Ouran Map!

seaweed
    Scholarship Student

Re: Ouran Map!

Post by seaweed on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Done! It's quite sad though that I'm the only one on this part of the world who appreciates Ouran T_T
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Unforseen problem: When there are too many markers, google splits some onto a new page. And you can't see all the pages at the same time. I've added "If you can't see your placemark, scroll down to the end of this sidebar and click the next pages!" into the description. Could someone try a japanese translation? I'd hate for people to think there were only as many fans as there are on the 1st page!

Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide - 世界中の「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化ファン!
    Please don't put your exact location, just the country or state you live in.
    Leave a message saying how much you love the drama! (put this in the description part of your placemark)

To add a placemark, Click 'edit' and then choose a placemark (the icon will be in the top left corner of the map), place it where you want.

Don't forget to put your nickname (no full names please!) in the title of the placemark and leave a little comment about how much you love the Ouran Live Action!

And remember, you can change the colours of your placemark too!

If you can't see your placemark, scroll down to the end of this sidebar and click the next pages!
    日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!

Raitei
    Ouran Student

Post by Raitei on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 pm

The map is such a great idea! So many placemarks!!!! Yay! It looks so cool and so populated now. It almost feels like a world domination! Gleaming Onion Eyes
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:04 pm

This might be a good idea...if it stops the different pages problem.

http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/2009/04/markerclusterer-solution-to-too-many.html

yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Isidarnipples wrote:I've added "If you can't see your placemark, scroll down to the end of this sidebar and click the next pages!" into the description. Could someone try a japanese translation? I'd hate for people to think there were only as many fans as there are on the 1st page!

I've added this:
    追加した目印が見つけられない場合、このパネルの下欄までスクロールして、「次へ」クリックしてください。

Just wondering, should we add "how to add markers" in Japanese too, for the Japanese fans?

Isidarnipples wrote:This might be a good idea...if it stops the different pages problem.

http://googlegeodevelopers.blogspot.com/2009/04/markerclusterer-solution-to-too-many.html
    Ooh!! That would be a good idea! Do you know how to do it?
    But I don't think it would have anything to do with the sidebar multiple pages.
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

In case anyone would like to use the short links to spread the Ouran Fans Map, please feel free to use these.

English page: http://bit.ly/nYxAuo

Japanese page: http://bit.ly/pTY5J2

Last edited by yanie on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 pm

@ yanie: No prob, babez....I already check the TBS website 2-3x a day and I also check the rankings once a week. It's no problem for me to check for any no-good Ouran hater comments on the map. If I find anything hateful- even one words likes 'sucks' I will definitely do this-------> Onion Outrage ... Onion Yellow Card .... Onion Red Card ... Onion To Kill

Oh yeah, I was wondering- Is there a way to see the total amount of fans on the map? Because I see alot of placemarks but I don't know how much Ouran Live Action worshippers there are.
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm just wondering, did you already add me, Cindy or Izzy? (cuz I know admins can see everyone's IPs, so you'd know where I live).
    It's just that there are two markers really close to where I live, and I know for a fact that I live in a really white upper-middle-class place, and there's hardly anyone (aside from my friends, who aren't big Ouran fans) who likes anime in the area. Neutral

Also, this is really cool, guys!

Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:53 am

Cinnamonipples wrote:I'm just wondering, did you already add me, Cindy or Izzy? (cuz I know admins can see everyone's IPs, so you'd know where I live).
    It's just that there are two markers really close to where I live, and I know for a fact that I live in a really white upper-middle-class place, and there's hardly anyone (aside from my friends, who aren't big Ouran fans) who likes anime in the area. Neutral

Also, this is really cool, guys!

Nah, that's too close to stalking. XD I didn't do it.

And @yanie

It might be a good idea to translate how to add markers too. And I don't really know how to, but I can keep looking into it (and download that program). The main thing I think would be helpful about it is that it groups the markers into clusters and then shows numbers for how many markers there are in that area. What I'm thinking is that hopefully that takes inot account all of the markers, and not just the ones on the first page.

awesome_nipples
    Regular Client

Post by awesome_nipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:58 am

could you put me on the map ? pleeaaaasseeeeee
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 am

It seems markerclusters...is beyond me. Onion OTL

But I did figure out there are 200 markers per page! So we're up to 242 at the moment (actually, if you make a marker without giving it a title/description, it tells you the number of the marker you just made..)

awesome_nipples wrote:could you put me on the map ? pleeaaaasseeeeee

And sure! Nickname/Colour of marker/Message/Location? (If you don't want to say location, I can make a guess from your IP address)

Actually, I can only see IP addresses when people are online. not sure how Ele was seeing them. Hmm..

yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:42 am

yanie wrote:日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!(To Japanese fans, please add yourself too!)

Seem like this sentence has been deleted again?

I'll see what I can do with the Japanese version of "how to add markers" Smile
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 am

Yeah, you can only see a person's IP when they're online. And 242 placemarks on only the first day, that's awesome!

Should someone try to share the map on Japanese sites like 2ch?

Also, every time you update the description box with what we should put (instructions, Japanese text, etc.), re-post it on the forum so that if any of us see that the description has been changed it'll be easy for us to copy and paste it back again!

Post by yanie on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:47 am

Nipples Admin wrote:Should someone try to share the map on Japanese sites like 2ch?
    Done that since 6 hours ago!! Onion Thumbs Up But so far, no response... seem like they're not interested Corner of Woe

I've also tagged my tweet with #ouran, in the hope the Japanese fans would see it, when they search #ouran on twitter.

Any other suggestion of Japanese fans community, a place to spread the link?
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:16 am

This is amazing, I really feel like we can get them to see how much we love Ouran~!
    Plus there's more messages on the Ouran site,
    Another one of mine got put on YOSH! Onion Laugh
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:39 am

Success! View the full map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050%26output%3Dkml&hl=en&ll=34.307144,-17.578125&spn=148.012457,336.796875&sll=31.952162,-102.65625&sspn=176.317789,313.59375&vpsrc=6&z=2&iwloc=lyrftr:kml:c37FEfgJwZinig_Ig0lFfsHAeuXxLuXpMHiEU75FF6VF-ju1Q5Eff5OsQ,g77da15ecc3a347da,53.120405,-103.359375,0,-32

But that link is viewing only. There is no editing option (but it bypasses the 'pages'). The downside of this one is that you can't see the comments in the sidebar (You can still read them if you click on placemarks). But I guess when we show it to people we can use both? One as an overall view and one to look through comments?

Also! An embeddable version!

View Larger Map

Code:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050%26output%3Dkml&hl=en&sll=31.952162,-102.65625&sspn=176.317789,313.59375&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=15.961329,-0.703125&spn=152.331624,336.796875&output=embed"></iframe>
    <small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com%2Fmaps%2Fms%3Fie%3DUTF%26msa%3D0%26msid%3D212055321941659970419.0004ac188271f8dbd9050%26output%3Dkml&hl=en&sll=31.952162,-102.65625&sspn=176.317789,313.59375&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=15.961329,-0.703125&spn=152.331624,336.796875&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:41 am

OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL

Too bad we can't see the messages in the sidebar for the viewing-only one unless you randomly click on the placemarks. When we send the map to the Ouran crew which link should we send?

EDIT: Whoa whoa, did you edit your comment that answered exactly my questions?! Or did I not read properly? IT'S ALMOST 1 AM OKAY *shuts up*

Last edited by Nipples Admin on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:43 am

Nipples Admin wrote:OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL

I'm kind of proud how many UK fans there are!
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:51 am

Hahaha, Cindy, I edited. XD I reckon it'd be okay to send two links. One to view the map in full and one to read the comments.

enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 am

Added myself in Japan...maybe this will encourage the Japanese fans to add themselves.
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:42 am

I've added Japanese translation on the main description box.

Ouran Live Action Fans Worldwide - 世界中の「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化ファン!

[NOTE: The description box to leave your message is when you click on the placemark button on the map, not this box.]
    「注意:コメントする所は目印を追加したあとのボックスです。この「説明」ボックスではありません。」

Please don't put your exact location, just the country or state you live in.
    正確の位置を示さないでください。国や県で結構です。

To add a placemark, Click 'edit' and then choose a placemark (the icon will be in the top left corner of the map), place it where you want.
    目印を追加するため、「編集」をクリックし、地図の左上にある目印をクリックし、自分の位置にクリックしてください。

Don't forget to put your nickname (no full names please!) in the title of the placemark and leave a little comment about how much you love the Ouran Live Action! And remember, you can change the colours of your placemark too!
    目印のタイトルにハンドルネーム(本名は書かないでください)を入れてください。そうして、「桜蘭高校ホスト部」実写化に対する感想もお願いします。ボックスの右上にある目印をクリックすれば、目印の形や色を変えることもできます。

If you can't see your placemark, scroll down to the end of this sidebar and click the next pages!
    追加した目印が見つけられない場合、このパネルの下欄までスクロールして、「次へ」クリックしてください。

日本のファンの皆様もぜひ参加してください!

Hope it doesn't look too crowded XD
    cheesyfleas
    Scholarship Student

Post by cheesyfleas on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:09 am

Wow, lots of stuff's been happening. Well done, you lot! Onion Thumbs Up
    I edited the first post here with the embedded map and the new description, not for any particular reason but because it looks cool.
    I've been wondering if there's any point to linking to the tumblr and forum from the map page. I suppose most people on there came from one place or other anyway, and it'd just make everything more crowded... What do you think?
    And I'm still leaving the everyone-edit option on for now.
    I'mma go and have a fiddle with the cluster thing, but no promises that it'll work for us.

(also, my photobook just came in the post... Haruhi Aw Yeah )

Edit: So I've just had a quick look at the cluster page, but it looks as though you're meant to use all that code before you add all the placemarks (though I may be wrong, it was a very quick look Wink ). I don't feel up to sorting through 200+ markers right now. I suppose we could have another look at it if there are loads of placemarks (like, another few hundred) but for now it's bearable. Basically I'm giving up in favour of lazing around Razz
    Isidarnipples
    Shadow Queen

Post by Isidarnipples on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 am

hahaha, and I gave up because I didn't know how/what to do with the scripts. Or more what I'd edit into it. i thought it looked like a thing you did after, and then you could add markers later only through the clusters or something.

MangaMistrezz
    #1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:55 am

Nipples Admin wrote:OMG IT IS BEAUTIFUL

*Sniff* It really is right? I'm so proud of us...I think I'm gonna cry! Tamaki \
    We're like the ultimate fans ever and what's even better is that I'm pretty sure our efforts aren't going to waste. The producers actually DO listen and care for what we think. They're awesome! And I also think that we should wait for at least a week before we send in the map- it gives us time to get more placemarks and maybe by then, we can solve all the problems we are having with the map.

We should send it after episode 8 or 9 is aired.
    blackbalsam
    Scholarship Student

Post by blackbalsam on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 am

MangaMistrezz wrote:

*Sniff* It really is right? I'm so proud of us...I think I'm gonna cry! Tamaki \
    We're like the ultimate fans ever and what's even better is that I'm pretty sure our efforts aren't going to waste. The producers actually DO listen and care for what we think. They're awesome! And I also think that we should wait for at least a week before we send in the map- it gives us time to get more placemarks and maybe by then, we can solve all the problems we are having with the map.

We should send it after episode 8 or 9 is aired.

Exactly what I think and as for idea about sending in later, very nice, we'll get even more people. I mean, gettin over 200 in a day is already something and I believe there are fans who still haven't got their hands on this information.

That said, and I know, I know it's too early to talk about but for future sake, what's the plan for the map? Will it be open for Ouran fans even after it is sent to producers?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 am