Ouran Live Action

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Producer's Diary Entries

yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Producer's Diary Entries Empty Producer's Diary Entries

Post by yanie Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Some entries from the Producer's Diary in the official website.

translated by yanie

Kawaguchi-san is an energetic girl!

This is the producer, Tachibana.

Today, I'd like to write about the lead, Kawaguchi Haruna-san.

Straightly speaking, Kawaguchi Haruna-san is an "energetic" girl. You'll know when you watch the drama, that the lead, Haruhi, appears in every scene. Kawaguchi Haruna-san, of necessity, has to join the filmings everyday, and yet she's always energetic and never shows any 'tired' expression.

It has been 3 weeks since we started filming, and she has come to get along well with the other cast. Although she's being surrounded by 7 male cast, she's performing her acting at ease.

She's always smiling and cheerful, so the whole staff likes her and the good atmosphere on the set, is something that we have to thank her for, I think.

I'm sure she feel the pressure of being the lead for the first time, but I think she's really working hard.

Mr. Kan, the producer and chief director is also saying this in interviews, but I also always think that there's resemblance between Haruhi and Kawaguchi Haruna-san.

We'll be doing our best to make this "Ouran Highschool Host Club" as Kawaguchi Haruna-san's representative work!

=+=+=

About Yamamoto Yusuke-san

Today, I'd like to write about Yamamoto Yusuke-san.
    Yamamoto Yusuke-san, in any case, is kakkoii(handsome/cool)!
    When I see him from a close distance, it makes even me, a man, my heart beats faster.
    All of the male cast are kakkoii, but Yamamoto Yusuke-san really suit the shiny prince type.

Actually, I was an assistant producer of his first leading drama (TBS' midday drama, My Fair Boy), it has been 4 years since we first met, and I'm very suprised with his remarkable growth and career up to now.

Yesterday, I said that Kawaguchi Haruna-san resembles Haruhi, and now I also have to say that I feel Yamamoto Yusuke-san resembles Tamaki. It's how he has this shiny, princely side and yet sometimes he also show his natural unique side, that makes me think so.

The inevitable fate of a live-action adapted from an original manga, is that, frankly, there might be some people who'd feel that the casting is not right.

Yamamoto Yusuke-san was worrying about that more than anyone else, and he is really working hard not to disappoint the manga fans.

I'm sure he will overcome those pressure and imagination and he'll appear before everyone very soon, as Suou Tamaki that no one else can act.

Please look forward to it!

=+=+=

About Takagi Shinpei-san and Manpei-san

Today, I'd like to write about Takagi Shinpei-san and Manpei-san.

Straightly speaking, these two loves the original manga.
    I think they're number one and number two fans of the manga, among the other cast.

Apparently they have always thought, "Only WE can play these roles! We'd like to do these roles, no matter what!". I'm very impressed with their serious thoughts.

For your information, since they're living together, they're also practicing scenes of Hikaru and Kaoru, at home.

Especially, the "forbidden twin love" scenes, apparently they keep practicing that. (laughs)

It's always interesting to listen to their stories that only twins can experience. Even when they're apart, they'll know how the other's feeling, or they'll say something at the same time, seem like they have that kind of sychronicity. It's really strange.

Hikaru and Kaoru in the story, is very difficult to act, in my opinion. If they get it one step wrong, it might look like a pretentious act. But they're acting the roles with all their might, and I'm sure you'll be able to see that on the screen.

=+=+=

About Nakamura Masaya-san

Today, I'd like to write about Nakamura Masaya-san.

Straightly speaking, Nakamura Masaya-san is kind.

There are many the kind type among the cast, so they get along well naturally, but the one who created that chance, might be him.

Kawaguchi Haruna-san who is the shy type, was nervous being surrounded by older men, but seem like the one who made her feel at ease, was Nakamura Masaya-san.

He said, "I don't want people to misunderstand about me", so I think what he did was wonderful.

Among the main cast, Nakamura Masaya-san is the number one or number two of the funniest guy. He always consider other people's feelings and try to make the mood lively.

He has 192cm height, just as the character in the manga. So I feel like this is fate.

Due to the original character, in the drama he has very little lines, but Mori-sempai is definitely irreplaceable as the host club member.

=+=+=

About Chiba Yudai-san

Today, I'd like to write about Chiba Yudai-san.

Straightly speaking, Chiba Yudai-san is cute.

When we decided to make a live-action of "Ouran Highschool Host Club", a very big topic for us was, "Who will play Honey-sempai?" or rather "Who can play Honey-sempai?". But Chiba Yudai-san really suits the role.

Before we offer the job, I went to meet Chiba-san once. That time, he was in the middle of magazine photoshoot, and he looked very cute.

But the opposite of that idol image, when I talked to him, apparently he has a manly, level-headed side. That contrasting sides of him is really his charm.
    I think Black Honey will appear too, in the drama, so I think he is the one who can act the two-faces character.

On the set, seem like he's being bullied alot, and lately Kawaguchi Haruna-san joining in as well, but there's no mistaking that everyone loves him like he's the mascot.

In the drama, there will be moments where he become smaller, and he also has action moments, he has many highlights here.

Please, look forward to it.

=+=+=

About Daito Shunsuke-san

Today, I'd like to write about Daito Shunsuke-san.

Straightly speaking, Daito Shunsuke-san is a good young man.
    He's hard-working and kind, just like the good young man in pictures.

Among the main cast, Daito Shunsuke-san is the number one, number two stylish one. Everyone is stylish in their own way, but he always look very stylish.

I've also worked with him before in a drama, around 2 years ago. But he has definitely grown now, not only as an actor, but as a man too.

Might be related with the fact that he's playing the role as the Vice President, but sometimes he would be considerate of the others from afar, he also sometimes leading the communication with the other cast.

He has worked together with Yamamoto Yusuke-san many times, and seem like they have a deep mutual trust relationship. I'm sure you'd be able to see that on the screen.

=+=+=

Ouran Necktie is For Sale!!

In the "Ouran Highschool Host Club" drama, we weren't able to realize the uniform design that looks exactly like the one in the original manga, and so we had to make up an original design.

It's a very big responsibility for us to produce a live-action of a popular manga like "Ouran".

We really do not want to disappoint the manga fans, so we have been preparing the whole thing since half a year ago, but in the end, although we'd like to make everything the exact same as the manga, there are just things that we cannot avoid to change.

To change the uniform design was a very big decision we made. In the end, we made that choice, after Hatori Bisco-san, the manga author, encouraged us with her advice.

For your information, that design was the idea of the wardrobe guide, Kane-san and the producer also chief director, Kan-san.

It's the British type of trad design, and after we did some trial and error for the originality, we decided on this design. I still think the white lines is nice.

That's the chronology for the uniform design changes, but there's a part of it we'd like to keep faithful to the manga, which is this necktie!

We completed this necktie also with Hatori Bisco-san's advice. It's such a beautiful design, so we were considering of making this a product for sell, and finally we're able to realize that!

I'm so happy.

The necktie is being produced by COMIC NATALIE and Mantan Web (Mainichi Shimbun Digital), so as some of you might know, it is selling at TBS Shop at Akasaka and Tokyo Station starting on the 5th, and it's also selling in TBS i-Shop.

Please take a look!

=+=+=
    yanie
    yanie
    Host Club Member

Producer's Diary Entries Empty Re: Producer's Diary Entries

Post by yanie Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:24 am

Thank You for Watching Episode 9

How was Episode 9?

It was directed by Sato, who also directed Episode 8 too.

Seem like Sato, who directed Episode 4, 5, 8, 9, always gets episodes which has to be filmed outdoor faraway.

Far outdoor filming has very limited time, and there were many restrictions. So he really worked hard for this episode.

Hikaru and Kaoru's a bit heartbreaking story.

Haruhi and Tamaki's relationship development.

It also contains the start of troubles that would develop in Episode 10 and 11. It was quite hard to make this fully loaded episode.

Just like Episode 6, Takagi Manpei and Shinpei really worked hard. Hikaru had more screentime, but I personally like Kaoru's expression at the end, alot. I actually wanted to include more of Kaoru's pov in the episode.

Also, in the middle of the episode, Kyoya and Honey hit Tamaki's head with the guidebook, that was actually original scenes inspired from my favorite movie "Rajio no Jikan"(Welcome Back, Mr. McDonald). I especially love Honey's hit.

Sato's directing was good but as you know, the cast's performance was really good too, with the combination of the two, it resulted many hillarious scenes.

Only Episode 10 and 11 left.

Please support us till the end!