best friends scenes so far...I guess it'll be in the movie ne. xD

yanie wrote:
    Careline wrote:@Yanie: Sometimes I think it is a bit too much too, but still I love Yamamoto Tamaki<3
    I never thought of Tamaki being too much before, but it was just those 2 scenes in Ep9, where Kyoya and Honey hit his head at the end, that I think was OOC. He should know better about manner being a rich boy and all, it's such an inappropriate thing to do to scream on someone's name on the street like that. (and how deaf were HikaHaru?? they weren't that far yet)
    And, I found the culprit! Seem like it was the producer's idea ~_~ (reading the producer's diary)

Yeah i guess you're right, i was thinking that too. Why wouldn't they hear him. Also that Hani of all persons hit him on the head like that was a bit OOC. Bit I dont mind too much, since it was funny xD

Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:16 am

I think Yusuke is doing an amazing job as Tamaki still...
    We forget how OTT Tamaki is anyway, I mean just look back at the manga and anime...his serious moments are few... Depressed Tamaki

Anyway,
    I enjoyed the episode, it's such a shame their pressed for time with the short amount of episodes, they are only putting in certain parts for fan-service, when really it is being moved along so fast (with TamaHaru-ness) because ultimately they will end up together...
    They don't want the 11th episode ending and realising "ah...we haven't progressed much with TamaHaru..."

They've tried to maintain the balance with comedy and romance, I think they are doing a great job...was a shame about the lack of "refreshing points" but oh well~!
    It was nice to see Haruhi more vulnerable and depending on the host club more...

I love the ending with Tamaki forcing them to repeat after him...

THE HOST CLUB IS A FAMILY! Onion Laugh
    Hotaru Gunso
    Hotaru Gunso
    Scholarship Student

Post by Hotaru Gunso Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:04 am

Okay, it's now been a day since I've watched the episode and I'd just like to take the time to apologize for all my ranting. As an AVID HikaHaru and KyoHaru shipper, I obviously was very unhappy with this episode and needed to let it all out. Looking at my posts, I tried my best not to go overboard, but I'm very sorry to any TamaHaru fans that might have been offended by my comments. silent

Anyway, instead of ranting on and on about how upset I am, I shall now try to invest this energy into writing HikaHaru fanfiction. :<3:
    omnomroses
    Commoner

Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Empty Silly Tono

Post by omnomroses Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:47 pm

If I could kill Tamaki, I would. Stealing Haruhi from Hikaru like that made me want to cry. Shame on you. I respect your need to be princely, but THINK OF HIKARUS FEELINGS NEXT TIME.

Disapproving Twins
    Rejected Tamaki
    enggrrl
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:08 am

I just watched the raws and my two(ish) favourite parts were:

1) Kyouya and Hunny in thier "disguises", especially how touchy feely they were (and whomever said they were jealous of Hunny, I'm right there with you)

2) Hunny hitting Tamaki. I totally burst out laughing. It was pure win!

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Ep9 rating was 4.0%!! Highest rating for FRIDAY BREAK SLOT (Friday 24:20) so far! (highest before was 3.6% which was "ShimaShima" Ep2)

If the final ep reach 5%, I hope they'd consider for a "Season 2" in golden timeslot. But if it move to golden slot, Yusuke said the title has to be changed to "Ouran High School Fun Hour", lol. (the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)

MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:33 pm

yanie wrote:Ep9 rating was 4.0%!! Highest rating for FRIDAY BREAK SLOT (Friday 24:20) so far! (highest before was 3.6% which was "ShimaShima" Ep2)

If the final ep reach 5%, I hope they'd consider for a "Season 2" in golden timeslot. But if it move to golden slot, Yusuke said the title has to be changed to "Ouran High School Fun Hour", lol. (the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)

Tamaki \ Oh my god... Triumphant Tamaki HOORAY!!!
    awesome_nipples
    awesome_nipples
    Regular Client

Post by awesome_nipples Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:
    yanie wrote:Ep9 rating was 4.0%!! Highest rating for FRIDAY BREAK SLOT (Friday 24:20) so far! (highest before was 3.6% which was "ShimaShima" Ep2)

Tamaki \ Oh my god... Triumphant Tamaki HOORAY!!!

I can only but applaud!
    cheers
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:44 am

yanie wrote: But if it move to golden slot, Yusuke said the title has to be changed to "Ouran High School Fun Hour", lol. (the reason why the live-action is made a midnight drama was becoz of the 'Host Club' title)

Okay...I reread this and I guess I was so happy that the show's ratings were high that I missed this fact.

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!!!!!! Onion Outrage THAT'S THE REASON WHY THIS SHOW GOT A CRAPPY TIMESLOT?!!!!!!!!! BECAUSE OF IT'S NAME?!!!!!!!!!!!!......ugh Dead Onion
    cheesyfleas
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 am

Ouran Live Action Episode 9 - Page 2 Kyouya10
    loverholic-x
    loverholic-x
    Commoner

Post by loverholic-x Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

I finally watched this episode! Very Happy lol anyway, let's see...

1. Tamaki and his grandma...oh my god, how can Tamaki be like this, he was obviously greatly hurt but he never blames his grandma *crying* And the way Honey said he hated her *chills*

2. Hikaru/Kaoru I still love their story like how even being twins they're so different and Hikaru is still cluless as to everything is going on lately, especially involving their feelings, and how possesive he can be but Kaoru is like so selfless and just want his brother to understand and grow. *sobs*

3. like seriously though, KyoHon were more worried about "staying in character" than to stalk HikaHaru. They were all over each other and the eyesex, the touches and everything really, it was like I was witnessing something I really shouldn't but couldn't tear my eyes away.

4. Tamaki and his...tamakiness lol seriously though, can you like realize already that you really really like Haruhi and your feelings towards her are nothing like a father towards a child? ugh, seriously someone slap him...oh KyoHon already did Razz

5. TamaHaru...I'm sorry, I'm a hardcore TamaHaru shipper so I love their moments. although I agree that because of stupid time restraints they kinda have to rush their romance and push/diminish everyone else's feelings. But really, Haruhi being clueless and oblibvious and unconsiously relying more and more on Tamaki, wasn't that just so darn cute? *swoons*

Now, I felt that they went a little too serious with that scene like I felt Tamaki was about to shout to Hikaru or the other way around or soemthing, really it was kinda intense. and then more TamaHaru cuteness with Haruhi seeing Tamaki *swoons* But then...I don't know if you agree, seeing how everything is playing faster I don't think there will be more HikaHaru drama and just continue with TamaHaru. I dont' know what they said at the end but I felt it kinda like a silent -- maybe unconcious for some of them -- realization that Tamaki and Haruhi will be together. I don't know, I kinda felt that scene like that.
    abtomat
    abtomat
    Commoner

Post by abtomat Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 pm

thats so awesome! im so glad the drama is doing well despite its time slot!!!! i hope the next ep has a good turn out as well!!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:33 pm

abtomat wrote:

thats so awesome! im so glad the drama is doing well despite its time slot!!!! i hope the next ep has a good turn out as well!!

It's such great news for the production! Onion Thumbs Up
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 pm

I feel like I'm asking a stupid question...but I just finished watching episode 9 with subs and I don't get the whole 'Pandora's Box' thing. Can someone explain that to me? Sorry for my stupidness. Onion XD
    Keshia
    Keshia
    Host Club Member

Post by Keshia Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 am

The hun/kyo moment *_* i squeed. Not to mention how ADORABLE he looked dressed in that... dress! Very Happy Onion Nosebleed
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:47 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:I feel like I'm asking a stupid question...but I just finished watching episode 9 with subs and I don't get the whole 'Pandora's Box' thing.

The anime's ending themesong, SHISSOU's lyrics contains these lines.

Let's return those bitter days, won't you try opening it?
    The Pandora's box that imprisoned your dream

I want to think the drama's scriptwriter was inspired from that song Cunnin Onion Idea

Let's see what's Pandora's Box means according to Wikipedia.

Pandora's box is an artifact in Greek mythology, taken from the myth of Pandora's creation around line 60 of Hesiod's Works and Days. The "box" was actually a large jar given to Pandora ("all-gifted"), which contained all the evils of the world. When Pandora opened the jar, all its contents except for one item were released into the world. The one remaining item was Hope. Today, opening Pandora's box means to create evil that cannot be undone.

Now, onto the "Pandora's Box" line in Ouran... after learning what it means, I think the audience are free to interpret what it means.

But IMO, it simply means, Hikaru actually has had feelings for Haruhi for some time now, and with the Karuizawa happening, Hikaru finally realized his own feelings for her. Opening the Pandora's box, means Hikaru's buried, hidden feelings for Haruhi is finally released, and it can't be undone anymore. Kaoru thought it was him who opened the box, but Kyoya thought it doesn't necessarily mean it's his fault.

Such a touching moment Wooby Onion Eyes
    MangaMistrezz
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 am

(^) Ahhh....ok. I get it. Arigato gozaimasu!!!q^_^p Shissou is my favorite anime song EVER, but I always listen and sing to the english version- it's easier for me. But the 'Pandora's box' thing makes sense now...I totally cried on that scene- 50% because of the touching-ness of the moment, and 50% because of the song that played in the background. It was Kyouya's song!!!
    Otaku-Nipples
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Just re-watched the episode!

I love the bit where Nekozawa turns up at the beginning and the way he goes...

"Suou-Kun" (In a dark way)

"THANK YOU" Onion Skipping

I lol'ed
    Nipples Admin
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 pm

Otaku-Nipples wrote:love the ending with Tamaki forcing them to repeat after him...

THE HOST CLUB IS A FAMILY! Onion Laugh

That scene was so bittersweet for me, because Tamaki was shouting "THE HOST CLUB IS A FAMILY!" and it kept cutting to the scene with his grandma telling his father to abolish the club. The cutting back and forth was effective ;_;

MangaMistrezz wrote:I totally cried on that scene- 50% because of the touching-ness of the moment, and 50% because of the song that played in the background. It was Kyouya's song!!!

I think this song should be changed to the "unrequited love song" now, hahaha. It can play every time someone other than Tamaki stares sadly at Haruhi!
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:29 am

Nipples Admin wrote:I think this song should be changed to the "unrequited love song" now, hahaha. It can play every time someone other than Tamaki stares sadly at Haruhi!
    "unrequited love song" would be perfect! The song also played after Kirimi ranaway scared to see Nekozawa with the flashlight, afterall!^v^
    jade
    jade
    Takagicest

Post by jade Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

Otaku-Nipples wrote:Just re-watched the episode!
    I love the bit where Nekozawa turns up at the beginning and the way he goes...
    "Suou-Kun" (In a dark way)
    "THANK YOU" Onion Skipping
    I lol'ed

Ditto! I actually rewound it and watched that part again because Nekozawa made me LOL so hard there Big Laugh

Plus I think it was amazing when Tamaki's grandmother comes and and Honey-senpai says "I hate her"! It's never nice to hear something like that, but somehow when Honey-senpai says it in all seriousness, hating someone turns 1,000 times scarier (o_o)

BTW I just realized some other things when I was re-watching episode 9~ I've been a little angry for different reasons than most people have listed. I'm fine with Tamaki yelling in the street and being OOC, their stalker outfits being OOC, and even the church scene (though it's got a different feeling than the anime). I'm actually upset about the lack of Hikaru X Kaoru moments! BUT I think they did try to make it up to us in a few parts:

Spoiler:

So after all of Hikaru's flippant behavior towards Haruhi above and the lack of any real feeling when Haruhi says Tamaki will come for her... I don't feel so bad for Hikaru anymore. It seems as if he only feels friendship for Haruhi in this drama version, but because he's so new to these emotions, he's confusing friendship love with romantic love and he hasn't realized it yet. The only time it seems he actually "likes" her is in the church when he wraps his arm around her while she sleeps. But he ruins that image by saying out loud that she's an important FRIEND. He doesn't even really seem to sulk too much afterward. Sorry, HikaHaru fans. It just seems as if it's not meant to be a part of the live action Onion Wipes Sweat, h

KyoHaru and TamaHaru fans? You guys can fight it out XDD
    loverholic-x
    loverholic-x
    Commoner

Post by loverholic-x Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:17 pm

^It's completely understable and viable that they decide to take only the friendship route and not romantic with Twins/Haruhi because the main issue with the twins has always been that "their world was so small" they just had closed to each other and didn't allow anyone in or rather they didn't want to open themselves and after Host Club and Haruhi that changed but it was definitely hard and different journey for each one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm