Total Votes: 96
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Re: Ouran Live Action Episode 5

Post by Cinnamonipples on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 pm

yeah uh
    I think even if you don't like Kyouya, that was pretty epic. XD

I'm still definitely a TamaHaru shipper though, and I thought the hug scene was adorable. Very Happy

There was also lots of nipples. AND IT WAS GOOD.

nessayavi
    Commoner

Post by nessayavi on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:16 pm

I read your comments and I get more and more impatient!
    I'm full of spoilers XD

Haruhi and Tamaki!! Spoiler alert episode 5
    Spoiler:
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 pm

nessayavi wrote:I read your comments and I get more and more impatient!
    I'm full of spoilers XD

Spoiler:
    Kyaaaa~~~!!! Thank you so much!!! Awww~~ TamaHaru so lovelyyy! Onion Daydreaming

Here you go! RAW Streaming for Episode5! Onion Drinks Tea
    Part1: http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=35112775
    Part2: http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=35112803
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:22 pm

I LOVED that episode!

MOstly because of the TamaHaru part, because they are just soooo cute!!

BUt I was positively surprised about panicked Kyouya... I really like him more in the liveaction than in the manga xD His whole scene was epic.

This episode was made of epicness :DDD
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

yanie wrote:
    I'm full of spoilers XD

Spoiler:
    Kyaaaa~~~!!! Thank you so much!!! Awww~~ TamaHaru so lovelyyy! Onion Daydreaming

OMFG!! Onion Splutter

After seeing those GIF's with TamaHaru and KyouHaru I was fangirling so much Onion Nosebleed

Thank you thank you thank you 'yanie' for the streams...seriously, like a boss Onion Thumbs Up
    KiraKiraNipples
    Scholarship Student

Post by KiraKiraNipples on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:56 pm

I managed to watch it when I got home. xD
    I was all like, 'OMFG. I LOVE YOU EVEN MORE SHUNSUKE-KUN!!! <3'
    Seriously. I wasn't able to control myself.
    My brother and my mom was thinking something was wrong with me, since I was screaming while watching.
    nessayavi
    Commoner

Post by nessayavi on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:28 pm

yanie wrote:
    I'm full of spoilers XD

Spoiler:

Thanks so much to you for the links!!! Onion Skipping
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:28 pm

After rewatching it again, there's no doubt I'm still a TamaHaru shipper! Yokatta~ LOL! But yes, yes... Kyoya is, of course, beyond awesome too Onion Daydreaming I'll be shipping KyoHaru a bit Onion XD

Kyoya's line after he recalled what he did in the afternoon:
    Spoiler:
    "I guess I'm the weird one... why would I do that though there's no profit from it..." Awww.... Kyoya Onion Daydreaming
    In the manga, Honey-sempai always mentioned that Kyoya have feelings for Haruhi too, but tbh, I never see that. Which moment ever hints that?
    Besides the obvious Tamaki and Hikaru, I can see that Kaoru also kinda have feelings for Haruhi (though he loves Hikaru alot more)^^ But, Kyoya??
    So I absolutely love the live-action's original/additional plot/scenes on this!^^ Kinda complete the original manga story.

I kept repeating TamaHaru scene!!! They're so cute! Wooby Onion Eyes I love Haruhi's expressions in the scene... aww~

Loved Mori-sempai's
    Spoiler:
    "Shinpai shita (we were worried)..." line ^v^

And I'll say it once again, I LOVED the twin's snychronized lines, seem like they have practiced alot to recite them!^v^

No doubt BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!! I guess NO GUEST STAR would always be a winning episode. (ack, wait... that might change with Ranka-san ^v^) I want more episodes like this, with the main characters' development and progress!!*v*

Now, I need the HD quality video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KaoruHitachiin
    Scholarship Student

Post by KaoruHitachiin on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:30 pm

someone should REALLY make some gifs of the last part of the episode, oh my god it was epic. I love everyone <3
    seaweed
    Scholarship Student

Post by seaweed on Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Oh wow thanks! OMG KyoHaru!!! Dead Onion Damn that additional scene was awesome. Makes me like Daito even more. Wooby Onion Eyes
    nessayavi
    Commoner

Post by nessayavi on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't understand Japanese XD but love the episode!, I'll make some gifs =D
    TamaHaru ♥
    Kyoya! ♥
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:51 pm

Kyouya shirtless is to me. . .

as direct sunlight is to a stick of butter. . . . Onion Sweat

Laughing Boy I really need to be slapped hard, don't I. . .?

#1 Ouran Supporter

Post by MangaMistrezz on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am

I just saw the KyoHaru scene....
    Wooby Onion Eyes :<3: I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!! :<3:
    I love TamaHaru and I'm still rooting for them...but that KyoHaru scene... Onion Nosebleed Seriously...
    From these last 2 episodes, Kyouya is very close to being my favorite character in the live action. I'm surprised too-Kyouya isn't really my fave character in the manga or anime. My favorite moment in this episode- and possibly the entire series so far- is when Kyouya is outside the room and we see that he jumped in to save Haruhi too. When they showed that memory and the music that was playing in the background...I cried. It was so sweet and my heart went out to Kyouya. I was pleasantly surprised about this new development. Instead of a Hikaru/Kaoru/Haruhi love triangle, maybe we'll get a KyoHaru couple in this live action? Or maybe we'll get BOTH!!! cheers
    Onion Thumbs Up I approve!!!! Go Ouran!!! Go TamaHaru!!! Go KyoHaru!!! Onion Love Eyes
    Cinnamonipples
    Yusuke's Bum
    Yusuke's Bum

Post by Cinnamonipples on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 am

hahaha I'll probably cry when I watch it again, hopefully with subs (I cry at stuff like that XD).
    But there's just something about watching the show in crappy, lagging quality and at the same time chatting and fangirling with a bunch of girls with capslock on, it doesn't quite evoke tears. >w< (IT'S FUN THOUGH.)
    alyxsandria
    Commoner

Post by alyxsandria on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:59 am

I think it was a bad idea to eat nachos while watching this episode. I almost choked on one when Haruhi walked out of the bathroom and saw Kyouya (Daito Shunsuke, you are officially the hottest asian man I've ever seen). And the music when they showed the flashback! So beautiful! It added to the emotions so well. Does anyone know the song they used? I would totally love to have it on my iPod.
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:08 am

alyxsandria wrote:And the music when they showed the flashback! So beautiful! It added to the emotions so well. Does anyone know the song they used? I would totally love to have it on my iPod.
    I believe that's the original soundtrack bgm track of this drama. I hope they'll decide to release the OST cd for sell!
    enggrrl
    Renge-taku

Post by enggrrl on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:04 am

I was so mad at myself, I was watching something else that was supposed to end at 12:15, but due to sports didn't end until 12:45...I realized at 12:35 that I was missing Ouran and changed the channel...just in time for the Kyouya scene..and then I nearly died! DAYMN! That boy should be in the dictionary right beside Mary Poppins (Practically perfect in every way). I will be watching the raws to see what I missed...
    Otaku-Nipples
    Host Club Member

Post by Otaku-Nipples on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:32 am

OMG, seriously, when I watched the episode last night I kept replaying Kyouya's flashback!

I actually nearly started crying

Onion Runs Away
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 am

Ouran High School host Club 5 - No fangirl has ever been that happy about a closet in the background. LOL XD
    JennyJukes
    Commoner

Post by JennyJukes on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:02 am

yanie wrote:After rewatching it again, there's no doubt I'm still a TamaHaru shipper! Yokatta~ LOL! But yes, yes... Kyoya is, of course, beyond awesome too Onion Daydreaming I'll be shipping KyoHaru a bit Onion XD

Kyoya's line after he recalled what he did in the afternoon:
    Spoiler:
    "I guess I'm the weird one... why would I do that though there's no profit from it..." Awww.... Kyoya Onion Daydreaming
    In the manga, Honey-sempai always mentioned that Kyoya have feelings for Haruhi too, but tbh, I never see that. Which moment ever hints that?
    Besides the obvious Tamaki and Hikaru, I can see that Kaoru also kinda have feelings for Haruhi (though he loves Hikaru alot more)^^ But, Kyoya??
    So I absolutely love the live-action's original/additional plot/scenes on this!^^ Kinda complete the original manga story.

I kept repeating TamaHaru scene!!! They're so cute! Wooby Onion Eyes I love Haruhi's expressions in the scene... aww~

Loved Mori-sempai's
    Spoiler:
    "Shinpai shita (we were worried)..." line ^v^

And I'll say it once again, I LOVED the twin's snychronized lines, seem like they have practiced alot to recite them!^v^

No doubt BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!! I guess NO GUEST STAR would always be a winning episode. (ack, wait... that might change with Ranka-san ^v^) I want more episodes like this, with the main characters' development and progress!!*v*

Now, I need the HD quality video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'm the same, in the manga/anime i never realized kyoya or kaoru had feelings for haruhi until honey said. i wonder if mori did?
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Post by yanie on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:10 am

JennyJukes wrote:i'm the same, in the manga/anime i never realized kyoya or kaoru had feelings for haruhi until honey said. i wonder if mori did?
    Mori did? You mean he knows abt Kyoya/Kaoru having feelings for Haruhi?

Just re-reading the manga again, this is my analysis of the whole love relationship in the manga:

Spoiler:
    IMHO, up to Chapter 45, where the Host Club members (plus Mei-chan) goes to Hitachiin's residence, "OURAN" was not about romance. Although there were the beach thunder scene, the Karuizawa thunder scene, etc, while those LOOKED romantic, those were actually simply just deepened friendship, none of them have feelings yet, more than friendship. (or in Tamaki's case, he always thinks it's parents' love) Of course, the romantic feelings grew slowly. But "Ouran" is really more about the friendship/family bond between the Host Club members, because basically they are all lonely individuals who finds each other. That's the point of the story, at least, for the first half^^
    But of course, what's a shojo manga without romance, right? I guess that's why Bisco Hatori started to writing the romances.
    Started in Chapter 45, when Honey-sempai asked, "Kao-chan, are you in love with Haruhi?". I guess that was finally the start of the romance. So Honey made Kaoru realized his feelings for Haruhi. Kaoru made Hikaru realized. Hikaru made Tamaki realized. And, Haruhi realized her feelings for Tamaki. And all the confessions and the giving-ups^^

So who loves Haruhi? That would be Tamaki and Hikaru, the obvious ones. Kyoya and Kaoru, the hidden ones. But I really can't see which part of Kyoya have feelings for Haruhi more than a friend XD It's only Honey-sempai saying it.
    Kaoru once realized and faced his own feelings for Haruhi, so I guess he should be in the 'obvious' category, but since he gave up so fast, stepping down so Hikaru can move forward, I choose Kaoru to be in the 'hidden' category.
    I guess from some Honey-Kyoya conversation, I'll take it that Kyoya is stepping down for Tamaki's sake. But I still can't see any moment that shows Kyoya loves Haruhi as a girl XD (though, I love the "Dept.Store Kyoya" episode so much! can't believe this won't make it to the live-action Onion T_T)

Meanwhile, Honey(despite his childish behaviours and appearance) and Mori really acts like the older brothers in the group, watching the others out in the background. And when the twin faced their most difficult times, Honey and Mori held the roles of comforting them in separated places. I really love this story, btw, the twin trying to figure things out and grow mature by temporarily separated.
    I can't believe there's no hints yet that there will be an episode dedicated to Honey-Mori in the live-action Onion Anger It's just too short!!

The problem is, we don't know whether the live-action will immediately take the romantic-like scenes (which really meant as a sign of friendship bond in the manga) to the REAL romance level, or stay true to the manga. If they have no plans for sequel for now, they might really taking it up to the real romance level soon. But if they're taking it slowly with the romance, there might be chance that they're planning a sequel already Onion XD

Back to Episode 5, I guess with the additional Kyoya scene, they're trying to push the romance from now on? But I really can't say yet, before I see the next episodes. Ep6 and Ep8 would leave no room for any romance development based on the hints. There's small possibility in Ep7. But I guess we can confirm the Karuizawa episode will be another romantic episode.

To be honest, I actually I like Ouran the way it is so far. Less romance, makes it different than the other current shojo-manga dramas (HanaKimi, Ikemen desune), and it even distinguishes it with the legendary Hana Yori Dango. They should keep holding back the romance as much as they can, so when finally there's a romantic scene, it would feel just 10x awesome than it suppose to be^^ I guess that's what so nice about Ouran and made me addicted. It kept holding back the romance for so long with the main characters' denials, and yet its not draggy at all, and it's still fun to watch even with the lack of romance^^

Sorry for the long rants, I need a place to get it out of my head Corner of Woe
    Careline
    Scholarship Student

Post by Careline on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 am

Since they said it's gonna be a love-comedy drama I think they might begin pushing the lovetriangle now. But as you mentioned I don't see how there could be much romance happening in the next episode, except Tamaki being awesome again and Haruhi staring at him or so.
    But the Karuizawa episode is perfect for that, and if it's going to be adouble episode it will be even better and I really hope that Arai-kun will show up, but I'm kinda certain that he will now xD
    Mrs.Takagi
    #1 Takagi Princess

Post by Mrs.Takagi on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:28 pm

yanie wrote:
    To be honest, I actually I like Ouran the way it is so far. Less romance, makes it different than the other current shojo-manga dramas (HanaKimi, Ikemen desune), and it even distinguishes it with the legendary Hana Yori Dango. They should keep holding back the romance as much as they can, so when finally there's a romantic scene, it would feel just 10x awesome than it suppose to be^^ I guess that's what so nice about Ouran and made me addicted. It kept holding back the romance for so long with the main characters' denials, and yet its not draggy at all, and it's still fun to watch even with the lack of romance^^

I definitely have to agree with that statement. AsI mentioned before on one of the other threads, I'm not really into shipping/pairing together fictional characters (actually, my favorite couple of the show is Hikaru and Kaoru Twisted Evil ). So whether it's Haruhi and Kyouya or Haruhi and Tamaki or Haruhi and Hikaru. . .I really don't have a preference. I don't mind the hints of a love triangle, or the characters having romantic feelings for each other, but personally, I enjoy the "less romance, more comedy" aspect of Ouran the best.

My favorite part is just exploring the crazy, diverse personalities of all the characters and watching them interact with each other. Very Happy
    Nipples Admin
    Your Sexy Admin from Tumblr

Post by Nipples Admin on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:02 pm

A raw link on DramaCrazy is up!: http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/ouran-high-school-host-club-episode-5/

I wasn't able to participate in the live chat so I FINALLY got to watch it just now. I agree with yanie about the pacing, but I think they sped up the events a little just so that the KyoHaru and TamaHaru scenes could last as long as they can. I loved every scene in Nekozawa's mansion much more than the scenes at the beach.

I laughed at all the Tamaki and Haruhi scenes when they were fighting over dinner! Particularly when:

Spoiler:
    Tamaki was staring fondly at Haruhi, then pulled his hands down and we could see his nosebleed. HE WAS JUST SO RIDICULOUS-LOOKING, IT WAS HILARIOUS. And also when Haruhi offered Tamaki a crab leg, it was so funny to see him get excited as happy music plays and then he realizes it's an empty shell. Thus reaffirms that Tamaki and Haruhi are hilarious together.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, BUT I STARTED CRYING WHEN:

Spoiler:
    They revealed that Kyouya had dived in after Haruhi and had been panicked/distressed over her. It was just so touching and unexpected for me that I started tearing up. I never liked the KyoHaru bedroom scene because I take rape seriously and it bothered me that Haruhi would call Kyouya a nice guy for trying to teach her a lesson - I know that Kyouya wouldn't have raped her, but with so early an episode in both the anime/manga, we never saw any indications that he was truly caring because all he'd shown so far was his cold and greedy facade. So to have Haruhi praise him after he pretended to rape her never really passed well for me.

BUT when they added those flashbacks to Kyouya diving after Haruhi, that was the BEST scene for me because it properly showed that he does care. The live action made sure to humanize Kyouya before this episode with him helping Haruhi find her wallet, giving Renge the keys, and this time, diving after Haruhi. So I was very content with the addition they made to support Haruhi's claim about Kyouya's character.

A lot of people are being converted to KyoHaru but don't worry yanie, I still love my TamaHaru! I think the way they were sitting was awkward, but jumping out of a closet and hugging someone would be difficult to transition in live action anyway. The expressions and faces they had totally made up for it though - Haruhi's teary face and Tamaki's caring expression and stroking her head was just <333333

Post by Babyface21 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Nipples Admin wrote:A raw link on DramaCrazy is up!: http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/ouran-high-school-host-club-episode-5/

I wasn't able to participate in the live chat so I FINALLY got to watch it just now. I agree with yanie about the pacing, but I think they sped up the events a little just so that the KyoHaru and TamaHaru scenes could last as long as they can. I loved every scene in Nekozawa's mansion much more than the scenes at the beach.

I laughed at all the Tamaki and Haruhi scenes when they were fighting over dinner! Particularly when:

Spoiler:
    Tamaki was staring fondly at Haruhi, then pulled his hands down and we could see his nosebleed. HE WAS JUST SO RIDICULOUS-LOOKING, IT WAS HILARIOUS. And also when Haruhi offered Tamaki a crab leg, it was so funny to see him get excited as happy music plays and then he realizes it's an empty shell. Thus reaffirms that Tamaki and Haruhi are hilarious together.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, BUT I STARTED CRYING WHEN:

Spoiler:
    They revealed that Kyouya had dived in after Haruhi and had been panicked/distressed over her. It was just so touching and unexpected for me that I started tearing up. I never liked the KyoHaru bedroom scene because I take rape seriously and it bothered me that Haruhi would call Kyouya a nice guy for trying to teach her a lesson - I know that Kyouya wouldn't have raped her, but with so early an episode in both the anime/manga, we never saw any indications that he was truly caring because all he'd shown so far was his cold and greedy facade. So to have Haruhi praise him after he pretended to rape her never really passed well for me.

BUT when they added those flashbacks to Kyouya diving after Haruhi, that was the BEST scene for me because it properly showed that he does care. The live action made sure to humanize Kyouya before this episode with him helping Haruhi find her wallet, giving Renge the keys, and this time, diving after Haruhi. So I was very content with the addition they made to support Haruhi's claim about Kyouya's character.

A lot of people are being converted to KyoHaru but don't worry yanie, I still love my TamaHaru! I think the way they were sitting was awkward, but jumping out of a closet and hugging someone would be difficult to transition in live action anyway. The expressions and faces they had totally made up for it though - Haruhi's teary face and Tamaki's caring expression and stroking her head was just <333333

I've had lots of time to let that bedroom scene between Kyouya and Haruhi roll around in my mind for a while. . .

It's so hard to try and come up with an opinion, because Kyouya never confirms or denies what exactly his intentions were.
    -In both the anime and the live-action versions, after Haruhi says "You're really a nice guy after all; you were just trying to prove what Tamaki said to me earlier," Kyouya both times neglected to respond to her comment: all we get is a view of his back/the back of his head, and he does some type of expression that isn't quite clear. No

Honestly, I don't really think he was going to rape her or force himself on her (well, no more than he already did). Like I said, I really can't figure out WHAT he was getting at, but in my experience, sometimes guys like to do/say things just to see what type of response they'll get.
    (Men, I swear. . . Rolling Eyes )

If Kyouya is really as "cold and greedy" as his character lets on, then as Haruhi said "There would be nothing for him to gain" from forcing himself on her.

I really think he was just trying to see what she would do, and he got his answer: Haruhi stayed as cool as a cucumber Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 pm