Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Fujioka Haruhi
usa-chan
HopeHazard
MangaMistrezz
Fidei-Avi
Raitei
Cinnamonipples
Isidarnipples
Otaku-Nipples
Keshia
14 posters

Curious as to how YOU got into liking Anime/manga/asian stuff?

Beelzenef
    Beelzenef
    Regular Client

Curious as to how YOU got into liking Anime/manga/asian stuff? - Page 2 Empty Re: Curious as to how YOU got into liking Anime/manga/asian stuff?

Post by Beelzenef Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:45 pm

My first Anime/Manga was Pokemon, but I played the games more than watched/read about it. That was early on, like Elementary School. We had a huge little cult in 2nd grade where we all traded Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Razz
    Though, in Middle School, we had a heritage day. Obviously, I started getting into the actual asian cultures and things, not just anime/manga. I like the food, the most. Onion :3 Sigh Mmmm, the food. I always try and make the food.
    Though, offically my first manga and anime was Ouran. Onion Laugh I'm such a noob.
    Minzgruen
    Minzgruen
    Scholarship Student

Curious as to how YOU got into liking Anime/manga/asian stuff? - Page 2 Empty Re: Curious as to how YOU got into liking Anime/manga/asian stuff?

Post by Minzgruen Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:29 am

Of course, I also watched Pokémon, Digimon, Ranma 1/2 and Dragenball Z... but that's not exactly, how I got into liking Anime/Manga.

There were this girl in my class, I think I was 14 or something. Actually, I didn't even like her, but she loved already Ayumi Hamasaki and had some Manga. So she borrowed me a few of them. The Manga was called "Kodomo no omocha" and I instantly fell in love with it.

So I started to buy my own Manga and that's how it began (: Actually, I'm really glad to met her.

Yub, and then came Ouran!
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 am

Back when I was in Elementary School (about 6 - 9 years old) animes where airing on a German TV channel. I watched Digimon, Inuyasha and stuff like that.

Later I wanted to rewatch them on the internet, so I found many more animes (Naruto first, then Bleach.. the typical way. Laughing )
    Then I became interested in the Japanese culture, too, started listening to J-Rock and became a huge Visual Kei fan.

I got into dramas waaay later, because I liked the korean singer Bi Rain and he acted in "Full House". After Full House I just kind of started with the next and the next...

and now I only watch drama. Wink
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:53 am

Which Visual Kei bands do you like? Very Happy
    I don't listen to as much Visual Kei as I used to but I still do listen to it, and I think the band I like most right now is SuG.
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 am

SuG just started when I stopped listening to Visual Kei.

I was more into the old stuff - X (before they became X Japan), Malice Mizer, Pierrot, Dir en grey (back when they were VK Wink), Luna Sea, MUCC, Balzac, Penicillin and so on.

New bands I liked..
    I guess D'espairsRay, Nightmare (at least some of their songs), Unsraw, Gilgämesh, Kagerou, even some Gazette and Alice Nine stuff. Wink

Nowadays I rarely listen to any Japanese music, but SOMETIMES I feel like X Japan. Others are really rare. I love you
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 am

oh man I hardly listen to Nightmare anymore but they were what got me into Japanese music in a bigger way than "hey one J-pop song, that's catchy, I'll listen to it a few times and then forget about it", so I feel like I owe a lot of my current interests, at least in music, to them. >w< Even though I hardly listen to them anymore, I'm not taking down the...oh, six, I think? posters I have of them in my room. XD
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:39 am

You actually have posters? I always wanted some, but there were only those from this totally creepy German teenage-magazine BRAVO. So I pasted my room with the BRAVO-posters and it was really embarrassing. I wonder if I still have photos left.. Laughing

Nightmare were also one of my first bands. Well, one of the first 20 at least. I really liked them back then, bought their CDs (while I'd normally only download) and wrote fanfiction.. Twisted Evil

EDIT: I guess I do. These are the only ones..: Embarassed

Spoiler:

Ooops, this is really off-topic. Onion Blush

Last edited by devitto on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:02 pm

These are the J-rock posters I have (usually we put images in spoiler tags here in case someone has a crappy computer, so pages load faster for them):

Spoiler:

So, what kind of fanfiction?
    Cunnin Onion Idea
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Isshi died??! Shocked

Now this is a huge shock. I actually listened to them.. I think I need to do some research.

Those posters are way better than mine.. Wink

(You don't really want to know about the fanfictions. I was 15 and I was BAD at writing and I had weird ideas. Laughing - And they're in German. Wink)

I actually wrote about all those fluffy bands.
    Alice Nine, the Gazette, Miyavi (well, band.. Cool). But also about D'espairsRay and (mainly) Dir en grey and even X! I was weird. Neutral
    Tacoko
    Tacoko
    GD's Imaginary Wife

Post by Tacoko Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 pm

o3o I REALLY got into it when I found out that shows like Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon and Digimon were actually anime from Japan. I started really getting into it in middle school and I remember buying a shit load of manga one time and getting hooked. xD I never turned back sense. xD

I love it, and even my mom and my brother like the shows I watch. And we know how some parents are all like...they like to bug out over it, but my mom is cool. xD
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 pm

devitto wrote:Isshi died??! Shocked

Now this is a huge shock. I actually listened to them.. I think I need to do some research.

Those posters are way better than mine.. Wink

(You don't really want to know about the fanfictions. I was 15 and I was BAD at writing and I had weird ideas. Laughing - And they're in German. Wink)

I actually wrote about all those fluffy bands.
    Alice Nine, the Gazette, Miyavi (well, band.. Cool). But also about D'espairsRay and (mainly) Dir en grey and even X! I was weird. Neutral
    I was shocked too! I found out around a month after it happened, since I wasn't really keeping tabs on them. I knew they'd disbanded but not that he'd died. It was like, "oh...okay in his honour, that poster with him is never ever coming off my wall."

haha well if they're in German then I wouldn't be able to read them anyways so whatever. XD
    I used to read a lot of J-rock fanfiction...Now I don't read as much because my current favourite J-music pairing doesn't have many fanfictions in English. (I found one in Thai once, but Google Translate made such a mess of it that I wasn't even sure what was going on...something about a horse doctor?)
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Ouch! Google translator more than sucks.

There are actually SO MANY german J-Rock fanfictions that even I (who read nonstop for 3 years) didn't get them all on even one site.
    There are some good ones, but most of them are just really bad with all the band members (except they're unattractive) being gay (and I normally don't hate slash) and falling for eachother.

And that's about what I wrote back then, too. Embarassed

What's your favorite pairing? Smile
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Favourite pairing right now is Piko and Sekihan! They're two amazing artists who both got their fame from doing Vocaloid covers and posting them to Nico Nico Douga. Piko's gone major now and is doing original work, but Sekihan still mostly does covers and is active on NND. They can both sing in both male and female voices, it's pretty impressive. Sekihan's amazing at imitations, too.
    A lot of people ship them actually, mostly because of their duets, specifically this one. XD (Piko's the black haired one, Sekihan's the brown haired one.)

(when I still listened to Nightmare my biggest OTP was Ruka/Yomi. X3 also I liked Sakito/Hitsugi but apparently that one is less common.)
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Haha, okay I guess I understand where people get their ideas from.. Laughing

Though I've never heard of them before, maybe because I don't like Vocaloid. They have nice voices. Smile

(Ruka / Yomi was my favorite Nightmare-Ship, too. Not surprising with all the fanservice they did. Hitsugi was my favorite member, though. Cool)
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:50 pm

I always liked Sakito best! :3
    (which is why I love that he did a nude photoshoot. I'd gradually stopped listening to them by that point but it was like "I'VE BEEN A FAN OF THEM FOR FOUR YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN SAKITO SHIRTLESS. I AM GETTING THIS MAGAZINE.")

and lol yeah Ruka/Yomi, the fanservice was awesome. X3
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 pm

My best friend back then also liked Sakito the best. She always loved the girly boys, I liked the freaky ones. We actually only ONCE liked the same member best - Ryo from Gilgämesh. Laughing

Ruka and Yomi gave me many ideas for fanfiction.. and roleplaygames (which I played with said best friend), too! We did it all the time. Feels so nostalgic.. :3 Nodding
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 pm

meanwhile there was a time where I was pretty sure I'd read every single English Ruka/Yomi fanfiction on the internet, even the really horrible ones, and they're definitely a more popular pairing than Sekihan/Piko. >w< That stuff was like my lifeblood.
    There were so few Sakito/Hitsugi ones that I pretty much cheered whenever I found one. XD
    (...like I do now for Sekihan/Piko ones. Very Happy somebody posted a really adorable one for them last night and I was like "I DON'T CARE IF MY SHOULDER IS CRAMPED AND FEELS LIKE DYING, I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.")
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 pm

I know that feeling. I read every single Reita / Ruki (Gazette) and all the Dir en grey ones. And some of them were absolutely horrible.. Laughing

But now I have to search for Sekihan / Piko ones. I wonder if Germans write about them, too.. Wink

EDIT: Weird, I can't find any.. am I right in the "J-Rock / J-Pop" Category? confused

Or do they have other names? Or a band / duet name? Shocked
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:54 pm

They go by AkaPikoHammer (which makes more sense in Japanese characters X3) when they duet together, although since they haven't in a while, most fanfiction authors don't usually list them by that name.
    I've found an author on deviantART (and talked to her) and one on LiveJournal (who also posts to Tumblr, and I've talked to her a bit too XD), and then a few random one scattered around.
    Since they're a little more obscure it's probably harder to find stuff on them. J-Rock/J-Pop should be right, though.

once I read a Ruka/Yomi fanfic that had no paragraph breaks and the most atrocious grammar I have ever seen in a fanfic. It was like reading a really long text message. XD Also the sex scene consisted of "they made love afew times." Spelled just like that. >w< It was painful.
    devitto
    devitto
    Ouran Student

Post by devitto Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm

I guess there just aren't any authors around here.. Wink

The most horrible ones are those that use smileys to show emotions and don't know any commas (which is worse in German because if you want to write correctly, you actually have to use LOTS of commas and it looks awful without. It's not that bad in English, at least not for me Very Happy).

And those that consist of:
    Meeting eachother
    Love on first sight
    Weird accident where they end up kissing
    Then "I love you" "I love you too"
    Sleeping with eachother
    The END.

If they have a next part, it's:
    Being happy
    Someone cheats
    The other tries to commit suicide
    The other saves him
    Kiss, make up, sex, end.

Onion OTL

I also hate Author Notes that are all over the text! Like..

And he went to the supermarket to buy some more soda (A/N: Yaay I love soda!!) and then went back home. He met his ex girlfriend on the way (A/N: I hate those situations!!!!) and they fought really bad..

Onion To Kill

Or those that have links in them.

He wore a really sexy outfit (LINK) with black boots (LINK). Their apartment was really modern and nice (LINK).

Onion Tantrum
    Cinnamonipples
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Haha, links are a sure way to make yourself look like a lazy author. X3

And yeah, I hate it when fanfics have that same construction. (unless it's really well written. >w<)

But at least those are readable...the one I'm talking about was like
    Tamaki Seriously

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm